Least I Could Do (10-10)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 12, 2008, 1:43:38 PM10/12/08
Though this comic doesn't usually go into politics, this about the
right level of taste; and yes, I *like* bad taste when it's done
right! Also appropriate considering where some of her speeches have
gone recently . . .:

<http://www.leasticoulddo.com/comic/20081010>

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Oct 12, 2008, 8:58:51 PM10/12/08

Actually, the myth is probably that sex education has much impact on
teenage pregnancy at all.

Freezer

Oct 12, 2008, 9:39:57 PM10/12/08
If I don't respond to this Blinky the Wonder Wombat post, the
terrorists win.

> Actually, the myth is probably that sex education has much impact on
> teenage pregnancy at all.

The myth is that education (or lack thereof) will keep or encourage
kids from having sex: An idea that shows collossal ignorance as to what
Sex Ed actually is. Those who've had *proper* Sex Ed (including info on
disease and contraceptives, as well as the "rude mechanicals") are much
more likely to delay sex (at least until they're firmly in A.O.C.
territory) and use protection when they do.

As I've said before: I equate Abstinence-Only sex "education" to
teaching Driver's Ed where the only reading materials are insurance
brochures, the only films are Red Asphault and Blood On The Highway,
and you're not allowed to touch a steering wheel (not even your own).

--
My name is:
____ _

Freezer

Oct 12, 2008, 9:42:14 PM10/12/08
And I forgot to note that I'm actually enjoying the "Mythbuster" arc.
I'm sure Rayne will do something offensively misogynistic to set me
right again rather soon.

George W Harris

Oct 12, 2008, 10:29:08 PM10/12/08
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:58:51 -0700 (PDT), Blinky the Wonder Wombat
<wkharri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Actually, the myth is probably that sex education has much impact on
>teenage pregnancy at all.

Not so much:

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news-1/Sex-Ed-Can-Help-Prevent-Teen-Pregnancy-14974-1/

or

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4lnjdl

"The researchers found that teens who received
comprehensive sex education were 60 percent less likely
to get pregnant or to get someone pregnant than those
who received no sex education."
--
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'