Funky Winkerbean 30th High School Reunion

Renee

Jul 20, 2008, 10:08:54 AM7/20/08
I thought Lisa was in their class and had Darrin in high school. If
so, he would be 28 now, since he was 18 before the ten year jump.
So, how is their 30th coming up? Did they really jump 12 years. And
if so, would that make Summer a junior in high school?

Renee

Joseph Nebus

Jul 20, 2008, 12:58:23 PM7/20/08
Renee <rjef...@gmail.com> writes:

Well .. uhm. I guess the first time warp was in 1992, when
the characters graduated in 1988, so ... if the Crisis On Infinite
Funks tossed their backstories back a decade then ... uhm ... I guess
that means now they graduated in 1978 back in 1992, so they would be
on their thirtieth reunions. Oh, and Les's book solved the murder of
John Darling about three years before the murder took place.

--
Joseph Nebus

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jul 20, 2008, 3:48:17 PM7/20/08
On 20 Jul 2008 12:58:23 -0400, nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

>Renee <rjef...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I thought Lisa was in their class and had Darrin in high school. If
>>so, he would be 28 now, since he was 18 before the ten year jump.
>>So, how is their 30th coming up? Did they really jump 12 years. And
>>if so, would that make Summer a junior in high school?
>
> Well .. uhm. I guess the first time warp was in 1992, when
>the characters graduated in 1988, so ... if the Crisis On Infinite
>Funks tossed their backstories back a decade then ... uhm ... I guess
>that means now they graduated in 1978 back in 1992, so they would be
>on their thirtieth reunions. Oh, and Les's book solved the murder of
>John Darling about three years before the murder took place.

It's best not to think about it too much and just go with the flow
. . .

Paul Ciszek

Jul 20, 2008, 10:25:05 PM7/20/08

In article <33aaa212-543a-49d9...@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

28 would be about right, wouldn't it?

Any reason to think summer *isn't* a junior?

--
Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the

Renee

Jul 20, 2008, 11:08:44 PM7/20/08
On Jul 20, 9:25 pm, nos...@nospam.com (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
> In article <33aaa212-543a-49d9-9f5f-201f4c518...@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

> Renee  <rjeffr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I thought Lisa was in their class and had Darrin in high school.  If
> >so, he would be 28 now, since he was 18 before the ten year jump.
> >So, how is their 30th coming up?  Did they really jump 12 years.  And
> >if so, would that make Summer a junior in high school?
>
> 28 would be about right, wouldn't it?
>
> Any reason to think summer *isn't* a junior?
>
> --
> Please reply to:            | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
> pciszek at panix dot com    | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the
> Autoreply is disabled       | King of Saudi Arabia.

They were freshmen last year. So, they'd be sophomores this year.
If Darrin is 28, then they should be having their 28th anniversary -
assuming Lisa was a senior when she gave birth to him.

Renee

Paul Ciszek

Jul 20, 2008, 11:14:36 PM7/20/08

In article <b8437796-a724-4e07...@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

Renee <rjef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They were freshmen last year. So, they'd be sophomores this year.

Well, then there is also the issue of where birthdays fall on the cusp
of the school year.

>If Darrin is 28, then they should be having their 28th anniversary -
>assuming Lisa was a senior when she gave birth to him.

No, Darin was born when Lisa was in high school, but Les and Lisa got
married after they were out of college.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jul 21, 2008, 4:05:42 AM7/21/08

On another note, I'm surprised no one else's commented on the
rising chemistry between Les and Cindy!

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Ted Kerin

Jul 21, 2008, 10:01:02 AM7/21/08

"Joseph Nebus" <nebusj-@-rpi-.edu> wrote in message

>..., so ... if the Crisis On Infinite

> Funks tossed their backstories back a decade then ... uhm ...

The ultimate crisis will happen next time they do a crossover, when we see
Les visiting Lisa's grave and he passes by Crankshaft's mold-encrusted
headstone.

aemeijers

Jul 21, 2008, 7:57:01 PM7/21/08
You mean moss-encrusted, right? Or did they bury Cranky in a damp cave?

--
aem sends, perplexed....

trnco...@aol.com

Jul 21, 2008, 10:31:55 PM7/21/08
On Jul 20, 11:14�pm, nos...@nospam.com (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
> In article <b8437796-a724-4e07-a3db-98594b2c4...@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

> Renee �<rjeffr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > �They were freshmen last year. �So, they'd be sophomores this year.
>
> Well, then there is also the issue of where birthdays fall on the cusp
> of the school year.
>
> >If Darrin is 28, then they should be having their 28th anniversary -
> >assuming Lisa was a senior when she gave birth to him.
>
> No, Darin was born when Lisa was in high school, but Les and Lisa got
> married after they were out of college.

Twenty-eighth *graduation* anniversary, I think Renee means.

johndun...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2008, 12:50:15 AM7/26/08
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 01:05:42 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:48:17 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez
><AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

>>> Well .. uhm. I guess the first time warp was in 1992, when
>>>the characters graduated in 1988, so ... if the Crisis On Infinite
>>>Funks tossed their backstories back a decade then ... uhm ... I guess
>>>that means now they graduated in 1978 back in 1992, so they would be
>>>on their thirtieth reunions. Oh, and Les's book solved the murder of
>>>John Darling about three years before the murder took place.
>>
>> It's best not to think about it too much and just go with the flow
>>. . .
>>

> On another note, I'm surprised no one else's commented on the
>rising chemistry between Les and Cindy!

Poor Cindy has a thing for Pizza guys. Now that Les works in Montoni's he is hot. :-)

My money is still on Les and Susan his former student and a current teacher. AFAIK she is one of
the few characters with a model sheet that hasn't appeared since the great leap forward.