Barkeater Lake to end 1/6/2007

co...@cpantoon.com

Dec 1, 2006, 10:46:53 AM12/1/06
Well, it's been a good run and I appreciate all the support, criticism
and death threats I've recieved from everyone over the past 3 years.
The strip never really became what I had envisioned and I think it's
time to say goodbye.

Be sure to pick up those last few Barkeater pieces of merch while you
can at the comics.com store. Once the strip is gone, they'll shut down
the store.

A book of the entire run will be available after the new year.

Thanks again to you all for reading the strip. It sure was fun for a
while.

Cheers!

Corey Pandolph

J.D. Baldwin

Dec 1, 2006, 10:49:11 AM12/1/06

In the previous article, <co...@cpantoon.com> wrote:
> Well, it's been a good run and I appreciate all the support,
> criticism and death threats I've recieved from everyone over the
> past 3 years. The strip never really became what I had envisioned
> and I think it's time to say goodbye.

This blows. I really came to like the strip. Thanks for the three
years.
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___:)=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also

Mark Jackson

Dec 1, 2006, 11:07:23 AM12/1/06
co...@cpantoon.com writes:

> The strip never really became what I had envisioned and I think it's
> time to say goodbye.

Sorry to hear it. Thanks for a good three years.

Any nibbles on Aluminum Siding?

The Trinity is one of the most sublime mysteries of our holy
religion. In rejecting it because it is incomprehensible,
Unitarians betray their inadequate sense of theological
fundamentals. - Ambrose Bierce

Lothar Frings

Dec 1, 2006, 11:10:00 AM12/1/06
Corey Pandolph wrote:

> Well, it's been a good run and I appreciate all the support, criticism
> and death threats I've recieved from everyone over the past 3 years.
> The strip never really became what I had envisioned and I think it's
> time to say goodbye.

You did a nice job; BL has been part of my daily rotation
for almost the entire period. It's a pity it is to end
but you will have your reasons. For Sabrina it's better
than dying of cirrhosis.

Thanks for a great strip.

Beefies

Dec 1, 2006, 11:11:39 AM12/1/06
> Well, it's been a good run and I appreciate all the support, criticism
> and death threats I've recieved from everyone over the past 3 years.
> The strip never really became what I had envisioned and I think it's
> time to say goodbye.

That's a heart-breaker, Corey. I know how hard you worked to make a go of it
and how close you came to turning that final corner to syndication (several
times?).

Try to turn your frustration and talent to good instead of evil. Best of
luck to you.

Brian F.
momscancer.com
momscancer.blogspot.com

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Dec 1, 2006, 11:20:23 AM12/1/06

Thanks for the laughs, Corey. You created some memorable characters and
I hope to see you in the funny papers real soon!

ronniecat

Dec 1, 2006, 11:32:47 AM12/1/06
Recklessly refusing to invoke the Fifth Amendment, on 1 Dec 2006

Whaaaat? Noooooooooooooo!
Seriously, that's bad news. I truly like BL.

Well, thanks for giving us something wonderful for a few years,
anyway... and best of luck with your future projects.

ronnie

nickelshrink

Dec 1, 2006, 1:12:14 PM12/1/06

<co...@cpantoon.com> wrote in message news:1164988013.7...@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Bummer!!! But i have enjoyed it immensely!
I'll be watching for any comics porjects you embark upon.

--
pax
ruth

--
Save trees AND money! Buy used books!
http://stores.ebay.com/Noir-and-More-Books-and-Trains

Nick Theodorakis

Dec 1, 2006, 1:17:39 PM12/1/06

co...@cpantoon.com wrote:
> Well, it's been a good run and I appreciate all the support, criticism
> and death threats I've recieved from everyone over the past 3 years.
> The strip never really became what I had envisioned and I think it's
> time to say goodbye.

That's too bad. Hampsters or no, I liked the strip.

Are you going to be doing anything with Aluminum Siding? I think that
has great potential.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
nick_the...@hotmail.com

George W Harris

Dec 1, 2006, 1:30:29 PM12/1/06
On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:11:39 -0800, "Beefies"
<brian...@momscancer.com> wrote:

:Try to turn your frustration and talent to good instead of evil.

Are those the only two options?
--
/bud...@nirvana.net/h:k

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

co...@cpantoon.com

Dec 1, 2006, 1:41:29 PM12/1/06
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

I gave up being frustrated with BL long ago. I had resigned myself to
the fact that it was going to stay where it was and that was fine.
Along the way, however, I met Ces and the Drink At Work crew, started
writing comedy and collaborating on lots of different projects.
Barkeater Lake began to take a back seat and I didn't think it fair to
anyone to keep doing it half inspired.

Aluminum Siding has generated some interest and we are waiting for
Robot for Mad Magazine and continue to further my comedic career. I
have some animated shorts out there being considered and I just started
writing and co-producing a sketch comedy and stand up show here in
Portland.

Thanks so much you guys. You've all been very helpful and kind. Well,
some of you. Heh.

If you want to keep up on what's happening with me, you can check out
my blog and website:

http://www.cpantoon.com

It's sorta under a revision, but I update it everyday.

Cheers everyone!

Peter B. Steiger

Dec 1, 2006, 1:43:12 PM12/1/06
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:30:29 +0000, George W Harris sez:

> Are those the only two options?

No, there are nine possible combinations of lawful/neutral/chaotic
good/neutral/evil. The worst possible cartoonist (IMO) is the chaotic
neutral alignment; you never know WHAT you're gonna get. One day it might
be some sick combination of Garfield and "Love Is..." and the next day it
might be "Watch Your Head" or "The Far Side".

--
Peter B. Steiger
Rolling 2d20, WY

Mark Jackson

Dec 1, 2006, 2:58:58 PM12/1/06
"Peter B. Steiger" <see...@for.email.address> writes:
> On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:30:29 +0000, George W Harris sez:
>
> > Are those the only two options?
>
> No, there are nine possible combinations of lawful/neutral/chaotic
> good/neutral/evil. The worst possible cartoonist (IMO) is the chaotic
> neutral alignment; you never know WHAT you're gonna get. One day it might
> be some sick combination of Garfield and "Love Is..." and the next day it
> might be "Watch Your Head" or "The Far Side".

If you count "no update today" as one of the possible outcomes I'd say
*most* web cartoonists are chaotic neutral.

David Armour

Dec 1, 2006, 3:12:32 PM12/1/06
hi corey

> Well, it's been a good run and I appreciate all the support, criticism
> and death threats I've recieved from everyone over the past 3 years.
> The strip never really became what I had envisioned and I think it's

might as well add my NO!! to the rest. there'll be a gap in my
daily comix read that'll be hard to fill.

even if i find sabrina's alcoholism quite distressing, for my own
personal, and historical reasons, she (you) did give us: "To the
vodkamobile!"

we'll always have that.

but best wishes in whatever you decide to work on.

Peter Trei

Dec 1, 2006, 3:58:29 PM12/1/06

Drat drat drat drat. I added BL to my daily rotation only
this past month. I'll miss it.

Peter Trei

Rob Wynne

Dec 1, 2006, 5:02:34 PM12/1/06
co...@cpantoon.com wrote:
> Thanks again to you all for reading the strip. It sure was fun for a
> while.

Thanks for making it and sharing it with us, and for sharing yourself
here as well.

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

Message has been deleted

cbru...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2006, 9:41:49 PM12/1/06
I'll miss the strip, Corey. I've been reading "Barkeater Lake" since
day one and I enjoyed every one of it.

I'll definately pick up the book. Let us know when it comes out.

unMichael

Dec 2, 2006, 9:32:33 AM12/2/06
co...@cpantoon.com wrote:
> Well, it's been a good run and I appreciate all the support, criticism
> and death threats I've recieved from everyone over the past 3 years.
> The strip never really became what I had envisioned and I think it's
> time to say goodbye.

I'm disappointed, but it's always better for a strip to end when the
artist thinks it's time.

> Be sure to pick up those last few Barkeater pieces of merch while you
> can at the comics.com store. Once the strip is gone, they'll shut down
> the store.

I hope it's not going to just go away on the 7'th.

> A book of the entire run will be available after the new year.

That will be nice.

> Thanks again to you all for reading the strip. It sure was fun for a
> while.

Thanks for giving us the strip to read.

Best of luck.

Dann

Dec 2, 2006, 8:32:26 PM12/2/06
On 01 Dec 2006, said the following in news:1164988013.737280.149940
@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com.

> Well, it's been a good run and I appreciate all the support, criticism
> and death threats I've recieved from everyone over the past 3 years.
> The strip never really became what I had envisioned and I think it's
> time to say goodbye.

Thanks for your hard work. BL was on of my favorites. It certainly
deserved more of a chance than it received.

Regards,
Dann

Dann

Dec 2, 2006, 8:31:07 PM12/2/06
On 01 Dec 2006, Peter B. Steiger said the following in

> On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:30:29 +0000, George W Harris sez:
>
>> Are those the only two options?
>
> No, there are nine possible combinations of lawful/neutral/chaotic
> good/neutral/evil. The worst possible cartoonist (IMO) is the chaotic
> neutral alignment; you never know WHAT you're gonna get. One day it
> might be some sick combination of Garfield and "Love Is..." and the
> next day it might be "Watch Your Head" or "The Far Side".

I used to run a rock troll that was chaotic good. His heart....such as
it was...was always in the right place. The wake of destruction however
well intentioned was not always appreciated.

BTW, which is your village in Tribal Wars??

Regards,
Dann

worthwh...@aol.com

Dec 4, 2006, 10:24:39 AM12/4/06
Sorry to hear that Barkeater Lake is ending. I was hoping that it and
Sheldon would find a place in the newspapers.

> Aluminum Siding has generated some interest and we are waiting for
> Robot for Mad Magazine and continue to further my comedic career. I
> have some animated shorts out there being considered and I just started
> writing and co-producing a sketch comedy and stand up show here in
> Portland.

I grew up in Falmouth and still visit from time to time. I'll have to
check out your show next time I blow into town. I promise not to
heckle.

All the best.