Doonesbury (8-15)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 16, 2008, 12:49:22 AM8/16/08
Nominee for funniest comic of the day; drug humor never gets old!:

<http://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/2008/08/15/>

<http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2008/8/15&name=Doonesbury>

<http://preview.tinyurl.com/5bhspw>

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Night Owl

Aug 17, 2008, 8:31:22 PM8/17/08
On Aug 16, 12:49 am, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> Nominee for funniest comic of the day; drug humor never gets old!:
>
> <http://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/2008/08/15/>
>
> <http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2008/8/15&name=Do...>

> <http://preview.tinyurl.com/5bhspw>
>
> --
>
> - ReFlex76
>
> - "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"
>
> - "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"
>
> - Jesus Christ - The original hippie!
>
> <http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>
>
> <http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>
>
> Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

I wonder if Michael Phelps ever has thoughts like this? He does eat
4000 calorie meals after all. It's kinda scary.

Rob Wynne

Aug 18, 2008, 3:53:45 PM8/18/08
Night Owl <other.e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I wonder if Michael Phelps ever has thoughts like this? He does eat
> 4000 calorie meals after all. It's kinda scary.

Phelps would look at the McFriendly's menu and think "Really? Cor, I can
have two of those!".

The evidence that the man is simply not human keeps mounting.

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

racs...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2008, 5:55:03 PM8/18/08

Rob Wynne wrote:
> Night Owl <other.e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I wonder if Michael Phelps ever has thoughts like this? He does eat
> > 4000 calorie meals after all. It's kinda scary.
>
> Phelps would look at the McFriendly's menu and think "Really? Cor, I can
> have two of those!".
>
> The evidence that the man is simply not human keeps mounting.

Ah, let's see him at 35.

Mike Peterson
http://nellieblogs.blogspot.com

Ted Goldblatt

Aug 18, 2008, 7:29:43 PM8/18/08
pete...@SPAMnelliebly.org wrote:

> Rob Wynne wrote:
>> Night Owl <other.e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I wonder if Michael Phelps ever has thoughts like this? He does eat
>>> 4000 calorie meals after all. It's kinda scary.
>> Phelps would look at the McFriendly's menu and think "Really? Cor, I can
>> have two of those!".
>>
>> The evidence that the man is simply not human keeps mounting.
>
> Ah, let's see him at 35.

Well, what about Dara Torres then? Of course, she did take a couple of
years off...

(She comes to mind because she gets a lot of local coverage, as she
lives locally and trains at the aquatic center here.)

Rob Wynne

Aug 19, 2008, 10:52:06 AM8/19/08

Or, even more impressively, 33 year old Oksana Chusovitina, who won the
silver in women's individual vault.

A 41 year old swimmer is astounding. A 33 year old *gymnist*....I have to
use the original sense of "awesome".

racs...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2008, 6:22:35 PM8/19/08

Rob Wynne wrote:
> Ted Goldblatt <ted.go...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > pete...@SPAMnelliebly.org wrote:

> >> Ah, let's see him at 35.
> >
> > Well, what about Dara Torres then? Of course, she did take a couple of
> > years off...
> >
> > (She comes to mind because she gets a lot of local coverage, as she
> > lives locally and trains at the aquatic center here.)
>
> Or, even more impressively, 33 year old Oksana Chusovitina, who won the
> silver in women's individual vault.
>
> A 41 year old swimmer is astounding. A 33 year old *gymnist*....I have to
> use the original sense of "awesome".

Yeah, well, any guy who can keep slamming down the food like that as
he gets into middle age had damn well better stay at a competitive
pace with the exercise. My guess is that he'll either change his diet
or he'll need more than a high-tech suit to deal with the water
resistence.

Mike Peterson
http://nellieblogs.blogspot.com

Andrew Ryan Chang

Aug 20, 2008, 1:22:42 AM8/20/08
pete...@SPAMnelliebly.org <racs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

[....]

>Yeah, well, any guy who can keep slamming down the food like that as
>he gets into middle age had damn well better stay at a competitive
>pace with the exercise. My guess is that he'll either change his diet
>or he'll need more than a high-tech suit to deal with the water
>resistence.

Now you've got me wondering what the upper bound is on a LZR
suit's ability to compress the human body. (Sure, the current ones are
single-piece and are very tight even for fit swimmers, but maybe in the
future they'll have ones you can be winched into, like a high-tech
all-over girdle.)

--
"_The Coconut of Quendor:_ Orkan of Thriff has suggested that if all
the 'Shards of The One True Coconut' and 'Vials of The Blessed Milk' were

Detox

Aug 20, 2008, 8:28:01 AM8/20/08
On Aug 20, 1:22 am, arch...@sfu.ca (Andrew Ryan Chang) wrote:

>  [....]
>
> >Yeah, well, any guy who can keep slamming down the food like that as
> >he gets into middle age had damn well better stay at a competitive
> >pace with the exercise. My guess is that he'll either change his diet
> >or he'll need more than a high-tech suit to deal with the water
> >resistence.
>
>         Now you've got me wondering what the upper bound is on a LZR
> suit's ability to compress the human body.  (Sure, the current ones are
> single-piece and are very tight even for fit swimmers, but maybe in the
> future they'll have ones you can be winched into, like a high-tech
> all-over girdle.)

Something about squeezing 10 lbs of...erm...stuff into a 5 lbs bag
comes to mind. I wouldn't want to witness the failure mode.

--
Regards,
Dann