Sinfest recent arc

1 view

Paul Ciszek

May 31, 2008, 2:27:11 PM5/31/08
Slick isn't in the real hell. The disney version that he's seeing
is the best (or, rather, worst) the devil-kid was able to manage
with his lame "hex".

--
Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 1, 2008, 5:49:06 PM6/1/08
On Sat, 31 May 2008 18:27:11 +0000 (UTC), nos...@nospam.com (Paul
Ciszek) wrote:

>Slick isn't in the real hell. The disney version that he's seeing
>is the best (or, rather, worst) the devil-kid was able to manage
>with his lame "hex".

Non-stop "It's a Small World" for eternity; it that's not hell, I
don't know what is . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Cryptoengineer

Jun 3, 2008, 11:25:53 AM6/3/08
On Jun 1, 5:49 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2008 18:27:11 +0000 (UTC), nos...@nospam.com (Paul
>
> Ciszek) wrote:
> >Slick isn't in the real hell.  The disney version that he's seeing
> >is the best (or, rather, worst) the devil-kid was able to manage
> >with his lame "hex".
>
>    Non-stop "It's a Small World" for eternity; it that's not hell, I
> don't know what is . . .

I first rode IASW in 1964, at the NY World's Fair. One run was
enough to burn the song into my 7 year old brain. I realized it
was obnoxious even then.

I've ridden a couple times since then, due to having children
rather than any personal curiousity. The most recent one was
at WDW about a month ago. They've nerfed it, reducing the
number of (English) verses from three(?) to one, and upping
the amount its sung in other languages.

It's still obnoxious, but about half as much as before.

pt

John Reiher

Jun 3, 2008, 2:52:45 PM6/3/08
In article
<4cbfd62d-c268-4c1e...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Cryptoengineer <pete...@gmail.com> wrote:

I heard that one time the ride broke down and parents got out of the
boats and carried their screaming kids out through any exit they could
find.

--
The Kedamono Dragon
Pull Pinky's favorite words to email me.

Check out the PowerPointers Shop at:
http://www.cafeshops.com/PowerPointers

Rob Wynne

Jun 3, 2008, 3:14:32 PM6/3/08

"Indeed, none of the accumulated data within the song even remotely leads
to the conclusion that it's a small world after all. At best, it concludes
that it's a world of indeterminate emotional states, rooted in a communal
impulse."
--John Scalzi

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

Brian Huntley

Jun 3, 2008, 5:11:54 PM6/3/08
On Jun 3, 3:14 pm, Rob Wynne <d...@america.net> wrote:

> Cryptoengineer <petert...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 1, 5:49 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:

> >>    Non-stop "It's a Small World" for eternity; it that's not hell, I
> >> don't know what is . . .
>
> > I first rode IASW in 1964, at the NY World's Fair. One run was
> > enough to burn the song into my 7 year old brain. I realized it
> > was obnoxious even then.
>
> > I've ridden a couple times since then, due to having children
> > rather than any personal curiousity. The most recent one was
> > at WDW about a month ago. They've nerfed it, reducing the
> > number of (English) verses from three(?) to one, and upping
> > the amount its sung in other languages.
>
> > It's still obnoxious, but about half as much as before.
>
> "Indeed, none of the accumulated data within the song even remotely leads
> to the conclusion that it's a small world after all. At best, it concludes
> that it's a world of indeterminate emotional states, rooted in a communal
> impulse."
> --John Scalzi

It's a small world (and getting smaller) because people keep scuffing
their feet as they walk, causing erosion. Lucy van Pelt warned us
about this years ago.

- Brian (treading lightly) Huntley

racs...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2008, 7:19:44 PM6/3/08
On Jun 3, 11:25 am, Cryptoengineer <petert...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >    Non-stop "It's a Small World" for eternity; it that's not hell, I
> > don't know what is . . .
>
> I first rode IASW in 1964, at the NY World's Fair. One run was
> enough to burn the song into my 7 year old brain. I realized it
> was obnoxious even then.

The little trams that ran around the World's Fair were sponsored by
Greyhound and their "horns" played a Greyhound jingle.

By mentioning that, I may have just replaced one obnoxious earworm
with another. At least you had to make the mistake of taking that ride
to pick up "It's a Small World After All." If you attended the fair
at all, you were exposed to the damn bus jingle every 30 seconds for
the entire time you were outdoors on the site.

Mike Peterson
http://nellieblogs.blogspot.com

"Go Greyhound, and leave the driving to us!"

Mark Jackson

Jun 3, 2008, 8:32:31 PM6/3/08
pete...@SPAMnelliebly.org wrote:

> The little trams that ran around the World's Fair were sponsored by
> Greyhound and their "horns" played a Greyhound jingle.
>
> By mentioning that, I may have just replaced one obnoxious earworm
> with another. At least you had to make the mistake of taking that ride
> to pick up "It's a Small World After All." If you attended the fair
> at all, you were exposed to the damn bus jingle every 30 seconds for
> the entire time you were outdoors on the site.

> "Go Greyhound, and leave the driving to us!"

"Take the Greyhound.
It's a dog of a way to get around.
Take the Greyhound.
It's a dog gone easy way to get you down."
- Harry Chapin

Men become civilized, not in proportion to their
willingness to believe, but in proportion to their
readiness to doubt. - H. L. Mencken