Lio (6-22)

1 view

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 22, 2008, 10:02:11 PM6/22/08
There are many movie references one can expect to find in the
comics page; A Clockwork Orange is *not* one of them, yet leave it to
Lio to do it anyway!:

<http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2008/06/22/>

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Night Owl

Jun 22, 2008, 10:24:18 PM6/22/08
On Jun 22, 10:02 pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> There are many movie references one can expect to find in the
> comics page; A Clockwork Orange is *not* one of them, yet leave it to
> Lio to do it anyway!:
>
> <http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2008/06/22/>
>
> --
> - ReFlex 76

Actually the reference to this movie I see the most in cartoons is the
scene where the person is strapped to a chair and force to watch a
specific movie for hours at a time. It's kind of odd.

John Reiher

Jun 22, 2008, 11:34:30 PM6/22/08
In article <hr0u545re49cst66j...@4ax.com>,

Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

> There are many movie references one can expect to find in the
> comics page; A Clockwork Orange is *not* one of them, yet leave it to
> Lio to do it anyway!:
>
> <http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2008/06/22/>

The other reference is Back to the Future II: The flying hoverboards.

--
The Kedamono Dragon
Pull Pinky's favorite words to email me.

Check out the PowerPointers Shop at:
http://www.cafeshops.com/PowerPointers

Paige

Jun 23, 2008, 10:44:29 AM6/23/08

This movie is SO overrated.The only good thing to come of it was the
cool poster art featuring Malcolm MacDowell with a derby hat and
eyelash.

Paige

Peter B. Steiger

Jun 23, 2008, 12:20:47 PM6/23/08
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:44:29 -0700, Paige sez:
> This movie is SO overrated.The only good thing to come of it was the
> cool poster art featuring Malcolm MacDowell with a derby hat and
> eyelash.

And TOTALLY ruining any performance, ever, of the song "Singin' in the
Rain"

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY

Bobcat

Jun 23, 2008, 4:49:49 PM6/23/08
On Jun 23, 12:20 pm, "Peter B. Steiger" <see....@for.email.address>
wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:44:29 -0700, Paige sez:
>
> > This movie is SO overrated.The only good thing to come of it was the
> > cool poster art featuring Malcolm MacDowell with a derby hat and
> > eyelash.
> And TOTALLY ruining any performance, ever, of the song "Singin' in the
> Rain"
> Peter B. Steiger

That's what makes individual taste so interesting. I really liked A
Clockwork Orange. I thought it was one of the best of Stanley Kubrik's
excellent films.

George Peatty

Jun 23, 2008, 6:34:30 PM6/23/08
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:20:47 -0400, "Peter B. Steiger"
<see...@for.email.address> wrote:

>And TOTALLY ruining any performance, ever, of the song "Singin' in the
>Rain"

Which is why I never have .. and will never see .. that terrible movie. I
love that song.

Mike Beede

Jun 23, 2008, 7:58:56 PM6/23/08
In article
<958afc96-1a81-4aab...@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Paige <luana....@gmail.com> wrote:

> This movie is SO overrated.The only good thing to come of it was the
> cool poster art featuring Malcolm MacDowell with a derby hat and
> eyelash.

Funny, I watched it for the first time a couple years ago and I
thought it was really good. Disturbing, but good.

And I still like "Singing in the Rain." However, that was part
of what made it so disturbing.

Mike Beede

Ted Goldblatt

Jun 23, 2008, 11:13:57 PM6/23/08

It might not have been _great_, but I thought Gene Kelly wasn't bad in
it... Oh, you don't mean _that_ terrible movie...

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Jun 23, 2008, 11:15:53 PM6/23/08
In article <6cb73nF...@mid.individual.net>,

We lost Cyd Charisse last week too. YOu can ceratinly argue her number
didn't really "fit" in the movie, but it was a *lot* of fun.

I can never agree with myself on what a top-ten-ever movie list would be,
but "Singin'" is in there.

Ted
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Olz

Jun 24, 2008, 8:53:53 AM6/24/08
On Jun 23, 12:20 pm, "Peter B. Steiger" <see....@for.email.address>
wrote:

I know what you mean. I could never listen to "I want to marry a
lighthouse keeper" again.

Mike Marshall

Jun 24, 2008, 10:47:10 AM6/24/08
Mike Beede <be...@visi.com> writes:
>Funny, I watched it for the first time a couple years ago and I
>thought it was really good. Disturbing, but good.

I'll charge you a dollar less than whatever you paid to see that movie,
and you can come over to my house and I'll whack your thumb with a hammer,
but good.

-Mike "not a fan of awful stuff... even if it's good."

Mike Beede

Jun 24, 2008, 8:41:36 PM6/24/08
In article <g3r1de$bqf$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>,
Mike Marshall <hub...@clemson.edu> wrote:

> Mike Beede <be...@visi.com> writes:
> >Funny, I watched it for the first time a couple years ago and I
> >thought it was really good. Disturbing, but good.
>
> I'll charge you a dollar less than whatever you paid to see that movie,
> and you can come over to my house and I'll whack your thumb with a hammer,
> but good.

Great. I was paid $4,500 to watch it as a professional film
critic. When you have the $4,499 ready, let me know and we'll
talk.

Mike Beede

Rob Wynne

Jun 24, 2008, 8:47:38 PM6/24/08

Five grand for one movie?

I went into the wrong racket, man...

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

Charlie Foxtrot

Jun 25, 2008, 3:37:46 AM6/25/08
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:47:38 GMT, Rob Wynne <d...@america.net> wrote:

>Mike Beede <be...@visi.com> wrote:
>> In article <g3r1de$bqf$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>,
>> Mike Marshall <hub...@clemson.edu> wrote:

>>> I'll charge you a dollar less than whatever you paid to see that movie,
>>> and you can come over to my house and I'll whack your thumb with a hammer,
>>> but good.
>>
>> Great. I was paid $4,500 to watch it as a professional film
>> critic. When you have the $4,499 ready, let me know and we'll
>> talk.
>>

>Five grand for one movie?
>
>I went into the wrong racket, man...

But wait!

Mike Marshall said he'd pay a dollar LESS than whatever Mike Beede
paid to see the movie.

Mike Beede was PAID $5000 to watch it.

That means Mike Beede paid NOTHING to see it.

Logic leads us to Mike Beede OWES Mike Marshall a dollar since Mike
Marshall's offer has him owing Mike Beede negative-one dollar.

Foxtrot
If you think you hate me from what I write here, check out my blog on my MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/bennettron

If you actually think I'm an okay guy, go ahead and add me as your friend if you are active at MySpace.

Mike Marshall

Jun 25, 2008, 10:22:25 AM6/25/08
Mike Beede <be...@visi.com> writes:
>Great. I was paid $4,500 to watch it as a professional film
>critic. When you have the $4,499 ready, let me know and we'll
>talk.

Send me proof that someone paid you $4,500.00 to see an old movie and
I'll get started saving. CAVEAT: given the stakes here, I'm
going to use a 5lb sledge...

-Mike "maybe Trudeau can work this up into a Doonesbury arc..."

kevrob

Jun 25, 2008, 2:05:07 PM6/25/08

One could always read Burgess' book. I liked the movie, but the book
rocked!

Kevin

J.D. Baldwin

Jun 25, 2008, 5:36:44 PM6/25/08

In the previous article, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
> There are many movie references one can expect to find in the
> comics page; A Clockwork Orange is *not* one of them, yet leave it
> to Lio to do it anyway!:

I'd say "Blue Velvet" is even more unlikely, and "Luann" did that back
on June 13th.
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___:)=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also

Mike Beede

Jun 25, 2008, 7:56:54 PM6/25/08
In article <g3tkb1$pfe$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>,
Mike Marshall <hub...@clemson.edu> wrote:

> Mike Beede <be...@visi.com> writes:
> >Great. I was paid $4,500 to watch it as a professional film
> >critic. When you have the $4,499 ready, let me know and we'll
> >talk.
>
> Send me proof that someone paid you $4,500.00 to see an old movie and
> I'll get started saving. CAVEAT: given the stakes here, I'm
> going to use a 5lb sledge...

Now it's proof you want? Fine. The document search will be
$2000, nonrefundable.

Mike Beede

Mike Marshall

Jun 26, 2008, 10:51:45 AM6/26/08

> Mike Beede

I can't win for loosing on this group, I'm outta here. Good bye rec.arts.comics,
hello alt.startrek.enya...

-Mike