15 Aug PBS: he went *there*?

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Aug 15, 2008, 11:20:39 AM8/15/08
images.chron.com/apps/comics/images/2008/8/15/Pearls_Before_Swine.232.g.gif

Any papers do a substitute?

Ted
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

cryptoguy

Aug 15, 2008, 11:55:30 AM8/15/08
On Aug 15, 11:20 am, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>)
wrote:

Went where? Pig does a chest-plant on the end of the beam.
What's there to get squicky about?

Peter Trei

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Aug 15, 2008, 12:22:37 PM8/15/08
In article <d1e79931-3302-40f3...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

Ok, maybe it's just my dirty mind and the word "do" :-)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 15, 2008, 12:31:07 PM8/15/08

Well, there was a rather popular sports blooper video of one of
these a few years back; not "agony of defeat" popular, but still . . .

Don Del Grande

Aug 15, 2008, 12:39:44 PM8/15/08
cryptoguy wrote:

> Ted Nolan wrote:
>
>> images.chron.com/apps/comics/images/2008/8/15/Pearls_Before_Swine.232.g.gif

Also:
http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2008/8/15&name=Pearls_Before_Swine

>> Any papers do a substitute?
>
>Went where? Pig does a chest-plant on the end of the beam.
>What's there to get squicky about?

What needs to be explained is, someone needs to explain to Pastis that
if you're telling a joke about a vault, you don't confuse people by
showing a balance beam in the last panel.

-- Don

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Aug 15, 2008, 1:10:29 PM8/15/08
On Aug 15, 12:39 pm, Don Del Grande <del_grande_n...@earthlink.net>
wrote:> Also:http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2008/8/15&name=Pe...

> >> Any papers do a substitute?
>
> >Went where? Pig does a chest-plant on the end of the beam.
> >What's there to get squicky about?
>
> What needs to be explained is, someone needs to explain to Pastis that
> if you're telling a joke about a vault, you don't confuse people by
> showing a balance beam in the last panel.
>
> -- Don

Pastis already muddied the water when he had women gymnists performing
on the rings- that is strictly a men's event (although the visual of
Pig swinging on the ring was funny!).