The dangers of imitatable behavior (Hi and Lois, 25 February)

Joseph Nebus

Feb 25, 2009, 10:28:10 AM2/25/09
``It's okay that we started by killing her, right?''

http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20090225&name=Hi_and_Lois

--
Joseph Nebus

ron.b...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2009, 12:58:17 PM2/25/09
On Feb 25, 10:28 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
> ``It's okay that we started by killing her, right?''
>
> http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20090225&name=Hi_and_Lois

Never mind that Trixie shouldn't be old enough to handle the concept
of death (and I wonder about Dot and Ditto too), but what are kids
that age doing watching that show??

Ron

Mike B

Feb 25, 2009, 1:14:42 PM2/25/09

<http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20090225&name=Hi_and_Lois>

New on CBS Saturday Morning, it's L'IL CSI! What were those wacky
serial killers and our crimestoppers like growing up? Find out on the
new animated series! Remember kids, this Saturday get a clue on CBS!

nickelshrink

Feb 25, 2009, 1:42:11 PM2/25/09

They can't really be watchers of the show, or else
Dot would be wearing a snug low-cut tank top.

--
pax,
ruth

Save trees AND money! Buy used books!
http://stores.ebay.com/Noir-and-More-Books-and-Trains

Eric S. Harris

Feb 26, 2009, 4:14:46 AM2/26/09
nickelshrink wrote:
> ron.b...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On Feb 25, 10:28 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
>>
>>> ``It's okay that we started by killing her, right?''
>>>
>>> http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20090225&name=Hi_and_Lois
>>>

>> Never mind that Trixie shouldn't be old enough to handle the concept
>> of death (and I wonder about Dot and Ditto too), but what are kids
>> that age doing watching that show??
>>
>> Ron
>>

> They can't really be watchers of the show, or else
> Dot would be wearing a snug low-cut tank top.

Good point. And people made fun of the T-and-A aspect of the various
Trek shows.

I gave up on W/O a Trace and CSI: Miami when I realized I (1) wasn't
getting 120 minutes worth of enjoyment from them and (2) was having
trouble telling blonde #1 from blonde #2.

Haven't given up on CSI: Original yet, for some reason.

OOTC (nearly): the episodes where "Two and a Half Men" and CSI: Original
swapped writers were pretty good. (Urk. I just thought of another way
to take "Two and a Half Men".) -Eric

--
Replace the "w" with a "y" when replying via e-mail. If I haven't
replied to an alleged rebuttal (yet), it may not be the most deserving

JC Dill

Feb 26, 2009, 2:26:09 PM2/26/09
Eric S. Harris wrote:

> I gave up on W/O a Trace and CSI: Miami when I realized I (1) wasn't
> getting 120 minutes worth of enjoyment from them and (2) was having
> trouble telling blonde #1 from blonde #2.

Good point. I tend to watch them in the background while working on the
computer, which makes it even harder to keep track of the various blonde
characters.

> Haven't given up on CSI: Original yet, for some reason.

Maybe because this one has stayed gritty and true to the original formula.

> OOTC (nearly): the episodes where "Two and a Half Men" and CSI: Original
> swapped writers were pretty good.

Which episodes were these? I have missed quite a few episodes of CSI(O)
in the past few years due to night classes.

jc

Mike B

Feb 26, 2009, 2:59:31 PM2/26/09
JC Dill wrote:
> Eric S. Harris wrote:
>> I gave up on W/O a Trace and CSI: Miami when I realized I (1)
>> wasn't getting 120 minutes worth of enjoyment from them and (2)
>> was having trouble telling blonde #1 from blonde #2.
>
> Good point. I tend to watch them in the background while working
> on the computer, which makes it even harder to keep track of the
> various blonde characters.

This may sound strange, but it's how my memory works: I never have
trouble remembering the blonde from CSI:M because she (Emily
Procter) used to be on THE WEST WING. Come to think of it,
that's how I originally remembered Jorja Fox, but I grew out of
that one (because I watched CSI(O) but rarely MIAMI).

Sherwood Harrington

Feb 26, 2009, 3:06:54 PM2/26/09
Mike B <M1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> JC Dill wrote:
>> Eric S. Harris wrote:
>>> I gave up on W/O a Trace and CSI: Miami when I realized I (1)
>>> wasn't getting 120 minutes worth of enjoyment from them and (2)
>>> was having trouble telling blonde #1 from blonde #2.
>>
>> Good point. I tend to watch them in the background while working
>> on the computer, which makes it even harder to keep track of the
>> various blonde characters.

> This may sound strange, but it's how my memory works: I never have
> trouble remembering the blonde from CSI:M because she (Emily
> Procter) used to be on THE WEST WING.

Exactly the same for me -- the difference being that I *loved* her West
Wing character but her CSI persona is dull, dull, dull. I like to watch
CSI:M occasionally just to watch David Caruso chew scenery. He's no
William Shatner, but he does it very well.

--
Sherwood Harrington
Boulder Creek, California

Beefies

Feb 26, 2009, 4:30:29 PM2/26/09
> This may sound strange, but it's how my memory works: I never have
> trouble remembering the blonde from CSI:M because she (Emily
> Procter) used to be on THE WEST WING. Come to think of it,
> that's how I originally remembered Jorja Fox, but I grew out of
> that one (because I watched CSI(O) but rarely MIAMI).

My girls got me into CSI: Original through the character of Grissom, who
brought a geeky/sexy vibe to the screen in a way that I don't recall seeing
on TV since Mr. Spock. You just knew that when Grissom looked up a corpse's
nose and found a beetle that could only breed within 300 feet of Lake Mead,
the bad guy was as good as caught. Bless my kids, they like 'em brainy. We
were all distraught when he left the show.

I always remembered Jorja Fox as a lesbian doc on ER, which made her
relationship with Grissom seem extra-ooky to me.

Brian F.
brianfies.blogspot.com

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Feb 26, 2009, 11:43:40 PM2/26/09

Jim Carrey does a brutal impression that says it all:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvGfQnx3DI>

--

- ReFlex76

Mike B

Feb 27, 2009, 2:28:12 AM2/27/09
Antonio E. Gonzalez quoted and wrote:
>> I like to watch CSI:M occasionally just to watch David Caruso
>> chew scenery. He's no William Shatner, but he does it very well.

> Jim Carrey does a brutal impression that says it all:

> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvGfQnx3DI>

Amusing, as was the "related video" of clips of Caruso
actually doing this:

"CSI Miami - Endless Caruso One Liners"
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948>

You have to wonder how he could say them with a
straight face after a while.

Eric S. Harris

Aug 2, 2009, 11:20:13 PM8/2/09
JC Dill wrote:

Better late than never. Sometimes, anyway. Let's see if this is one of
them.

The CSI episode was the one with Katey Segal, Dietrich Bader and a bunch
of others, all involved with a TV sitcom on location in Las Vegas. The
despised sitcom star turns up dead. The writers denied drawing on
specific incidents from their experience writing for sitcoms. (Perhaps
on advice of their attorneys...)

The 2.5 Men episode is where Ma Harper's bridegroom ends up suspiciously
dead. There's a character or three from the police who resemble folks
from CSI. Does Charlie refrain from hitting on the redheaded gal from
the crime lab, just because he could be considered a suspect? Does Alan
panic or get flustered? Both? Does Jake get enough to eat? Guest
stars for the story arc that ended with that episode: Robert Wagner,
Jenny McCarthy.

Sorry, don't know the episode names, but http://imdb.com and the guest
stars should get you to them. -Eric