Arlo & Janis 8-27

Freezer

Aug 28, 2009, 1:27:24 AM8/28/09
http://comics.com/arlo&janis/2009-08-27/

Bah! That's like saying "Seen one Playboy, seen 'em all!"

--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://freezer818.livejournal.com/

Joseph Nebus

Aug 28, 2009, 10:22:27 AM8/28/09
Freezer <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> writes:

>http://comics.com/arlo&janis/2009-08-27/

>Bah! That's like saying "Seen one Playboy, seen 'em all!"

Although there are a lot of niche magazines which could be
described the same way.

--
Joseph Nebus

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Aug 28, 2009, 11:16:42 AM8/28/09
On Aug 28, 1:27 am, Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
> http://comics.com/arlo&janis/2009-08-27/
>
> Bah!  That's like saying "Seen one Playboy, seen 'em all!"

I think when you get to a certain age and the passions of youth are
viewed through the filter of acquired wisdom, even all the Playboy
models look the same.

aemeijers

Aug 28, 2009, 5:37:58 PM8/28/09
Joseph Nebus wrote:
> Freezer <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> writes:
>
>> http://comics.com/arlo&janis/2009-08-27/
>
>> Bah! That's like saying "Seen one Playboy, seen 'em all!"
>
> Although there are a lot of niche magazines which could be
> described the same way.

And judging by the percentage of abandoned Usenet groups, we may
resemble that remark.

Bad enough when many artists set up their own blogs/websites, either for
artistic expression or income from click-throughs, or both. But if the
content load and local bar atmosphere of RACS ends up moving to the
'social networking' world all the kids are talking about, I probably
won't be coming along. Only so many hours in the day, and I only have so
many years left...

But having whined all that- Boating magazines, fashion/bridal
magazines, hot rod magazines, and yes, even playboy, are all aimed at a
narrow demographic. When you age out of that group, either by years or
real-world responsibilities, the repetitiveness starts to jump out at
you. I have dropped several newsgroups, including when I recently
changed feeds, for that reason. It hit me that there was never anything
new on the group- just the same old stuff for the Nth time. And of
course we have beat the signal/noise ratio issue to death on here
several times before. And to bring this back on topic, I find I barely
look at the comments sections on the comic web sites any more- they
mostly have become chat rooms with little pretense of being related to
the comic they are hung off of.

--
aem sends...

Mike Peterson

Aug 28, 2009, 6:21:18 PM8/28/09
On Aug 28, 11:16 am, Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Which reminds me of an old but still valid comparison of Playboy and
National Geographic:

1. Wonderful production values
2. Fascinating articles
3. Great photos of places you'll never get to visit in person.

Mike Peterson
http://nellieblogs.blogspot.com

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 29, 2009, 1:43:11 AM8/29/09
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 05:27:24 +0000 (UTC), Freezer
<free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

>http://comics.com/arlo&janis/2009-08-27/
>
>Bah! That's like saying "Seen one Playboy, seen 'em all!"

"Once you jack off to Japanese girls puking in each other's mouths,
you can't exactly go back to Playboy!"

--

- ReFlex76

Jym Dyer

Aug 29, 2009, 4:19:35 PM8/29/09
>> Although there are a lot of niche magazines which could
>> be described the same way.
> And judging by the percentage of abandoned Usenet groups,
> we may resemble that remark.

=v= Abandoned? Take another look, they're full of ads!
That's supposed to be the sign of a healthy magazine,
right?
<_Jym_>

DoctorBill

Aug 29, 2009, 9:36:36 PM8/29/09
On Aug 28, 1:27 am, Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

Or as my uncle used to say "Seen two, seen 'em all"

Freezer

Aug 29, 2009, 11:29:48 PM8/29/09
If I don't reply to this DoctorBill post, the terroists win.

> Or as my uncle used to say "Seen two, seen 'em all"

I prefer (in the words of Ron White, I think): "Seen one pair, you wanna
see the rest."

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Aug 30, 2009, 12:50:37 PM8/30/09

LOL.

I think I'll steal that quip.

Paul Ciszek

Sep 4, 2009, 1:34:57 PM9/4/09

In article <846c96c5-ad6a-4897...@k6g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

If you look at one of those collections of Playboy models of the
fifties, sixties, and seventies, the models from the nineties on
really do all look the same. Plastic surgery has done for Playboy
models what genetic engineering has done for supermarket produce.

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."

Brian Huntley

Sep 4, 2009, 9:46:07 PM9/4/09
On Sep 4, 1:34 pm, nos...@nospam.com (Paul Ciszek) wrote:

> Plastic surgery has done for Playboy
> models what genetic engineering has done for supermarket produce.

They're larger and greener?

Mark Jackson

Sep 4, 2009, 10:46:41 PM9/4/09

"My tomato has a website." - The Norm

Sometimes I mistake your existential crises
for technical insights. - Randall Munroe

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 11, 2009, 1:02:48 PM9/11/09
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 05:27:24 +0000 (UTC), Freezer
<free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

>http://comics.com/arlo&janis/2009-08-27/
>
>Bah! That's like saying "Seen one Playboy, seen 'em all!"

Ummm kind of along these lines, I misplaced that list of classic
porn movies you recommended. I only remember Insatiable, so if you
could remind me of the other three, that'd be great.

--

- ReFlex76

Freezer

Sep 11, 2009, 9:10:26 PM9/11/09
If I don't reply to this Antonio E. Gonzalez post, the terroists win.

It was sitting at the top of my Sent folder. How convenient!

The Opening Of Misty Beethoven, Taboo, and Alice In Wonderland.

--
(Enjoy!)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 12, 2009, 1:26:20 AM9/12/09
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 01:10:26 +0000 (UTC), Freezer
<free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

>If I don't reply to this Antonio E. Gonzalez post, the terroists win.
>
>> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 05:27:24 +0000 (UTC), Freezer
>> <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>http://comics.com/arlo&janis/2009-08-27/
>>>
>>>Bah! That's like saying "Seen one Playboy, seen 'em all!"
>>
>> Ummm kind of along these lines, I misplaced that list of classic
>> porn movies you recommended. I only remember Insatiable, so if you
>> could remind me of the other three, that'd be great.
>
>It was sitting at the top of my Sent folder. How convenient!
>
>The Opening Of Misty Beethoven, Taboo, and Alice In Wonderland.

Serendipity, gotta love it; thanks!

--

- ReFlex76