FOOB - Lynn Explains it all!

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 13, 2008, 2:24:10 AM6/13/08
Call it what you will, she seems to cover everything . . .:

<http://www.fborfw.com/fun/blog/archives/003210.php>

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Freezer

Jun 13, 2008, 3:13:41 AM6/13/08
If I don't respond to this Antonio E. Gonzalez post, the terrorists
win.

> Call it what you will, she seems to cover everything . . .:
>
> <http://www.fborfw.com/fun/blog/archives/003210.php>

And having read the whole thing - twice: Bullshit.

She didn't have the time to set up a visit between Liz and Grandpa...
But she has the strips to spare to set up the superfluous 6-10 and 6-
11 strips? Or how about a single strip (a panel?) *mentioning* that
Liz did visit? Some would claim "cop out", sure. But the excuse of
limited time would carry a lot more weight had she made the effort.

And we as readers are supposed to be more accepting of Blandthony as
a life partner for Liz because Elly and John like him? Seriously?
And this somehow is supposed to address the *other* elephants in the
room: Liz's sudden, irresistable attack of homesickness and Anthony's
significant part in his first marriage's disolution?

Again: Bullshit. She would've been better off simply answering all
questions with "Because I said so."

--
My name is:
____ _

racs...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2008, 5:36:44 AM6/13/08
On Jun 13, 3:13 am, Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

> And we as readers are supposed to be more accepting of Blandthony as
> a life partner for Liz because Elly and John like him?  Seriously?

Lynn writes:

For those of you who oppose Anthony as a marriage partner for Liz.
Please consider the fact that he has been closely tied to her family
all the while she's been away at school and up north. John and Elly
invested in, buy their cars from and constantly connect with Gordon
Mayes who owns a successful automotive complex with Anthony now as
manager of the repairs and maintainance division. Both Elly and John
regard Anthony highly and ultimately, this bodes well for Elizabeth's
future with him. She respects her parents' opinions. She knows his
family, his past, his friends and his personality. His appearance as a
successful single parent also says a lot about his ability to commit
to and sustain a lasting relationship.l I haven't gone into a lot of
kissing, embracing, "I love you dialogue" for fear of making you jump
on me for being too saccharine!! I should have turned on the treacle!!
Trust me, she does love him and she's confident enough in her choice,
and he with her, that their relationship is easy. They simply know
they're making the right choice and display their serious, physical
affection privately!!

Buck Henry writes:

Ben is seated across a study table from Elaine. There are many other
students scattered around the room.

BEN: How did he do it? Did he get down on his knees? He didn't get
down on his knees, I hope.
ELAINE: No, Benjamin.
BEN: Well, what did he say? I'm curious.
ELAINE: He said he thought we'd make a pretty good team.
BEN: Oh no. He said that.
ELAINE: Shhhh.

Mike Peterson
http://nellieblogs.blogspot.com
"And here's to you, Ellie Patterson, heaven holds a place for those
who pray -- hey hey hey!"

James Nicoll

Jun 13, 2008, 10:15:04 AM6/13/08
In article <Xns9ABC16AABF48Af...@194.177.96.26>,

Freezer <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
>If I don't respond to this Antonio E. Gonzalez post, the terrorists
>win.
>
>> Call it what you will, she seems to cover everything . . .:
>>
>> <http://www.fborfw.com/fun/blog/archives/003210.php>
>
>And having read the whole thing - twice: Bullshit.
>
>She didn't have the time to set up a visit between Liz and Grandpa...
>But she has the strips to spare to set up the superfluous 6-10 and 6-
>11 strips? Or how about a single strip (a panel?) *mentioning* that
>Liz did visit? Some would claim "cop out", sure. But the excuse of
>limited time would carry a lot more weight had she made the effort.
>
>And we as readers are supposed to be more accepting of Blandthony as
>a life partner for Liz because Elly and John like him?

Speaking of grAnthony, has Liz bothered to tell him about
the new date for the wedding?

--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/james_nicoll
http://www.cafepress.com/jdnicoll (For all your "The problem with

nancy13g

Jun 13, 2008, 11:24:33 AM6/13/08
On Jun 13, 2:24 am, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:

>     Call it what you will, she seems to cover everything . . .:
>
>   <http://www.fborfw.com/fun/blog/archives/003210.php>

The Foobiverse has started a separate thread and is working on
composing a joint reply to this Piece'o'Tripe.

(No URL, because I'm not completely sure what their opinion is about
being cross-referenced here, but I think most of us know where to find
them anyway.)

Veronique

Jun 13, 2008, 12:24:30 PM6/13/08
On Jun 13, 7:15 am, jdnic...@panix.com (James Nicoll) wrote:
> In article <Xns9ABC16AABF48Afreezer88hotmail...@194.177.96.26>,

> Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
> >If I don't respond to this Antonio E. Gonzalez post, the terrorists
> >win.
>
> >> Call it what you will, she seems to cover everything . . .:
>
> >> <http://www.fborfw.com/fun/blog/archives/003210.php>
>
> >And having read the whole thing - twice: Bullshit.
>
> >She didn't have the time to set up a visit between Liz and Grandpa...
> >But she has the strips to spare to set up the superfluous 6-10 and 6-
> >11 strips? Or how about a single strip (a panel?) *mentioning* that
> >Liz did visit? Some would claim "cop out", sure. But the excuse of
> >limited time would carry a lot more weight had she made the effort.
>
> >And we as readers are supposed to be more accepting of Blandthony as
> >a life partner for Liz because Elly and John like him?
>
> Speaking of grAnthony, has Liz bothered to tell him about
> the new date for the wedding?

Why would she need to, when John and Elly have almost certainly
stopped by Gordon's to get their oil changed; after all, they
"...invested in, buy their cars from and constantly connect with

Gordon
Mayes who owns a successful automotive complex with Anthony now as
manager of the repairs and maintainance division."

All Elizabeth and Anthony have to do is show up.

V.
--
Veronique Chez Sheep

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Jun 13, 2008, 1:26:10 PM6/13/08
On Jun 13, 5:36 am, "peter...@SPAMnelliebly.org" <racss...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 13, 3:13 am, Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
>

> Lynn writes:
>
> His appearance as a
> successful single parent also says a lot about his ability to commit
> to and sustain a lasting relationship.

SAY WHAT? Did Lynn even read what her handlers wrote for her? How did
the farce of a marriage to Terese say anything "his abiilty to commit
to and sustain a lasting relationship"? Raising a child as a single
parent says nothting about one's ability to commit and to sustain an
adult relationship.

Jym Dyer

Jun 13, 2008, 1:59:36 PM6/13/08
http://www.fborfw.com/fun/blog/archives/003210.php

| If I had sent her to visit gramps, it would have required
| perhaps 3 strips total to resolve interaction between them:
| the wedding, her work, his health, the dress and so on.

Liz: I'll get married sooner, before you kick off!
Jim: Yes.
Liz: I've got some sort of job now.
Jim: Yes.
Liz: So, how's it going? You know, with the aphasia and all?
Jim: Boxcar.
Liz: I learned a lot from wearing Grandma Marian's dress.
I didn't remember how she smells like mothballs. Was
that how she smelled on your wedding night?
Jim: Urk!

> Or how about a single strip (a panel?) *mentioning* that Liz
> did visit?

=v= Goodness, old people require so much time and patience in
Canada. Here in America, we just roll them up in a rug and
leave them in the car while we go out for waffles.
<_Jym_>

Jym Dyer

Jun 13, 2008, 2:04:10 PM6/13/08
http://www.fborfw.com/fun/blog/archives/003210.php

| John and Elly invested in, buy their cars from and

| constantly connect with Gordon Mayes who owns a successful
| automotive complex with Anthony now as manager of the
| repairs and maintainance division.

=v= I support Lynn's choice not to alarm and frighten us with
John/Elly/Gordon group sex scenes, with Anthony mopping up
the sloppy seconds^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hfourths. Or does "constantly
connect" means something else up there in Canuckistan?
<_Jym_>

Freezer

Jun 13, 2008, 4:51:20 PM6/13/08
If I don't respond to this Blinky the Wonder Wombat post, the
terrorists win.

> SAY WHAT? Did Lynn even read what her handlers wrote for her? How did
> the farce of a marriage to Terese say anything "his abiilty to commit
> to and sustain a lasting relationship"? Raising a child as a single
> parent says nothting about one's ability to commit and to sustain an
> adult relationship.

Nothing says "committment" like pledging your love to your freshly-
assaulted ex-girlfriend, while you're still married.

Mark Jackson

Jun 13, 2008, 6:39:25 PM6/13/08
Jym Dyer wrote:

> =v= Goodness, old people require so much time and patience in Canada.

Ice floe shortage. Blame global warming.

Men become civilized, not in proportion to their
willingness to believe, but in proportion to their
readiness to doubt. - H. L. Mencken

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Jun 13, 2008, 8:26:51 PM6/13/08
On Jun 13, 6:39 pm, Mark Jackson <mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Jym Dyer wrote:
> > =v= Goodness, old people require so much time and patience in Canada.
>
> Ice floe shortage. Blame global warming.
>
> --
> Mark Jackson -http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~mjackson

> Men become civilized, not in proportion to their
> willingness to believe, but in proportion to their
> readiness to doubt. - H. L. Mencken

POTD!

Dann

Jun 14, 2008, 8:46:10 AM6/14/08
On 13 Jun 2008, Jym Dyer said the following in

POTY nominee.

--
Regards,
Dann

blogging at http://web.newsguy.com/dainbramage/blog.htm

Freedom works; each and every time it is tried.