Candorville (3-12)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Mar 12, 2009, 9:12:26 PM3/12/09
Just when I thought this storyline couldn't get any more bizarre .
. .:

<http://comics.com/candorville/2009-03-12/>

<http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2009/03/12/>

Oh, and this week pretty much confirms that last week's wolf/dog
accosting Susan is Roxane/Crazy Vegan Chick . . .

--

- ReFlex76

Brian Huntley

Mar 12, 2009, 11:33:11 PM3/12/09

It may not be great 'strip' but it's a hell of a story - I've been
looking forward to each day's twist. But GW Carter is one of my all-
time heroes - I'm heartbroken to learn that he was under a vampire's
control.

I'd probably read Marmaduke if Darren Bell wrote it.

Carl Fink

Mar 13, 2009, 12:38:04 AM3/13/09
On 2009-03-13, Brian Huntley <brian_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It may not be great 'strip' but it's a hell of a story - I've been
> looking forward to each day's twist. But GW Carter is one of my all-
> time heroes - I'm heartbroken to learn that he was under a vampire's
> control.

Carver?
--
Carl Fink nitpi...@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Joseph Nebus

Mar 14, 2009, 5:24:08 PM3/14/09
Brian Huntley <brian_...@hotmail.com> writes:

>On Mar 12, 8:12=A0pm, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
>> =A0 =A0Just when I thought this storyline couldn't get any more bizarre .
>> . .:
>> =A0 <http://comics.com/candorville/2009-03-12/>
>>
>> =A0 <http://www.gocomics.com/candorville/2009/03/12/>
>>
>> =A0 =A0Oh, and this week pretty much confirms that last week's wolf/dog

>> accosting Susan is Roxane/Crazy Vegan Chick . . .

>It may not be great 'strip' but it's a hell of a story - I've been
>looking forward to each day's twist. But GW Carter is one of my all-
>time heroes - I'm heartbroken to learn that he was under a vampire's
>control.

>I'd probably read Marmaduke if Darren Bell wrote it.

I like the bizarreness of it --- Candorville's willingness to
embrace the world as goofy science fiction/fantasy story is one of its
many appealing traits --- although I've got mixed feelings about this
being the real explanation.

The whole Lemont/Crazy Fiancee/Kid story is a really nicely
constructed problem with a fair bit of emotional heft to it. It's a
shame to lose some of that, if it happens, to, ``well, she's a werewolf
vampire out to kill all humans, so let's skip the wedding''. I don't
think Darren Bell is going to go for that simple an out, but I am
concerned that it's possible now with the cards in play.

--
Joseph Nebus