The possible actors for a live action X-movie

Henry Hong Oh

Sep 21, 1993, 3:24:52 PM9/21/93
I have heard rumors, and I'm sure everyone else has that Marvel
intends to make a live action X-movie. Whether it becomes a
reality, that's whole different story. However, if I could
choose anybody to fill these roles, here would be some of my
choices. (This is unassuming Marvel could have the money and
access to get these actors, which they probably don't)

Storm......... Iman or Naomi Campbell
Wolverine..... Jeff Speakman or Jean Claude Van Damme
Archangel..... Cary Elwes
Bishop........ Wesley Snipes
Colossus...... Arnold Schwartznegger or Dolf Lungren
Psylocke...... Tia Carrere
Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts
Beast......... Ron Pearlman
Iceman........ Val Kilmer
Jubilee....... The girl who plays Wednesday in the Addams
Family movies
Gambit........ Luke Perry or Ray Liotta
Cyclops....... Tom Cruise or Daniel Day Lewis
Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei
Professor X... Jeremy Irons
Magneto....... Christopher Walken
and some specials appearances by

Brian Dennehy as Cable
Cuba Gooding, Jr as Sunspot
Winona Ryder as Sprite
Michelle Pfeiffer as Dazzler
Woody Harelson as Cannonball
Robin Williams as NightCrawler

Just some ideas for potential actors... The cast is probably
too big, they wouldn't use all the X-characters, but I can
still dream can't I? Jubilee and the girl Wednesday are about
the same age. If Cyclops were give to Tom, I think Nicole would
be the natural choice for Jean. Brian Dennehy seems perfect for
Cable. Christopher Walken has almost made a science of playing
villians in the movies. Mr. Irons seems cerebral enough to play
the X-Men's teacher and leader. (my first choice would have
been Yul Brenner, but alas he has passed away)

---Henry OH

Jorge DeLaCruz

Sep 21, 1993, 6:14:35 PM9/21/93
Henry Hong Oh (hh...@Virginia.EDU) wrote:
: I have heard rumors, and I'm sure everyone else has that Marvel

: intends to make a live action X-movie. Whether it becomes a
: reality, that's whole different story. However, if I could
: choose anybody to fill these roles, here would be some of my
: choices. (This is unassuming Marvel could have the money and
: access to get these actors, which they probably don't)

: Storm......... Iman or Naomi Campbell
: Wolverine..... Jeff Speakman or Jean Claude Van Damme

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
would be a better Gambit, French accent and all.

: Archangel..... Cary Elwes
: Bishop........ Wesley Snipes

to Small, Bishop has a Large Build, a young John Amos maybe

: Colossus...... Arnold Schwartznegger or Dolf Lungren

: Magneto....... Christopher Walken

Rutger Huwer (sp?) is the Prefect Choice

: and some specials appearances by

$.02
Jorge
--

"Lord, I give you Curely, don't piss 'em off" Cookie

Sep 21, 1993, 5:48:22 PM9/21/93
Henry Hong Oh (hh...@Virginia.EDU) wrote:
: I have heard rumors, and I'm sure everyone else has that Marvel

: intends to make a live action X-movie. Whether it becomes a
: reality, that's whole different story.

It's going to have a budget of $13.00, the most ever spent on a Marvel
film! It's going straight to video -- they're not even going to
*try* to get it shown in theatres! :)

Scott

Jerone Mitchell

Sep 21, 1993, 6:42:36 PM9/21/93

In article <1993Sep21.1...@Virginia.EDU>, hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Hong Oh) writes:

> Storm......... Iman or Naomi Campbell
> Wolverine..... Jeff Speakman or Jean Claude Van Damme

Who? (Jeff Speakman?)

> Archangel..... Cary Elwes

Who?

> Bishop........ Wesley Snipes

Wesley's too small, and he takes every role for a Black
male that his good twin brother-Eddie Murphy- passes up. How
about Carl Weathers?

> Colossus...... Arnold Schwartznegger or Dolf Lungren

Hard decision. Arnie's got the size, but Dolf has the
better accent.

> Psylocke...... Tia Carrere

Who?

> Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts

Both just a bit too old. Maybe Michelle Pfieffer?

> Beast......... Ron Pearlman

PERFECT!!!!!

> Iceman........ Val Kilmer
> Jubilee....... The girl who plays Wednesday in the Addams
> Family movies
> Gambit........ Luke Perry or Ray Liotta

I will personally shoot the casting director that casts
Luke Perry as Gambit!!!

> Cyclops....... Tom Cruise or Daniel Day Lewis

Daniel-Day seems like a much more serious actor, so give
it to him. Anyway, Tom Cruise has to guest star as Spiderman.

> Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei

Who?

> Professor X... Jeremy Irons
> Magneto....... Christopher Walken

Actually, I'd love to see that dude from Robin Hood:
Prince of Thieves and Die Hard play him.

> and some specials appearances by
>
> Brian Dennehy as Cable

Who?

> Cuba Gooding, Jr as Sunspot
> Winona Ryder as Sprite
> Michelle Pfeiffer as Dazzler

Nahhh...Sharon Stone!

> Woody Harelson as Cannonball
> Robin Williams as NightCrawler

Good choices, especially the last 5.

-da JAM

just another theatre geek

Sep 21, 1993, 7:20:33 PM9/21/93
In article <27o00s$f...@news.cs.tulane.edu> mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (Jerone Mitchell) writes:
>In article <1993Sep21.1...@Virginia.EDU>, hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Hong Oh) writes:
>> Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts
>
> Both just a bit too old. Maybe Michelle Pfieffer?

BWAH_HAH_HAH!@!

I'm pretty sure Michelle is older than both--certainly older than
Julia Roberts.

>> Michelle Pfeiffer as Dazzler
> Nahhh...Sharon Stone!

Keep Sharon Stone as Emma Frost. Or use Kathleen Turner.
--
Roger Tang, gwan...@u.washington.edu, Artistic Director PC Theatre
"David Henry Hwang's BONDAGE is about an Asian male attaining his fantasy: being

matt hardy

Sep 21, 1993, 8:19:40 PM9/21/93
First, this needs to be moved to rec.arts.comics.xbooks, so please
follow-up to that newsgroup.

Second:

In article <27o00s$f...@news.cs.tulane.edu> mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (Jerone Mitchell) writes:

>In article <1993Sep21.1...@Virginia.EDU>, hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Hong Oh) writes:
>

>> Archangel..... Cary Elwes
>
> Who?

Played Robin Hood in _Robin Hood: Men in Tights_, and the lead in _Princess
Bride_ (Wesley?). Not sure Archangel is right for him, but he's talented
enough to pull off just about any role.

>> Psylocke...... Tia Carrere
>
> Who?

Wayne's Asian love interest in _Wayne's World_. Probably too much of an
accent (remember, Psylocke's British, not Japanese!) and Carrere doesn't
look very Japanese anyway.

>> Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts
>
> Both just a bit too old. Maybe Michelle Pfieffer?

Julia Roberts is 25. Michelle Pfieffer is 30-something.

>> Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei
>
> Who?

Geez, you're almost as clueless as me:) NK is Tom Cruise's current wife,
and appeared as the leading lady in _Far and Away_, MT was the leading lady
in _My Cousin Vinny_ and _Untamed Heart_.

matt

Douglas Limmer

Sep 21, 1993, 9:55:26 PM9/21/93
In article <27o00s$f...@news.cs.tulane.edu> mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (Jerone Mitchell) writes:

>In article <1993Sep21.1...@Virginia.EDU>, hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Hong Oh) writes:
>
>> Archangel..... Cary Elwes
>
> Who?

"Unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."
(approximate, I haven't seen the movie yet)
Also was Westley/Dread Pirate Roberts in _The Princess Bride_.
(BTW, WW3 shouldn't have such an accent. Where is he from exactly, anyway?)

>> Beast......... Ron Pearlman
>
> PERFECT!!!!!

As you said before, "Who?"

> -da JAM

Shouldn't this be moved to racx? (I'm not sure how to do it...)
--
Douglas Limmer - lim...@math.orst.edu

Lou Duchez

Sep 21, 1993, 9:40:00 PM9/21/93
H >Psylocke...... Tia Carrere

Shwing!
---
ş KingQWK 1.05 # 182 ş SPAM: Spleen, Pancreas, And More

Brandi Weed

Sep 22, 1993, 12:48:53 AM9/22/93
I know, this oughta be in xbooks, but I couldn't resist...

>Magneto....... Christopher Walken

A bit too young. How about Christopher Lee? He's tall, imposing, and European
(and probably works cheaper, too!).

>Robin Williams as NightCrawler
Not bad, not bad... I think Jim Carrey might even be better, as hyperactive
(and hyperflexible) as he is... If you really wanna make him a fuzzy blue
hunk, I'd suggest Mandy Patinkin. :]

--
Brandi Weed "I've got a good mind to join the club
bw...@muddcs.claremont.edu and beat you over the head with it."

Francis A Uy

Sep 22, 1993, 8:10:32 AM9/22/93
>Henry Hong Oh (hh...@Virginia.EDU) wrote:

>: intends to make a live action X-movie. Whether it becomes a

>It's going to have a budget of $13.00, the most ever spent on a Marvel

This whole thing belongs on rac.x-books,
not to mention the absurdity of movie
actor wish lists.

-F
.

Lou Duchez

Sep 22, 1993, 8:06:00 AM9/22/93
M >> Archangel..... Cary Elwes
M > Who?

Robin Hood in "Men in Tights"

M >> Psylocke...... Tia Carrere
M > Who?

The babe in "Wayne's World." Shwing!

M >> Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts
M > Both just a bit too old. Maybe Michelle Pfieffer?

I don't know: Julia looks about right.

M >> Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei
M > Who?

Nicole Kidman: see "Far and Away" sometime.

M >> Woody Harelson as Cannonball

I don't know: Woody doesn't look sufficiently bean-poley.

M >> Robin Williams as NightCrawler

Think he can stick to a script long enough to pull it off?
---
ş KingQWK 1.05 # 182 ş SPAM: SPiritual AMplification

Dan Newcombe

Sep 22, 1993, 12:48:36 PM9/22/93
jo...@clark.net (Jorge DeLaCruz) writes:
> : Bishop........ Wesley Snipes
>
> to Small, Bishop has a Large Build, a young John Amos maybe

Okay, my cast for a great Bishop would be the guy that plays the
bounty hunter on "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr."
(No, not Bruce Campbell)

-Dan

--
Dan Newcombe dnew...@cybernet.cse.fau.edu and many others...
"The fool who escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry."

James P. Dusek

Sep 22, 1993, 9:11:39 AM9/22/93
hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Hong Oh) writes:
>Storm......... Iman or Naomi Campbell
>Wolverine..... Jeff Speakman or Jean Claude Van Damme
>Archangel..... Cary Elwes
>Bishop........ Wesley Snipes
>Colossus...... Arnold Schwartznegger or Dolf Lungren
>Psylocke...... Tia Carrere
>Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts
>Beast......... Ron Pearlman
>Iceman........ Val Kilmer
>Jubilee....... The girl who plays Wednesday in the Addams
>Family movies
>Gambit........ Luke Perry or Ray Liotta
>Cyclops....... Tom Cruise or Daniel Day Lewis
>Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei
>Professor X... Jeremy Irons
>Magneto....... Christopher Walken
>Brian Dennehy as Cable
>Cuba Gooding, Jr as Sunspot
>Winona Ryder as Sprite
>Michelle Pfeiffer as Dazzler
>Woody Harelson as Cannonball
>Robin Williams as NightCrawler

A. These people would not work together, unless the movie
was 10+ houres long and everybody got equal airtime. The egos here
would rival Mr. 501.

B. The moive would cost 75 million just to pay the actors,
a shure looser.

C. good choice for Magneto.

D. Arnold said he was through with action films.

James Dusek

Lurking.Girl

Sep 22, 1993, 5:42:32 PM9/22/93
Followups to xbooks, so don't freak. :-)

In article <1993Sep22.1...@ns1.cc.lehigh.edu>,
GREGORY MARCUS SEID <gm...@ns1.cc.lehigh.edu> wrote:
>In article <1993Sep21.1...@Virginia.EDU>, hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Hong
> Oh) writes:

>>Wolverine..... Jeff Speakman or Jean Claude Van Damme

> I would not put Speakmen up for it, nor VanDamme. I figure if DeNeiro
> (sp) bulked up a good deal, he'd be perfect.

Mel Gibson...he's on the short side, and we've seen (in the first _Lethal
Weapon_) that he can do a convincing psycho. :-)

>>Archangel..... Cary Elwes
> Only if you mean the _original_ Warren. Elwes doesn't have the
> darker presence of Archangel

Ehh....I don't really see him as either one, but what do I know.

>>Psylocke...... Tia Carrere
> I am completely un familiar with this person.

Cassandra from _Wayne's World_.

>>Iceman........ Val Kilmer
> Good choice. The joking look on his face fits the personality.

I agree. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it first. :-)

>>Cyclops....... Tom Cruise or Daniel Day Lewis

> Daniel Day Lewis is much better suited for Scott's self-depressing
> mannerisms.

_Definitely_. Tom Cruise as Cyclops I just can't see.

>>Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei

Howsabout Joanne Whalley (Sorsha from _Willow_)? Or Diane Lane (Ellen in
_Streets of Fire_)?

>>Professor X... Jeremy Irons

Nononono...it couldn't be anyone but Patrick Stewart.

>>Magneto....... Christopher Walken
> How about Rutger Hauer? He has a much more imposing, and nasty
> appearance at times

Yeah. And he looks old enough nowadays...I nearly freaked when I saw him
in _Split Second_.

>>Robin Williams as NightCrawler
> A little pale and stocky, no?

Much too much, and the wrong kind of humor...I agree with whoever suggested
Mandy Patinkin. *sigh* *flutter* :-) :-)

>>Brian Dennehy as Cable

They couldn't use a human actor if they wanted to reproduce Cable's
proportions. >;-)

>>Cuba Gooding, Jr as Sunspot

Who?

>>Woody Harelson as Cannonball

Ditto, who?

Be interesting to backdate it to include the other New Mutants...any
ideas?

Tori

Victoria C. Fike | "Lives of great men all remind us
to...@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu | We may make our lives sublime
Lurking Girl of the LNH | And, departing, leave behind us
"If you must be a hero, always re- | Footprints in the sands of time..."
member what the word hero means." | --Hawkwind, "Assault and Battery"

GREGORY MARCUS SEID

Sep 22, 1993, 3:31:42 PM9/22/93
Oh) writes:
>I have heard rumors, and I'm sure everyone else has that Marvel
>intends to make a live action X-movie. Whether it becomes a
>reality, that's whole different story. However, if I could
>choose anybody to fill these roles, here would be some of my
>choices. (This is unassuming Marvel could have the money and
>access to get these actors, which they probably don't)
>
>Storm......... Iman or Naomi Campbell
Actually, Grace Jones came to mind, but she's been getting weird lately.
(Did you see _Boomerang_?)

>Wolverine..... Jeff Speakman or Jean Claude Van Damme
I would not put Speakmen up for it, nor VanDamme. I figure if DeNeiro
(sp) bulked up a good deal, he'd be perfect.

>Archangel..... Cary Elwes

Only if you mean the _original_ Warren. Elwes doesn't have the
darker presence of Archangel

>Bishop......Wesley Snipes
Perhaps, but he hasn't got the build, and has a less "seasoned" look.
Someone mentioned Carl Weathers, and I agree.

>Colossus...... Arnold Schwartznegger or Dolf Lungren

I've always thought Schwartz _was_ Colossus? ;)

>Psylocke...... Tia Carrere
I am completely un familiar with this person.

>Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts
Julia Robert's southern "sass" would fit the part much better
>Beast......... Ron Pearlman

>Iceman........ Val Kilmer
Good choice. The joking look on his face fits the personality.

>Jubilee....... The girl who plays Wednesday in the Addams
Maybe later, when she's older.

>Gambit........ Luke Perry or Ray Liotta

I've seen enough of Luke Perry to be sick.

>Cyclops....... Tom Cruise or Daniel Day Lewis
Daniel Day Lewis is much better suited for Scott's self-depressing
mannerisms.

>Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei
>Professor X... Jeremy Irons
All you gotta do is shave and wax his head!

>Magneto....... Christopher Walken
How about Rutger Hauer? He has a much more imposing, and nasty
appearance at times

>and some specials appearances by
>
>Brian Dennehy as Cable

The fat guy from the _FX_ movies? Nahh..

>Cuba Gooding, Jr as Sunspot

>Winona Ryder as Sprite
>Michelle Pfeiffer as Dazzler
>Woody Harelson as Cannonball

>Robin Williams as NightCrawler
A little pale and stocky, no?

>Just some ideas for potential actors... The cast is probably

>too big, they wouldn't use all the X-characters, but I can
>still dream can't I? Jubilee and the girl Wednesday are about
>the same age. If Cyclops were give to Tom, I think Nicole would
>be the natural choice for Jean. Brian Dennehy seems perfect for
>Cable. Christopher Walken has almost made a science of playing
>villians in the movies. Mr. Irons seems cerebral enough to play
>the X-Men's teacher and leader. (my first choice would have
>been Yul Brenner, but alas he has passed away)

^^^ ^^^^^^^ Ever see the ad that was put out on television a few days
after he died? It had to be the most fucked-up/freaky thing I've ever
seen! [Starts off, "I'm dead now..."]
>---Henry OH

Thanos
{:-(

GREGORY MARCUS SEID

Sep 22, 1993, 10:22:08 PM9/22/93
In article <dusek.748703499@mica>, du...@rtsg.mot.com (James P. Dusek) writes:
>hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Hong Oh) writes:
>>Storm......... Iman or Naomi Campbell
>>Wolverine..... Jeff Speakman or Jean Claude Van Damme
>>Archangel..... Cary Elwes
>>Bishop........ Wesley Snipes
>>Colossus...... Arnold Schwartznegger or Dolf Lungren
>>Psylocke...... Tia Carrere

>>Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts
>>Beast......... Ron Pearlman
>>Iceman........ Val Kilmer
>>Jubilee....... The girl who plays Wednesday in the Addams
>>Family movies

>>Gambit........ Luke Perry or Ray Liotta
>>Cyclops....... Tom Cruise or Daniel Day Lewis
>>Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei
>>Professor X... Jeremy Irons
>>Magneto....... Christopher Walken
>>Brian Dennehy as Cable
>>Cuba Gooding, Jr as Sunspot
>>Winona Ryder as Sprite
>>Michelle Pfeiffer as Dazzler
>>Woody Harelson as Cannonball
>>Robin Williams as NightCrawler

> A. These people would not work together, unless the movie

>was 10+ houres long and everybody got equal airtime. The egos here
>would rival Mr. 501.
> B. The moive would cost 75 million just to pay the actors,
>a shure looser.
> C. good choice for Magneto.
> D. Arnold said he was through with action films.
>James Dusek

Yes, that and the fact that Marvel should consider themselves incredibly
lucky if one of the aforementioned even looked at the script. Just how did the
last Marvel movie go? Down in flames, as near as I can remember.

Thanos {:-(

Jerone Mitchell

Sep 23, 1993, 10:29:32 AM9/23/93

In article <27o281$p...@news.u.washington.edu>, gwan...@carson.u.washington.edu (just another theatre geek) writes:
> In article <27o00s$f...@news.cs.tulane.edu> mitc...@cs.tulane.edu (Jerone Mitchell) writes:
> >In article <1993Sep21.1...@Virginia.EDU>, hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Hong Oh) writes:
> >> Rogue......... Tanya Tucker or Julia Roberts
> >
> > Both just a bit too old. Maybe Michelle Pfieffer?
>
> BWAH_HAH_HAH!@!
>
> I'm pretty sure Michelle is older than both--certainly older than
> Julia Roberts.

I apologize, for I have sinned. I was think about the Julia
(I think that's her name) from Designing Women. I remember that she was
the older sister of Delta Burke.
I'm going to go and hide in the corner now...

-da JAM

GREGORY MARCUS SEID

Sep 23, 1993, 11:14:42 AM9/23/93
In article <27qgs8$d...@sol.ctr.columbia.edu>, to...@namaste.cc.columbia.edu (Lurk

ing.Girl) writes:
>Followups to xbooks, so don't freak. :-)
>GREGORY MARCUS SEID <gm...@ns1.cc.lehigh.edu> wrote:
>>In article <1993Sep21.1...@Virginia.EDU>, hh...@Virginia.EDU (Henry Ho
ngOh) writes:
>>>Wolverine..... Jeff Speakman or Jean Claude Van Damme
>> I would not put Speakmen up for it, nor VanDamme. I figure if DeNeiro
>> (sp) bulked up a good deal, he'd be perfect.
>
>Mel Gibson...he's on the short side, and we've seen (in the first _Lethal
>Weapon_) that he can do a convincing psycho. :-)
Haven't you seem _Cape_Fear_? DeNeiro was most psycho in that one!

>>>Archangel..... Cary Elwes
>>Only if you mean the _original_ Warren. Elwes doesn't have the
>>darker presence of Archangel

>Ehh....I don't really see him as either one, but what do I know.
>

>>>Psylocke...... Tia Carrere
>>I am completely un familiar with this person.
>

>Cassandra from _Wayne's World_.

Not bad!! [Schwingg!!]

>>>Iceman........ Val Kilmer
>> Good choice. The joking look on his face fits the personality.

>I agree. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it first. :-)

>>>Cyclops....... Tom Cruise or Daniel Day Lewis

>>Daniel Day Lewis is much better suited for Scott's self-depressing
>>mannerisms.

>_Definitely_. Tom Cruise as Cyclops I just can't see.

>>>Jean Grey..... Nicole Kidman or Marisa Tomei

>Howsabout Joanne Whalley (Sorsha from _Willow_)? Or Diane Lane (Ellen in
>_Streets of Fire_)?

I never saw _Streets_of_Fire_ and I don't remember _Willow_ all that well, so
I don't really ahve an opinion here...

>>>Professor X... Jeremy Irons
>Nononono...it couldn't be anyone but Patrick Stewart.

>>>Magneto....... Christopher Walken
>>How about Rutger Hauer? He has a much more imposing, and nasty
>>appearance at times

>Yeah. And he looks old enough nowadays...I nearly freaked when I saw him
>in _Split Second_.
>

>>>Robin Williams as NightCrawler
>>A little pale and stocky, no?

>Much too much, and the wrong kind of humor...I agree with whoever suggested
>Mandy Patinkin. *sigh* *flutter* :-) :-)

Uhh...who's Mandy Patinkin?

>>>Brian Dennehy as Cable
>They couldn't use a human actor if they wanted to reproduce Cable's
>proportions. >;-)

I don't know. Any overly-muscular dimwit that can aim a gun (and has
prematurely white hair) practically _is_ Cable.

>>>Cuba Gooding, Jr as Sunspot

>Who?
The guy from _Gladiators_, and _Boyz_in_the_Hood_.

>>>Woody Harelson as Cannonball
>Ditto, who?

A goofy bartender doesn't fit Sam's beanpole figure.

Lou Duchez

Sep 23, 1993, 7:10:00 AM9/23/93
L >>> Beast......... Ron Pearlman
L >As you said before, "Who?"

Vincent from "Beauty and the Beast". Also Quasimodo and a thug on
"The Fall Guy".
---
ş KingQWK 1.05 # 182 ş When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.

James Drew

Sep 27, 1993, 3:50:21 PM9/27/93
Brandi Weed (bw...@muddcs.claremont.edu) writes:

>I know, this oughta be in xbooks, but I couldn't resist...

You're right, but I'll forgive you. I've been waiting for someone to pop
this topic into RAC.misc, just so I could make a nomination...

Ru-Paul is a *must* to play Storm!

(Nice to see that you're still around, Brandi...)

------------------------------
| I pointed to the pair of round brass disks
Jim Drew | on Sam's wall. They didn't seem to fit in with
j...@frame.com | the rest of her decor.
(Furry: Randy Puritan) | "Do those mean anything?" I asked. "Or are
"Innocent, but not naive." | they just cymbalic?"
B2h t c s k g+(p) rv p e | - Marc Lynx, "Gaol House Rock"
S8/5 g l+ y+ o+ a+ u++- j++ | (for Randy "Estee' Slaughter" Collins;
{opinions: mine != frame's} | d. September 5, 1993)

mark schlatter

Sep 27, 1993, 6:12:32 PM9/27/93
In article <930927195...@lynx.corp.frame.com>,

James Drew <j...@frame.com> wrote:
>Ru-Paul is a *must* to play Storm!

"I'm going back, back, back to my mutes......"

Hee-hee.

--

mark schlatter sch...@math.berkeley.edu
"I haven't actually drawn the book for the last five years." - Dave Sim

Charles W. Davis

Sep 28, 1993, 3:22:25 AM9/28/93
I've thought about this a few times myself, even before hearing a rumor that
James Cameron had bought the rights to a Spiderman movie and an X-men movie.

Also, I was watching QVC the other day when they had Stan Lee on to help
sell a bunch of autographed comics and other crap. Anyway he said that
the X-men movie was in the works, and that Wolverine was to play a crucial
role in the film.

I hope they are very carful about who they pick for Wolvie.
My choice? -- Harvey Keitel

I hope they don't include any of the lame '90s X-men like gambit, jubilee
and psylocke (the stupidest, most useless addition to the x-men).

I've always been partial to the line-up back in the Claremont/Byrne days, but
I suppose that's too long ago to appease the new throng of Image-era fans.

Iman is the only choice for Storm.
I'm sure whoever the perfect choice for Nightcrawler is, he's someone we've
never heard of.
Anybody could play cyclops or jean grey.
Arnold is too old to be collossus.

Edward Gibbs

Sep 28, 1993, 4:08:31 AM9/28/93
After two months of growing used to this newsgroup I find it necessary
to spout off on the crap that is LNH.

It took a bit to figure out LNH stood for Legion of Net Heroes, and it
took a bit more to believe thinking people would write this schlock.
I just can't make it through any of these posts. Do all these very
amateur writers really feel the need to write bad satire and just
plain lame super hero scripts. I'd personally be very embarrassed to
claim I'd written any of it.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't post quite so often.

Ed "Catfish" Gibbs

Dave Van Domelen

Sep 28, 1993, 9:58:12 AM9/28/93
In article <1993Sep28.0...@nevada.edu> cat...@nye.nscee.edu (Edward Gi

bbs) writes:
>After two months of growing used to this newsgroup I find it necessary
>to spout off on the crap that is LNH.

Yep, right on schedule for another meaningless LNH flamewar. Of course,
most of the old combantants have LNH in their killfile already (major hint, Ed)
and won't see this unless they get bored and decide to peek outside their
killfiles (they do that sometimes, you know).
The previous flamewars pretty much resolved at this point: We of the LNH
agree to always put LNH in our headers so that uninterested parties may
killfile us with greater ease, and in return we only have to deal with flames
from newbies, not from established types.

>It took a bit to figure out LNH stood for Legion of Net Heroes, and it
>took a bit more to believe thinking people would write this schlock.
>I just can't make it through any of these posts. Do all these very
>amateur writers really feel the need to write bad satire and just
>plain lame super hero scripts. I'd personally be very embarrassed to
>claim I'd written any of it.

Why bother? Some people just don't get anything out of fanfic, eh?
Where's the killfile FAQ? In any case, one of the ways to get better at
writing is to write, and hopefully some of our members are improving.
Meanwhile, send all flames to Invisible Incendiary, he likes them. }->

>Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't post quite so often.

Well, there's a ready-made solution to that little problem, assuming you
can't make a killfile for some reason. Vote for rec.arts.comics.creative, and
encourage your friends to do the same. If that group gets created, we of the
LNH solemnly swear to get our writing the hell off racm.
Dave Van Domelen, writer of Constellation which isn't really satire as
such...well, most of it anyway.

JON ARVID LOVSTAD

Sep 28, 1993, 10:17:35 AM9/28/93
In article <1993Sep28.0...@nevada.edu> cat...@nye.nscee.edu (Edward Gibbs) writes:

>After two months of growing used to this newsgroup I find it necessary
>to spout off on the crap that is LNH.

[blablabla]

Just put 'em in your killfile or just stop reading 'em. Noone is forcing you
to read those postings.

Jon

jo...@sofus.dhhalden.no | This space intentionally left blank!
jo...@gyda.dhhalden.no |

Jason Martin

Sep 28, 1993, 11:23:32 AM9/28/93
In article 2CA8...@dhhalden.no, jo...@dhhalden.no (JON ARVID LOVSTAD) writes:
>In article <1993Sep28.0...@nevada.edu> cat...@nye.nscee.edu (Edward Gibbs) writes:
>
>>After two months of growing used to this newsgroup I find it necessary
>>to spout off on the crap that is LNH.
>
>[blablabla]
>
>Just put 'em in your killfile or just stop reading 'em. Noone is forcing you
>to read those postings.

Isn't there actually a LNH newsgroup, i used to get it at my old site
but now i don't seem to be able to. If such a newsgroup exists it shouldn't
necessary for LNH postings here at all.

---
--

GE d p++ c+++ l u e m-- s--/+++ n-- h++ f? !g w+++ t-- r+ x-

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| "....and then she started to scream. It wasn't as if I was gonna |
| rape her and take her money, i was just gonna kill her." |
| |
| Confessions of a sex killer :x74...@server1.tiuk.ti.com |
| I was a teenage mud junkie :khaos/nemesis@genocide & after hours |
| |
| the incredible PWEI aka jaSe. |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Dave Van Domelen

Sep 28, 1993, 12:20:26 PM9/28/93
In article <CE2LF...@csc.ti.com> x74...@server1.tiuk.ti.com writes:
>Isn't there actually a LNH newsgroup, i used to get it at my old site
>but now i don't seem to be able to. If such a newsgroup exists it shouldn't
>necessary for LNH postings here at all.

<baps self for not mentioning this in the last post>
Because alt.comics.lnh was created 'improperly' by an anti-LNH person who
decided to jump the gun, it never really propagated well. As a result,
numerous members can't get it without performing numerous technical
somersaults, if at all. If Rec.Arts.Comics.Creative passes, that group (being
far more official, as well as properly RFD'ed/CFV'ed) will propagate to the
sites that carry racm now (we hope), providing a group accessible to all who
want it. If that happens, the LNH will totally leave racm, so if you don't
want us around, vote for RACC, eh? Alt.Comics.LNH will probably still hang
around as the jabber/admin/otherjunk group for just LNH stuff, so we don't
alienate non-LNH writers on RACC. If RACC passes, by Mid-October the LNH
flamewars should pretty much move permanently off RACM, along with the stories
themselves.
Dave Van Domelen, of course there might eventually by LNH flamewars on
RACC, but flame will find a way, you know....

Scowling Jim Cowling

Sep 28, 1993, 3:39:39 PM9/28/93
In article <289ftk$8...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> dva...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Dave Van Domelen) writes:
>In article <1993Sep28.0...@nevada.edu> cat...@nye.nscee.edu (Edward Gi
>bbs) writes:
>>After two months of growing used to this newsgroup I find it necessary
>>to spout off on the crap that is LNH.
>
> Yep, right on schedule for another meaningless LNH flamewar. Of course,
>most of the old combantants have LNH in their killfile already (major hint, Ed)
>and won't see this unless they get bored and decide to peek outside their
>killfiles (they do that sometimes, you know).
> The previous flamewars pretty much resolved at this point: We of the LNH
>agree to always put LNH in our headers so that uninterested parties may
>killfile us with greater ease, and in return we only have to deal with flames
>from newbies, not from established types.

I'm amazed it didn't happen sooner. I don't have a killfile anymore. I've
decided to skip past the posts instead.

>>It took a bit to figure out LNH stood for Legion of Net Heroes, and it
>>took a bit more to believe thinking people would write this schlock.
>>I just can't make it through any of these posts. Do all these very
>>amateur writers really feel the need to write bad satire and just
>>plain lame super hero scripts. I'd personally be very embarrassed to
>>claim I'd written any of it.
>
> Why bother? Some people just don't get anything out of fanfic, eh?
>Where's the killfile FAQ? In any case, one of the ways to get better at
>writing is to write, and hopefully some of our members are improving.
>Meanwhile, send all flames to Invisible Incendiary, he likes them. }->

The "improving" hypothesis is debatable.

>>Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't post quite so often.
>
> Well, there's a ready-made solution to that little problem, assuming you
>can't make a killfile for some reason. Vote for rec.arts.comics.creative, and
>encourage your friends to do the same. If that group gets created, we of the
>LNH solemnly swear to get our writing the hell off racm.

I voted against it, myself.

IMHO, fanfic doesn't really belong anywhere on the RAC hierarchy (as I've
said countless times before). The groups alt.prose, alt.ql.creative etc.
are alt.groups, so I still can't understand why it needs to be crossposted
here. There are just so many ways for the LNHers to read and post to the alt
groups -- even if their site doesn't carry alt groups. My site doesn't, and
I can read them quite handily, for example.

Yes, yes, it's all irrelevant. This post is not a flame, just a reaffirmation
of opinion.

The only thing that concerns me in the least is my gut feeling that fanfic
is off topic as it doesn't fall under the r.a.c.misc charter, and hence
should not be in the newsgroup, and hence the onus should not be on the
individual reader to skip past or killfile such posts.

I'm a little more concerned about this now than last year because now I'm
paying for my access to this account, and skipping past or killfiling
offtopic messages both cost me money (either fot the CPU time involved in
partially reading the message, or for storage space for the killfile). It's
a small cost, but it's a cost nonetheless, and one that I'm not happy about
paying.

Just my opinion, but I'm outvoted.

Scowling Jim Cowling, The Merchant of Menace / Charter Member: Evil Retailers
Alliance / jcow...@sol.uvic.ca / scow...@io.com / CI$: 73233,626 / Fnord.
Yes, I let my name be used in an LNH story. I'm not a total fiend.

Doug Shaw

Sep 28, 1993, 4:26:56 PM9/28/93

God, notes like this just piss me off.
You have a group of people, who are taking the time to
(1) do something creative
(2) share it with other people
and inevitably some curmudgeon comes along and tries to make them feel bad and spoil everything. Lighten up, Ed. Go back to your television and your Stephen King novels. Let people who aren't totally into passive entertainment be. The world can always use more creativity.

Doug (non LNHer, if that matters)

Eric Schissel

Sep 28, 1993, 6:39:35 PM9/28/93
One counterbalance more: i enjoy those posts quite a bit. Does the
dissenter's newsreader really require he/she look through everything,
instead of identifying things by title as mine does?

-Eric Schissel

--
Changeable moods, and still wants to know the final mode of Miaskovski 11 symph.
es...@crux2.cit.cornell.edu Eric Schissel, at least once in a while.

Stephane Savoie

Sep 28, 1993, 9:47:04 PM9/28/93
Wowee.
Deja vu...

First the traditional LaRocque senseless flamefest, then the
typical "LNH Sux / LNH doesn't belong on rac.misc / Learn how to use a
killfile, dummy." shtick.
I knew there was something missing once I got back. I feel so...
whole now.

--kid anarky... I should learn not to flame since I'm so bad at
it. Ah well...

kid / * Steph Savoie Acadia U, Nova Scotia, Canada
____/_| * a.k.a. KID ANARKY <<stephan...@acadiau.ca>>
/ / | \ * of the Net.Patrol, part of the Legion of Net.Heroes!!
___|_/_____|__|___ * *******************************************************
/ | | * 101 Uses for a Dead Computer -- (part1: Monitors)
/ \______|_/ * #1: Use the monitor as a hat or helmet.
/ |NARKY * #3: Make a puppetbox theater to entertain kids.

Here Today, Mike Tomorrow

Sep 29, 1993, 12:36:01 AM9/29/93
In article <289ftk$8...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> dva...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Dave Van Domelen) writes:
>In article <1993Sep28.0...@nevada.edu> cat...@nye.nscee.edu (Edward Gi
>bbs) writes:
>>After two months of growing used to this newsgroup I find it necessary
>>to spout off on the crap that is LNH.
> Yep, right on schedule for another meaningless LNH flamewar. Of course,

Gee, Dave, you should've taken bets. >;-)

>most of the old combantants have LNH in their killfile already (major hint, Ed)
>and won't see this unless they get bored and decide to peek outside their
>killfiles (they do that sometimes, you know).

Emphasis on "most"...

> The previous flamewars pretty much resolved at this point: We of the LNH
>agree to always put LNH in our headers so that uninterested parties may
>killfile us with greater ease, and in return we only have to deal with flames
>from newbies, not from established types.

Which does make life easier...a bit.

>>It took a bit to figure out LNH stood for Legion of Net Heroes, and it
>>took a bit more to believe thinking people would write this schlock.
>>I just can't make it through any of these posts. Do all these very
>>amateur writers really feel the need to write bad satire and just
>>plain lame super hero scripts. I'd personally be very embarrassed to
>>claim I'd written any of it.
> Why bother? Some people just don't get anything out of fanfic, eh?
>Where's the killfile FAQ? In any case, one of the ways to get better at
>writing is to write, and hopefully some of our members are improving.

I know I'm getting better. Just read "First Issue Meteor" (my first story)
and Pliable Lad #7, and tell me what you think....

>>Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't post quite so often.
> Well, there's a ready-made solution to that little problem, assuming you
>can't make a killfile for some reason. Vote for rec.arts.comics.creative, and
>encourage your friends to do the same. If that group gets created, we of the
>LNH solemnly swear to get our writing the hell off racm.

Very solemnly. ;|

> Dave Van Domelen, writer of Constellation which isn't really satire as
>such...well, most of it anyway.

--Mike Escutia...writer of Pliable Lad.

--
Mike Escutia -- Pliable Lad of the Legion of Net.Heroes -- mi...@unh.edu
If today is the first day of the rest of your life, what the hell was

Here Today, Mike Tomorrow

Sep 29, 1993, 12:44:50 AM9/29/93
In article <1993Sep29....@dragon.acadiau.ca> 003...@dragon.acadiau.ca (Stephane Savoie) writes:
> First the traditional LaRocque senseless flamefest, then the
>typical "LNH Sux / LNH doesn't belong on rac.misc / Learn how to use a
>killfile, dummy." shtick.
> I knew there was something missing once I got back. I feel so...
>whole now.

Yes, Steph, the semester has officially started. >;-)

> --kid anarky... I should learn not to flame since I'm so bad at
>it. Ah well...

We won't even talk about my attempt...

--Mike...seems to recall that LaRocque became more friendly near
the end of last semester...

Marshall Law

Sep 29, 1993, 11:09:30 AM9/29/93
In article <28b3s2$m...@mozz.unh.edu> m...@christa.unh.edu (Here Today, Mike Tomorrow) writes:

> --Mike...seems to recall that LaRocque became more friendly near
>the end of last semester...

Yeah - I'm just a regular friendly guy.

>Mike Escutia -- Pliable Lad of the Legion of Net.Heroes -- mi...@unh.edu

--

John LaRocque | "The only good hero is a dead hero"
lar...@gaul.csd.uwo.ca | Marshall Law, 1993

uplink 2099

Sep 29, 1993, 2:24:20 PM9/29/93
jcow...@sol.UVic.CA (Scowling Jim Cowling) writes:

>The "improving" hypothesis is debatable.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. :)

>IMHO, fanfic doesn't really belong anywhere on the RAC hierarchy (as I've
>said countless times before). The groups alt.prose, alt.ql.creative etc.
>are alt.groups, so I still can't understand why it needs to be crossposted
>here. There are just so many ways for the LNHers to read and post to the alt
>groups -- even if their site doesn't carry alt groups. My site doesn't, and
>I can read them quite handily, for example.

Yeah, well, some of us ALSO don't have ftp access, Jim. There are a
few sites which can't get the alt.* groups in any way, shape or form,
and THAT's why we need a rec.* group for prose. Besides which, Jim, these
are stories about COMICS, and should be grouped with a comics newsgroup.

>The only thing that concerns me in the least is my gut feeling that fanfic
>is off topic as it doesn't fall under the r.a.c.misc charter, and hence
>should not be in the newsgroup, and hence the onus should not be on the
>individual reader to skip past or killfile such posts.

I don't have an opinion on this. I post my stories (story) directly
to alt.comics.lnh, and leave crossposting to others.

>Yes, I let my name be used in an LNH story. I'm not a total fiend.

Funny, that was how you were described to me... :)

uplink
--
END OF LINE. - upl...@cwis.unomaha.edu | _ / / __/ /
Coming Soon to the LNH: Gamer Boy! | / / / / / _' | / _/

Ken Schmidt

Sep 29, 1993, 5:56:33 PM9/29/93
(Scowling Jim Cowling) writes:

>Yes, I let my name be used in an LNH story. I'm not a total fiend.

Yes, he did. Let this be a lesson to my cohorts in LNHing...ask the man
nicely, and he responds in kind.

OH, BTW Uplink, the only thing I've ever warned people about Jim is
"don't get on his bad side"...actually that is the advice I give in dealing
with most people...

---Ken

michael kelly

Sep 29, 1993, 9:13:20 PM9/29/93

kena...@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Ken Schmidt) writes:

|> (Scowling Jim Cowling) writes:
|>
|> >Yes, I let my name be used in an LNH story. I'm not a total fiend.
|>
|> Yes, he did. Let this be a lesson to my cohorts in LNHing...ask the man
|> nicely, and he responds in kind.

So why was I never asked if my character could be used in a story?
After all, I'm still the "infamous traitor" aren't I?

Are we taking nominations for the Legion.of.Not-so-fiendish.Net.Villains?

--
+ Mike Kelly, Notre Dame Department of Physics mke...@doc.helios.nd.edu +
+ +

Invisible Incendiary

Sep 28, 1993, 7:23:12 PM9/28/93
dva...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Dave Van Domelen) writes:

>In article <1993Sep28.0...@nevada.edu> cat...@nye.nscee.edu (Edward Gi
>bbs) writes:
>>After two months of growing used to this newsgroup I find it necessary
>>to spout off on the crap that is LNH.

So take an enema instead and shut up. Nobody particularly cares what
a brand new frosh-geek thinks about a recreational group (this means
you, Ed.) Foolishness like the LNH has been a part of the net since
it got started, and it's far less annoying than idiots who go out
of their way to start flamewars (this means you, Ed.)

Learn to use a killfile. Better yet, learn to read books without
pictures in them, go away, and don't bother us any more.

>Meanwhile, send all flames to Invisible Incendiary, he likes them. }->

That's not nice, DS. I have more than enough flames to deal with.

>>Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't post quite so often.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if you learned how to use your newsreader.
"N" is a common way to skip postings without reading them. Killfiles
are another. Or you can get "nn" and read only the articles you actively
select to read.

Johann E. Beda

Sep 30, 1993, 2:59:56 PM9/30/93

Well, at the risk of irritating people who think I should 'know better', or
be more versed at pabing though online documentation for the resources
that I insist on using.......

I've managed to use my kill files to not be bothered by particular message
threads, and can kill off threads as I encounter them in my readings. I know
there is the ability to kill off particular author's work, and to do pattern
matching on subject lines to get rid of stuff such as LNH, but how?

I imagine that adding a line such as:
author=/joe blow/:j
or
sub/jughead/:j
would do the trick, but I really am having difficulty figuring out the syntax.

Could someone with some knowledge please email me a short tutorial?
Heck, an example of someone's actual kill file would likely be enough.

I wouldn't be suprised if others would benifit from this information, so
posting it might not be such a bad idea.

Yeah, I should probably take this question to somewhere like
news.idiot.newby
or the like, but this is where the info would do me the most good, so....

johann
j-b...@uiuc.edu

Scott McMahan -- Genesis mailing list owner

Sep 30, 1993, 5:26:47 PM9/30/93
Johann E. Beda (jebg...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu) wrote:

: I really am having difficulty figuring out the syntax.
: I wouldn't be suprised if others would benifit from this information, so

: posting it might not be such a bad idea.

Depends on who's flaming whom whether it's a good idea.

For kill files, use the 'tin' newsreader. It's so user friendly
they had to get a court injunction to compile it on a UNIX machine.
To kill, you fill out a menu! No knowlege required. It is entirely
point-and-click, as much so as you can get on a character based display.

I advise everyone wondering about news to get this newsreader. Insist
it be installed on your computer. It'll compile on just about anything.

Scott

Bob

Sep 30, 1993, 7:01:35 PM9/30/93
In article <28fabc$o...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> jebg...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Johann E. Beda) writes:

>I've managed to use my kill files to not be bothered by particular message
>threads, and can kill off threads as I encounter them in my readings. I know
>there is the ability to kill off particular author's work, and to do pattern
>matching on subject lines to get rid of stuff such as LNH, but how?

While you are reading any group--when you get to the end of a post--
you can type /"subjedt"/K to kill everything with those words in
the subject header.

Ex. you come to the end of a post so you type /LNH/K

from now on whenever you read this group it will instantly kill everything
with the word LNH in the subject header.

Unfortunatly (sp?) I can't kill an author's post

Anyone else know how?

Bob

Stephane Savoie

Oct 1, 1993, 7:03:42 PM10/1/93
m...@christa.unh.edu (Here Today, Mike Tomorrow) writes:
>In article <1993Sep29....@dragon.acadiau.ca> 003...@dragon.acadiau.ca (Stephane Savoie) writes:

> --Mike...seems to recall that LaRocque became more friendly near
>the end of last semester...

No no no. That was just a hoax. A dream. An imaginary story.
An ElseWhirl, Elseworld, What if, Earth 7-11...

--kid anarky... point? Who me?

kid / * Steph Savoie Acadia U, Nova Scotia, Canada
____/_| * a.k.a. KID ANARKY <<stephan...@acadiau.ca>>
/ / | \ * of the Net.Patrol, part of the Legion of Net.Heroes!!

___|_/_____|__|___ * ********************************************************

/ | | * 101 Uses for a Dead Computer -- (part1: Monitors)

/ \______|_/ * #5: Make a killing in the sale of wild animals: use the
/ |NARKY * monitor to catch them! Also needed: string, stick, food

David R. Henry

Oct 2, 1993, 6:46:50 PM10/2/93
[On kill files:]

>Yeah, I should probably take this question to somewhere like
>news.idiot.newby
>or the like, but this is where the info would do me the most good, so....
>johann

I wasn't aware that they had expanded the news.* hierarchy lately, but
news.answers.newusers and news.newusers.questions would probably be more
helpful than that new group.

And, in any case, those _are_ the appropriate groups to be checking out
that information. The information will do you good in any newsgroup you
happen to be reading, so take a trip to your local news.* hub and root
around. There's a very useful killfile FAQ hanging around there, and I
believe Tom Galloway just posted up some more useful articles up there.

"We don't need no litigation
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the courtroom
Lawyers leave our Floyd alone...
Hey! Lawyers! Leave our Floyd alone!"

--
David R. Henry -- Rogue Fan Club - THE RED SHOES is coming! Ia, Kate Bush!
Obessa Cantauit. -- Richard Darwin // What was the question? -- Kate Bush

Livermore Rowdy Yobbos

Oct 3, 1993, 4:54:31 AM10/3/93
>In article 2CA8...@dhhalden.no, jo...@dhhalden.no (JON ARVID LOVSTAD) writes:
>>In article <1993Sep28.0...@nevada.edu> cat...@nye.nscee.edu (Edward Gibbs) writes:
>>
>>>After two months of growing used to this newsgroup I find it necessary
>>>to spout off on the crap that is LNH.
>
>Isn't there actually a LNH newsgroup, i used to get it at my old site
>but now i don't seem to be able to. If such a newsgroup exists it shouldn't
>necessary for LNH postings here at all.

You state the nub of the gist (and I am still about 800 postings
behind the hideous wave of poop that comprises racm). The alt.*.lnh (yeah,
I can't remember it) group propagates sporadically... I couldn't post to
it for a while, now I can... Beats wading through racm for the good stuff.
(Though I do miss tyg,lore, and Scowling *sniff*)

Scott Emery
yo...@shell.portal.com