LSH AOL Conference with Peyer, McCraw, Moy & Carlson - 2/21/95

1 view

Troy Esq

Feb 22, 1995, 12:00:47 AM2/22/95
Tom Peyer, Tom McCraw, Jeff Moy and KC Carlson were the guests at the AOL
LSH Conference this week. (Mark Waid was on his way to Australia to
attend a con there.)

I wasn't able to attend the AOL LSH conference personally this week, so
you owe this report to Born Again Legion Fan Kevin Wohler. If you enjoyed
this report, send him an e-mail at wohl...@acc.wuacc.edu and thank him
for keeping a log for me.

Typical disclaimer - Believe all of this at your own risk. While I think
that I've edited all the facetious material out or noted it in such a way
that you'll know it's a joke, please keep in mind that I'm not inside the
creators' heads. Take everything with a grain of salt.

AOL's Legion Chat takes place in the DC Chat Area of America On-Line every
Tuesday night at 6:00 p.m. EST.

This is the Spoiler Space. Try not to act bored and we'll get ice cream
on the way home.

Star Boy was the representative from Xanthu mentioned in LSH #66.

The White Triangle members are from many different planets. The White
Triangle is separate from the Dark Circle for now. (Then, according to
Tom McCraw, they introduce the Pink Squares.)

Watch for Valor in Superboy.

Apparently the latest issue of Previews indicates that there is a traitor
to the Legion in issue #70. The traitor has been seen in the book.

The theme for the LSH annual is secrets of the Legion. The L* annual
wraps up most first year storylines with a bang.

No members will be joining until at least after issue 75.

The current arc features a villain that we already know. (And, possibly
unrelated, the bald White Triangle guy isn't Black Mace.)

A Legionnaire will be losing his/her powers and leaving soon.

Leviathan was a part of the Tangleweb mission to allow him to make up for
the first Tangleweb mission.

Brainy and Lyle are involved in an extended story arc which may produce a
more mature Brainy.

Almost all of the pre-reboot Legionnaires have a possibility of showing up
at some point in the future.

The Legionnaires will age, but there are no plans to do it on a rapid
basis. (Sidne Ward and Tom McCraw had a very interesting discussion on
what would happen if a world sent a 35 year old rep. During the
conversation, Tom speculated about Cham's age and whether Cham--as a
Durlan--was really a teenager. My impression is that the discussion was
speculative, not authoritative.) [ASIDE - This has always been a question
with
Brainiac Five. Legion Classic Colan longevity would seem to indicate that
a native who's physically at a stage similar to an Earth teenager is
probably much older.

KC Carlson would like to do a realistic issue of LSH or L* every once in a
while, but doesn't want it to turn into "a very special episode of
Blossom."

T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"It is sometimes a mistake to climb, it is always a mistake never even to
make the attempt."
--Morpheus, "Fear of Falling"
LLL!

Marc Singer

Feb 22, 1995, 11:46:50 AM2/22/95
In article <3iegdv$g...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

Troy Esq <tro...@aol.com> wrote:

>Apparently the latest issue of Previews indicates that there is a traitor
>to the Legion in issue #70. The traitor has been seen in the book.

Okay, who let Nemesis Kid join? ;-)

>A Legionnaire will be losing his/her powers and leaving soon.

Noooooo! Ayla, we hardly knew ye...

Boy, I hope it's not the obvious guess (cough, Ayla, cough). I like Ayla
so much better with the lightning. OTOH, I'd be happy if she stuck around
(or came back) with mass powers, so long as she got a better name than
"Gossamer." (With the power to cross the English Channel using her PEDAL-
POWER!)

Marc

John Todd

Feb 22, 1995, 4:41:06 PM2/22/95
In article <3iegdv$g...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, tro...@aol.com (Troy Esq)
wrote:

> Star Boy was the representative from Xanthu mentioned in LSH #66.

yay!!!! let's hear it for airhead legionnaires!!! this is great. not
every legionnaire was level-headed and mature and thom is definitely not
this. i'm very excited.

> Apparently the latest issue of Previews indicates that there is a traitor
> to the Legion in issue #70. The traitor has been seen in the book.

'seen in the book'? i'm guessing madame president or andromeda.

> The theme for the LSH annual is secrets of the Legion. The L* annual
> wraps up most first year storylines with a bang.

secrets...oh, THOSE secrets.

> No members will be joining until at least after issue 75.

who do you guys think? i'm voting for ultra boy, evolvo, karate kid or
alchemist. why so many workforce members? because.....

> A Legionnaire will be losing his/her powers and leaving soon.

and i'm thinking, "AYLA!" garth will rejoin the legion and the workforce
will disband. the resultant members will opt for the legion. this may
even be the spark that turns spider girl bad (as jo "leaves her for
tinya".)

> Almost all of the pre-reboot Legionnaires have a possibility of showing up
> at some point in the future.

good.

> The Legionnaires will age, but there are no plans to do it on a rapid
> basis. (Sidne Ward and Tom McCraw had a very interesting discussion on
> what would happen if a world sent a 35 year old rep. During the
> conversation, Tom speculated about Cham's age and whether Cham--as a
> Durlan--was really a teenager. My impression is that the discussion was
> speculative, not authoritative.) [ASIDE - This has always been a question
> with
> Brainiac Five. Legion Classic Colan longevity would seem to indicate that
> a native who's physically at a stage similar to an Earth teenager is
> probably much older.

so the blok, tellus, quislet debate begings.

> KC Carlson would like to do a realistic issue of LSH or L* every once in a
> while, but doesn't want it to turn into "a very special episode of
> Blossom."

thanks for the update. it's awesome.
john

Slash Maraud

Feb 22, 1995, 9:05:06 PM2/22/95
>>A Legionnaire will be losing his/her powers and leaving soon.

>Noooooo! Ayla, we hardly knew ye...

<They'd better not.>

>Boy, I hope it's not the obvious guess (cough, Ayla, cough). I like Ayla
>so much better with the lightning. OTOH, I'd be happy if she stuck around
>(or came back) with mass powers, so long as she got a better name than
>"Gossamer."

<If Ayla leaves, there will be some VERY upset Polish men out there, not
mentioning any names.>

Slash "Mark, Tom! Can I buy you a beer? Or a house? Just don't let
Ayla lose her powers AGAIN!" Maraud.

--
MARAUD OUT>
Keeper of a tiny Mimic spark, not really a flame.

Sidne Gail Ward

Feb 22, 1995, 9:55:02 PM2/22/95
In article <3ifppq$s...@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu> ma...@wam.umd.edu (Marc Singer) writes:

>In article <3iegdv$g...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
>Troy Esq <tro...@aol.com> wrote:
>>

>>A Legionnaire will be losing his/her powers and leaving soon.

>Noooooo! Ayla, we hardly knew ye...

possible spoilers so:

I think it's going to be my favorite character - Imra. :( There's a spotlight
coming up on her and Cham. A couple of weeks ago during the AOL conference
there were hints that something drastic was going to happen to her. In
particular, Jeff Moy (who know she's my favorite) said I should be "very
afraid" about what was happening to her.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Sidne
sw...@primenet.com

John Adams

Feb 23, 1995, 11:20:00 AM2/23/95

This would be interesting considering her comments when the nameless President
wanted to boot Garth. She was the one who stood up for him, saying that he was
a member of the team and they couldn't just kick him off. It would be
interesting (though unfortunate) to see what would happen if she were in his
place (with even less of a defense, since she's actually powerless while he
wasn't).

John Adams

E.L.M.O. '95

Feb 23, 1995, 12:10:21 PM2/23/95
jto...@cc.swarthmore.edu (John Todd) writes:
> tro...@aol.com (Troy Esq)

>> Star Boy was the representative from Xanthu mentioned in LSH #66.

> yay!!!! let's hear it for airhead legionnaires!!! this is great. not
> every legionnaire was level-headed and mature and thom is definitely not
> this. i'm very excited.

This is obviously some strange use of the words "level-headed and mature"
that I'm not familiar with, since Thom was amont the most level-headed and
mature Legionnaires from Levitz' second run on, except for the LGS version
who had a couple of panels in EoaE.
--
"Over here, Bones! This man's dying!"
"Damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a ... What did you say?"

elmo (mor...@physics.rice.edu,mor...@fnal.fnal.gov)

John, the Myriad

Feb 23, 1995, 12:54:53 PM2/23/95

Singer) writes:

> > >Noooooo! Ayla, we hardly knew ye...
> >
> > possible spoilers so:

> > I think it's going to be my favorite character - Imra. :( There's a
spotlight
> > coming up on her and Cham. A couple of weeks ago during the AOL
conference
> > there were hints that something drastic was going to happen to her. In
> > particular, Jeff Moy (who know she's my favorite) said I should be "very
> > afraid" about what was happening to her.
> >
> > I hope I'm wrong, though.
> >
> > Sidne
> > sw...@primenet.com

does this mean that we can to expect to see esper lass and/or saturn
queen? ugh.
john