Pro/Fan Trivia accounted needed

1 view

Lee K. Seitz

Aug 7, 2007, 1:25:55 PM8/7/07
[Follow-ups set to rec.arts.comics.misc.]

Okay, tyg, it's been a week. I know the results of the Pro/Fan Trivia
match, but I need those lovely anecdotes to truly appreciate all I
missed. Please?

--
lkseitz (Lee K. Seitz) .at. hiwaay @dot@ net
Visit Atari Force Headquarters at

Peter Svensson

Aug 8, 2007, 4:10:55 AM8/8/07
On Aug 7, 10:25 am, lkse...@see.my.sig (Lee K. Seitz) wrote:
> [Follow-ups set to rec.arts.comics.misc.]
>
> Okay, tyg, it's been a week. I know the results of the Pro/Fan Trivia
> match, but I need those lovely anecdotes to truly appreciate all I
> missed. Please?

Reporting from the front row of the match:

Mark Waid didn't show. Elliot S! Maggin was pulled in as a last minute
replacement. (Roy Thomas was busy.)
KRAD moderated. Occasionally.
Score was kinda sorta kept.
Whether a question was solo or for the team was a bit fuzzy at times.
The theme was Multiverse, with trivia from all sorts of stories
involving alternate worlds and parallel universes. Mainly DC focused.
(Duh)
Len Wein was totally incapable of remembering any details from his own
stories. Kurt dubbed the term Lenweinium as a substitute for Amnesium
in his honor.
Paul Levitz missed a question on his Legion run. (Regarding what
character left to join an alternate Legion.)
The Monitor did not give Jonah Hex a gatling gun. He gave him a horse.
Waid's absence made things go poorly for the Pros, as the Fans won by
a large margin.
"On Earth (some number determined by John Wells), where Bigamy is
legal, who did Superman and Supergirl marry?" Kurt answered the
question by dint of having never read the story. (Lois and Lana, Jimmy
and Dick Malverne)
What Earth did Aquagirl die on? The Fans figured it out.
Sadly, Elliot S! Maggin's superpowers were of no use in this
competition. :(
Amazingly, no questions were asked about the reversed gender world
made by Mxy.
The Atom used a vibrator to travel from Earth-1 to Earth-2. o_O
All in all, it was an entertaining competition. I look forward to the
next one.

Peter Svensson