The EVIL Dr. Strange

Dezmo Steed

Jan 16, 2001, 4:57:25 PM1/16/01
I've been reading the recently released ESSENTIAL IRON MAN (and enjoying it a
lot more than I expected). I came across a story in there featuring a villain
by the name of DR. STRANGE. Clearly not the Master of the Mystic Arts, just a
wacky bad guy.

Were there other appearances of this villainous Dr. Strange? How much time
was there between this story and the other Dr. Strange's debut?

Thanks,
--Dezmo Steed

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

JohnBacon

Jan 16, 2001, 9:46:30 PM1/16/01
On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:57:25 GMT, Dezmo Steed <dezmo...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

>I've been reading the recently released ESSENTIAL IRON MAN (and enjoying it a
>lot more than I expected). I came across a story in there featuring a villain
>by the name of DR. STRANGE. Clearly not the Master of the Mystic Arts, just a
>wacky bad guy.
>
>Were there other appearances of this villainous Dr. Strange? How much time
>was there between this story and the other Dr. Strange's debut?

I know he never reappeared during the silver age or early 70s. Don't
know about the last twenty or so years.

Tales of Suspense #41 (May1963) first appeared on the newstands in Feb
1963

Strange Tales #110(July 1963) first appeared April of 1963.

- John

Tom Brevoort

Jan 16, 2001, 9:53:55 PM1/16/01
>Were there other appearances of this villainous Dr. Strange?

Nope, just that one.

>How much time
>was there between this story and the other Dr. Strange's debut?

Only a couple of months.

Tom Brevoort
Visit the thoroughly-useless KUSO archive!
Now with 100 entries: THE BREVOORT HISTORY OF COMICS!
http://www.kitchentableproductions.net

JVV4sm

Jan 17, 2001, 1:48:32 AM1/17/01
They should fight to see who keeps the name.

Dezmo Steed

Jan 17, 2001, 9:11:09 AM1/17/01
In article <20010116215355...@ng-fk1.aol.com>,

kitc...@aol.com (Tom Brevoort) wrote:
> >Were there other appearances of this villainous Dr. Strange?
>
> Nope, just that one.
>
> >How much time
> >was there between this story and the other Dr. Strange's debut?
>
> Only a couple of months.

Thanks for the quick respone, Tom. And everybody else.

Fascinating that they appeared so closely.

--Dezmo

Mikel Midnight

Jan 17, 2001, 9:34:06 AM1/17/01
In article <20010117014832...@ng-mi1.aol.com>, JVV4sm
<jvv...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote:

> They should fight to see who keeps the name.

I would love to see the character revived, but suspect that will be a
very brief fight.

"She always had a terrific sense of humor" Mikel Midnight
(Valerie Solonas, as described by her mother)
blak...@best.com
______________________________________http://www.best.com/~blaklion/comics.html