The REAL Green Goblin

Joseph Heffernan

Oct 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/1/95
Marvel should make the Green Goblin what it should be-a evil,sinister
force.The Jackel,before he died, could have constructed a genetically
merged clone of Norman and Harry Osborne . This new Goblin could go on to
kill Ben-Spiderman as well as that dopey false Greenie superhero-wannabe.
That way the REAL Goblin and Peter-Spiderman could feud happilly ever
after.

Air Judden

Oct 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/4/95
hef...@nyc.pipeline.com (Joseph Heffernan) writes:

Good idea, but it won't work. Personally, I believe all goblins are
evil and should remain that way. A Hero that throws pumpkin bombs? No.

the reason it won't work, is because when Marvel follows what I said
they plan to do all along--and that is bring back Pete is real. Not because
Bob et al. are boycotting, but because that's been the plan all along-- Bob
will rally the forces to boycott the Spider books until the Clone, evil
goblin is brought back.

BTW, Jackel may have Ned Leeds' DNA (ASM #149)....perhaps a Ned Clone?
Maybe Jackel gave him goblin clothing and we'll get a better Hobgoblin. Not
an idea I like (keep Ned dead), but a possibility.

Judden

Red SkullI

Oct 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/5/95
How do you know that the real Harry Osborne is dead? He created the fake
parents of Peter Parker, so maybe he made a copy of himself and it was the
Harry that died while he's still waiting in the shadows to strike.

Red
SkullI

Bob Kunz

Oct 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/6/95
On 6 Oct 1995, Kitchen T wrote:

> Date: 6 OCT 1995 00:01:07 -0400
> From: Kitchen T <kitc...@aol.com>
> Newgroups: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe
> Subject: Re: The REAL Green Goblin
>
> Harry's dead. Really dead. Really and truly dead. We go so far as to
> exhume his body in the upcoming Legacy of Evil one-shot.
>
> And if I ever stoop to having someone clone Harry, or reveal that it was
> only some genetic duplicate who died, please somebody shoot me.
>
> Tom Brevoort

Hmm, A little sick of clones are we?

Something unrelated: What was the idea behind killing him off in
the first place? It was a great story thread, and I was just curious.
[definitely not critical].

Bob Kunz
The Spider-Man Expatriates
Dedicated to our hero of the last twenty years.
Peter Parker, the REAL Spider-Man!
To Join:
1.) Cancel your Spider-Man Comic Books
2.) Email me at r...@acpub.duke.edu
Members So Far: 81
See FAQ for complete list of boycotted books.

Paladin

Oct 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/6/95
In article <4529m3$9...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kitc...@aol.com (Kitchen T) says:

>Harry's dead. Really dead. Really and truly dead. We go so far as to
>exhume his body in the upcoming Legacy of Evil one-shot.
>
>And if I ever stoop to having someone clone Harry, or reveal that it was
>only some genetic duplicate who died, please somebody shoot me.
>
>Tom Brevoort

I can assure you that should that happen,
many of us are 'locked and loaded'! Besides,
you are a better writer than that and as such
should never have to dig yourself out of a
hole with such a pathetic attempt to snare
an audience.

Logan

Mikko Rautalahti - Warner Music Finland Oy

Oct 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/6/95
This is what Joseph Heffernan (hef...@nyc.pipeline.com) wrote:
> Marvel should make the Green Goblin what it should be-a evil,sinister
>force.The Jackel,before he died, could have constructed a genetically
>merged clone of Norman and Harry Osborne . This new Goblin could go on to
>kill Ben-Spiderman as well as that dopey false Greenie superhero-wannabe.
>That way the REAL Goblin and Peter-Spiderman could feud happilly ever
>after.

Speaking of Green Goblin... I find it very stupid that someone
would use the name and costume of a known criminal who has a very very
bad public reputation, and for a reason too. I admit that I'm not exactly
up to date to why the Goblin is Mr. Nice Guy these days but I don't see
why someone couldn't just use another identity that wouldn't have all
those negative feelings associated with it... especially as the person
behind the mask is obviously not Norman Osborn... (That much I DO know
about it. I'm under the impression that this Goblin is Harry, but I
simply don't know for sure.)
I mean, if someone was to dress up as Hitler, complete with
plastic surgery and a couple of swastikas and proceeded to help Mother
Theresa, I doubt people would be overly impressed and/or convinced. So
why do it when you could simply skip the plastic surgery and toss the
swastikas out of the window and do some real good WITHOUT being cast in a
bad light from the start?

- Mikki
- Mikko Rautalahti --- "I judge a woman solely by the size and shape of -
- watc...@xgw.fi --- her nostrils." -- "Weird Al" Yankovic -
- WatchMan @ IRC ----------------------- http://www.xgw.fi/~watchman/ -

Jim Smith

Oct 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/6/95

On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Adam Schultz wrote:

> kitc...@aol.com (Kitchen T) wrote:
>
> >And if I ever stoop to having someone clone Harry, or reveal that it was
> >only some genetic duplicate who died, please somebody shoot me.
>
> >Tom Brevoort
>

> But if we did, someone at Marvel would bring you back to life... ;->

REALLY!?

Then where's Kirby?

Jim "Long live the King" Smith

Adam Schultz

Oct 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/7/95
kitc...@aol.com (Kitchen T) wrote:

>And if I ever stoop to having someone clone Harry, or reveal that it was
>only some genetic duplicate who died, please somebody shoot me.

>Tom Brevoort

But if we did, someone at Marvel would bring you back to life... ;->

-- Adam Schultz < asch...@iu.net >
(old Marvel characters never die...really!)

lbona

Oct 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/7/95

:
: Speaking of Green Goblin... I find it very stupid that someone
: would use the name and costume of a known criminal who has a very very
: bad public reputation, and for a reason too. I admit that I'm not exactly
: up to date to why the Goblin is Mr. Nice Guy these days but I don't see
: why someone couldn't just use another identity that wouldn't have all
: those negative feelings associated with it... especially as the person
: behind the mask is obviously not Norman Osborn... (That much I DO know
: about it. I'm under the impression that this Goblin is Harry, but I
: simply don't know for sure.)

Not Harry, it's a new character (I think). Ben Urich's nephew, Ben being
a reporter at the Daily Bugle. From what we've seen so far, he needs to
wear the Goblin mask to have the powers. Hey, what a great idea for a
movie. :)

:
: - Mikki

: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
: - Mikko Rautalahti --- "I judge a woman solely by the size and shape of -
: - watc...@xgw.fi --- her nostrils." -- "Weird Al" Yankovic -
: - WatchMan @ IRC ----------------------- http://www.xgw.fi/~watchman/ -

Lou Bona
lb...@tgf.tc.faa.gov

Kitchen T

Oct 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/8/95
I assume the idea behind killing Harry off was both to end his story on a
poignant, fulfiling note, and to at last put an end to the problem with
the character (i.e. if he knows Spidey's identity and doesn't do anything
with that knowledge, he comes off as pathetic.) I'd have to guess that
Harry's death was DeMatteis's idea--and I think he did a wonderful job
with the story.

Tom Brevoort

Bob Kunz

Oct 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/8/95
On 8 Oct 1995, Kitchen T wrote:

> Date: 8 OCT 1995 01:18:59 -0400
> From: Kitchen T <kitc...@aol.com>

Tom.

I agree completely. That was a wonderful story thread that made
me excited to be a Spider-Man fan.

Bob Kunz
The Spider-Man Expatriates
Dedicated to our hero of the last twenty years.
Peter Parker, the REAL Spider-Man!
To Join:
1.) Cancel your Spider-Man Comic Books
2.) Email me at r...@acpub.duke.edu

Members So Far: 83

lbona

Oct 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/10/95
kitc...@aol.com (Kitchen T) writes:
: I assume the idea behind killing Harry off was both to end his story on a

: poignant, fulfiling note, and to at last put an end to the problem with
: the character (i.e. if he knows Spidey's identity and doesn't do anything
: with that knowledge, he comes off as pathetic.) I'd have to guess that
: Harry's death was DeMatteis's idea--and I think he did a wonderful job
: with the story.
:
: Tom Brevoort

I agree, but (ya knew there had to be a but) I really wanted to see Harry
go out and fight crime with Peter for a while. I did think the whole thing
was very well done though.

--

Lou Bona
lb...@tgf.tc.faa.gov