Gigi Cusimano (Spelling?)

1 view

Devlin1

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
Hey Guys

Just wondering, after reading some posts here about the Shvaugn/Sean
controversy. Did they ever re-introduce SP Officer Gigi Cusimano (not sure
about the spelling) post-boot? If not, why? What about SP Chief Zendak?

Devlin

Dale Hicks

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
Devlin1 <dami...@pacific.net.sg> wrote in article <8i9cef$a1e$1...@newton3.pacific.net.sg>...

> Just wondering, after reading some posts here about the Shvaugn/Sean
> controversy. Did they ever re-introduce SP Officer Gigi Cusimano (not sure
> about the spelling) post-boot? If not, why? What about SP Chief Zendak?

Gigi was in (the rare?) LSH Annual 6, in Waid's origin of Colossal Boy.

Not sure about any other appearances (I don't want to check the
SciPol mini :).

--
Cranial Crusader dgh...@bellsouth.net

Tom Galloway

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
In article <01bfd66e$06f79a20$e5fb4cd8@celeron>,

Dale Hicks <dgh...@bellSPAMLESSsouth.net> wrote:
>Devlin1 <dami...@pacific.net.sg> wrote in article <8i9cef$a1e$1...@newton3.pacific.net.sg>...
>> controversy. Did they ever re-introduce SP Officer Gigi Cusimano (not sure
>> about the spelling) post-boot? If not, why? What about SP Chief Zendak?
>Gigi was in (the rare?) LSH Annual 6, in Waid's origin of Colossal Boy.
>Not sure about any other appearances (I don't want to check the
>SciPol mini :).

I believe she was the Science Police member sent to give Invisible Kid his
draft notice.

tyg t...@netcom.com

colin irving

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00

Devlin1 <dami...@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
> Hey Guys

> Just wondering, after reading some posts here about the Shvaugn/Sean

> controversy. Did they ever re-introduce SP Officer Gigi Cusimano (not
sure
> about the spelling) post-boot? If not, why? What about SP Chief Zendak?

Gigi, sure...she was the one who deliered the draft notice to Lyle Norg at
the
end of LEGIONNAIRES #0.

Devlin1

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00

"colin irving" <wa...@interlog.com> wrote in message

> Gigi, sure...she was the one who deliered the draft notice to Lyle Norg at
> the
> end of LEGIONNAIRES #0.

And she never reappeared after that?? But Gigi was one of the most
prominent SP officers pre-boot (or at least in v3 anyway)!

Devlin

Tom Galloway

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
In article <8ibv4s$de6$1...@newton.pacific.net.sg>,

If I'm recalling correctly, she's based on Paul Levitz' wife. Now, maybe you
want to write a character based on your uberboss' wife, but I can see where
there might be some reluctance to do so on the part of others. :-)

tyg t...@netcom.com

Devlin1

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00

"Tom Galloway" <t...@netcom.com> wrote in message

> If I'm recalling correctly, she's based on Paul Levitz' wife. Now, maybe
you
> want to write a character based on your uberboss' wife, but I can see
where
> there might be some reluctance to do so on the part of others. :-)

Oh! Point taken. :-)

Devlin

Simon DelMonte

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
In article <8iccs5$vc0$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>, t...@netcom.com (Tom
Galloway) writes:

>If I'm recalling correctly, she's based on Paul Levitz' wife. Now, maybe you
>want to write a character based on your uberboss' wife, but I can see where
>there might be some reluctance to do so on the part of others. :-)

I was rather surprised to see in Paul's listing in "Who's Who" (the reference
book and not the DCU version) that his wife's maiden name was Cusimano. This
means Paul Tuckerized his wife. Would this then be the first woman Tuckerized
in Legion?

Simon DelMonte

Tom Galloway

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
In article <20000616083513...@nso-fw.aol.com>,

Simon DelMonte <sdel...@aol.comJLA> wrote:
>I was rather surprised to see in Paul's listing in "Who's Who" (the reference
>book and not the DCU version) that his wife's maiden name was Cusimano. This
>means Paul Tuckerized his wife. Would this then be the first woman Tuckerized
>in Legion?

Don't think so. Nightwind and Lamprey, the Academy students who Wildfire
told his origin to, had real names that were Tuckerized versions of their
fan creators.

tyg t...@netcom.com

DCOLevitz

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
Not sure what Tuckerized means, but Officer Cusimano is indeed based on my
wife--her childhood nickname which was revived during her brief DC stay ("we
can't have two Jeanette/Jenettes around here--did you ever have a nickname?")
was GiGi, and Keith based the visual on her as well.
Paul Levitz

Tom Galloway

Jun 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/17/00
In article <20000616165117...@ng-cg1.aol.com>,

DCOLevitz <dcol...@aol.com> wrote:
>Not sure what Tuckerized means, but Officer Cusimano is indeed based on my

It means to take a real person and use their name and possibly other
characteristics, either physical or personality, for a fictional character
one is writing. Not in the sense of dropping, say, the current President of
the US in a story, but Gigi ending up as a Science Police officer, Sidne
being Saturn Girl's mother, or when Peter David used my name for a Starfleet
Admiral when writing Star Trek. The term is derived from the name of long
time sf fan and writer Bob Tucker who frequently used his friends' names in
his fiction in this manner.

tyg t...@Netcom.com

Mark Evans

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
For those of you who may not know the roots of "Tuckerized", it comes from
the works of an author/SF fan named Bob Tucker. He was known to use the
names and/or personalities of people he knew in his work. Thus, to
tuckerize is to use a real person you know in a work of fiction.

DCOLevitz (dcol...@aol.com) wrote:
: Not sure what Tuckerized means, but Officer Cusimano is indeed based on my

: wife--her childhood nickname which was revived during her brief DC stay ("we

: can't have two Jeanette/Jenettes around here--did you ever have a nickname?")
: was GiGi, and Keith based the visual on her as well.
: Paul Levitz

--
Mark Evans
Established in 1951.