LSH: AOL Chat for 4/29 with McCraw, Moy & Carlson

1 view

David J. Snyder

Apr 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/30/97

In article <336ace70...@news.goodnet.com>,
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:

>KC reported that Chris Sprouse may be doing a story for LSH #100
>and maybe something else.

Three words. "Teenage Death Squad." (If we build it, they
will come.)

>KC stated that Chris Sprouse loves that his name is on the back
>of Lori Morning's hockey jersey.

Cool. Lori can join the Squad. That will make a bunch
of people happy.

-Dave
--
"He's like the Silver Surfer with Balls!"
-Her Most Royal Lady, The Princess Adastra

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Apr 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/30/97

Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Jeff Moy (L* penciller)
and KC Carlson (LSH/L* editor) were the guests on America
Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday, April 29, 1997.

Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the DC
Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat is
held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
(Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
McCraw, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd and KC Carlson.

DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
reliable. Stripped to their essentials, the Legion chats involve
approximately 25 fans shouting repeated questions at the
creators. The creators don't have time to thoroughly answer
questions and sometimes are unable to respond to clarification
questions.

SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
space separates such spoiler information.

SUBSCRIPTIONS - If you'd like to subscribe to these chat reports,
send an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com" with the message
"subscribe lsh-chats". To unsubscribe, send the message
"unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

GRAPHICS - If you want to subscribe to Lev Kalman's weekly
humorous LSH pic, send the message "subscribe lev-pics" in the
body of an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com". You'll receive a
MIME-encoded pic in your virtual mailbox every week.

SPECIAL THANKS - To Elayne Wechsler-Chaput for providing the copy
of the chat log from which this report was generated.

===============

The pencils in LSH #93 were done by Mike Collins.

Jeff is working on finishing L* #53 and has completed a
substantial amount of L* #54. Jeff's brother Phil Moy has done a
large part of the work on L* #53, but Jeff jumped in to give him
a hand.

KC suggested that fans reserve copies of L* #50 at their comic
shop. He thought copies might be scarce due to the Alan
Davis/Mark Farmer poster in the issue.

KC indicated that November looks to be a big month for the Legion
and advised that Legion fans start saving their money now. He
couldn't give any specifics. When a fan pointed out that
November might be about the time of LSH #100, KC invited him to
do the math.

KC reported that Chris Sprouse may be doing a story for LSH #100
and maybe something else.

KC stated that Chris Sprouse loves that his name is on the back

of Lori Morning's hockey jersey.

Tom pointed out that Cargg is spelled with only two "g"'s in the
postboot. He further noted that it was two "g"'s before LSH v4
#1.

When asked which of the new Legionnaires was his favorite to
draw, Jeff stated that he enjoys drawing Sensor. He claimed that
he's gotten used to drawing all of her scales.

KC thought that Gemworld still exists in the post-ZH DC Universe,
but Mordru's ties to Gemworld are no longer valid.

Tom likes Dawnstar's original yellow costume, but would prefer a
costume that reflects more of her heritage.

Neither Legion title will receive a Pulp Heroes annual this
summer.

Jeff opined that Andromeda was conquering her xenophobia. Both
he and Tom indicated that the events surrounding her recent
appearances are causing her to grow.

Tom indicated that Shrinking Violet's wedding dress was green
rather than white due to her connection with the Emerald Eye. He
joked that Legion fans should get their minds out of the gutter.

Tom wasn't sorry to see Atom'x die in L* #49. He recalled that
he still needed to retaliate against Tom Peyer for the name.

The Legion will be involved in this summer's GENESIS DC Universe
crossover.

Jeff indicated that Monstress will be around a little more.

When asked if there would be a new Leviathan soon, KC advised
fans to see L* #52.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"Ll'i eb kcab."