November Legion Month merchandise and titles

Tom Galloway

Aug 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/22/97

From the distributor promos, courtesy of the Mania website, here's
descriptions of the Legion stuff coming out in November, Legion Month
at DC. Non-spoilers first, then possible spoiler descriptions.

The Legion will be appearing in Adventures In The DC Universe #10,
with the backup story featuring Tenzil, Chuck, and Ferro. They'll also
be in Action #741.

From the descriptions:

Legion Logo T-Shirt
Celebrate Legion Month with this beautiful 100% cotton red t-shirt,
featuring a beautiful 3-color image of the Legion "L" logo. FC, L-XL
T-shirt

Legion Of Super-Heroes Secret Files #1
Written by Tom McCraw and Tom Peyer; art by Jeffrey Moy, Barry Kitson, Adam
Hughes, W. C. Carani, and various; cover by Phil Jimenez
Legion month contines with a special focusing on the history of the future's
greatest super-team! A new 22-page retelling of the Legion's origin, written
by Tom McCraw and Tom Peyer, with art by Jeffrey Moy and W.C. Carani,
reveals some never-before-told details of the case that brought the heroes
together. In addition, "lost pages" reveal the Legion Espionage Squad's
top-secret induction tests; a timeline puts the future history of the team
in perspective; and, a tour of the all-new Legion Outpost reveals the
hi-tech features of this 30th-century masterpiece. Plus, a pinup section
that includes a 2-page pinup of the Legion's full membership by Phil
Jimenez; an "interview" with Legion liaison Shvaughn Erin, and much more.
FC, 64 pg. Miraweb Format

Legion Poster
Art by Stuart Immonen and Mark Farmer
The Legion Outpost is under attack, and the 30th Century's greatest heroes
must defend it against the villainous Fatal Five in this beautiful poster by
Stuart (Inferno) Immonen, with inks by Mark Farmer.

Full descriptions for Adventures in the DCU, Action, Legionnaires, Inferno,
and LSH after the spoiler space:

Adventures In The DC Universe #10
Written by Steve Vance; art and cover by John Delaney and Ron Boyd
Legion Month continues in the animated "Adventures" style! Returning from a
difficult mission, plagued by injuries and exhaustion, the Legion of
Super-Heroes is ambushed by a deadly alien menace -- one who seems to be
invulnerable to all of their greatest powers! Meanwhile, back on Tenzil
Kem, Chuck Taine, and new member Ferro must face the awesome peril of "The
Thing From Brainiac's Lab!"

Inferno #3
Written by Stuart immonen; art and cover by Immonen and Wade Von
Grawbadger
As Legion Month unfolds, the solo adventures of one of the Legion's most
popular members continue! Events in the mall begin to simmer as Inferno
finds herself on her own again while, outside, the sun sets and darkness
descends, both without and within. The real-world concerns of Inferno's
new-found friends, including an abusive boyfriend and a murder attempt,
drive Inferno deeper into her own darkness, feeding the psyche of a monster
in the shadows -- a monster now hungry enough to step from the dark to
attack the light.

Legionnaires #56
Written by Roger Stern and Tom McCraw; art by Todd Nauck; cover by Jeffrey
Moy and W.C. Carani
Legion month continues with a special issue focusing on M'Onel! Daxam's
greatest hero takes center stage as the Legionnaire single-handedly facs a
horde of savage Khunds in a story with many hints to the direction of both
Legion titles for the future. Why must M'On face his foes single-handed?
Because all the other Legionnaires have disappeared!

Legion Of Super-Heroes #100
Written by Tom Peyer, Paul Levitz, Tom McCraw, Roger Stern, Mark Farmer,
Ron Boyd and others; art by Lee Moder, Jason Armstrong, Alan Davis, Walter
Simonson, Farmer, Ron Boyd and others; gatefold cover by Davis and Farmer
Legion Month reaches its thrilling conclusion with a triple-sized
millennium-spanning celebration of the biggest team in comics! In the
tempestuous conclusion of "C.O.M.P.U.T.O. the Conqueror!," the timelost
members of the Legion find their way back to the 30th Century, with the aid
of Superboy, Impulse, Robin, Green Lantern, and the JLA's Martian Manhunter!
Plus, learn the real relationship between Apparition and L.E.G.I.O.N.'s
Phase, and discover the final fate of Triad! Plus, a back-up story
introduces the "Legion Outpost," the team's new orbiting nerve center, along
with new LSH penciller Jason (THE RAY, Spider-Man) Armstrong. Also, DC
Publisher Paul Levitz writes his first Legion story in eight years!
Illustrated by Walter Simonson, it's a story that shows the Legion
investigating an intergalactic anomaly that will have significant impact on
the team in coming months. All this, plus additional short stories and
pin-ups by Adam Hughes, Stuart Immonen, Chris Sprouse, Dan Jurgens, Philip
Moy, Louise Simonson, Dusty Abell, and many more! FC, 96 pg. Mando Format

Action Comics #741
Written by Stuart Immonen; art and cover by Immonen and Jose Marzan, Jr.
Legion Month continues here as the LSH asks Superman's help in battling
C.O.M.P.U.T.O.! [non-Legion bits description left out]

tyg t...@netcom.com

DAVID CULLERS

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97
to t...@netcom.com

Giddy-Up!

Aaron Cullers
JASS...@worldnet.att.net

Carl Fink

Aug 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/23/97

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 22:18:37 GMT, Tom Galloway <t...@netcom.com> wrote:
There are spoilers in here.

>Adventures In The DC Universe #10

> . . . Meanwhile, back on Tenzil

>Kem, Chuck Taine, and new member Ferro must face the awesome peril of "The
>Thing From Brainiac's Lab!"

Tenzil Kem has become a planet?

>Inferno #3

>As Legion Month unfolds, the solo adventures of one of the Legion's most

>popular members . . .

AARGH!
--
Carl Fink ca...@dm.net