LSH: AOL Chat Report for 10/15/96 with Moy, Boyd & Carlson

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Oct 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/20/96

Jeff Moy (L* penciller), Ron Boyd (LSH inker) and KC Carlson
(LSH/L* editor) were the guests on America Online's Legion of
Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday, October 15, 1996. John Byrne
showed up to do some public Legion hating. Legion of
Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online
area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat is held every
Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST. (Keyword: DC
CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom McCraw, Roger
Stern, Mark Waid, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd, KC Carlson and Mike
McAvennie.

DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
reliable. Due to the nature of the chats, misinterpretations of
the creators' comments do occur. No wagering.

SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
space separates such spoiler information.

SUBSCRIPTIONS - If you'd like to subscribe (or unsubscribe) to
these chat reports, please send me an e-mail at
"tro...@indirect.com".

GRAPHICS - If you want to subscribe to Lev Kalman's weekly
humorous LSH pic, send the message "subscribe lev-pics" in the
body of an e-mail to "majo...@idyllmtn.com". You'll receive a
MIME-encoded pic in your virtual mailbox every week.

SPECIAL THANKS - To Elayne Wechsler-Chaput for forwarding a copy
of the chat log from which this report was generated.

===============

KC announced that sales on the Legion titles were steadily
increasing.

Ron had just finished inking LSH #89, which Jeff guest pencilled.
Jeff is currently pencilling L* #47.

Ron isn't happy with the art on LSH #87. It had three pencillers
and was late. Ron is particularly disappointed because the issue
marked his 50th issue on LSH. He's holding a contest in honor of
his 50th.

Jeff can usually draw about a page a day, depending on its
complexity. The 2 page spread in L* #43 took him a couple of
days. He was envious of John Byrne's ability to draw a page in
about 2 hours.

Jeff stated that only a few of the background characters in L*
#43 were based on real people.

Byrne claimed to have always had the mental image of Legionnaires
dangling from their flight rings by their fingers.

Jeff wondered if the Legion really needed Quislet.

Jeff observed that Live Wire will have to see how things go with
Saturn Girl before he gains a new love interest.

Insect Queen appeared on the cover to L* #43.

Jeff thought Sugar and Spike would have destroyed Legion HQ if
they'd been accepted onto the team. It was KC's idea to include
the characters; he'd always liked the teenaged Sugar and Spike
issue.

Jeff liked Lydda Jath's beehive hairdo.

Dreamer will be appearing again in the books soon. Jeff based
her look on sketches that Lee Moder drew.

Magno's costume is a maroon color.

Jeff indicated that he had become used to Sensor being a snake.
He indicates that fans will see that the snake is fun. Jeff
credited Roger for reintroducing Sensor as a snake.

Jeff hopes that Chameleon will not forget about Spark because of
Sensor.

Adding a wink, Jeff promised that Sensor would be able to spell
out words by shaping her body to represent individual letters.

Jeff indicates that he may get to draw the human Sensor, but
we'll mostly see her snake form.

The Legion won't be visiting Sensor's home planet of Orando yet.

Jeff was happy to receive feedback on Umbra's costume. He thinks
that the "S" will remain.

Ron stated that a talking rat appears in LSH #87.

Kinetix will get a new costume which will sport a semi-skirt.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"I know when everyone's had enough."

Jacob W Michaels

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

T. Troy McNemar, Esq. (tro...@indirect.com) wrote:
> Jeff Moy (L* penciller), Ron Boyd (LSH inker) and KC Carlson
> (LSH/L* editor) were the guests on America Online's Legion of
> Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday, October 15, 1996. John Byrne
> showed up to do some public Legion hating. Legion of
> Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online
> area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat is held every
> Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST. (Keyword: DC
> CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom McCraw, Roger
> Stern, Mark Waid, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd, KC Carlson and Mike
> McAvennie.

> DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
> reliable. Due to the nature of the chats, misinterpretations of
> the creators' comments do occur. No wagering.

> SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
> issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
> space separates such spoiler information.

> Kinetix will get a new costume which will sport a semi-skirt.

Dear Lord, she changes outfits more than Janet Van Dyne!

Jacob

Douglas Limmer

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

"T. Troy McNemar, Esq." <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:

[Intro snipped: this is a chat report, in case you didin't notice.]

>KC announced that sales on the Legion titles were steadily
>increasing.

This is great news, especially considering that the market in general
is steadily decreasing. I hope this isn't based on inflated Final
Night numbers, though.

>Magno's costume is a maroon color.

Again! What is it with magnetism and purplish colors? Cos, Dr.
Polaris, Polaris (Shi'ar), Magneto, Aura, Magenta, Magnetic Kid, Magno
... I suppose by now it's a tradition.

>Ron stated that a talking rat appears in LSH #87.

Just keep it away from Jeka. :-)

Douglas Limmer -- lim...@math.orst.edu

Felix J. Torres

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

In article <326af...@robby.oit.umass.edu>, JWMI...@bronte.oit.UMASS.edu (Jacob W Michaels) says:

>> SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
>> issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
>> space separates such spoiler information.

>> Kinetix will get a new costume which will sport a semi-skirt.
>
>Dear Lord, she changes outfits more than Janet Van Dyne!

Going back to her first appearance, this should be no surprise.
And without Vi to play dress up with, she only has herself to
dress up.

The Revenge Of Don Brinker's Evil Twin

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

JWMI...@bronte.oit.UMASS.edu (Jacob W Michaels) wrote:

Spoilers. Well, mild ones, anyhow...

>> Kinetix will get a new costume which will sport a semi-skirt.

>Dear Lord, she changes outfits more than Janet Van Dyne!

And? Hey, I think it's refreshing to see someone who doesn't wear the
same costume for years at a time. When was the last time you saw a
costume change that wasn't a temporary gimmick thing?

Wonder if this means the Emerald Vi storyline's finally coming to an
end, though...

- Don

DScottDoty

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

In article <54js0f$c...@nicaragua.earthlink.net>, dbri...@earthlink.net

(The Revenge Of Don Brinker's Evil Twin) writes:

>And? Hey, I think it's refreshing to see someone who doesn't wear the
>same costume for years at a time. When was the last time you saw a
>costume change that wasn't a temporary gimmick thing?

Fire changed costumes frequently in certain periods of JLA history.

I also liked the fact that Legion uniforms have often changed, and on
major characters (although there were a few that stayed the same
up until Computo handed out the new costumes.)

Dave Doty

The Revenge Of Don Brinker's Evil Twin

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

dscot...@aol.com (DScottDoty) wrote:

>In article <54js0f$c...@nicaragua.earthlink.net>, dbri...@earthlink.net
>(The Revenge Of Don Brinker's Evil Twin) writes:

>>And? Hey, I think it's refreshing to see someone who doesn't wear the
>>same costume for years at a time. When was the last time you saw a
>>costume change that wasn't a temporary gimmick thing?
>>

>Fire changed costumes frequently in certain periods of JLA history.

Are we talking Fire or Dan Jurgens Pod Person Fire?

>I also liked the fact that Legion uniforms have often changed, and on
>major characters (although there were a few that stayed the same
>up until Computo handed out the new costumes.)

Just as long as no new costumes look like the late v3 ones. Sheesh,
those were ugly...

- Don

DScottDoty

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

In article <54mhvf$a...@chile.earthlink.net>, dbri...@earthlink.net (The

Revenge Of Don Brinker's Evil Twin) writes:

>dscot...@aol.com (DScottDoty) wrote:
>
>>In article <54js0f$c...@nicaragua.earthlink.net>, dbri...@earthlink.net
>>(The Revenge Of Don Brinker's Evil Twin) writes:
>
>>>And? Hey, I think it's refreshing to see someone who doesn't wear the
>>>same costume for years at a time. When was the last time you saw a
>>>costume change that wasn't a temporary gimmick thing?
>>>

>>Fire changed costumes frequently in certain periods of JLA history.
>
>Are we talking Fire or Dan Jurgens Pod Person Fire?
>
>>I also liked the fact that Legion uniforms have often changed, and on
>>major characters (although there were a few that stayed the same
>>up until Computo handed out the new costumes.)
>
>Just as long as no new costumes look like the late v3 ones. Sheesh,
>those were ugly...

Ah Lahked theem.

Dave Doty

Mrmagu5437

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

>Insect Queen appeared on the cover to L* #43.

That's great but I was hoping she would get at least a mention in the
story. Are we ever going to see her in action again? I'm losing hope.