LSH: AOL Chat for 7/28/98 & 7/30/98: McCraw & Moy

1 view

Alex Tam

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) and Jeff Moy (L* penciller) were
the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday,
July 28, 1998 and Legionnaires Chat for Thursday, July 30, 1998. Legion of
Super-Heroes Chat takes place every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online area of
AOL at 6:00 PM EST. Legionnaires Chat is held every Thursday in the same
area at 10:00 PM EST. (Keyword: CHAT DC.) Regular guests include Tom
McCraw, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd and Mike McAvennie.

Thanks to T. Troy McNemar who originated the Legion Chat Reports; so much
of the format of these writeups was derived from his hard work.

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the reliability of this report. Essentially,
the Legion chats involve about twenty-five fans shouting repeated questions
to the creators. The creators are sometimes unable to answer questions
thoroughly or clarify their responses. As a result, misinterpretations may
occur on my part.

SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
info from the more general comments.

SUBSCRIPTIONS: To subscribe to these chat reports, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lsh-chats". To
unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

PLUGS: To subscribe to Lev Kalman's humorous LSH pics, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lev-pics". You'll get a
new cartoon e-mailed to you about once every two weeks.

To browse this fan's STARMAN website, visit
http://users.aol.com/nachro2/starhome.htm

Finally, for all your LSH online needs, check out the Legion of
Super-Resources at http://www.idyllmtn.com/rac/dc/lsh/lsh_res.htm

A BIG THANKS TO: Jim Caldwell for logging the 7/30/98 chat.

:=========================:

Jeff likes the cover sketches done by upcoming L* cover artist Chris Sprouse.

While Tom is recoloring all of the CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS reprint, he
isn't coloring the recently announced new extra chapter (by Marv Wolfman
and Paul Ryan).

Jeff's pinup of the entire Legion appears in October's LEGENDS OF THE DCU
3-D GALLERY. Tom got to color it and likes it better than some of the
others he had to work on. Jeff joked that he included every member to
"drive the 3-D guys nuts."

Tom colored Dan Jurgens and Karl Kesel's cover to LSH ARCHIVES #8 and
thought the placement of characters could be better; for example,
Projectra's cape and Element Lad's costume overlap and are the same pink
color.

The upcoming TPB is called LSH: NEW HORIZONS and should be out late next
year, according to collections editor Jim Spivey. He said it would contain
"the first few issues." While it was reported previously that every issue
up to L* ANNUAL #2 would be reprinted, it wasn't clear if that's still
true. But Tom did say the book would have at least the Planet Hell arc,
and would be "very thick."

Spivey also said that the Archives have a healthy run ahead of them, and
will continue reprinting classic Legion in consecutive order. Volume 9
will finish the ADVENTURE run and begin the ACTION issues.

In L* #65, Cham has some matters to settle on Durla and has some brief
interaction with Ayla.

Jeff has to draw a lot of robots somewhere on pgs. 7-14 of L* #68.

-- Alex Tam
gol...@intergate.bc.ca; Nachro2 on AOL

Danny Miller

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
In article <3.0.1.32.1998080...@pop.intergate.bc.ca>, Alex Tam
<gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:

> Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) and Jeff Moy (L* penciller) were
> the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday,
> July 28, 1998 and Legionnaires Chat for Thursday, July 30, 1998.

> SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found

> toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
> info from the more general comments.
>

> :=========================:
>
> Jeff likes the cover sketches done by upcoming L* cover artist Chris
> Sprouse.

"And now cousin, it is time for Myposian dance of joy!"

> While Tom is recoloring all of the CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS reprint, he
> isn't coloring the recently announced new extra chapter (by Marv Wolfman
> and Paul Ryan).

Apparently, DC editorial wants him to finish, period, and not go insane and
disembowel them, screaming, in the bargain. :)

> Jeff's pinup of the entire Legion appears in October's LEGENDS OF THE DCU
> 3-D GALLERY. Tom got to color it and likes it better than some of the
> others he had to work on. Jeff joked that he included every member to
> "drive the 3-D guys nuts."

Jeff doing a Legion 3-D poster? Well, I'm sure it'll be a best-seller,
then. Let's hope no one puts out an eye. >:)

> Spivey also said that the Archives have a healthy run ahead of them, and
> will continue reprinting classic Legion in consecutive order. Volume 9
> will finish the ADVENTURE run and begin the ACTION issues.

I'm glad. As it is, I only have as far back as V.2 #259...plus That Damned
Tabloid. Are they reprinting that? :)

> In L* #65, Cham has some matters to settle on Durla and has some brief
> interaction with Ayla.

Woo-hoo!

--
I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. -- Jack Handey
Danny Miller, har de har-har-har