LSH: AOL Chat for 11/5/96 with McCraw, Moy & Edkin

1 view

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Jeff Moy (L* penciller)
and Joe Edkin (L* Annual #3 co-writer) were the guests on America
Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday, November 5,
1996. Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the
DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat
is held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
(Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
McCraw, Roger Stern, Mark Waid, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd, KC Carlson
and Mike McAvennie.

DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
reliable. Due to the nature of the chats, misinterpretations of
the creators' comments do occur. No wagering.

SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
space separates such spoiler information.

SUBSCRIPTIONS - If you'd like to subscribe (or unsubscribe) to
these chat reports, please send me an e-mail at
"tro...@indirect.com".

GRAPHICS - If you want to subscribe to Lev Kalman's weekly
humorous LSH pic, send the message "subscribe lev-pics" in the
body of an e-mail to "majo...@idyllmtn.com". You'll receive a
MIME-encoded pic in your virtual mailbox every week.

===============

Joe was uncredited as co-writer for the Legionnaires Annual.
Production left a number of contributors uncredited. Other than
having his name omitted as co-writer and a mix-up in panel order,
he was happy with the annual. (Roger Stern has previous stated
that first pair of panels on page 36 should be switched with the
second pair of panels.)

Joe would love the opportunity to work on some more Legion
stories. He has submitted some proposals to Legion editor KC
Carlson. Joe has enjoyed everything that been done with the
Legion post-Zero, and thinks that Sensor being a snake is cool.

Jeff had been working on page 7 of L* #48. L* #48 is part of the
build up to L* #50. Jeff intends to do all the artwork on L* #50
if possible.

Jeff's twin brother, Phil, pencilled L* #45.

Jeff reported that the Legion books needed higher sales before a
third book could be added to the schedule.

Tom hopes that the 20th century Legionnaires will meet the Metal
Men.

Tom believes that Tenzil Kem is at least 16 years old.

Jeff is drawing all the X-Men into an upcoming issue of L*. They
appear only as head shots. He indicated that fans can consider
them the answer to the Imperial Guard if they'd like.

Joe's favorite line in the Legionnaires Annual is when Behemoth
asks, "This is what they replaced us with. And people bought
it?"

Kelley Jones was scheduled to do art for LSH #87, but had to
cancel.

Tom promised that questions raised in LSH #87 will be answered.

After the events of LSH #87, Apparition is still intangible.
However, everyone is able to see her now. Tom believes that she
would be tangible to herself.

Other Legionnaires are not bothered by Apparition's inability to
bathe because she doesn't sweat.

The machinery possession powers that Apparition displayed in LSH
#87 may not be permanent.

Apparition cannot possess other people without Deadman's
assistance.

Some Legionnaires will be sporting new looks soon.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"Reality: what a gyp."

Elayne Wechsler-Chaput

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

: ===============

: After the events of LSH #87, Apparition is still intangible.

: However, everyone is able to see her now. Tom believes that she
: would be tangible to herself.

I see you cleaned up McCraw's double-entendred phrasing, Troy.

What he *actually* said is that she is able to touch herself. :)

Being as it was a chat, and most of us were trying to observe Terms of
Service, a brief but spirited discussion of marital aids and Tinya's
possible possession thereof ensued. :)

- Elayne
--
E-Mail me, the "Firehead Head," for a copy of the final issue of ()~~
the official Firesign Theatre newsletter, Four-Alarm FIRESIGNal; ##

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

Previously on rec.arts.comics.dc.lsh, fire...@panix.com (Elayne

Wechsler-Chaput) wrote:
> T. Troy McNemar, Esq. (tro...@indirect.com) wrote:

> I see you cleaned up McCraw's double-entendred phrasing, Troy.

> What he *actually* said is that she is able to touch herself. :)

Yeah, I had it typed that way and decided that it didn't work in the
report because it looked like an unintentional slip on my part.

> Being as it was a chat, and most of us were trying to observe Terms of
> Service, a brief but spirited discussion of marital aids and Tinya's
> possible possession thereof ensued. :)

Which would probably get some weird looks by the higher-ups when the
creative team starts submitting receipts asking that they be reimbursed
for their research.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com

"The words were all there and they made sense, but each sentence was
fired out into the world as a unit."
--Terry Pratchett, "Maskerade"

Andrew Stuart Mason

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

>Tom hopes the 20th Century Legionnaires will meet the Metal Men.

Wouldn't the 30th Century Legionaires be able to meet the Metal Men?
How long is the warranty on those guys, anyway?

TTFN
ANDY
-"You can't scare me. I'm a coward! I'm scared of everything!"

The Revenge Of Don Brinker's Evil Twin

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

mas...@cs.man.ac.uk (Andrew Stuart Mason) wrote:

>>Tom hopes the 20th Century Legionnaires will meet the Metal Men.

>Wouldn't the 30th Century Legionaires be able to meet the Metal Men?
>How long is the warranty on those guys, anyway?

5000 years or 50,000 retcons.

After the last mini, I think their warranty is just about up :-)

- Don

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

Previously on rec.arts.comics.dc.lsh, 10213...@compuserve.com (Murray
Fox) wrote:
> In article <1.5.4.16.1996110...@goodnet.com>, "T. Troy
> McNemar, Esq." <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:

>> Some Legionnaires will be sporting new looks soon.

> Hmmm... Kinetix han't changed her look for an issue or two so she's due
> for a new look. Let's try to get away from the greens this time around.
> I'd really like to get back to the red and yellow look she started with.

I'll leave it to the color coordinators to debate you on this point. :)

> And keep the Lee Moder floating hair. Yum yum.

Jeff designed the floating hair, actually.

> Spark could do with a new look. Or Livewire. Their uniforms are too
> similar and I'd like to see one or the other get a new look.

Ayla's overdue for her feathers. :)

> I'm not fond of the Imra pony tail but I'm glad to see that different
> hairstyles are being used occasionally.

Imra always struck me as the "I'm not going to spend 30 minutes in the
bathroom trying to get my hair right" type.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com

"Sometimes sarcasm helps us think more clearly."
--Dogbert, "Shave The Whales"
LLL!

Murray Fox

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

In article <1.5.4.16.1996110...@goodnet.com>, "T. Troy
McNemar, Esq." <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:

> Some Legionnaires will be sporting new looks soon.

Hmmm... Kinetix han't changed her look for an issue or two so she's due
for a new look. Let's try to get away from the greens this time around.
I'd really like to get back to the red and yellow look she started with.

And keep the Lee Moder floating hair. Yum yum.

Spark could do with a new look. Or Livewire. Their uniforms are too

similar and I'd like to see one or the other get a new look.

I'm not fond of the Imra pony tail but I'm glad to see that different

hairstyles are being used occasionally.

LLL

murray

Dan McEwen

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

Jacob W Michaels wrote:

> T. Troy McNemar, Esq. (tro...@indirect.com) wrote:
> > Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Jeff Moy (L* penciller)
> > and Joe Edkin (L* Annual #3 co-writer) were the guests on America
> > Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday, November 5,
> > 1996. Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the
> > DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat
> > is held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
> > (Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
> > McCraw, Roger Stern, Mark Waid, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd, KC Carlson
> > and Mike McAvennie.
>
> > ===============

> > Jeff reported that the Legion books needed higher sales before a
> > third book could be added to the schedule.
>
> Personally, I hope it doesn't happen. Much as I've enjoyed the Legion
> books in the short time I've been reading them, I think about what
> happened with the X-Men and would rather not risk that here. Two
> very good books are far better then 10 really lousy ones.

Actually, I'd like the higher sales, if only to insure that I'll always
be able to read LSH/L*. Also, increased sales allow be other projects
outside of ongoing books (like mini's and specials set in the 30th
century DCU).

--
Dan
fe...@lsh.org

Jacob W Michaels

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

T. Troy McNemar, Esq. (tro...@indirect.com) wrote:
> Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Jeff Moy (L* penciller)
> and Joe Edkin (L* Annual #3 co-writer) were the guests on America
> Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday, November 5,
> 1996. Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the
> DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat
> is held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
> (Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
> McCraw, Roger Stern, Mark Waid, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd, KC Carlson
> and Mike McAvennie.

> ===============
> Jeff reported that the Legion books needed higher sales before a
> third book could be added to the schedule.

Personally, I hope it doesn't happen. Much as I've enjoyed the Legion
books in the short time I've been reading them, I think about what
happened with the X-Men and would rather not risk that here. Two
very good books are far better then 10 really lousy ones.

Jacob

dscot...@aol.com

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

10213...@compuserve.com (Murray Fox) writes:

>I'm not fond of the Imra pony tail but I'm glad to see that different
>hairstyles are being used occasionally.

I really liked it as a change of pace. Aucoin really puts a distinctive
touch on every character he draws.

Dave Doty

Dan McEwen

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96
OTOH, I _do_ like the Imra pony tail. SW6 Imra had it, and I missed
seeing it after the reboot.

--
Dan
fe...@lsh.org