LSH cartoon on this morning

Wayne Garmil

Sep 24, 2006, 12:57:04 AM9/24/06
So how many people here saw the LSH cartoon on this morning? They
certainly found a way to solve one of the major potential problems I
foresaw: Superboy overshadowing the rest of the Legion. Using a
Superboy still learning his powers is a good solution to this problem.
I have no problem with Clark not commuting from the present every
episode, this will work better for the series as a whole if Clark is
staying in the 30th century for a while.

Good name drops on some of the missing Legionnaires, hopefully we will
see the Legion Outpost sometime soon. That is also a good way from
keeping Legion HQ from being overcrowded, not everyone is stationed on
Earth. This will also be a good way to rotate Legionnaires in and out
with a very easy explanation on where they are. Even Superboy could
pull some outpost duty, thus giving the series some space adventures.

My favorite part had to be that Chuck was one of the 3 sent back in
time to recruit Superboy. Now that is showing him as being important
right from the start :-)

The change to Triplicate Girl threw me off at first, I thought one of
them was Nura for a moment. I like the splitting of colors on the
costume, nice touch to the pre-Crisis Duo Damsel.

Any opinions on the major changes made to Brainiac 5? I am undecided
if this is good or bad, but at least it makes him more than just a big
brain and personal forcefield. If he turned into Dues-Ex-Machina Boy,
always having the right gadget to solve the problem, then I will be
sure this change was a mistake. So far none of the arrogance Brainy
has been known for, but it has only been one episode so far :-)

Overall, I am happy with this episode. Sure, I would love something
aimed a higher age group (like Teen Titans was), but this was not
dumbed done to Krypto level as I had feared. DC better get an LSH
Adventures book out fast to capitalize on this new cartoon. Maybe
draw in some new Legion fans to the regular LSH comics as a result.

Wayne

--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.