LSH: AOL Chat for 7/14/98: McCraw & Moy

Alex Tam

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98
Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) and Jefff Moy (L* penciller) were
the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday,
July 14, 1998. Legion of Super-Heroes Chat takes place every Tuesday in
the DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 PM EST. Legionnaires Chat is held
every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 PM EST. (Keyword: CHAT DC.)
Regular guests include Tom McCraw, Jeff Moy, Jason Armstrong, Ron Boyd and
Mike McAvennie.

Thanks to T. Troy McNemar who originated the Legion Chat Reports; so much
of the format of these writeups was derived from his hard work.

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the reliability of this report. Essentially,
the Legion chats involve about twenty-five fans shouting repeated questions
to the creators. The creators are sometimes unable to answer questions
thoroughly or clarify their responses. As a result, misinterpretations may
occur on my part.

SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
info from the more general comments.

SUBSCRIPTIONS: To subscribe to these chat reports, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lsh-chats". To
unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

PLUGS: To subscribe to Lev Kalman's humorous LSH pics, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lev-pics". You'll get a
new cartoon e-mailed to you about once every two weeks.

To browse this fan's STARMAN website, visit
http://users.aol.com/nachro2/starhome.htm

Finally, for all your LSH online needs, check out the Legion of
Super-Resources at http://www.idyllmtn.com/rac/dc/lsh/lsh_res.htm

:=========================:

The creators usually plot six to nine months ahead.

Tom should start on recoloring CRISIS #10 this weekend. He's all done with
L* #1,000,000, with Keith Giffen's LSH #1,000,000 to follow.

Tom knows which Legionnaires will appear on the SUPERMAN cartoon, but Mike
McAvennie will be the one to make the announcement.

Jeff thinks we'll see the return of Dirk Morgna before we see Inferno.

Tom confirmed that Violet's official codename is "Leviathan."

Jeff knows that one Legionnaire is gay but isn't telling who it is. The
character should be outed eventually.

Tom said there will be a couple stories where Rokk gets into "a good scrap
or two."

Jeff describes the characters in the #1,000,000 issues as the "Vertigo
Legion."

Something happens to M'Onel in LSH #111.

-- Alex Tam
gol...@intergate.bc.ca; Nachro2 on AOL

Danny Miller

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
In article <3.0.1.32.1998071...@pop.intergate.bc.ca>, Alex Tam
<gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:

> Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) and Jefff Moy (L* penciller) were
> the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday,
> July 14, 1998.

Jefff would, incidentally, be Jeff Moy's counterpart from Carggg...sorry. :)

> :=========================:

> Tom said there will be a couple stories where Rokk gets into "a good
> scrap or two."

However, with Rokk's magnetic powers, the scrap is easily disposed of.

--
"How are we doing?" "Same as always." "That bad, huh?" -- Harrison 'Han'
Ford + Mark 'Luke' Hamill, _Star Wars: Return of the Jedi_

monty...@hotmail.com

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98

> Jeff thinks we'll see the return of Dirk Morgna before we see Inferno.

This is good

> Tom confirmed that Violet's official codename is "Leviathan."

This is bad

> Jeff knows that one Legionnaire is gay but isn't telling who it is. The
> character should be outed eventually.

OK, I should wait to see how they do this, but I'll have to go on record early
saying that this is bad. The writers are having a hard enough time giving the
characters personalities, I'm guessing that whoever is the gay one will have
that become their defining characteristic. Of Course, that's worst case
scenerio; if they could pull it off like Fade in the badly missed Blood
Syndicate then I'll go on record saying I was wrong.

> Tom said there will be a couple stories where Rokk gets into "a good scrap
> or two."

This is good...I hope they aren't being all cutesy in the wording only to
have him end up in a couple of scrap heaps. I want some fights, dammit! (of
course this may be due to my recent exposure to the Cosmic Boy Death Page;)
)

> Jeff describes the characters in the #1,000,000 issues as the "Vertigo
> Legion."

This is...good? Hell I'm not touching this one

> Something happens to M'Onel in LSH #111.

As long as it involves Thunder ;)

Monty

<Off topic here, but I wasn't around these newsgroups during it's run...any
other old Blood Syndicate fans out there?>

Tim Soholt

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
<monty...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Alex Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:

>> Jeff thinks we'll see the return of Dirk Morgna before we see Inferno.

>This is good

The question is, did he mean that we've got one or both in the works, that
it's more likely someone will do the Dirk Morgna story, or that seeing
Dirk Morgna is insanely unlikely and seeing Inferno is even more insanely
unlikely?

>> Tom confirmed that Violet's official codename is "Leviathan."

>This is bad

This is cool. Has more pizazz than "Violet" and upholds the tradition of
reusing the codenames of the honored dead.

>> Jeff describes the characters in the #1,000,000 issues as the "Vertigo
>> Legion."

>This is...good? Hell I'm not touching this one

Doing different things with the concept is good. It'd be kinda pointless
to do a Legion One Million that was exactly the same as the regular stuff.

--
Tim Soholt (soh...@io.com)
"My dear man, `impossible' is not in my dictionary. In fact, everything

Tim Soholt

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
Alex Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:

>Tom knows which Legionnaires will appear on the SUPERMAN cartoon, but Mike
>McAvennie will be the one to make the announcement.

At this point I just want to know when the sprocking thing is going to be
on!!!

Chyde

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
Tim Soholt wrote:

> <monty...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Alex Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:
>
> >> Jeff thinks we'll see the return of Dirk Morgna before we see Inferno.
>
> >This is good
>
> The question is, did he mean that we've got one or both in the works, that
> it's more likely someone will do the Dirk Morgna story, or that seeing
> Dirk Morgna is insanely unlikely and seeing Inferno is even more insanely
> unlikely?

Hopefully, he meant that they're definitely GOING TO
reintroduce Dirk Morgna. Oh please. oh please!

He's still the only major character from the early Adventure
years who has been "snubbed" in the sense that he is not a
regular cast member. This bugs me.
--
---craig hyde ch...@SPAMSUCKSmath.arizona.edu---

(To e-mail me, remove "SPAMSUCKS" from the above address.)

pyth...@my-dejanews.com

Jul 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/18/98
In article <6ok7pk$h91$4...@hiram.io.com>,

soh...@dillinger.io.com (Tim Soholt) wrote:
> Alex Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:
>
> >Tom knows which Legionnaires will appear on the SUPERMAN cartoon, but Mike
> >McAvennie will be the one to make the announcement.
>
> At this point I just want to know when the sprocking thing is going to be
> on!!!

Ditto, Tom. I'm also hoping that the LSH appearence will boost the Triad's
popularity, which could only happen if.... >:-)

~ tracy (LLLuornu!!! The Triad for Leader(s)!!! ;-)