LSH: AOL Chat for 4/22/97 with McCraw, Peyer, Moy & Carlson

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Tom Peyer (LSH co-
plotter/scripter), Jeff Moy (L* penciller) and KC Carlson (LSH/L*
editor) were the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-
Heroes Chat for Tuesday, April 22, 1997.

Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the DC
Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat is
held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
(Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
McCraw, Roger Stern, Mark Waid, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd, KC Carlson
and Mike McAvennie.

DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
reliable. Stripped to their essentials, the Legion chats involve
approximately 25 fans shouting repeated questions at the
creators. The creators don't have time to thoroughly answer
questions and sometimes are unable to respond to clarification
questions.

SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
space separates such spoiler information.

SUBSCRIPTIONS - If you'd like to subscribe to these chat reports,
send an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com" with the message
"subscribe lsh-chats". To unsubscribe, send the message
"unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

GRAPHICS - If you want to subscribe to Lev Kalman's weekly
humorous LSH pic, send the message "subscribe lev-pics" in the
body of an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com". You'll receive a
MIME-encoded pic in your virtual mailbox every week.

CATCH UP - In an attempt to catch up on missing chats, various
information revealed in earlier chats has been inserted into this
report.

SPECIAL THANKS - To Alex Tam for providing a copy of the chat log
from which this report was generated. And special thanks to
Elayne Wechsler-Chaput for providing many logs that didn't have a
formal report.

===============

Peyer is working on LSH, MARVEL TEAM-UP, MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER,
and QUICKSILVER.

Jeff and Cory Carani are trying to set up a signing for L* #50 at
Keith's Komix in Schaumburg.

Alan Davis has turned in his pencils for the story that he and
Mark Farmer have done for LSH #100.

The creators pointed out that XS gets a lot of crushes.

KC reports that there are more Legion mini-series coming, but
it's too soon to announce any of them.

McCraw indicated that Sandy Anderson is Inferno's name until she
admits to another.

McCraw indicated that if Gates' real name is going to be
revealed, the revelation will be on the back of the poster in L*
#50. The back of the poster will be a full color roll call of
everyone appearing on the front.

There are a couple of minor costume changes coming. KC observed
that Zoe likes to change her costume a lot.

Lee Moder pencilled an all Koko page for LSH #94.

The Legion will play a small part in the upcoming GENESIS DC
Universe crossover.

Right now, neither Ferro nor Inferno are members of the Legion,
but something changes very soon.

There will be some interesting Work Force happenings in L* #51.

Readers will discover why Spider Girl, Evolvo and Karate Kid
didn't join the Mordru mission later.

There may be some new members after the Mordru battle.

There's an upcoming story concerning Shvaughn, Ultra Boy and
Apparition. McCraw observed that Apparition is dead and does not
need to eat, breathe or sleep.

McCraw is excited about Lee Moder's art on the Metal Men
appearance in LSH #95.

L* #53 is a Magno spotlight.

L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
Super-Heroes.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"Egeruoc."

S L Post

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

In <335e7efd...@news.goodnet.com> tro...@indirect.com (T. Troy
>===============

>KC reports that there are more Legion mini-series coming, but
>it's too soon to announce any of them.

I would like to see a solo Ultra Boy mini-series, an Invisible Kid
mini-series showing his 'spy' past, or a bunvh of stories in the old
'Legionnaires Three' concept.

>McCraw indicated that Sandy Anderson is Inferno's name until she
>admits to another.

Personally, I am looking forward to the Inferno Mini-series

>There are a couple of minor costume changes coming. KC observed
>that Zoe likes to change her costume a lot.

I just hope she keeps the green & gets the skirt back

>Right now, neither Ferro nor Inferno are members of the Legion,
>but something changes very soon.

If the problem is just the lack of flight rings then it's easy: Inferno
has one and they can get one for Ferro by demanding that irritating
twit from the Future tense storyline can fork his over.

>There will be some interesting Work Force happenings in L* #51.
>
>Readers will discover why Spider Girl, Evolvo and Karate Kid
>didn't join the Mordru mission later.

I'm guessing that McCauley sent Radion, Blastoff & Particon to disrupt
the Legion's mission and that KK, Spider Girl & Evolvo wanted no part
of it & quit.

>There may be some new members after the Mordru battle.

Well, I'm hoping that Karate Kid will be available. I would like to
see Andromeda back on the team and maybe the second Kid Quantum.

>There's an upcoming story concerning Shvaughn, Ultra Boy and
>Apparition. McCraw observed that Apparition is dead and does not
>need to eat, breathe or sleep.

Move on Jo, the romance is dead ;)

>McCraw is excited about Lee Moder's art on the Metal Men
>appearance in LSH #95.

Well, they can get away with looking long & stringy.

>L* #53 is a Magno spotlight.

Anyone ever see the old Simpsons episode where there was a mock 'Ned
Flanders' cartoon?

>L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
>Super-Heroes.

I'm hoping this means that there will be some members aged during the
Mordru/Eye fight & isn't another potential Zero Hour in the making...

Yeechang Lee

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:
> L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
> Super-Heroes.

Hmm--I hope this isn't a mangled reference to an upcoming meeting with
a preboot Legion. As much as I liked the pre-v4 LSH, I feel there
should be zero overt references to it in the current books, if only to
avoid those who even now seek a separate "v4 LSH" title. This Legion
should stand on its own.
--
http://www.columbia.edu/~ylee/

Ben Weiss

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997 03:25:45 GMT,
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com > wrote:

>McCraw indicated that if Gates' real name is going to be

>revealed, the revelation will be on the back of the poster in L*
>#50. The back of the poster will be a full color roll call of
>everyone appearing on the front.

So if there happens to be, say, Jacques Foccart as Leviathan II, we'll
find out, eh?

>The Legion will play a small part in the upcoming GENESIS DC
>Universe crossover.

Grumble. Can we make it a *really* small part, so we don't have to
buy it? :) Sprocking crossovers...

>Right now, neither Ferro nor Inferno are members of the Legion,
>but something changes very soon.

Ferro, next week?

>There may be some new members after the Mordru battle.

Aw, c'mon, no hints? Numbers?

>L* #53 is a Magno spotlight.

I suppose it's due, to find out why he's on the team (or why he'll be
leaving soon). When is Element Lad's?

>L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
>Super-Heroes.

Er...HUH?
Ben
eleme...@lsh.org

Sean MacDonald

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

>L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
>Super-Heroes.

"Golden Age Legion"? While I'd like to see the *Silver Age* Legion,
I'm not sure what to think of a Golden Age Legion...

--
-SM
"It seemed a dreadful injustice that these wise races should

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

SUDDENLY, yl...@columbia.edu (Yeechang Lee), wrote:
> T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:

SPOILERS

> > L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
> > Super-Heroes.
>

> Hmm--I hope this isn't a mangled reference to an upcoming meeting with
> a preboot Legion.

Nope. No typos, no imaginary Legion chats. Golden Age LSH.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com

"Ll'i eb kcab."
--Zatanna Schwarzenegger
Favorite comic of the week: QUANTUM & WOODY #3
Runner up: CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN #5

Paul Tom Zalac

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, T. Troy McNemar, Esq. wrote:

> SUDDENLY, yl...@columbia.edu (Yeechang Lee), wrote:
> > T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:
>

> SPOILERS

> > > L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
> > > Super-Heroes.
> >
> > Hmm--I hope this isn't a mangled reference to an upcoming meeting with
> > a preboot Legion.
>
> Nope. No typos, no imaginary Legion chats. Golden Age LSH.

I was at the imaginary legion chat.. i got a little more info there.
soon..

Carl Fink

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

SPOILLERs all removed, you're safe.

In article <62850.w...@gold.tc.umn.edu>,
"Ben Weiss" <weis...@gold.tc.umn.edu> wrote:

>Grumble. Can we make it a *really* small part, so we don't have to
>buy it? :) Sprocking crossovers...

Don't buy it.

I mean it -- the only way to discourage crossovers is to stop buying
them.

I didn't buy FINAL NIGHT, and I don't feel that I missed a thing.
--
Carl Fink ca...@panix.com

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the
exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them."
- Frederick Douglass

duke

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

<5jln8b$n...@maze.dpo.uab.edu>...

> >L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
> >Super-Heroes.
>

> "Golden Age Legion"? While I'd like to see the *Silver Age* Legion,
> I'm not sure what to think of a Golden Age Legion...

Hmmm......will we finally be seeing the Earth-2 LSH? :)

Duggy

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, T. Troy McNemar, Esq. wrote:

> SUDDENLY, yl...@columbia.edu (Yeechang Lee), wrote:
> > T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:
>

> SPOILERS

> > > L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
> > > Super-Heroes.

> > Hmm--I hope this isn't a mangled reference to an upcoming meeting with
> > a preboot Legion.

> Nope. No typos, no imaginary Legion chats. Golden Age LSH.

The ones that existed before Crisis... but were never seen?

- Dug.

Duggy

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

On 23 Apr 1997, S L Post wrote:

> In <335e7efd...@news.goodnet.com> tro...@indirect.com (T. Troy
> >===============

> >Right now, neither Ferro nor Inferno are members of the Legion,
> >but something changes very soon.

> If the problem is just the lack of flight rings then it's easy: Inferno

> has one and they can get one for Ferro by demanding that irritating
> twit from the Future tense storyline can fork his over.

But he gave it away...

> >L* #54 will include a meeting with the Golden Age Legion of
> >Super-Heroes.

> I'm hoping this means that there will be some members aged during the

> Mordru/Eye fight & isn't another potential Zero Hour in the making...

More likely it's an "imaginary" story...

- Dug.

WildCard

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

In article <N5+Xzgen...@panix.com>, Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:
>SPOILLERs all removed, you're safe.
>
>In article <62850.w...@gold.tc.umn.edu>,
>"Ben Weiss" <weis...@gold.tc.umn.edu> wrote:
>
>>Grumble. Can we make it a *really* small part, so we don't have to
>>buy it? :) Sprocking crossovers...
>
>Don't buy it.
>
>I didn't buy FINAL NIGHT, and I don't feel that I missed a thing.

I bought the four miniseris issues because I recognised this was a
retelling of the Sacrafice of Ferro Lad story, and filed it with my
Legion collection. As for the crossovers, I didn't get anything that
was not part of a series I didn't already collect.

Does this mean I supported the crossover?

Wayne

--
_ __ _ __ | I see the girls walk by dressed in
' ) / // / / ) / | their summer clothes, I have to turn

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

SUDDENLY, wild...@io.com (WildCard), wrote:
> In article <N5+Xzgen...@panix.com>, Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:

> >I didn't buy FINAL NIGHT, and I don't feel that I missed a thing.
>
> I bought the four miniseris issues because I recognised this was a
> retelling of the Sacrafice of Ferro Lad story, and filed it with my
> Legion collection. As for the crossovers, I didn't get anything that
> was not part of a series I didn't already collect.
> Does this mean I supported the crossover?

If you bought it, you supported it. If you liked it, don't give it another
thought. If you didn't like it . . . .

Well, you're not alone in being an AR Legion collector. :)

As for myself, I liked FINAL NIGHT.