RETRY: LSH: AOL Chat for 1/13/98: McCraw, Moy & Boyd

Nachro2

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98

(Alright, once again I'm making a second attempt to post a chat report. Last
week my regular newsserver was on the fritz. This week, Dejanews is being a
pain even if their confirmation notice *did* claim I successfully made a post
to racdl. So from now on, I'm posting here from AOHell. Phew....NOT a good
way to start off my chat reports on Usenet...)

Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Jeff Moy (L* penciller), and Ron
Boyd (LSH inker) were the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-Heroes
Chat for Tuesday, January 13, 1998. Legion of Super-Heroes Chat takes
place every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 PM EST.
Legionnaires Chat is held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 PM EST.
(Keyword: CHAT DC.) Regular guests include Tom McCraw, Tom Peyer, Jeff
Moy, Jason Armstrong, Ron Boyd and Mike McAvennie.

Thanks to T. Troy McNemar who originated the Legion Chat Reports; so much
of the format of these writeups was derived from his hard work.

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the reliability of this report. Essentially,
the Legion chats involve about thirty-five fans shouting repeated questions
to the creators. The creators are sometimes unable to answer questions
thoroughly or clarify their responses. As a result, misinterpretations may
occur on my part.

SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
info from the more general comments.

SUBSCRIPTIONS: To subscribe to these chat reports, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lsh-chats". To
unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

PLUGS: To subscribe to Lev Kalman's humorous LSH pics, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lev-pics". You'll get a
new cartoon e-mailed to you about once per week.

To browse this fan's STARMAN website, visit
http://users.aol.com/nachro2/starhome.htm

Finally, for all your LSH online needs, check out the Legion of
Super-Resources at http://www.idyllmtn.com/rac/dc/lsh/lsh_res.htm

:=========================:

Jeff signed a contract for his fifth year in pencilling L*. Right now,
he's finishing up #61.

The cross-continuity between the Legion books will remain, along with
single-issue stories.

Tom doesn't think the Legion will participate in this year's annual DCU
crossover.

Tom doesn't know if the Legion girls will receive a one-shot during the
last week of April, when several DCU females will star in their own specials.

Spark's powers are once again only electrical, and she is just as powerful
as before. She can still combine her electricity with Live Wire's to
create an extra-powerful blast. While a costume redesign for her is
possible, it's not happening yet.

The creators have plans for the "F-203" mission that Cosmic Boy mentioned
in L* #57; for now, it's an untold Legion story and we have a while to wait
before learning about it.

The upcoming Dark Circle six-parter runs through both Legion books. While
there have already been hints in the books, the story officially starts in
L* #62.

FLASH penciller Paul Ryan will be working on a Legion project, but it's too
early to tell anything else.

Tom doesn't know when the next reader election for leader will take place.
He doesn't think there'll be a reader vote for new members. But, there
will be a change in Legion leadership soon.

--Alex Tam
gol...@intergate.bc.ca; Nachro2 on AOL

Don Brinker's *REALLY* Long Lost Evil Twin

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

On 16 Jan 1998 05:20:43 GMT, nac...@aol.com (Nachro2) wrote:

>Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Jeff Moy (L* penciller), and Ron
>Boyd (LSH inker) were the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-Heroes
>Chat for Tuesday, January 13, 1998. Legion of Super-Heroes Chat takes
>place every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 PM EST.
>Legionnaires Chat is held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 PM EST.
>(Keyword: CHAT DC.) Regular guests include Tom McCraw, Tom Peyer, Jeff
>Moy, Jason Armstrong, Ron Boyd and Mike McAvennie.

>Tom doesn't think the Legion will participate in this year's annual DCU
>crossover.

And there was much rejoicing...

>Tom doesn't know if the Legion girls will receive a one-shot during the
>last week of April, when several DCU females will star in their own specials.

Well, if Moy has any say in it, we know who'll be in it if it happens
:-)

>The creators have plans for the "F-203" mission that Cosmic Boy mentioned
>in L* #57; for now, it's an untold Legion story and we have a while to wait
>before learning about it.

As long as they don't keep foreshadowing it over and over AND OVER.
You build up a story too much and it's going to be a letdown no matter
how good it is. Look at the "Newcastle" story in Hellblazer for an
example.

>FLASH penciller Paul Ryan will be working on a Legion project, but it's too
>early to tell anything else.

Cool. It's good to see that *somebody* at DC has respect for his
work. (Yes, I'm still cranky about him being scapegoated for the drop
in Flash sales) Besides, it continues the... er, short tradition of
Flash artists working on the Legion (I would've sworn there were more
than him and LaRoque, but my mind's blanking now. ANyone?)

>Tom doesn't know when the next reader election for leader will take place.
>He doesn't think there'll be a reader vote for new members. But, there
>will be a change in Legion leadership soon.

I thought they were planning leader elections every two real years.
Guess not.

Well, if we can't have a vote for new members, can we have a vote to
kill off members? Okay, put them on a bus to Ursa Major...

- Don