LSH: AOL Chat for 4/07/98: Moy & Boyd

Alex Tam

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Jeff Moy (L* penciller) and Ron Boyd (LSH inker) were the guests on America
Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday, April 7, 1998. Legion of
Super-Heroes Chat takes place every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online area of
AOL at 6:00 PM EST. Legionnaires Chat is held every Thursday in the same
area at 10:00 PM EST. (Keyword: CHAT DC.) Regular guests include Tom
McCraw, Jeff Moy, Jason Armstrong, Ron Boyd and Mike McAvennie.

Thanks to T. Troy McNemar who originated the Legion Chat Reports; so much
of the format of these writeups was derived from his hard work.

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the reliability of this report. Essentially,
the Legion chats involve about twenty-five fans shouting repeated questions
to the creators. The creators are sometimes unable to answer questions
thoroughly or clarify their responses. As a result, misinterpretations may
occur on my part.

SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
info from the more general comments.

SUBSCRIPTIONS: To subscribe to these chat reports, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lsh-chats". To
unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

PLUGS: To subscribe to Lev Kalman's humorous LSH pics, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lev-pics". You'll get a
new cartoon e-mailed to you about once every two weeks.

To browse this fan's STARMAN website, visit
http://users.aol.com/nachro2/starhome.htm

Finally, for all your LSH online needs, check out the Legion of
Super-Resources at http://www.idyllmtn.com/rac/dc/lsh/lsh_res.htm

:=========================:

Jason Armstrong is leaving his LSH pencilling post due to a change in
editorial direction; no replacement has been announced yet. Phil Moy is
drawing L* #64, but Jeff didn't know if his brother would possibly draw LSH.

Ron is currently inking LSH #107, which he described as "gorgeous". While
there is a possibility of him leaving LSH, he's still inking ADVENTURES IN
THE DC UNIVERSE.

The creative teams are not yet set for the Legion books' DC ONE MILLION
tie-ins.

Jeff thinks it might be a good idea if they showed more formal training for
the Legionnaires.

Jeff is currently drawing the image for the prints that he and inker Cory
Carani will give out at this year's conventions (Motor City, Chicago, and
San Diego). Being a companion piece to the '96 print (which included
Saturn Girl, Spark, XS, Andromeda, Violet, and Triad), this will include
the humanoid women missing from that one: Apparition, Umbra, Kinetix, Kid
Quantum, Shvaughn Erin, and Dreamer.

Jeff said that new villains would appear after the millionth issues and the
fill-in, which is "something with Violet or Element Lad or Lyle".

-- Alex Tam
gol...@intergate.bc.ca; Nachro2 on AOL

SDelMonte

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

In article <3.0.1.32.1998040...@pop.intergate.bc.ca>, Alex Tam
<gol...@intergate.bc.ca> writes:

>Jason Armstrong is leaving his LSH pencilling post due to a change in
>editorial direction; no replacement has been announced yet. Phil Moy is
>drawing L* #64, but Jeff didn't know if his brother would possibly draw LSH

He's planning to impossibly draw it, I think.

>Ron is currently inking LSH #107, which he described as "gorgeous". While
>there is a possibility of him leaving LSH, he's still inking ADVENTURES IN
>THE DC UNIVERSE.

Gorgeous? Hmmmmmm. Kinetix in a bikini? :)

>The creative teams are not yet set for the Legion books' DC ONE MILLION
>tie-ins.

I'm not set yet, either.

>Jeff thinks it might be a good idea if they showed more formal training for
>the Legionnaires.

I'm not that keen on watching the LSH train in tuxedos and evening gowns.

>Jeff is currently drawing the image for the prints that he and inker Cory
>Carani will give out at this year's conventions (Motor City, Chicago, and
>San Diego). Being a companion piece to the '96 print (which included
>Saturn Girl, Spark, XS, Andromeda, Violet, and Triad), this will include
>the humanoid women missing from that one: Apparition, Umbra, Kinetix, Kid
>Quantum, Shvaughn Erin, and Dreamer.

He's discriminating against the non-humanoid women! Speciesist!

>Jeff said that new villains would appear after the millionth issues and the
>fill-in, which is "something with Violet or Element Lad or Lyle".

Or Lelement Ad or Liotel or Vile?

Simon DelMonte
"You can't go home again. But apparently you can shop there." - Martin Q.
Blank, "Grosse Pointe Blank"

JDTaylor00

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98
>Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> writes: on the subject of >LSH: AOL Chat for
4/07/98: Moy & Boyd

whereupon whined >: sdel...@aol.com (SDelMonte)
<199804090203...@ladder03.news.aol.com>

>He's discriminating against the non-humanoid women!
>>Speciesist!

Just for you, dear boy: the Monstress centerfold. And we'll let everyone know
it's at your request. <grin>

SDelMonte

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

In article <199804101016...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
jdtay...@aol.com (JDTaylor00) writes:

>>He's discriminating against the non-humanoid women!
>>>Speciesist!
>>>

>Just for you, dear boy: the Monstress centerfold. And we'll let everyone
>know
>it's at your request. <grin>

You too are a speciesist. Monstress is still humanoid. I am referring to the
blatant discrimination against Sensor and Blobetta. Jeff will rue the day he
ignored these valiant heroes.

Simon DelMonte
Beating yet another dead humor horse