LSH: AOL Chat for 2/26/98: Tom McCraw

Alex Tam

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) was the guest on America Online's
Legionnaires Chat for Thursday, February 26, 1998. Legion of Super-Heroes
Chat takes place every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00
PM EST. Legionnaires Chat is held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00
PM EST. (Keyword: CHAT DC.) Regular guests include Tom McCraw, Jeff Moy,
Jason Armstrong, Ron Boyd and Mike McAvennie.

Thanks to T. Troy McNemar who originated the Legion Chat Reports; so much
of the format of these writeups was derived from his hard work.

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the reliability of this report. Essentially,
the Legion chats involve about twenty-five fans shouting repeated questions
to the creators. The creators are sometimes unable to answer questions
thoroughly or clarify their responses. As a result, misinterpretations may
occur on my part.

SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
info from the more general comments.

SUBSCRIPTIONS: To subscribe to these chat reports, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lsh-chats". To
unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

PLUGS: To subscribe to Lev Kalman's humorous LSH pics, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lev-pics". You'll get a
new cartoon e-mailed to you about once every two weeks.

To browse this fan's STARMAN website, visit
http://users.aol.com/nachro2/starhome.htm

Finally, for all your LSH online needs, check out the Legion of
Super-Resources at http://www.idyllmtn.com/rac/dc/lsh/lsh_res.htm

:=========================:

There haven't been any Legion-related contests in WIZARD, since Wizard
hasn't shown an interest.

Tom noted that the creative team is trying to show the Legionnaires in
street clothes more often.

No plans for Dev-Em.

Tom would like to forget the Network subplot introduced in SOVEREIGN SEVEN
PLUS #1.

Tom thinks kids in the 30th Century have Legion action figures.

Chuck and Tenzil aren't joining soon, since neither of them has powers.

Spider-Girl is still in the Workforce because she likes the money.

The framing device of LEGENDS OF THE LEGION takes place "[whenever] you
think it fits".

The Legion won't appear in the upcoming ADVENTURE COMICS 80-PAGE GIANT.

Imra finds Nura to be a pain. If she wanted to, Imra could probably give a
"mindzap" to Nura.

Spider-Girl was eating a banyo fruit (its first actual appearance) in LSH
#103. Tom didn't know if the postboot has a Leeta87 who died from slipping
on a banyo peel.

A possible explanation for Kid Quantum II's apparent ability to fly is
penciller Jason Armstrong's assumption that she could use her powers to do
so. Her real name is Jasmine; LSH #104 will confirm whether that's the
correct spelling.

The third of Tinya's bodies is not Phantom Girl.

There is no relation between the space anomaly and the Sun-Eater. If they
got into a 'fight', the anomaly would surely win. The space anomaly is
also unrelated to the Planetary Chance Machine.

We'll see that Karate Kid is very much driven by honor. He wouldn't kill
Monstress because there would be no honor in that. Tom promised that
someday, there'll be a scene featuring Val training together with Luornu.

Mantis Morlo may return, but not soon.

Tom hinted that Lyle won't quit, since he has to oversee the Espionage
Squad mission.

The Workforce will gain some new members soon, whom we haven't seen
postboot. At least one of them will be recognizable from preboot. Tom
hinted that Tyroc and Timber Wolf wouldn't join.

There might be a harkening back to the Shooter period soon.

Timber Wolf's untold meeting with the Legion will be addressed, as soon as
scheduling permits.

Tom mentioned some "really cool" plans for the two Legion books' DC ONE
MILLION tie-ins. It's likely he'll co-write and color those issues, as
usual. Thunder won't show up in them, but in another Legion story (ED. - I
don't know whether he meant in the regular books, or perhaps a special.)

-- Alex Tam
gol...@intergate.bc.ca; Nachro2 on AOL

plaid lad!

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

Alex Tam wrote in message
<3.0.1.32.1998022...@pop.intergate.bc.ca>...

[[from the chat report...]]

>Chuck and Tenzil aren't joining soon, since neither of them has powers.

what?!

okay, chuck i can understand. but tenzil? c'mon! he can eat ANYTHING! sure,
it's not like he's on the same power level as valor or cosmic scum weasel,
but kem's a bright kid! he could make is power work for the team if he
wanted too.

tenzil kem doesn't have any powers? that's like saying, "jenni can't be a
member of the legion. all she does is run *really* fast. what the heck kind
of power is that?"

i don't think it's a matter of tenzil not having any powers. i think it's a
matter of not having the imagination to use tenzil creatively.

-plaid lad!-

TKFlick02

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

Plaid Lad wrote:

>what?!
>
>okay, chuck i can understand. but tenzil? c'mon! he can eat ANYTHING! sure,
>it's not like he's on the same power level as valor or cosmic scum weasel,
>but kem's a bright kid! he could make is power work for the team if he
>wanted too.
>
>tenzil kem doesn't have any powers? that's like saying, "jenni can't be a
>member of the legion. all she does is run *really* fast. what the heck kind
>of power is that?"

I had the same reaction during the chat... and when i questioned tom about it
Johanna immediately began to make excuses. Tom never did respond to me when I
asked if that meant that he didn't consider Tenzil's matter-eating to be a
power.

Tim

Ben Weiss

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

Alex Tam wrote:

> Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) was the guest on America Online's
> Legionnaires Chat for Thursday, February 26, 1998. Legion of Super-Heroes
> Chat takes place every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00
> PM EST. Legionnaires Chat is held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00
> PM EST. (Keyword: CHAT DC.) Regular guests include Tom McCraw, Jeff Moy,
> Jason Armstrong, Ron Boyd and Mike McAvennie.
>
> Thanks to T. Troy McNemar who originated the Legion Chat Reports; so much
> of the format of these writeups was derived from his hard work.
>
> DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the reliability of this report. Essentially,
> the Legion chats involve about twenty-five fans shouting repeated questions
> to the creators. The creators are sometimes unable to answer questions
> thoroughly or clarify their responses. As a result, misinterpretations may
> occur on my part.
>
> SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
> toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
> info from the more general comments.
>
> SUBSCRIPTIONS: To subscribe to these chat reports, send an e-mail to
> "majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lsh-chats". To
> unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.
>

> :=========================:
>

> Chuck and Tenzil aren't joining soon, since neither of them has powers.

Being able to bite, chew, swallow and digest an enemy's gun isn't a
power? (I'd put Tenzil in the Subs rather than the LSH, but still...)

> A possible explanation for Kid Quantum II's apparent ability to fly is
> penciller Jason Armstrong's assumption that she could use her powers to do
> so.

What does she do? Stop time around her so that, um, gravity stops
working (help me here!) and, ah, the planet moves from underneath her
while she stays where she is?

Her real name is Jasmine; LSH #104 will confirm whether that's the
> correct spelling.

I dunno about the Aladdin associations. I'd have come up with a 30th
century name vaguely resembling Sarah, to honor whoever that fan was
whose ballot I lost.

Tom promised that
> someday, there'll be a scene featuring Val training together with Luornu.

Gee, were the Oracles2 at the chat, by chance? ;)

> Tom hinted that Lyle won't quit, since he has to oversee the Espionage
> Squad mission.

...Although Cham seems a natural choice, since we understand he'll be up
to some interesting stuff...all undercover, of course, with another
Squad member in tow. Otherwise, what pair? Jo and Tinya? Star Boy and
Monstress, who get retained on Xanthu for the benefit of the Affiliated
Planets?

> The Workforce will gain some new members soon, whom we haven't seen
> postboot. At least one of them will be recognizable from preboot. Tom
> hinted that Tyroc and Timber Wolf wouldn't join.

Although T-Wolf would be interesting. Hm. Of the preboot Legionnaires,
I'd put Dawnstar as most likely (since she started out as a bounty
hunter), or possibly Blok. I understand Kono will be otherwise
occupied. Catspaw would kind of make sense too. I like Troy's Nemesis
Kid idea, too.

> Timber Wolf's untold meeting with the Legion will be addressed, as soon as
> scheduling permits.

Great, so it'll be the issue after the Element Lad spotlight, then?
Ben
eleme...@lsh.org

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

Previously, tkfl...@aol.com (TKFlick02) wrote:

>I had the same reaction during the chat... and when i questioned tom about it
>Johanna immediately began to make excuses. Tom never did respond to me when I
>asked if that meant that he didn't consider Tenzil's matter-eating to be a
>power.

It was a solo chat, and Tom just physically couldn't respond to all the
questions. The fans outnumbered him by a substantial margin and he does
his best. He missed several of my questions, too. It happens, no big
deal.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"E'vI tsol lla tcepser rof uoy."

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

Previously, Alex Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:

>SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
>toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
>info from the more general comments.

>:=========================:

>There haven't been any Legion-related contests in WIZARD, since Wizard
>hasn't shown an interest.

What does WIZARD know anyway?

>Tom noted that the creative team is trying to show the Legionnaires in
>street clothes more often.

What's fashionable in the 30th century anyway? Hip huggers? Top hats?
Halter tops? Leisure suits?

>No plans for Dev-Em.

And why not? They can always use a Titanian who thinks he's a Kryptonian,
but who's really a Daxamite, who's sometimes a good guy and who's sometimes
a bad guy.

>Tom would like to forget the Network subplot introduced in SOVEREIGN SEVEN
>PLUS #1.

Has he tried hypnosis? I didn't have any trouble forgetting it myself.

>Tom thinks kids in the 30th Century have Legion action figures.

Which figure has the best accessories? And does the Triad figure really
split in half?

>Chuck and Tenzil aren't joining soon, since neither of them has powers.

Tom will reconsider after Tenzil eats all of his paints. And it's not like
anyone's going to complain if they give Chuck powers.

>Spider-Girl is still in the Workforce because she likes the money.

Besides, the best way of moving up the promotional ladder is being in a
company with a high resignation rate.

>The framing device of LEGENDS OF THE LEGION takes place "[whenever] you
>think it fits".

Right after LSH #100. Or maybe right after LSH #123.

>The Legion won't appear in the upcoming ADVENTURE COMICS 80-PAGE GIANT.

This is an inexcusable snub. Who is more associated with ADVENTURE COMICS
than the Legion? Even if the volume is devoted to the ADVENTURES universe,
they still should have worked in a LEGION ADVENTURES.

>Imra finds Nura to be a pain.

She's just tired of slipping in drool puddles in the Legion corridors after
Nura's been through.

>If she wanted to, Imra could probably give a "mindzap" to Nura.

Nura would know not to be around.

>Spider-Girl was eating a banyo fruit (its first actual appearance) in LSH
>#103.

Is that a tropical fruit? Does it grow in bunches? How does one peel it?
Does it taste good sliced up in cereal? Is it a good source of vitamins?
We Legion fans need to know these things!

>Tom didn't know if the postboot has a Leeta87 who died from slipping
>on a banyo peel.

Shanghalla road trip!

>A possible explanation for Kid Quantum II's apparent ability to fly is
>penciller Jason Armstrong's assumption that she could use her powers to do
>so.

Sure Tom, blame Jason! Maybe they posthumously issued a flight ring to
James and she got it?

> Her real name is Jasmine; LSH #104 will confirm whether that's the
>correct spelling.

Much better than Sarah, if you ask me.

>The third of Tinya's bodies is not Phantom Girl.

Is it Kitty Pryde?

>There is no relation between the space anomaly and the Sun-Eater. If they
>got into a 'fight', the anomaly would surely win.

See? Who says there's no intelligent discourse at the Legion chats? (But
Tom's wrong, the Sun Eater would kick the Anamoly's butt.)

>The space anomaly is
>also unrelated to the Planetary Chance Machine.

But it does like to play with the Planetary Chance Machine. In fact,
that's what's got Team Anamoly so fascinated--watching the spinning planets
and occaisionally getting bonked in the head.

>We'll see that Karate Kid is very much driven by honor.

Yeah, well except for the McCauley years.

>He wouldn't kill Monstress because there would be no honor in that.

He's wrong. There's plenty of honor in killing Monstress.

>Tom promised that
>someday, there'll be a scene featuring Val training together with Luornu.

Can a solo use Tri-Jitsu?

>Mantis Morlo may return, but not soon.

Boo! Hiss! Bring on Morlo!

>Tom hinted that Lyle won't quit, since he has to oversee the Espionage
>Squad mission.

But he could oversee the Squad's activities while vacationing on Winath.

>The Workforce will gain some new members soon, whom we haven't seen
>postboot. At least one of them will be recognizable from preboot.

I'm going with Nemesis Kid.

>Tom hinted that Tyroc and Timber Wolf wouldn't join.

At least not until we kill McAvennie.

>There might be a harkening back to the Shooter period soon.

Another attack of the female Legionnaires?

>Timber Wolf's untold meeting with the Legion will be addressed, as soon as
>scheduling permits.

Will that be before or after Thunder shows up?

>Tom mentioned some "really cool" plans for the two Legion books' DC ONE
>MILLION tie-ins. It's likely he'll co-write and color those issues, as
>usual.

When Tom mentions "really cool" plans, he means "really cool given the
ridiculous crossover idea that we have to overcome." Tom knows that it's
not wise to mock the company's lame crossover.

>Thunder won't show up in them, but in another Legion story (ED. - I
>don't know whether he meant in the regular books, or perhaps a special.)

Tom's dreaming again. Thunder won't ever show up in a Legion comic.
Carlin ate her.

Bala Menon

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com> wrote in article
<35006c3e....@news.supernews.com>...

> Previously, Alex Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:
> >Tom noted that the creative team is trying to show the Legionnaires
> >in street clothes more often.
>
> What's fashionable in the 30th century anyway? Hip huggers?
> Top hats? Halter tops? Leisure suits?

If the Grell years are any indication, it's bell bottoms all the way.

--
Bala Menon (b.m...@worldnet.att.net)

John J Troutman

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

Ben Weiss wrote:

> Alex Tam wrote:
> >

> > Chuck and Tenzil aren't joining soon, since neither of them has powers.
>

> Being able to bite, chew, swallow and digest an enemy's gun isn't a
> power? (I'd put Tenzil in the Subs rather than the LSH, but still...)

Don't forget that acid spit! I'd rather see Tenzil running the Legion
snack bar than in the Subs in order to keep him on screen. Chuck could
join right now, as Morale Master. :)

> > A possible explanation for Kid Quantum II's apparent ability to fly is
> > penciller Jason Armstrong's assumption that she could use her powers to do
> > so.
>

> What does she do? Stop time around her so that, um, gravity stops
> working (help me here!) and, ah, the planet moves from underneath her
> while she stays where she is?

She has the power to negate physics, like my idol Captain Everything.

Jeff Troutman
Now Playing: Rollerskate Skinny - Horsedrawn Wishes

David J. Snyder

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

In article <35006c3e....@news.supernews.com>,

T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com> wrote:

>>A possible explanation for Kid Quantum II's apparent ability to fly is
>>penciller Jason Armstrong's assumption that she could use her powers to do
>>so.

Well, sure. She can use her chronal field to slow down the air
molecules so that the air's effectively solid and she can stand on it.
Except she's kind of in a vacuum. Oh, never mind.

I say she's wearing a flight belt.

>>There is no relation between the space anomaly and the Sun-Eater. If they
>>got into a 'fight', the anomaly would surely win.
>
>See? Who says there's no intelligent discourse at the Legion chats? (But
>Tom's wrong, the Sun Eater would kick the Anamoly's butt.)

No, Tom's right. The Anomaly is the Fires of Creation. It would
just keeping giving out material until the Sun Eater couldn't
consume anymore.

Now, if the Sun Eater teamed up with Galactus to fight the Anomaly,
that would be a fight.

>>Mantis Morlo may return, but not soon.
>
>Boo! Hiss! Bring on Morlo!

Yeah, I want to see Morlo versus Gates. And I want Gates out of that
damn Anomaly and written by Peyer so he starts acting like Gates again.

>When Tom mentions "really cool" plans, he means "really cool given the
>ridiculous crossover idea that we have to overcome." Tom knows that it's
>not wise to mock the company's lame crossover.

Hey I like the lame crosover idea. I think a lot of the books are going
to suck, because most of the writers aren't up to writing stories
set in the eight bazillionth century, but the idea itself I like.

-Dave

--
"But -- but -- I'm so cute -- -- and spunky --"
-Taylor 88, QUANTUM AND WOODY #13

SDelMonte

Mar 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/1/98

In article <3.0.1.32.1998022...@pop.intergate.bc.ca>, Alex Tam
<gol...@intergate.bc.ca> writes:

>There haven't been any Legion-related contests in WIZARD, since Wizard
hasn't
>shown an interest.

Here's a little trick I use, Wizard-haters: I go to a Barnes & Noble and read
it there, for nada. And B&N likes you to do that!

Tom noted that the creative team is trying to show the
>Legionnaires in
street clothes more often.

I prefer that they buy their clothes in stores and off the street.

>No plans for Dev-Em.

Good. We can invite him for the holidays.

Tom would
>like to forget the Network subplot introduced in SOVEREIGN SEVEN
PLUS
>#1.

Consider it forgotten.

>Tom thinks kids in the 30th Century have Legion action figures.

Kenner or Toy Biz?

Chuck
>and Tenzil aren't joining soon, since neither of them has
>powers.

Tenzil can eat anything and has acid spit! Aren't those powers anymore? (Not
that I think those are enough to qualify for LSH membership).

Spider-Girl is still in the Workforce because she likes the
>money.

And the privacy, it would seem. How many WFers are left, two?

The framing device of LEGENDS OF THE LEGION takes place "[whenever]
>you
think it fits".

It was a Tuesday.

The Legion won't appear in the upcoming ADVENTURE COMICS
>80-PAGE GIANT.

I demand a recount!

Imra finds Nura to be a pain. If she wanted to, Imra could

>probably give a
"mindzap" to Nura.

Yeah, but Nura could tell Imra how the next Star Wars film ends.

#103. Tom didn't know if the postboot has a

>Leeta87 who died from slipping
on a banyo peel.

I thought Leeta87 died from laughter at the sight of so preposterous a fruit.

A possible explanation for
>Kid Quantum II's apparent ability to fly is
penciller Jason Armstrong's
>assumption that she could use her powers to do

so. Her real name is Jasmine;

>LSH #104 will confirm whether that's the
correct spelling.

No, she can fly because her boyfriend is Aladdin and he loaned her his
invisible flying carpet.

The third of
>Tinya's bodies is not Phantom Girl.

It's Phantom Lady!

There is no relation between the space
>anomaly and the Sun-Eater. If they
got into a 'fight', the anomaly would

>surely win. The space anomaly is

also unrelated to the Planetary Chance
>Machine.

Actually, it's related by marriage - the anomaly's sister married the Chance
Machine's nephew.

We'll see that Karate Kid is very much driven by honor. He
>wouldn't kill
Monstress because there would be no honor in that. Tom

>promised that
someday, there'll be a scene featuring Val training together
>with Luornu.

I see that the anti-Monstress forces were at work again.

>Mantis Morlo may return, but not soon.

Don't hurry on my account, Mantis.

Tom hinted that Lyle
>won't quit, since he has to oversee the Espionage
Squad mission.

What mission? The plot thickens...

The
>Workforce will gain some new members soon, whom we haven't seen
postboot. At

>least one of them will be recognizable from preboot. Tom

hinted that Tyroc
>and Timber Wolf wouldn't join.

What? No Tyroc?

There might be a harkening back to the
>Shooter period soon.

Here, Shooter period, here. Harken to me now!

Timber Wolf's untold meeting with the Legion will be
>addressed, as soon as
scheduling permits.

Tom mentioned some "really cool"

>plans for the two Legion books' DC ONE
MILLION tie-ins. It's likely he'll
>co-write and color those issues, as

usual. Thunder won't show up in them,

>but in another Legion story (ED. - I
don't know whether he meant in the
>regular books, or perhaps a special.)

I still hate this ONE MILLION nonsense.

Simon DelMonte
"You can't go home again. But you can shop there." - Martin Q. Blank, "Grosse
Pointe Blank"

SDelMonte

Mar 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/1/98

In article <35006c3e....@news.supernews.com>, tro...@indirect.com (T.
Troy McNemar, Esq.) writes:

>Much better than Sarah, if you ask me.

Hey, watch it! Two of my best friends are Sarahs. And so is Sarah Michelle
Gellar!

Simon DelMonte
Sarah Anti-Defamation League

Danny Miller

Mar 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/1/98
<gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:

> Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) was the guest on America Online's
> Legionnaires Chat for Thursday, February 26, 1998.

<snip>

> SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
> toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
> info from the more general comments.

<snip again>

> Tom thinks kids in the 30th Century have Legion action figures.

Which beggars the question...why don't _we_? :)

> Chuck and Tenzil aren't joining soon, since neither of them has powers.

Might this be a hint of anything...? Even so, they seem to take up
"enough" space in the books as it is....

> Imra finds Nura to be a pain. If she wanted to, Imra could probably give
> a "mindzap" to Nura.

Uh-oh.... So is Brainy the only one who gets (unjustifiably so) to bear
the brunt of Imra's wrath, or might the Legion actually decide to
functionally reject someone *else* socially? :P

--
Danny Miller
dami...@bu.edu

Don Brinker's *REALLY* Long Lost Evil Twin

Mar 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/2/98

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998 01:54:51 GMT, tro...@indirect.com (T. Troy
McNemar, Esq.) wrote:

>Previously, Alex Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:
>
>>SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
>>toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
>>info from the more general comments.
>

>>No plans for Dev-Em.
>
>And why not? They can always use a Titanian who thinks he's a Kryptonian,
>but who's really a Daxamite, who's sometimes a good guy and who's sometimes
>a bad guy.

Nah. Too simple.

>>Tom would like to forget the Network subplot introduced in SOVEREIGN SEVEN
>>PLUS #1.
>
>Has he tried hypnosis? I didn't have any trouble forgetting it myself.

Denial works too. I've heard rumors about a Saturn Girl/S7 crossover.
I'm just glad they never got around to making it.

>>Tom thinks kids in the 30th Century have Legion action figures.
>
>Which figure has the best accessories? And does the Triad figure really
>split in half?

Actually, that would be into three.

>>The framing device of LEGENDS OF THE LEGION takes place "[whenever] you
>>think it fits".
>
>Right after LSH #100. Or maybe right after LSH #123.

Nah. Right before LSH #1

>>A possible explanation for Kid Quantum II's apparent ability to fly is
>>penciller Jason Armstrong's assumption that she could use her powers to do
>>so.
>
>Sure Tom, blame Jason! Maybe they posthumously issued a flight ring to
>James and she got it?

Or it could be that Monstress is getting cranky and tossing around
Legionnaires again.

>>The third of Tinya's bodies is not Phantom Girl.
>
>Is it Kitty Pryde?

Nah, it's Paco Irons.

>>There is no relation between the space anomaly and the Sun-Eater. If they
>>got into a 'fight', the anomaly would surely win.
>
>See? Who says there's no intelligent discourse at the Legion chats? (But
>Tom's wrong, the Sun Eater would kick the Anamoly's butt.)

But the anomaly doesn't have a butt. It's a giant CD of doom! CDs
don't have butts to kick.

Now the Sun-Eater could probably scratch the hell out of it...

>>We'll see that Karate Kid is very much driven by honor.

Wow. Why does *he* rate his own driver? All the other Legionnaires
have to drive themselves.

Well, except for Star Boy, since no one'll let him near the wheel...

>>The Workforce will gain some new members soon, whom we haven't seen
>>postboot. At least one of them will be recognizable from preboot.
>
>I'm going with Nemesis Kid.

Nah. Gotta be Quislet. After all, he'd fit in so well with that
team.

>>Timber Wolf's untold meeting with the Legion will be addressed, as soon as
>>scheduling permits.
>
>Will that be before or after Thunder shows up?

I believe it's scheduled for the week after the heat death of the sun.

- Don

Leor Blumenthal

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

On 27 Feb 1998, Alex Tam wrote:

> There haven't been any Legion-related contests in WIZARD, since Wizard
> hasn't shown an interest.

Wizard has incredibly fickle taste. One month they love the Legion, and
put the Toms on the top ten writer list, the next month they read Quantum
& Woody, and forget about the Legion. (Not that Q&W is bad mind you, just
that Wizard is just really fickle.)

> Tom would like to forget the Network subplot introduced in SOVEREIGN SEVEN
> PLUS #1.

Everyone is trying to forget Sovereign Seven +. In fact the Time Trapper
has decided to create a pocket universe where the S7 never existed and
Claremont's writing is as good as it was in the seventies. The Linear Men
are actively working on the problem of removing S7+ from continuity. Imra
doesn't recall meeting S7, and says that the legends of Network are a
hoax created by some bored Titanian college students. The Living Tribunal
(of the MARVEL UNIVERSE) has declared the S7 persona non grata in the MU
due to S7+. Gates says that S7+ was a capitalist ploy to destroy the
Legion, but is generally ignored by the rest of the team. S7's press
agent has said that Network has "No Comment" about S7+. The X-Men noted
that S7+ wasn't much worse than the "Muir Island Saga", and want S7 to
stop whining about Claremont. X-Men spokeman Maggot had this to say:

"Ag, yeah maat, that there's some rubby writing, struesbob. But if them
prissy guv'ners think they got it bad then they can kiss my guava. Ag
yeah."

Sovereign Seven's press agent said the team would respond once they
figured out what the X-Men's statement meant.

> Tom thinks kids in the 30th Century have Legion action figures.

Of course they do! Kids love playing with Brandeco's JLA, Scare Tactics,
and New Teen Titan figures! Of course, McCauley industries often points
to their Workforce figures, (neglecting to mention they have been banned
across the UP after a Bismollian chocked on the head of an Evolvo figure.)

> Imra finds Nura to be a pain. If she wanted to, Imra could probably give a
> "mindzap" to Nura.

Um, isn't that against the law? I mean don't people have protection from
being zapped by Titanians with emotional problems? For that matter can't
Brainy sue Imra for all the headaches she gave him in the 20th century? I
mean come on, isn't there protection from crabby TP's who have PMS? The
Naltorian representative is going to be looking into this!

> Tom mentioned some "really cool" plans for the two Legion books' DC ONE
> MILLION tie-ins. It's likely he'll co-write and color those issues, as
> usual. Thunder won't show up in them, but in another Legion story (ED. - I
> don't know whether he meant in the regular books, or perhaps a special.)

These "really cool" plans had better be a lot better than Genesis. Of
course being better than Genesis is damning with faint praise.