LSH: AOL Chat for June 24th & 26th with McCraw, Moy & Boyd

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Jeff Moy (L* penciller)
and Ron Boyd (LSH inker) were the guests on America Online's
Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for Tuesday, June 24, 1997. Tom
McCraw and Jeff Moy were the guests on Legionnaires Chat for
Thursday, June 26, 1997.

Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the DC
Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat is
held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
(Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
McCraw, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd and KC Carlson.

DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
reliable. Stripped to their essentials, the Legion chats involve
approximately 25 fans shouting repeated questions at the
creators. The creators don't have time to thoroughly answer
questions and sometimes are unable to respond to clarification
questions.

SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
space separates such spoiler information.

SUBSCRIPTIONS - If you'd like to subscribe to these chat reports,
send an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com" with the message
"subscribe lsh-chats". To unsubscribe, send the message
"unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

GRAPHICS - If you want to subscribe to Lev Kalman's weekly
humorous LSH pic, send the message "subscribe lev-pics" in the
body of an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com". You'll receive a
MIME-encoded pic in your virtual mailbox every week.

SPECIAL THANKS - To Sidne Ward and Elayne Wechsler-Chaput for
providing copies of the chat logs from which this report was
generated.

===============

Jeff thanked everyone who voted for him and L* inker Cory Carani
in the CBG awards.

Lee Moder will remain on LSH until the 100th issue. No
replacement artist has been announced yet.

Jeff had just finished pencilling the first 7 pages of L* #55,
and Cory had completed L* #54. Jeff indicated that both Live
Wire and Star Boy appear in the portion of L* #55 that he'd
already drawn.

Phil Moy did some work for the MEN IN BLACK comics adaptation for
Marvel.

Tom noted that Cory kept busy inking, but he would like to see
Cory pencil something.

Tom has enjoyed coloring Stuart Immonen's artwork for the INFERNO
mini-series. Jeff commented that he's glad that he doesn't have
to draw the mall in which the series is set.

Tenzil Kem is 17 years old. Jeff noted that the majority of the
Legionnaires are 14-16, but that M'Onel is 18.

There are no plans for Timber Wolf at this time.

Tom joked that the creative team would bring back Tyroc as soon
as his island returns.

Tom believes that Lee started Koko's practice of imitating
Brainiac 5. However, he noted that it might have been Tom
Peyer's idea.

Tom doesn't know of any age restrictions on being a Legionnaire.
He thought that most older heroes would feel out of place in a
team with a bunch of teenagers.

Tom stated that Triad could beat Nemesis Kid.

Tom observed that there is no Princess Projectra in the Legion
books.

Jeff observed that Sensor does not have human facial expressions.
He tries to make Sensor expressive through body language. He
opined that giving her facial expressions would make her seem too
cartoony.

When asked if Radion would become Wildfire, Tom responded that
Radion was Radion.

The Metal Men were used in LSH #95 because Tom likes the
characters. He thought that Gold added more to the Metal Men's
color scheme than Veridium. Tom noted that without Gold, Mercury
offers the only warm coloration on the team.

Tom indicated that Brainiac 5 didn't take any spare
responsometers from the Metal Men because there aren't any.

Mousey had not appeared in any previous Metal Men adventures
prior to LSH #95.

Tom indicated that Brainiac Five was probably not aware of the
flaw in his force field that allowed Platinum to get through.
Brainy will fix the flaw.

Tom thinks Iron could beat Ferro because Iron is bigger than
Ferro. He noted that the iron shackles that Ferro broke were
thin. He thought that Ferro could easily defeat Lead.

When confronted with questions about Veridium, Tom indicated that
the Legion creative team had no real control over the characters.
He thought that the Legion team would be safe if they returned
Veridium in the same form that they found him. He further
observed that requests to use the Metal Men had to be okayed with
the editor who edited their limited series.

Veridium loaned his responsometer to Brainiac 5 at the end of LSH
#95. Veridium made the loan in order to upgrade himself.

Tom observed that the Metal Men's story with the Legion wasn't
over yet.

Jeff believes that Andromeda will continue to show up in times of
crisis.

Tom noted that readers saw Sensor's homeworld of Orando in L*
#49. We'll see more of Orando in upcoming issues.

Tom will be using a fairly simple palette of colors to match the
time period for the upcoming Golden Age Legion story in L* #54.
He would have liked to do dot screen printing for the story, but
thinks that 22 pages of it might be too much.

Upcoming stories in LSH involve Computo. In L*, upcoming stories
involve space.

Jeff indicated that Monstress' costume did not require much
change to be converted to the Legion vertical stripe format. He
modified her costume to make it work.

When asked if Monstress was a Khund, Tom pointed out that she's
the wrong color.

Jeff answered "umm..." when asked if Lori had an "H" Dial.

Jeff designed the costume for Fire Ball that appears on the cover
to L* #53. He described the costume as a "quickie."

A villain book for LSH in the final week of 1997 is being
discussed but is not a certainty. (A recent Newsarama reported
that the final week of 1997 would feature several of DC's titles
being "taken over" by super-villains.)

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"T'nod uoy rebmemer uoy dlot em uoy devol em, ybab?"

Scott Steubing

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97

On 7 Jul 1997 20:16:00 -0700, tro...@indirect.com (T. Troy McNemar,
Esq.) wrote:

>Tenzil Kem is 17 years old. Jeff noted that the majority of the
>Legionnaires are 14-16, but that M'Onel is 18.

Isn't M'Onel more like 1,018?

Scott Steubing
<*> ScottS...@worldnet.att.net <*>
<*> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/2355 <*>