LSH: AOL Chats for 9/15/98 & 9/17/98: McCraw & Moy

Alex Tam

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) and Jeff Moy (L* penciller) were
the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-Heroes chat for Tuesday,
September 15, 1998. McCraw was the guest for Legionnaires chat for
Thursday, September 17, 1998. Legion of Super-Heroes Chat takes place
every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 PM EST.
Legionnaires Chat is held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 PM EST.
(Keyword: CHAT DC.) Regular guests include Tom McCraw, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd
and Mike McAvennie.

Thanks to T. Troy McNemar who originated the Legion Chat Reports; so much
of the format of these writeups was derived from his hard work.

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee the reliability of this report. Essentially,
the Legion chats involve about twenty-five fans shouting repeated questions
to the creators. The creators are sometimes unable to answer questions
thoroughly or clarify their responses. As a result, misinterpretations may
occur on my part.

SPOILERS: Information that spoils current or upcoming issues is found
toward the end of this report. There's no spoiler space to separate such
info from the more general comments.

SUBSCRIPTIONS: To subscribe to these chat reports, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lsh-chats". To
unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

PLUGS: To subscribe to Lev Kalman's humorous LSH pics, send an e-mail to
"majo...@mlists.com" with the message "subscribe lev-pics". You'll get a
new cartoon e-mailed to you about once every two weeks.

To browse this fan's STARMAN website, visit
http://users.aol.com/nachro2/starhome.htm

Finally, for all your LSH online needs, check out the Legion of
Super-Resources at http://www.idyllmtn.com/rac/dc/lsh/lsh_res.htm

SPECIAL THANKS: To Jim Caldwell for his assistance in logging these chats.

:=========================:

Jeff's workload is about 5-9 pages a week.

Tom isn't yet finished with coloring the CRISIS "#4.5" special.

Chris Sprouse's L* covers start with #67.

There are no current plans for Tyroc or the Wanderers to return. Tom says
"maybe" for the Fatal Five and is "unsure" about the Subs.

It'll still be a while before TInya is reunited with her third body.

Tom noted that if the Multiverse were to return, "it could provide some
interesting times for the Legion."

Another teamup with Superboy is currently in consideration. If it happens,
the story will be "really surprising," according to Tom.

Tom is especially impressed by new LSH penciller Scot Kolins' pages with
Karate Kid and M'Onel.

It was the writers who decided the lineups of the two teams of
Legionnaires, who'll split up in L* #66. Otherwise, all the girls would be
in Jeff's book.

Thunder's real identity is very secret and she's not sure if she'll share
it with the Legion. She won't tell the Legion about their future, since
she doesn't know much of it. But the team will know she's from the future,
and not just Lori in disguise.

The spotlight shines on Lori in L* #69. When asked if she would become
Glorith, Tom teasingly replied that that would be too obvious, but she will
be changed in that issue. (Consider that maybe this "change" is just
another H-Dial identity.)

-- Alex Tam
gol...@intergate.bc.ca; Nachro2 on AOL

Tom Galloway

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98
In article <3.0.1.32.1998091...@pop.intergate.bc.ca>,

Alex Tam <gol...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote:
>It was the writers who decided the lineups of the two teams of
>Legionnaires, who'll split up in L* #66. Otherwise, all the girls would be
>in Jeff's book.

And this would be bad because?

OK, now *this* is a reason to call for new writers. :-)

tyg t...@netcom.com

plaid lad!

Sep 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/19/98

Alex Tam wrote in message

>It was the writers who decided the lineups of the two teams of
>Legionnaires, who'll split up in L* #66. Otherwise, all the girls would be
>in Jeff's book.

... and it would be called 'spark and the legionnaires!'

mind you, i would have had no problem with that... except that it think
would sound better as 'XS and the legionnaires!'

'course, that's just me...

-plaid lad!-