LSH: AOL Chat for 12/3/96 with McCraw, Moy, Boyd & Carlson

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist), Jeff Moy (L* penciller),
Ron Boyd (LSH inker), and KC Carlson (LSH/L* editor) were the
guests on America Online's Legion of Super-Heroes Chat for
Tuesday, December 3, 1996. Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held
every Tuesday in the DC Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m.
EST. Legionnaires Chat is held every Thursday in the same area
at 10:00 p.m. EST. (Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include
Tom Peyer, Tom McCraw, Roger Stern, Mark Waid, Jeff Moy, Ron
Boyd, KC Carlson and Mike McAvennie.

DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
reliable. Stripped to their essentials, the Legion chats involve
approximately 25 fans shouting repeated questions at the
creators. The creators don't have time to thoroughly answer
questions and sometimes are unable to respond to clarification
questions.

SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
space separates such spoiler information.

SUBSCRIPTIONS - If you'd like to subscribe (or unsubscribe) to
these chat reports, please send me an e-mail at
"tro...@indirect.com".

GRAPHICS - If you want to subscribe to Lev Kalman's weekly
humorous LSH pic, send the message "subscribe lev-pics" in the
body of an e-mail to "majo...@idyllmtn.com". You'll receive a
MIME-encoded pic in your virtual mailbox every week.

SPECIAL THANKS - To Elayne Wechsler-Chaput for providing the copy
of the chat log from which this report was prepared.

===============

Ron was working on inking LSH #91.

KC stated that LSH #91 was his favorite Legion title that has yet
to be released, but he noted that L* #50 was "really shaping up."

KC did not think that there would be a poster made from the
combined covers of LSH #91 and L* #47 because DC marketing does
not like to do posters from comic covers. He did give the
attendees his permission to bother Bob Wayne about the poster.

Jeff observed that WIZARD #65 has a lot of good things to say
about the Legion titles. (ED - It also features Jeff and Lee
Moder in its "Artists to Watch" piece, and gives a short article
about each of them.)

Tom stated that XS is one-half Black.

KC indicated that the creators hadn't discussed bringing back
Dawnstar much.

Jeff didn't know of any plans for the Time Trapper.

KC indicated that they would be showing more off-duty scenes in
the Legion books.

It was Tom Peyer's idea to introduce Brainiac 5's pet monkey,
Koko, into the books.

Tom stated that Brainiac 5 was extremely nice to Impulse in LSH
#88 because he was using him. When asked about Brainiac 5's,
"Give me a think," comment, Tom observed that Brainiac 5 can be
human.

KC thought that it was also Peyer's idea to give Impulse a set of
telepathic earplugs.

Jeff was working on some costume designs and/or redesigns. Any
redesigns were because the characters wanted to wear something
different. KC stated that some Legionnaires other than Kinetix
would be receiving new costumes, but he wouldn't reveal which
ones.

Jeff hinted that Star Boy would be punching Mordru.

KC observed that the Legion would be headed out into space after
L* #50.

KC promised that we would learn more about Ferro in LSH #93.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
Are you an easy mark? Descramble this .sig to find out.

Duggy

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, T. Troy McNemar, Esq. wrote:

>Tom stated that XS is one-half Black.

Hmmm... Dawn Allen - White, Mr Ognats - Black... makes sense... in fact
seems obvious.

---
- Dug.
|DISCLAIMER: Opinions are like| Paul "Duggy" Duggan. |
| arses... everyone has one, | <coe...@jcu.edu.au> |
| but mine's more important...| Official RASSM Cool Person |