LSH: AOL Chat for 5/27/97 with McCraw & Moy

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Jun 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/8/97

Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) and Jeff Moy (L*
penciller) were the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-
Heroes Chat for Tuesday, May 27, 1997.

Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the DC
Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat is
held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
(Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
McCraw, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd and KC Carlson.

DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
reliable. Stripped to their essentials, the Legion chats involve
approximately 25 fans shouting repeated questions at the
creators. The creators don't have time to thoroughly answer
questions and sometimes are unable to respond to clarification
questions.

SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
space separates such spoiler information.

SUBSCRIPTIONS - If you'd like to subscribe to these chat reports,
send an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com" with the message
"subscribe lsh-chats". To unsubscribe, send the message
"unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.

GRAPHICS - If you want to subscribe to Lev Kalman's weekly
humorous LSH pic, send the message "subscribe lev-pics" in the
body of an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com". You'll receive a
MIME-encoded pic in your virtual mailbox every week.

SPECIAL THANKS - To Elayne Wechsler-Chaput for providing the copy
of the chat log from which this report was generated.

===============

Tom wasn't certain if the upcoming mini-series would have "L"
numbers on the covers. He thought it would depend on how tied to
present continuity they were.

The art teams for the upcoming SECRET ORIGINS mini-series haven't
been fully decided yet. Phil Moy and Chris Sprouse are
contenders.

Tom indicated that an INVISIBLE KID mini-series would not be
forthcoming until he and Mark Waid had time to write it.

Replica flight rings and Legion Archives volume 7 will be
available in November.

Jeff indicated that Spark did not make the cover to COMBO #30
because she was stuck in the past.

Tom indicated that Alan Davis was too busy with FANTASTIC FOUR to
do any interior work for LSH. Jeff believed that Davis would
still be doing the Legion covers past issue #100.

Tom indicated that the Athramites take care of most matters at
Legion headquarters.

Tom would like to see more of the Subs.

SPOILERS

How Star Boy got his additional powers will be explained in the
upcoming SECRET ORIGINS mini-series.

Jeff warned fans to "get used" to Monstress.

Thunder will be joining the Legion at some point. Thunder is
from the Legion's future. Tom indicated that time travel will be
involved in having Thunder join the team unless she catches a
ride with the 20th century Legionnaires.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"Eh t'nod wonk em yrev llew, od eh?."

Greg Brume

Jun 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/9/97

In article <339d02f1...@news.goodnet.com>, tro...@indirect.com (T.
Troy McNemar, Esq.) wrote:

> Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) and Jeff Moy (L*
> penciller) were the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-
> Heroes Chat for Tuesday, May 27, 1997.

snip

> The art teams for the upcoming SECRET ORIGINS mini-series haven't
> been fully decided yet. Phil Moy and Chris Sprouse are
> contenders.

Based on LSH 94, I'd like to see Phil Jiminez tackle an issue; he has a
nice style reminiscent of Dave Gibbons, and does some marvelous
expressions (such as Ferro's sorrow seeing a little kid being terrified of
him.)

--
"There's no such thing as a pleasantly-surprised optimist"

Leif Olson

Jun 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/9/97
to ls...@mlists.com

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997 tro...@indirect.com wrote:

> Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the DC
> Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat is
> held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
> (Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
> McCraw, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd and KC Carlson.
>

> SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
> issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
> space separates such spoiler information.
>

> ===============

> The art teams for the upcoming SECRET ORIGINS mini-series haven't
> been fully decided yet. Phil Moy and Chris Sprouse are
> contenders.

Evander Holyfield is still the champ, and he'll be inked by Michael
Moorer.

> Jeff indicated that Spark did not make the cover to COMBO #30
> because she was stuck in the past.

Oh, come on. The suits weren't THAT skimpy.

> SPOILERS

> How Star Boy got his additional powers will be explained in the
> upcoming SECRET ORIGINS mini-series.

The rumors about the vacuum cleaner and the toilet paper roll are
blatantly false.

> Jeff warned fans to "get used" to Monstress.

Bleah on Jeff. Bleah, bleah, bleah.

> Thunder will be joining the Legion at some point. Thunder is
> from the Legion's future. Tom indicated that time travel will be
> involved in having Thunder join the team unless she catches a
> ride with the 20th century Legionnaires.

Wait, time travel WON'T be involved with the 20th century Legionnaires
getting back to the 30th century? My head hurts. Maybe it's all this
trying to think of a gift for Troy and Sidne's wedding.

Leif Olson
lol...@trinity.edu
------------------

SDelMonte

Jun 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/10/97

Captain Wiseguy Stirkes!

Troy McNemar, Esq.) writes:

>Tom wasn't certain if the upcoming mini-series would have "L"
>numbers on the covers. He thought it would depend on how tied to
>present continuity they were.

He may have implied that the "L" numbers used for the miniseries will be
square roots of imaginary numbers, allowing the editors greater latitude.

>The art teams for the upcoming SECRET ORIGINS mini-series haven't
>been fully decided yet. Phil Moy and Chris Sprouse are
>contenders.

And will square off in an upcoming bout at Gotham Square Garden in July.

>Tom indicated that an INVISIBLE KID mini-series would not be
>forthcoming until he and Mark Waid had time to write it.
>
>Replica flight rings and Legion Archives volume 7 will be
>available in November.

Replica? Drat. And here I was, ready to give up tokens for flying to
work.

>Jeff indicated that Spark did not make the cover to COMBO #30
>because she was stuck in the past.
>

>Tom indicated that Alan Davis was too busy with FANTASTIC FOUR to
>do any interior work for LSH. Jeff believed that Davis would
>still be doing the Legion covers past issue #100.
>
>Tom indicated that the Athramites take care of most matters at
>Legion headquarters.
>
>Tom would like to see more of the Subs.

Yes, but do they want to see more of him?

Simon DelMonte
"Gloating is overrated. I prefer living well." - James Wyler, "Murder
One"

Ben Weiss

Jun 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/11/97

On 8 Jun 1997 16:18:00 -0700,
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. <tro...@indirect.com > wrote:

>Tom McCraw (LSH/L* co-plotter/colorist) and Jeff Moy (L*
>penciller) were the guests on America Online's Legion of Super-
>Heroes Chat for Tuesday, May 27, 1997.
>

>Legion of Super-Heroes Chat is held every Tuesday in the DC
>Comics Online area of AOL at 6:00 p.m. EST. Legionnaires Chat is
>held every Thursday in the same area at 10:00 p.m. EST.
>(Keyword: DC CHAT.) Regular guests include Tom Peyer, Tom
>McCraw, Jeff Moy, Ron Boyd and KC Carlson.
>

>DISCLAIMER - Information presented herein is not guaranteed to be
>reliable. Stripped to their essentials, the Legion chats involve
>approximately 25 fans shouting repeated questions at the
>creators. The creators don't have time to thoroughly answer
>questions and sometimes are unable to respond to clarification
>questions.
>

>SPOILERS - Information that tends to spoil current or upcoming
>issues is located toward the end of this report. No spoiler
>space separates such spoiler information.
>

>SUBSCRIPTIONS - If you'd like to subscribe to these chat reports,
>send an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com" with the message
>"subscribe lsh-chats". To unsubscribe, send the message
>"unsubscribe lsh-chats" to the same address.
>
>GRAPHICS - If you want to subscribe to Lev Kalman's weekly
>humorous LSH pic, send the message "subscribe lev-pics" in the
>body of an e-mail to "majo...@mlists.com". You'll receive a
>MIME-encoded pic in your virtual mailbox every week.
>
>SPECIAL THANKS - To Elayne Wechsler-Chaput for providing the copy
>of the chat log from which this report was generated.

>Jeff warned fans to "get used" to Monstress.
>

>Thunder will be joining the Legion at some point. Thunder is
>from the Legion's future. Tom indicated that time travel will be
>involved in having Thunder join the team unless she catches a
>ride with the 20th century Legionnaires.

Grump. Two pieces of really bad news to find on my return from
vacation...
Ben
eleme...@lsh.org