In light of 4/30 AOL Chat...

John M. Dunn

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

For those who HAVE NOT read Troy's rushed chat report:

Well, let me be the first to start the speculation...

So, you're from the 30th century and going to be sent back in time
1000 years. Just what (or who) would you take with you?
Your options are:

Cosmic Boy
Live Wire
Saturn Girl
Triad
Leviathan
Chameleon
Invisible Kid
XS
Brainiac 5
Sparks
Andromeda
Shrinking Violet
Kinetix
Gates
Starboy
M'Onel
Element Lad
Ultra Boy

So, who's going to be where (when)?

Here's my guesses and why:
Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl: (30th) If only 1 or two go, the love
triangle would be ruined. If all three go, they sort of lose their critical
role in the 30th C as the Legion founders.

Leviathan: (20th) If Cos is in the 30th, that means the 20th c. team is going
to need a leader.

XS: (30th) Hmmm... She was just in the 20th C., and it's established that she
can travel through time on her own.

Brainiac 5: (20th) They said that there's a strong reason that Brainy doesn't
simply rescue them, and we know that Brainy can not work in the low tech labs of
the 20th C. from the Superboy crossover. Sounds like a good reason for him to
be there then... Since Rond Vidar also won't rescue them, it strikes me as
possible that he could be trapped in the 20th also...

Sparks: (20th) If Garth is in the 30th, then sending Sparks to the 20th would
be a great opportunity to develop her as more than just the female version of
Garth. Plus, it reduces power redundancy on the team.

Kinetix: (20th) We know that they Eye is associated with ancient tales and
LEGION showed us that there were 2 Eyes in the twentieth century. It wouldn't
shock me too much if she was the whole reason for the trip there. Thus, placing
her as one of the people in that time era.

Shrinking Violet: (20th) Based on recent romance, it strikes me as unlikely
that Vi would let Leviathan and Kinetix go off to another century without her.
I'd place her in the 20th.

Gates: (30th) Hmmm... A human sized insect wandering around Metropolis. Sounds
like a bad movie to me. I say he stays in the 30th.

M'Onel: (20th) Well, this strikes me as the perfect opportunity for him to
"seed the worlds." It never happened in the Valor series, and remains pretty
much unresolved post-boot. (That, and Lar insisted that his work had been
overstated...) I'd vote him into the 20th...

Ultra Boy:(30th) If M'Onel is in the 20th and Andy isn't on the team, I'd say
that Jo is going to stick around the 30th. The 30th c. team would be too
dramatically weakened with no one at Daxamite power levels. So, I'll put him in
the 30th.

Element Lad: (30th) He's the only source of Tarnium in the galaxy. If he was
missing, I'd imagine RJ spending his entire fortune trying to bring him back.

Triad: (30th) I don't see Lu's whole character as working effectively in the
20th century. I'm not entirely certain why though...

Starboy: I have absolutely no idea...

Chameleon: Send him back 10 years earlier and make him the Durlan from LEGION?
<g> Honestly, I have no idea where they'd put Cham...

Invisible Kid: With the secret admirer twist, it'd be interesting to put Lyle
in the 20th with Ayla and leave Cham in the 30th without her. I'd guess that
Lyle and Cham will be separated if only for purposes of character development...

Andromeda: She's left the team, and we've been told we won't see her for a
while. I'm guessing that Andy is a moot point.

--
#T#-#H#-#E#-#-#T#-#R#-#U#-#T#-#H#-#-#I#-#S#-#-#O#-#U#-#T#-#-#T#-#H#-#E#-#R#-#E
John M. Dunn Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4

Andrew A. Apold

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Andrew glanced up from his omnicon when he heard someone using John M. Dunn's account say:

>For those who HAVE NOT read Troy's rushed chat report:
>

>So, you're from the 30th century and going to be sent back in time

>1000 years. Just what (or who) would you take with you?
> Your options are:
>
> Cosmic Boy
> Live Wire
> Saturn Girl
> Triad
> Leviathan
> Chameleon
> Invisible Kid
> XS
> Brainiac 5
> Sparks
> Andromeda
> Shrinking Violet
> Kinetix
> Gates
> Starboy
> M'Onel
> Element Lad
> Ultra Boy
>
> So, who's going to be where (when)?

Rokk - been there, he's semi familiar with the place. Check.
Imra - Essential, for communicating without plugs, learning to not use plugs, and
she's been there.
Garth - If Cos and Imra go, he goes.
Querl - going. Neron didn't want to wait a thousand years, after all... and this is
a chance to get away from some restrictions, and find out about his ancestor
(whom he knows of), and get warned abou Neron...
Jenni - A must. She has to visit Bart. Plus, she can get back on her own and she's got
more log time in the 20th century than anyone except Lar...
Lar - going. Must seed the worlds. Must find a better way to say that.

Lu - tricky. What if two of them went and one stayed? Can they merge cross time?
Y'got Chuck, Lar, and the Kid. If any two of the first two go, she goes (2-1...)
Thom - What, stick around with Gim? They'll never make him go back to Xanthu from here...

Jo - a must. How else can he meet Phase? I wonder how many ex-L.E.'ers will show up?

Jan - would like to go, but if the Brande and the UP have any say the only source of
Tarnium isn't going anywhere...
Gim - not going. Mr. #2 in command has to lead something. Besides, too inconspicuous
whenever he sneeks around.
Kinetix - not going - Can't mingle (I know, Querl, but he never mingles anyways). Besides,
whichever half Kinetix is on, Querl will go on the other. And she'll never search
for the Eye on earth, anyways...
Chuck - Not going.
Tenzil - Not going, unless it was to trash the Anti-Gravity room.
Ayla - staying - keep in touch w/ home, and keep the lightning in both halves...
Gates - definitely not going. Scares people, no way home, and no delicious grubs in stores.
Cham - religious obligations ought to make him stay. Sides, spark is staying.
Lyle - ditto. And this way he and Querl won't get in each other's way for ideas...

Andromeda - not going, but not with team either. For now.

--
Andrew Apold (mor...@magg.net)
/**********************************************/

Elayne Wechsler-Chaput

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

John M. Dunn (jm...@po.cwru.edu) wrote:

Ah, I've been waiting for this thread. <g>

: S

: P
: O
: I
: L
: E
: R

: S
: P
: A
: C
: E

: So, who's going to be where (when)?

: Here's my guesses and why:

: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl: (30th) If only 1 or two go, the love
: triangle would be ruined. If all three go, they sort of lose their critical
: role in the 30th C as the Legion founders.

I agree, they're probably all staying in the 30th.

: Leviathan: (20th) If Cos is in the 30th, that means the 20th c. team is going
: to need a leader.

I don't think he'll be their leader in the 20th, but I agree he's
probably going there.

: XS: (30th) Hmmm... She was just in the 20th C., and it's established that she

: can travel through time on her own.

Without a doubt, Jenni stays in the 30th. Stern is co-writing the book
that takes place in the 30th, and Jenni's one of his favorites.

: Brainiac 5: (20th) They said that there's a strong reason that Brainy doesn't

: simply rescue them, and we know that Brainy can not work in the low tech labs of
: the 20th C. from the Superboy crossover. Sounds like a good reason for him to
: be there then... Since Rond Vidar also won't rescue them, it strikes me as
: possible that he could be trapped in the 20th also...

Everyone's pretty much saying this, but I'm split. I mean, the "whole
lot of Brainiacs" line would seem to be quite the clue, but I think I'm
going to opine that he stays in the 30th...

: Sparks: (20th) If Garth is in the 30th, then sending Sparks to the 20th would

: be a great opportunity to develop her as more than just the female version of
: Garth. Plus, it reduces power redundancy on the team.

Agreed all around. And if Ayla goes, certain others would seem to
definitely be going too.

: Kinetix: (20th) We know that they Eye is associated with ancient tales and

: LEGION showed us that there were 2 Eyes in the twentieth century. It wouldn't
: shock me too much if she was the whole reason for the trip there. Thus, placing
: her as one of the people in that time era.

Nope, I disagree. I think she's going to stay in the 30th. We haven't
been introduced to any other magical creatures (yet) from that era, and
there's that upcoming plotline with her and her mother, which I think is
going to set up an ongoing conflict.

: Shrinking Violet: (20th) Based on recent romance, it strikes me as unlikely

: that Vi would let Leviathan and Kinetix go off to another century without her.
: I'd place her in the 20th.

Even though it's not a matter of "letting," I believe Vi will go to the
20th. All Espoinage Squad members, I think, will go to the 20th.

: Gates: (30th) Hmmm... A human sized insect wandering around Metropolis. Sounds
: like a bad movie to me. I say he stays in the 30th.

I don't think he will. 20th is my guess. Co-writer Peyer is doing the
20th century book, and he *really* likes Gates.

: M'Onel: (20th) Well, this strikes me as the perfect opportunity for him to

: "seed the worlds." It never happened in the Valor series, and remains pretty
: much unresolved post-boot. (That, and Lar insisted that his work had been
: overstated...) I'd vote him into the 20th...

Been there done that. I think he'll stay in the 30th.

: Ultra Boy:(30th) If M'Onel is in the 20th and Andy isn't on the team, I'd say

: that Jo is going to stick around the 30th. The 30th c. team would be too
: dramatically weakened with no one at Daxamite power levels. So, I'll put him in
: the 30th.

For the reasons you mentioned, I'll put Jo (and possibly Tinya, if she
returns) in the 20th, since I think M'Onel is staying in the 30th.

: Element Lad: (30th) He's the only source of Tarnium in the galaxy. If he was

: missing, I'd imagine RJ spending his entire fortune trying to bring him back.

Good reasoning. I... I dunno. Jan's still a bit of a mystery to me. I
think he actually might play better story-wise in the 20th.

: Triad: (30th) I don't see Lu's whole character as working effectively in the

: 20th century. I'm not entirely certain why though...

I think Lu will be SPLIT - at least one of her will remain in the 30th,
and at least one will go to the 20th. Heh - I know I'm going to catch
*hell* for that one...

: Starboy: I have absolutely no idea...

If Gates goes to the 20th, I think Thom does too.

: Chameleon: Send him back 10 years earlier and make him the Durlan from LEGION?

: <g> Honestly, I have no idea where they'd put Cham...

I think he'd do better in the 30th, but he's a member of the Espy Squad
(I'm *really* starting to think the mishap will have something to do with
the Squad) so I think he's going where the others go.

: Invisible Kid: With the secret admirer twist, it'd be interesting to put Lyle

: in the 20th with Ayla and leave Cham in the 30th without her. I'd guess that
: Lyle and Cham will be separated if only for purposes of character development...

I disagree - I think Lyle's bound for the 20th. If nothing else, this
will allow reintroduction of Jacques. (See, I *do* pick up some pre-boot
stuff from time to time.)

: Andromeda: She's left the team, and we've been told we won't see her for a

: while. I'm guessing that Andy is a moot point.

Which means, she'll stay in the 30th.

- Elayne
--
E-Mail me, the "Firehead Head," for more info about the official ()~~
Firesign Theatre newsletter, Four-Alarm FIRESIGNal, available via ##

Jim Cowling

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Spoiler alert in title. You were warned.

rwla...@io.com (Randy Lander) wrote:
>> Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl: (30th) If only 1 or two go, the love
>>triangle would be ruined. If all three go, they sort of lose their critical
>>role in the 30th C as the Legion founders.
>

>Agreed. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the three founders
>staying in the 30th.

Nope. I'll bet money that they're the ones who are going to C20. Why?
Because then the Legionnaires who stay in C30 will have impetus to change,
and change makes for good plotting.

Spark will stay in C30, because her brother's going back, and considering
there's a lightning-wielding character called Sparx (soon to be a member
of Superboy's Ravers team, which is likely to crossover at least once
with the Legion) there'd be too much confusion.

>Hmm...maybe. I still don't think Leviathan's a competent leader. I can
>see him going either way. Especially as they're most likely going to
>lose some powerful members to the 20th century.

Either Leviathan or Invisible Kid will stay in C30 and become the new
leader. Chameleon Boy will stay in C30. Brainiac Five will go to C20.
XS will stay in C30. gates, being too non-human, will stay in C30.
Star Boy will go to C20, as the powerhouse of the team who would least
upset plot balance by going back.

Vi will stay in C30, because she's the new Emerald Empress. Maybe.
Same with Kinetix.

Element Lad should stay in C30. Triad will go to C20.

And those are my predictions. And shortly after it occurs, there will
be a whole whack of new Legion tryouts, I hope.

-------
Jim Cowling, moderator, rec.arts.comics.info
http://www.islandnet.com/~scowling
-------

Randy Lander

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

"John M. Dunn" <jm...@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

>For those who HAVE NOT read Troy's rushed chat report:

Rushed, but as always, appreciated. Thanks, Troy!

> Well, let me be the first to start the speculation...

Too late. <g>

>So, you're from the 30th century and going to be sent back in time
>1000 years. Just what (or who) would you take with you?
> Your options are:

(Roll Call snipped)

> So, who's going to be where (when)?

>Here's my guesses and why:

> Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl: (30th) If only 1 or two go, the love
>triangle would be ruined. If all three go, they sort of lose their critical
>role in the 30th C as the Legion founders.

Agreed. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the three founders
staying in the 30th.

> Leviathan: (20th) If Cos is in the 30th, that means the 20th c. team is going
>to need a leader.

Hmm...maybe. I still don't think Leviathan's a competent leader. I can

see him going either way. Especially as they're most likely going to
lose some powerful members to the 20th century.

> XS: (30th) Hmmm... She was just in the 20th C., and it's established that she

>can travel through time on her own.

Only with the help of a well-placed cosmic treadmill. Still, strong
odds on her not going, because as you say, she would know how to get
back.

> Brainiac 5: (20th) They said that there's a strong reason that Brainy doesn't
>simply rescue them, and we know that Brainy can not work in the low tech labs of
>the 20th C. from the Superboy crossover. Sounds like a good reason for him to
>be there then... Since Rond Vidar also won't rescue them, it strikes me as
>possible that he could be trapped in the 20th also...

I'm sure Brainy will be there particularly to meet the other Doxes.
But given that the 20th century team disappears in an explosion, why
do you assume anyone, including Rond Vidar, will be looking for them?
Why wouldn't they just assumed they had died?

> Sparks: (20th) If Garth is in the 30th, then sending Sparks to the 20th would
>be a great opportunity to develop her as more than just the female version of
>Garth. Plus, it reduces power redundancy on the team.

Definitely. If they're going to do this, they should definitely split
up the redundant powers.

Kinetix and Vi: No idea.

> Gates: (30th) Hmmm... A human sized insect wandering around Metropolis. Sounds
>like a bad movie to me. I say he stays in the 30th.

I'd pay good money to see Gates walking around in the 20th spreading
the seeds of dissent.

> M'Onel: (20th) Well, this strikes me as the perfect opportunity for him to
>"seed the worlds." It never happened in the Valor series, and remains pretty
>much unresolved post-boot. (That, and Lar insisted that his work had been
>overstated...) I'd vote him into the 20th...

Yep, golden opportunity. Which doesn't necessarily mean it will
happen.

> Ultra Boy:(30th) If M'Onel is in the 20th and Andy isn't on the team, I'd say
>that Jo is going to stick around the 30th. The 30th c. team would be too
>dramatically weakened with no one at Daxamite power levels. So, I'll put him in
>the 30th.

Unless Tinya is back or Tinya is Phase, in which case Jo is going
back. I'm betting he and Tinya will wind up together in the 20th.

> Element Lad: (30th) He's the only source of Tarnium in the galaxy. If he was
>missing, I'd imagine RJ spending his entire fortune trying to bring him back.

Most likely.

Triad and Starboy: No clue.

> Chameleon: Send him back 10 years earlier and make him the Durlan from LEGION?
><g> Honestly, I have no idea where they'd put Cham...

Like using him to tie up the Durlan from LEGION plot. But I'd bet Cham
goes with Ayla, unless they're throwing a major monkey-wrench into the
secret admirer plot.

> Invisible Kid: With the secret admirer twist, it'd be interesting to put Lyle
>in the 20th with Ayla and leave Cham in the 30th without her. I'd guess that
>Lyle and Cham will be separated if only for purposes of character development...

My vote would go to Lyle for taking over in the 20th and being Legion
leader.

> Andromeda: She's left the team, and we've been told we won't see her for a
>while. I'm guessing that Andy is a moot point.

Is it possible they've changed their mind? If they're splitting the
team, why wouldn't they want to take advantage of only one Daxamite
being available to each one?

I gotta tell you, this whole thing caught me completely off-guard. I
was expecting the announcement to be leader elections. Finding this
out was like a punch in the stomach. But I got over it and now I'm
speculating as usual. :)

rwla...@io.com<*>
My Home Page:http://www.io.com/~rwlander
This Post contains the opinions of one Randy Lander.
Had it been the biblical truth, your bushes would be
on fire.

Ravi Singh Sohal

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

Elayne Wechsler-Chaput (fire...@panix.com) wrote:

: John M. Dunn (jm...@po.cwru.edu) wrote:
: Ah, I've been waiting for this thread. <g>
: : S
: : P
: : O
: : I
: : L
: : E
: : R

: : S
: : P
: : A
: : C
: : E

: : So, who's going to be where (when)?

(trimming the reasons for those I agree with)
: : Here's my guesses and why:
: : XS: (30th) Just in 20th C so why return?
I don't know. She could serve as an introduction for them to 20th
century life. Unlikely though.

: : Gates: (30th) Hmmm... A human sized insect wandering around

Metropolis. Sounds like a bad movie to me. I say he stays in the 30th.

: I don't think he will. 20th is my guess. Co-writer Peyer is doing the
: 20th century book, and he *really* likes Gates.

Agreed. Gates is comic relief with a political twist. he'd be even
funnier in the 20th century. Also it stops him from trying to leave.

: : M'Onel: (20th) - Chance to seed the worlds

: Been there done that. I think he'll stay in the 30th.

Yeah, I agree. Also, if he went to the 20th century, he'd probably
stay. That's where his family and his culture is. I don't think he'll
return.

: : Element Lad: (30th) He's the only source of Tarnium in the

galaxy. If he was missing, I'd imagine RJ spending his entire fortune
trying to bring him back.

: Good reasoning. I... I dunno. Jan's still a bit of a mystery to me. I
: think he actually might play better story-wise in the 20th.

I think Jan'll stay in the 30th for the reason that anyone with the name
Element Lad would get laughed at in the 20th century.

: : Triad: (30th) I don't see Lu's whole character as working

effectively in the 20th century. I'm not entirely certain why though...

: I think Lu will be SPLIT - at least one of her will remain in the 30th,
: and at least one will go to the 20th. Heh - I know I'm going to catch
: *hell* for that one...

I think Lu would suffer from _severe_ depression if her bodies were
split. The Legion's too happy for this to happen.

: : Starboy: I have absolutely no idea...

: If Gates goes to the 20th, I think Thom does too.

Star Boy meets Starman! Both don't fit the standard hero model.

: : Chameleon: Send him back 10 years earlier and make him the Durlan

from LEGION? <g> Honestly, I have no idea where they'd put Cham...

: I think he'd do better in the 30th, but he's a member of the Espy Squad
: (I'm *really* starting to think the mishap will have something to do with
: the Squad) so I think he's going where the others go.

Well, while we're spoiling the future of the Legion titles, I get the idea
it has to do with the Emerald Eye (which doesn't invaldiate what you've
said).

: : Invisible Kid: With the secret admirer twist, it'd be interesting

to put Lyle in the 20th with Ayla and leave Cham in the 30th without
her. I'd guess that Lyle and Cham will be separated if only for
purposes of character development...

: I disagree - I think Lyle's bound for the 20th. If nothing else, this
: will allow reintroduction of Jacques. (See, I *do* pick up some pre-boot
: stuff from time to time.)

Maybe Cham will follow Ayla to the 20th C, and the two will develop a
relationship (or at least talk about the issue). Lyle will remain in the
30th.

: : Andromeda: She's left the team, and we've been told we won't see

her for a while. I'm guessing that Andy is a moot point.

: Which means, she'll stay in the 30th.

And maybe rejoin! (in a while)

Who else will join? My guesses:
Karate Kid
Sun Boy
Ferro
Chuck Taine

Hmm, this could be quite fun.

Neil Barnes

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

John M. Dunn (jm...@po.cwru.edu) wrote:
: For those who HAVE NOT read Troy's rushed chat report:

: S
: P
: O
: I
: L
: E
: R

: S
: P
: A
: C
: E

: Well, let me be the first to start the speculation...

: So, you're from the 30th century and going to be sent back in time

: 1000 years. Just what (or who) would you take with you?

A toothbrush, and the last few years worth of LSH (all 12 monthly titles;
after all we know this is a sophisticated future).

: Your options are:

: Cosmic Boy
: Live Wire
: Saturn Girl

I'd like to see Garth get the chance to lead the team, I think he'd be
good if he had to.

: Triad

Definately. Triad needs to meet Superboy again.

: Leviathan
: Chameleon
: Invisible Kid

Nah. Let them stay in the 30th C, so Lev has to deal with being leader
properly.

: XS

She's already been to the past, and could get back too easily.

: Brainiac 5

Just to resolve some plot threads, if nothing else.

: Sparks

The band is stuck in the '80s anyway. Ayla should go whereever Garth
doesn't. If she comes back to the present Lief will just get more
frustrated.

: Andromeda

Andy should stay in the future.

: Shrinking Violet

Vi should end up where ever Ayla does.

: Kinetix
: Gates

Gates has to come back in time, absolutely.

: Starboy
: M'Onel

Lar can finally get a chance to seed the Gandian worlds.

: Element Lad
: Ultra Boy

neil

Andrew A. Apold

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

Andrew glanced up from his omnicon when he heard someone using Neil Barnes's account say:

>I'd like to see Garth get the chance to lead the team, I think he'd be
>good if he had to.

I think it'd probably be about on the level of his last term in v2.
The job requires a level head. Wildfire made a better leader than
Garth...

David K. Johnston

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96
to mor...@magg.net

Ditto.
-Su

L. Post

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

In article <4m8umd$4...@nntp-1.io.com>, rwla...@io.com (Randy Lander) says:

spoilers

>> Gates: (30th) Hmmm... A human sized insect wandering around Metropolis. Sounds
>>like a bad movie to me. I say he stays in the 30th.
>
>I'd pay good money to see Gates walking around in the 20th spreading
>the seeds of dissent.

I am getting visions of Gates starting up some type of militia in
Montana to battle the evil, oppressive government. What would be even
better is if he did, then Lar Gand broke it up, saving the state, which
is renamed M'Ontana in his honor.

(thinks the whole split team thing is silly)

Randy Lander

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

scow...@islandnet.com (Jim Cowling) wrote:

>Spoiler alert in title. You were warned.

>rwla...@io.com (Randy Lander) wrote:
>>> Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl: (30th) If only 1 or two go, the love
>>>triangle would be ruined. If all three go, they sort of lose their critical
>>>role in the 30th C as the Legion founders.
>>
>>Agreed. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the three founders
>>staying in the 30th.

>Nope. I'll bet money that they're the ones who are going to C20. Why?

>Because then the Legionnaires who stay in C30 will have impetus to change,
>and change makes for good plotting.

Agreed, but ...

SPOILERS for July LSH issues...

The LSH #84 cover shown in Previews this month illustrates an
explosion with Legionnaires recoiling from it, most likely the ones
who are staying. In frame are Vi, Imra, Cos, Garth, and Gim. I guess
Lyle or Brainy are going to have to lead the team in the 20th.

Course, that could be interpreted as the explosion is blowing those
characters back into the 20th, which I also like.

Snap Judgements are archived at:
http://www.io.com/~rwlander/comics.html
This review is copyrighted 1996 Randy Lander, although
permission is granted to reprint it in whole or in part
for letter columns.

christopher j rednour,sa120a cd,244-5012,8

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

In a previous article, fire...@panix.com (Elayne Wechsler-Chaput) says:

>John M. Dunn (jm...@po.cwru.edu) wrote:
>
>Ah, I've been waiting for this thread. <g>
>

>: S
>: P
>: O
>: I
>: L
>: E
>: R
>

>: S
>: P
>: A
>: C
>: E
>

>: So, who's going to be where (when)?
>
>: Here's my guesses and why:
>: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl: (30th) If only 1 or two go, the love
>: triangle would be ruined. If all three go, they sort of lose their critical
>: role in the 30th C as the Legion founders.
>
>I agree, they're probably all staying in the 30th.

So do I. It would just seem "wrong" for them to go.

>: Leviathan: (20th) If Cos is in the 30th, that means the 20th c. team is going
>: to need a leader.
>
>I don't think he'll be their leader in the 20th, but I agree he's
>probably going there.

I think Leviathan will go. But I do think he will go.

>: XS: (30th) Hmmm... She was just in the 20th C., and it's established that she
>: can travel through time on her own.
>
>Without a doubt, Jenni stays in the 30th. Stern is co-writing the book
>that takes place in the 30th, and Jenni's one of his favorites.

Well, Jenni, IMO, will stay. (a) she just left, and her send off in
Impulse will be pointless, (b) she really knows too much about the 20th
Century and (c) this gives them a chance to use Lori in the 20th Century.

>: Brainiac 5: (20th) They said that there's a strong reason that Brainy doesn't
>: simply rescue them, and we know that Brainy can not work in the low tech labs of
>: the 20th C. from the Superboy crossover. Sounds like a good reason for him to
>: be there then... Since Rond Vidar also won't rescue them, it strikes me as
>: possible that he could be trapped in the 20th also...
>
>Everyone's pretty much saying this, but I'm split. I mean, the "whole
>lot of Brainiacs" line would seem to be quite the clue, but I think I'm
>going to opine that he stays in the 30th...

I think 20th, but no reason.

>: Sparks: (20th) If Garth is in the 30th, then sending Sparks to the 20th would
>: be a great opportunity to develop her as more than just the female version of
>: Garth. Plus, it reduces power redundancy on the team.
>
>Agreed all around. And if Ayla goes, certain others would seem to
>definitely be going too.

I can agree.

>: Kinetix: (20th) We know that they Eye is associated with ancient tales and
>: LEGION showed us that there were 2 Eyes in the twentieth century. It wouldn't
>: shock me too much if she was the whole reason for the trip there. Thus, placing
>: her as one of the people in that time era.
>
>Nope, I disagree. I think she's going to stay in the 30th. We haven't
>been introduced to any other magical creatures (yet) from that era, and
>there's that upcoming plotline with her and her mother, which I think is
>going to set up an ongoing conflict.

I'm split on this for exactly these reasons.

>: Shrinking Violet: (20th) Based on recent romance, it strikes me as unlikely
>: that Vi would let Leviathan and Kinetix go off to another century without her.
>: I'd place her in the 20th.
>
>Even though it's not a matter of "letting," I believe Vi will go to the
>20th. All Espoinage Squad members, I think, will go to the 20th.

I agree about the espionage squad.

>: Gates: (30th) Hmmm... A human sized insect wandering around Metropolis. Sounds
>: like a bad movie to me. I say he stays in the 30th.
>
>I don't think he will. 20th is my guess. Co-writer Peyer is doing the
>20th century book, and he *really* likes Gates.

I just can't get around the idea Of Gates in the 20th c.

-Chris
--
==================Ibis the Invincible=================================
Watch Doctor Who when it comes to FOX on May 14!

tek...@vnet.ibm.com

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

Makes sense, especially if Cos wants to resign as leader and then is
forced to stay on because the new leader is 1000 years away.

>> Leviathan: (20th) If Cos is in the 30th, that means the 20th c. team is going
>>to need a leader.
>
>Hmm...maybe. I still don't think Leviathan's a competent leader. I can
>see him going either way. Especially as they're most likely going to
>lose some powerful members to the 20th century.

Maybe. I'd like to see Gim meet up with some 20th Century police forces
and learn about criminal rights, illegal search and seizure, etc.

>> XS: (30th) Hmmm... She was just in the 20th C., and it's established that she
>>can travel through time on her own.
>
>Only with the help of a well-placed cosmic treadmill. Still, strong
>odds on her not going, because as you say, she would know how to get
>back.

Biggest reason for her to stay in the 30th- Bart's vibrating the sax into
the wall loses all its poignancy if she goes and digs it out a year
later.

>> Brainiac 5: (20th) They said that there's a strong reason that Brainy doesn't
>>simply rescue them, and we know that Brainy can not work in the low tech labs of
>>the 20th C. from the Superboy crossover. Sounds like a good reason for him to
>>be there then... Since Rond Vidar also won't rescue them, it strikes me as
>>possible that he could be trapped in the 20th also...
>
>I'm sure Brainy will be there particularly to meet the other Doxes.
>But given that the 20th century team disappears in an explosion, why
>do you assume anyone, including Rond Vidar, will be looking for them?
>Why wouldn't they just assumed they had died?

Nah, I can see this as a way for Brainy to rejoin the Legion. Maybe his
"secret time lab" wasn't in the plans Chuck got to rebuild HQ? And maybe
he can't trace the &method way the team goes back through the timestream.

>> Sparks: (20th) If Garth is in the 30th, then sending Sparks to the 20th would
>>be a great opportunity to develop her as more than just the female version of
>>Garth. Plus, it reduces power redundancy on the team.
>
>Definitely. If they're going to do this, they should definitely split
>up the redundant powers.

Ditto. Besides, having Sparks meet Sparx might be interesting <g>.

>Kinetix and Vi: No idea.

Someone else has already suggested that the Eye might play a role in
either being the reason everyone goes back (thanks to Gim's promise) or
the method (the Eye wants company and meet the other Eye, or wants to be
supreme and destroy the other Eye in its Eyefancy (sorry)).

>> Gates: (30th) Hmmm... A human sized insect wandering around Metropolis. Sounds
>>like a bad movie to me. I say he stays in the 30th.
>
>I'd pay good money to see Gates walking around in the 20th spreading
>the seeds of dissent.

Gates stays. Hey, maybe he is a natural source of Tarnium- how else does
he, in effect, open little Stargates for transportation?

>> M'Onel: (20th) Well, this strikes me as the perfect opportunity for him to
>>"seed the worlds." It never happened in the Valor series, and remains pretty
>>much unresolved post-boot. (That, and Lar insisted that his work had been
>>overstated...) I'd vote him into the 20th...
>
>Yep, golden opportunity. Which doesn't necessarily mean it will
>happen.

Again, having M'Onel go back to where he could meet Superboy kinda messes
up the dramatic moment of Valor's 30th Century release, at least to me.

>> Ultra Boy:(30th) If M'Onel is in the 20th and Andy isn't on the team, I'd say
>>that Jo is going to stick around the 30th. The 30th c. team would be too
>>dramatically weakened with no one at Daxamite power levels. So, I'll put him in
>>the 30th.
>
>Unless Tinya is back or Tinya is Phase, in which case Jo is going
>back. I'm betting he and Tinya will wind up together in the 20th.

I betcha Phase will be able to give Jo a clue as to how to get Tinya
back, even if Phase isn't Tinya. I mean, don't the Bgztylians (sp) have
an idea or general belief of what happens when they die? Do they
dematerialize? Obviously Jo can't raise the issue with Winema ("You've
killed her, haven't you done enough?") Wazzo, and hasn't met any other
B*ians.

>> Element Lad: (30th) He's the only source of Tarnium in the galaxy. If he was
>>missing, I'd imagine RJ spending his entire fortune trying to bring him back.
>
>Most likely.

Element Lad stays, he still probably has a lot of statues to make on
Trom. Plus, I think the remaining members will need someone who is calm
spiritually to help them through the seperation.

>Triad and Starboy: No clue.

If Triad is split, they stay together whenever they are (wouldn't it be
funny if they end up in 20th century Smallville and, looking at the
Kent's house, says, "Why does this place look familiar?"

<Others snipped because of no clue or opinion>

Have we forgotten:

SUN BOY- Uncured, 30th. Cured, 20th, and possible leader.

FUTURE GIRL- Doubt it, too many questions to be answered with her around.

FERRO LAD- Hey, don't laugh. Maybe I'm mistaken, but haven't the writers
said they have plans for him, but don't know when he will be back? And
the writers do take us seriously (okay, sometimes), so they know that we
feel that Ferro in a mask in the 30th century doesn't make sense- so
suppose he is a 20th century person who shows up and joins? 20th century
prejudices explain the mask, and would let him/the others battle the
Suneater in its last documented appearance....

Vic Vitek

---> These do not necessarily reflect the views of IBM, my family, my
pets, or any sane person.

Trevor Barrie

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

fire...@panix.com (Elayne Wechsler-Chaput) wrote:

>: S
>: P
>: O
>: I
>: L
>: E
>: R

>: S
>: P
>: A
>: C
>: E

>: M'Onel: (20th) Well, this strikes me as the perfect opportunity for him to

>: "seed the worlds." It never happened in the Valor series, and remains pretty
>: much unresolved post-boot. (That, and Lar insisted that his work had been
>: overstated...) I'd vote him into the 20th...

>Been there done that. I think he'll stay in the 30th.

Besides, they made a rather big deal of the new name for it to only
last for two or three months. If he winds up in the 20th century, the
entire in-character reason for the change disappears, no?

>I think Lu will be SPLIT - at least one of her will remain in the 30th,
>and at least one will go to the 20th. Heh - I know I'm going to catch
>*hell* for that one...

Geez, some people already think that she's under-powered, and you want
to split her into Duplicate Girl and ... er ... Mono Miss?

David K. Johnston

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96
to rwla...@io.com

>The LSH #84 cover shown in Previews this month illustrates an
>explosion with Legionnaires recoiling from it, most likely the ones
>who are staying. In frame are Vi, Imra, Cos, Garth, and Gim. I guess
>Lyle or Brainy are going to have to lead the team in the 20th.

What is this "Previews" thing, where do you get it, and how much does it cost? I
miss out on a lot because I'm in Singapore so I don't think I can get America
Online. I'd be more than happy to hear any other spoilers you have. By the way, I'm
the kind of person that likes to get hintbooks for games that have full maps, tell
where all the items are, and tell you how to beat each monster/badguy. I guess I'm
just lazy.
Who are your favorite characters?
Who do you hope the displaced Legionnaires will meet?
-Su

Elayne Wechsler-Chaput

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

christopher j rednour,sa120a cd,244-5012,8 (cred...@dekalb.dc.peachnet.
edu) wrote:

: In a previous article, fire...@panix.com (Elayne Wechsler-Chaput) says:
: >: Gates: (30th) Hmmm... A human sized insect wandering around

: >:Metropolis. Sounds like a bad movie to me. I say he stays in the 30th.
: >
: >I don't think he will. 20th is my guess. Co-writer Peyer is doing the
: >20th century book, and he *really* likes Gates.

: I just can't get around the idea Of Gates in the 20th c.

Well, since Thursday's AOL chat it's now official - Gates is the first
character revealed to be definitely going into the 20th century. That's
one for me so far. And we were told that Lu *won't* be splitting, so
that's one against my personal speculations.

- Elayne (highly doubts she got more than 50% correct)

Eivind Gladheim Oestreng

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

Elayne Wechsler-Chaput (fire...@panix.com) wrote:
>John M. Dunn (jm...@po.cwru.edu) wrote:

Also spoiler for the July issues and the 5/2/96 chat repot.
BTW, I'm never going to get used to this month/day/year
date system. Day/month/year, is that so hard?
Why do the americans have to do everything so backwards
<he asked innocently>?

>: S
>: P
>: O
>: I
>: L
>: E
>: R

>: S
>: P
>: A
>: C
>: E

>: So, who's going to be where (when)?

>: Here's my guesses and why:
>: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl: (30th) If only 1 or two go, the love
>: triangle would be ruined. If all three go, they sort of lose their critical
>: role in the 30th C as the Legion founders.

>I agree, they're probably all staying in the 30th.

I disagree. I think the trio will be split up *because* of the love triangle.
What would happen if Cos was the one that got stuck in the 20th century?
Or Imra?

>: XS: (30th) Hmmm... She was just in the 20th C., and it's established that she
>: can travel through time on her own.

>Without a doubt, Jenni stays in the 30th. Stern is co-writing the book
>that takes place in the 30th, and Jenni's one of his favorites.

Agreed. There is no point in seeing Jenni in the 20th century at this
point.

>: Brainiac 5: (20th) They said that there's a strong reason that Brainy doesn't
>: simply rescue them, and we know that Brainy can not work in the low tech labs of
>: the 20th C. from the Superboy crossover. Sounds like a good reason for him to
>: be there then... Since Rond Vidar also won't rescue them, it strikes me as
>: possible that he could be trapped in the 20th also...

I agree. Both Brainy and Rond will be trapped in the past.

>Everyone's pretty much saying this, but I'm split. I mean, the "whole
>lot of Brainiacs" line would seem to be quite the clue, but I think I'm
>going to opine that he stays in the 30th...

The "whole lot of Brainiacs" line is a clue, and being trapped in the past with
only inferior technology at his disposal will frustrate Brainy to no end.

Spark:
I don't know. I do hope that Ayla will end up where Garth isn't.
And after that VR workout, how would Ayla react to actually *be*
in the 20th century.

Kinetix:
With her archeological background, how would she react to actually
being in a time she only previously have dug out artifacts from?

Shrinking Violet:
I have this image of her meeting the Huntress and both of them
exclaiming: "Love your costume". :-) Probably would have happened too, if
Giffen was still handling her in the JLA. She'll remain in the 30th, me thinks.

Gates, Jan and Gim:
I have no idea. Well, we now know Gates is going, but other than that.

>: M'Onel: (20th) Well, this strikes me as the perfect opportunity for him to
>: "seed the worlds." It never happened in the Valor series, and remains pretty
>: much unresolved post-boot. (That, and Lar insisted that his work had been
>: overstated...) I'd vote him into the 20th...

>Been there done that. I think he'll stay in the 30th.

On the other hand, Lar *knows* people in the 20th century.
People that possibly could be persuaded into giving a helping hand.
This could be a natural way to easily introduse a bunch of crossovers and
guest-appearances. Are the Legionnaires even aware of the past existence of the

L.E.G.I.O.N.? Or who the members were?

>: Ultra Boy:(30th) If M'Onel is in the 20th and Andy isn't on the team, I'd say
>: that Jo is going to stick around the 30th. The 30th c. team would be too
>: dramatically weakened with no one at Daxamite power levels. So, I'll put him in
>: the 30th.

>For the reasons you mentioned, I'll put Jo (and possibly Tinya, if she
>returns) in the 20th, since I think M'Onel is staying in the 30th.

I'd like to see Jo in the 20th century. This for no other
reason than that I would get a kick out of seeing his reaction to seeing
Phase for the first time. Would Peyer pull this stunt on us twice?
I wouldn't put it past him.

>: Triad: (30th) I don't see Lu's whole character as working effectively in the
>: 20th century. I'm not entirely certain why though...

>I think Lu will be SPLIT - at least one of her will remain in the 30th,
>and at least one will go to the 20th. Heh - I know I'm going to catch
>*hell* for that one...

I like this idea. And just how long can a Carggite stay triplicated
anyway? Do they need to merge?

>: Starboy: I have absolutely no idea...

>If Gates goes to the 20th, I think Thom does too.

On the other hand, we don't yet know if Gim will be successful in persuading the

Xanthi govenment into letting Thom stay in the Legion. Frankly, I don't think
Gim's diplomatic skills are up to the task. If his ego will allow Cham or Lyle
to do the talking, then yes, otherwise no.

With half the team missing, then maybe the government might be talked into
letting Thom once again be part of the team.

>: Chameleon: Send him back 10 years earlier and make him the Durlan from LEGION?
>: <g> Honestly, I have no idea where they'd put Cham...

>I think he'd do better in the 30th, but he's a member of the Espy Squad
>(I'm *really* starting to think the mishap will have something to do with
>the Squad) so I think he's going where the others go.

What makes you think that the mishap has something to do with the
Squad, Elayne? The explosion will most likely take place at the
Time Institute. According to Previews, the Emrald Eye will be involved, but I
don't think it's powerful enough to send people through time.
And, before I read that the Eye was going to get involve, I had this feeling
that Dream Girl will be involved somehow, still do as a matter of fact.
Forseeing the explosion perhaps? Or partly causing it?

>: Invisible Kid: With the secret admirer twist, it'd be interesting to put Lyle
>: in the 20th with Ayla and leave Cham in the 30th without her. I'd guess that
>: Lyle and Cham will be separated if only for purposes of character development...

>I disagree - I think Lyle's bound for the 20th. If nothing else, this
>will allow reintroduction of Jacques. (See, I *do* pick up some pre-boot
>stuff from time to time.)

Jacques? Why? He only drank the Invisible Serum in order to save his sister
the last time. Wasn't he a scientist of some sort?

>: Andromeda: She's left the team, and we've been told we won't see her for a
>: while. I'm guessing that Andy is a moot point.

>Which means, she'll stay in the 30th.

Yup. Hopefully the remaining Legionnaires will persuade her into coming back to
active duty for the duration of this storyline though.

- EGO, the Warped One, keeper of the Captain Ultra flame.

"Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what *can* you
believe?!" - Bullwinkle J. Moose
* Eivind Gladheim Oestreng * eivi...@sn.no * provider of the lutefisk *

Timothy Kristian Soholt

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

Bad pun involving mindor spoilers for the major event apparently
occurring 4-6 months from now in the Legion comics:

Trevor Barrie <tba...@cycor.ca> wrote:

>fire...@panix.com (Elayne Wechsler-Chaput) wrote:

>>I think Lu will be SPLIT - at least one of her will remain in the 30th,
>>and at least one will go to the 20th. Heh - I know I'm going to catch
>>*hell* for that one...

>Geez, some people already think that she's under-powered, and you want

>to split her into Duplicate Girl and ... er ... Mono Miss?

No, no, no -- if she ever gets whittled down to one body, she'll start
calling herself Oneder Woman!

--
Tim Soholt (xoa...@unm.edu,soh...@io.com)
"[Science] explains why humankind evolved to intelligence,but not why the

John Todd

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

In article <4mghjf$g...@hasle.sn.no>, eivi...@sn.no (Eivind Gladheim
Oestreng) wrote:

> Elayne Wechsler-Chaput (fire...@panix.com) wrote:
> >John M. Dunn (jm...@po.cwru.edu) wrote:
>
> Also spoiler for the July issues and the 5/2/96 chat repot.
> BTW, I'm never going to get used to this month/day/year
> date system. Day/month/year, is that so hard?
> Why do the americans have to do everything so backwards
> <he asked innocently>?
>

> >: S
> >: P
> >: O
> >: I
> >: L
> >: E
> >: R
>

> >: S
> >: P
> >: A
> >: C
> >: E
>

> What makes you think that the mishap has something to do with the

> Squad, Elayne? The explosion will most likely take place at the
> Time Institute. According to Previews, the Emrald Eye will be involved, but I
> don't think it's powerful enough to send people through time.
> And, before I read that the Eye was going to get involve, I had this feeling
> that Dream Girl will be involved somehow, still do as a matter of fact.
> Forseeing the explosion perhaps? Or partly causing it?

whoa. i had totally forgotten that nura was appearing right about that
time in the lsh book. that would be a great acknowledgement of the past if
nura caused the explosion. and of course, you have the "whole time
angle"... i would love it.
john

John Todd

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

In article <4mep41$3...@wizard.bsu.edu>, camp...@cs.bsu.edu (Kenton L
Campbell) wrote:

> John M. Dunn (jm...@po.cwru.edu) wrote:

> : For those who HAVE NOT read Troy's rushed chat report:

> To recap:
>
> 20th Century: Cosmic Boy, Live Wire, Saturn Girl, Triad, Leviathan,
> Brainy, Violet, Gates, and Ultra Boy.
>
> 30th Century: Chameleon, Invisible Kid, XS, Spark, Andy, Kinetix,
> Star Boy, M'Onel, and Element Lad.
>
> Your guesses?
>
> --
> --
> -- Kenton L Campbell ---------------------------- camp...@bsu-cs.bsu.edu --
> -- Ball State University, Muncie, IN --------- 01klca...@bsuvc.bsu.edu --

i think that you're absolutely right.
john

Neil Barnes

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

Andrew A. Apold (mor...@magg.net) wrote:
: Andrew glanced up from his omnicon when he heard someone using Neil Barnes's account say:
: >I'd like to see Garth get the chance to lead the team, I think he'd be

: >good if he had to.

: I think it'd probably be about on the level of his last term in v2.
: The job requires a level head. Wildfire made a better leader than
: Garth...

I think the current Garth would be really good as a tactical leader -
actually on missions and such like, while he'd be pretty hopeless at the
day-to-day stuff of being leader. However I don't think he'll find out
until he's put on the spot.

neil

tek...@vnet.ibm.com

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

In <4md93s$7...@dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu> cred...@dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu (christopher j rednour,sa120a cd,244-5012,8) writes:

>>Even though it's not a matter of "letting," I believe Vi will go to the
>>20th. All Espoinage Squad members, I think, will go to the 20th.
>
>I agree about the espionage squad.

Another reason for the Espionage Squad to go- this team (as I'm sure
Brainy will tell them) as to operate undercover. An event as major as a
team of super-heroes from the 30th century, going around the world doing
lots of good deeds and heroic things in the open would probably survive
into the 30th century. Since there appears to be no record of this, most
of the adventures will have to take place without 20th century
journalists knowing about it (although letting Brad Major's great-great-
great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great (whatever) grandfather
see the team, interview the team, and publish the interview in the Weekly
World Tabloid and be given the serious journalistic consideration other
tabloid articles get would be a good ironic gesture).

BTW- if Ayla goes, or Triad, wouldn't it make sense for them to suggest
going to Central City, since they just had an "adventure" there?

Ben Weiss

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96

NOTE: I wrote this a week or two ago but never got around to posting
it. After a few chat logs, my prognostication record's been pretty
good (5 for 6), so here it is:

Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Live Wire: Everyone's been assuming they stay
together because of the love triangle. Here's my guess: They are
split *because* of the love triangle. Perhaps Garth blows it with
Imra now, but the two of them get exiled to the 20th, and *that's*
where they get close.
Guesses: Cos - 30th, Garth and Imra - 20th (Imra confirmed)

Triad: Seems to me Jeff's been doing a lot of redesigning on her, a
likely sign of staying in L*.
Guess: 30th (confirmed)

Spark, Chameleon, Invisible Kid: I agree that the twins are likely to
be split. This triangle isn't as established as the charter member
one, and needs all three sides in one place if it's going to be
carried out. Also, Cham still has the pope business. OTOH, perhaps
Cham will get exiled in order to be separated from Ayla and throw
Durla into hysterics.
Guesses: Ayla - 30th, Cham and Lyle - probably 30th

XS: A tougher one than you might think--she obviously has a way to get
back, but it gave her a lot of trouble last time, and her being in the
20th could set the stage for another Impulse crossover. Still...
Guess: 30th (confirmed)

Leviathan, Star Boy, Gates: The latest chat report has Gates going
back in time. I agree that keeping these three together makes a great
comedy team, and allows for some building of Gim's and Thom's
character as well. Plus, leads to some Imra-Gim leader conflict.
Guess: 20th (Gates confirmed, Leviathan confirmed wrong)

Brainiac Five: The writers more or less gave this one away, plus he
needs a reason not to be able to retrieve the team with the time
platform.
Guess: 20th

Shrinking Violet, Kinetix: By elimination, I would guess that one or
both of these two is going to the 20th--the 20th century team needs
women. Kinetix probably causes the accident to save Vi from the Eye.
(The appearance of Zoe's mother can easily happen beforehand.) Plus,
this keeps the Gim-Zoe-Vi triangle together.
Guess: 20th

Ultra Boy: The Deadman crossover makes me think he's going back, so
that Boston can have something to do with resurrecting Tinya.
Guess: 20th (confirmed)

Element Lad: I guess I agree that he's likely to stay where he is in
order to keep the stargates running. Plus, Moy draws him a lot better
than Moder does lately.
Guess: 30th

M'onel: A tough one--the idea of having him go back to seed the worlds
is good, but I'm not sure the writers would send both Lar and Jo back,
especially if, as they say, they're not planning on using Andromeda
any time soon. Plus M'on has a new ID to establish, and there would
be some angst involved for Superboy if Lar weren't there.
Guess: 30th

So...in light of the chat reports:

20th century Legion: Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Brainiac Five,
Shrinking Violet, Kinetix, Star Boy, Gates, Ultra Boy

30th century Legionnaires: Cosmic Boy, Triad, Leviathan, XS, Invisible
Kid, Chameleon, Spark, Element Lad, M'onel...and an urgent need for
new members!
Ben

David K. Johnston

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96
to weis...@gold.tc.umn.edu

>20th century Legion: Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Brainiac Five,
>Shrinking Violet, Kinetix, Star Boy, Gates, Ultra Boy
>
>30th century Legionnaires: Cosmic Boy, Triad, Leviathan, XS, Invisible
>Kid, Chameleon, Spark, Element Lad, M'onel...and an urgent need for
>new members!
> Ben

I completely agree with you. I think those combinations would be
the most interesting.
Can you just see Brainy when he realizes he's stuck in a world of
"Cro-magnons" with *Kinetix*!
He'll probably be screaming! (This is not intended to slight Zoe so
members of the Kinetix ADL stay calm). I think we all know how Brainy
reacts to difficult situations. He's gonna freak out!
-Su