Legion in 20th century

Outpost 2

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

Anyone here hear the news from the AOL chat session? In about six months,
half the Legion will travel to the 20th century and will stay and have
adventures there for an indeterminate period of time. This will happen in
LSH while L* continues the 30th century adventures.

Jack Grimes

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

Hmmm...they also said that the 20th Team will stay there, basically, until
the stories start to stink.

Hmmmmm...

Jack Grimes AKA |WebPage: http://home.aol.com/lbmgmd| Contact! |
|Revolving .sig below! Free tickets!|Email: |
'Lambada Bowling |-----------------------------------|LBM...@epix.net |
Marauder:Guatemala| ____Post's Witty Epigram Line |LBM...@aol.com |
Masters Division' | | (or stock quote, depending |Nuclear Warhead:| |
| v on my creativity :)) |31.364N, 54.342W|
------------------------------------------------------------------------|
"Hmmmmmm...." |

Avedon Carol

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

SPOILER SPACE ADDED....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Outpost2 heard from:

> Anyone here hear the news from the AOL chat session? In about six
> months,
> half the Legion will travel to the 20th century and will stay and
> have
> adventures there for an indeterminate period of time. This will
> happen in LSH while L* continues the 30th century adventures.

Not a good idea for avoiding the necessity of future retcons - unless
they don't interact with other 20thC heroes. Hey, maybe the part of the
20thC they're sent to should be the 1960s which, because of various
retcons, is now a period in which the only active DCU superhero was J'Onn
J'Onzz? It'd be fab and groovy to see them adopting that 'teen lingo'
that DC writers had such as the Teen Titans speaking in the issues that
came out back then. Yeah, I _know_ they won't do this, but it's an
amusing idea.

Wonder who goes back and who stays?

Rob Hansen <http://www.interedu.com/interedu/iecuk.html>
(Though using Avedon Carol's account, I am not her, nor does she
read this newsgroup. Please watch those automatic attributors.
Avedon's feminist anti-censorship page can be seen at
http://www.fullfeed.com/hypatia/censor.html)

Bill Jennings & Drew King

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

lbm...@epix.net (Jack Grimes) wrote:

>In article <4m6ls3$2...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, outp...@aol.com (Outpost 2) says:

>>Anyone here hear the news from the AOL chat session? In about six months,
>>half the Legion will travel to the 20th century and will stay and have
>>adventures there for an indeterminate period of time. This will happen in
>>LSH while L* continues the 30th century adventures.

>Hmmm...they also said that the 20th Team will stay there, basically, until

>the stories start to stink.

>Hmmmmm...

Well, here's what the chat report says:

"The team wouldn't state how long the Legion will be trapped in
the 20th century. The story will be gauged as it proceeds.
McCraw indicates that the team will be in the 20th century for as
long as the stories they've got play out."

That's not at all the same as "until the the stories start to stink".

I guess my Previews are half-full.

Bill Jennings

Bill Jennings

(Wm. Duke Harrington)

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

outp...@aol.com (Outpost 2) wrote:
>Anyone here hear the news from the AOL chat session? In about six months,
>half the Legion will travel to the 20th century and will stay and have
>adventures there for an indeterminate period of time. This will happen in
>LSH while L* continues the 30th century adventures.

My best guess is that this is because LSH will soon be going to newstand
sales, while L* will be staying direct. TPTB, as in the case of Karate
Kid, Cosmic Boy, & Timber Wolf, seem to feel that a solo series (or in
today's market- a newstand series) will sell better if it exists along
side the rest of the DCU.

When will LSH return to the 30th century? When the newsstand sales
reports come in and TPTB realize, as usual, that they goofed.

Duke

Johanna Draper

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

In article <4m95d6$o...@guava.epix.net>, Jack Grimes <LBM...@aol.com> wrote:

>Hmmm...they also said that the 20th Team will stay there, basically, until
>the stories start to stink.

Well, *that's* an extremely perverted version of "while there are stories
to be told".

Johanna
--
Johanna Draper * dan...@aurora.cis.upenn.edu * 10341...@compuserve.com
http://bronze.ucs.indiana.edu/~fchary/johanna.html * Comicology columnist

Machine wrecker

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

In article <4m95d6$o...@guava.epix.net> LBM...@aol.com "Jack Grimes" writes:

> In article <4m6ls3$2...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, outp...@aol.com (Outpost 2)
> says:

> >Anyone here hear the news from the AOL chat session? In about six months,
> >half the Legion will travel to the 20th century and will stay and have
> >adventures there for an indeterminate period of time. This will happen in
> >LSH while L* continues the 30th century adventures.
>

> Hmmm...they also said that the 20th Team will stay there, basically, until
> the stories start to stink.
>

> Hmmmmm...

Or until "Zero Hour - Part 2".......

....no...don't hit me !! B-)

--
____________...@peculiar.demon.co.uk___________________
Scientist, Nerd, Lover, Jester, Poet, Philosopher

Johanna Draper

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

In article <4mb55e$m...@news.mainelink.net>,

(Wm. Duke Harrington) <du...@mainelink.net> wrote:
>My best guess is that this is because LSH will soon be going to newstand
>sales, while L* will be staying direct.

Your best guess is most probably wrong. I say why in my other followup to
your explanation of this idea.

>When will LSH return to the 30th century? When the newsstand sales
>reports come in and TPTB realize, as usual, that they goofed.

Boy, you're a real optimist, aren't you? :)

"If I can't get an angel, I can still get a boy, and a boy would be the
next best thing." -- Tonight Is What It Means to Be Young, Jim Steinman

TPeyer

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

"(Wm. Duke Harrington)" <du...@mainelink.net> wrote:

>My best guess is that this is because LSH will soon be going to newstand

>sales, while L* will be staying direct. TPTB, as in the case of Karate

>Kid, Cosmic Boy, & Timber Wolf, seem to feel that a solo series (or in
>today's market- a newstand series) will sell better if it exists along
>side the rest of the DCU.

Good guess, Duke, but going to the 20th century is the creative team's
idea.

Tom

RHBoyd

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

"Duke', in his last post...said...

>>When will LSH return to the 30th century? When the newsstand sales
>>reports come in and TPTB realize, as usual, that they goofed.

If we're such a bunch of screw-ups, always making mistakes....why then do
you bother with the book. If you're not willing to try something
new...just keep reading the old issues from 30 years ago, and never mind
the new book. On that note, if one is never willing to do something
poorly, then one will never do anything *new*!!! At least we're trying.

Give it a try. Who knows...you might actually like it.

Ron
Ron Boyd
RHB...@AOL.COM
"is a dream a lie if it don't come true,
or is it somethin' worse"
Check rec.art.comics.marketplace for
original pages for sale, or E-mail me
direct at above address.

Pab Sungenis

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96

RH> If we're such a bunch of screw-ups, always making mistakes....why then do
RH> you bother with the book. If you're not willing to try something
RH> new...just keep reading the old issues from 30 years ago, and never mind
RH> the new book. On that note, if one is never willing to do something
RH> poorly, then one will never do anything *new*!!! At least we're trying.

No, Ron, he means the upper levels. I think you'll find if you keep
looking that the current creative team (with the exception of one
penciller with some people <g>) have our 100% faith. The original
thought was that the Powers that Be at DC were forcing this storyline on
you guys, not knowing it was the creative team's idea.

... If it runs in DOS and not in a DOS Window - Call Bill Gates!
---
* QMPro 1.53 *
*** THE READER V4.30 [unregistered]

|Pab Sungenis, Vineland, New Jersey My opinions, not WOND's.|
| "Mary Poppins, she's the bitch!" |
| -- Connie Gutierrez |
No thanks, Frank. Katz for Congress! (NJ-2)