Handy and complete (?) Legion checklists

Outpost 2

Jan 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/8/97

With the help of other Legion fans online, I've compiled what I hope is a
complete Legion checklist from 1958 to the present. Below is a sub-set of
the checklists which have appeared in my Legion Outpost II e-zine (the
e-zine has complete synopses and such). Both my e-zines and text versions
of the bare bones checklist are available for download at my FTP site. A
sample of the bare bones checklist can be found below.

First, the FTP site ...
Anyone able to run anonymous FTP or a web browser should be able to access
this site. PLEASE NOTE: Some of what you need to type is CASE SENSITIVE.
To get to the users.aol.com site:

http://users.aol.com

then immediately do a:

cd /outpost2

Note: I'm planning on uploaded corrected versions of my e-zine in a week
or so, so hold off for now. The text versions of the checklists are
complete and ready (they are called lshchk1.txt through lshchk7.txt).

Next, the bare bones checklist sample...

**********
THE COMPLETE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES CHECKLIST, Addendum I (Oct 1994 - Feb
1997)
by John Censullo (outp...@aol.com)

Part seven of this historical checklist was originally compiled by me
beginning in issue #7 of my Legion fanzine, Legion Outpost II (c) March
1996 John Censullo.

**********

ZERO HOUR: CRISIS IN TIME # nn
cover date: 1994
publication date: 17 August 1994
format: 160-page, full color, softcover trade paperback
price: $9.95
story title: (reprints): ZERO HOUR: CRISIS IN TIME #4-0

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES ARCHIVES volume 5
cover date: 1994
publication date: 05 October 1994
format: 224-page, full color, hardcover
price: $49.95
story title: (Legion featurette reprint): SUPERMAN [first series]
ANNUAL #4
story title: (Legion featurette reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #316
story title: (Legion featurette reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #365
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #340
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #341
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #342
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #343
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #344
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #345
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #346
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #347
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #348
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #349

GREEN LANTERN GALLERY # nn
cover date: 1996
publication date: 30 October 1996
format: 32-page/ no ads, full color, Miraweb Format
price: $3.50
comments: Legionnaires appear in one pin-up.

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES ARCHIVES volume 6
cover date: 1996
publication date: 20 November 1996
format: 224-page, full cover, hardcover
price: $49.95
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #350
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #351
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #352
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #353
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #354
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #355
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #356
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #357
story title: (Legion reprint): ADVENTURE COMICS #358

SUPERMAN: "WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE MAN OF TOMORROW?" # nn
cover date: 1997
publication date: 27 December 1996
format: 64-page, full color, Prestige Format
price: $5.95
story title: (Superman reprints): SUPERMAN [first series] #423 and
ACTION COMICS #583

**********

**********
THE COMPLETE REBOOT LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES CHECKLIST (Oct 1994 - Feb 1997)
by John Censullo (outp...@aol.com)

This reboot checklist was originally compiled by me beginning in issue #7
of my Legion fanzine,
Legion Outpost II (c) March 1996 John Censullo.

**********

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES [fourth series] # 0
cover date: October 1994
publication date: 17 August 1994
format: 32-page, full color, New Format
price: $1.95
story title: "Time and Chance"

LEGIONNAIRES # 0
cover date: October 1994
publication date: 31 August 1994
format: 32-page, full color, Standard Format
price: $1.50
story title: "Close Encounters"

R.E.B.E.L.S. '94 # 0
cover date: October 1994
publication date: 31 August 1994
format: 32-page, full color, New Format
price: $1.95
story title: "Less Than Zero"
comments: All R.E.B.E.L.S. appearances are listed as L.E.G.I.O.N.
tie-ins.

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES [fourth series] # 62
cover date: November 1994
publication date: 14 September 1994
format: 32-page, full color, New Format
price: $1.95
story title: "Forced Friends, Deadly Consequences!"

GREEN LANTERN [third series] # 56
cover date: November 1994
publication date: 21 September 1994
format: 32-page, full color, Standard Format
price: $1.50
story title: "Last of the Breed"
comments: L.E.G.I.O.N. tie-in.

R.E.B.E.L.S. '94 # 1
cover date: November 1994
publication date: 28 September 1994
format: 32-page, full color, New Format
price: $1.95
story title: "Escape To Nowhere"

LEGIONNAIRES # 19
cover date: November 1994
publication date: 05 October 1994
format: 32-page, full color, Standard Format
price: $1.50
story title: "The Quick and the Dead"

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES [fourth series] # 63
cover date: December 1994
publication date: 26 October 1994
format: 32-page, full color, New Format
price: $1.95
story title: "Things At Hand!"

LEGIONNAIRES # 20
cover date: December 1994
publication date: 26 October 1994
format: 32-page, full color, Standard Format
price: $1.50
story title: "The Descent of Mano!"

R.E.B.E.L.S. '94 # 2
cover date: December 1994
publication date: 26 October 1994
format: 32-page, full color, New Format
price: $1.95
story title: "The Ties That Bind"

ETC, ETC, ETC.

Michael Klordny Grabois

Jan 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/9/97

On 8 Jan 1997 03:19:28 GMT, outp...@aol.com (Outpost 2) wrote:

>With the help of other Legion fans online, I've compiled what I hope is a
>complete Legion checklist from 1958 to the present. Below is a sub-set of
>the checklists which have appeared in my Legion Outpost II e-zine (the
>e-zine has complete synopses and such). Both my e-zines and text versions
>of the bare bones checklist are available for download at my FTP site. A
>sample of the bare bones checklist can be found below.

And of course, John (Mr. Outpost2) helps keep me up to date with some mighty
obscure Legion appearances. For another list you can check the Anal Retentive
Legion Checklist at:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mgrabois/lsh.htm

John's list goes into a lot more detail than mine; I just list issue numbers
in the "major" or "minor" appearances sections.

As long as I'm hyping, I also maintain a Legion reprint checklist, which has
a listing of which issues were reprinted where (sorted by both original story
and by reprinted title). Plus, there's the Legion merchandise checklist, for
those of you (like me) who are anal retentive enough to HAVE TO HAVE every
single appearance. The merchandise list shows everything from trading cards
to posters to t-shirts to Slurpee cups.

Thanks for the help, John, and thanks for letting me piggyback on your
message!

-----
Michael R. Grabois | http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mgrabois
Houston, TX | or...@ix.netcom.com CI$: 74737,2600
"Do me a favor, Lightning Lad... shut up and dance!" (S/LSH 232)

Sean Hogan

Jan 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/10/97

John, or outp...@aol.com (Outpost 2) wrote:
>>With the help of other Legion fans online, I've compiled what I hope is a
>>complete Legion checklist from 1958 to the present.

Michael Grabois:

>And of course, John (Mr. Outpost2) helps keep me up to date with some mighty
>obscure Legion appearances. For another list you can check the Anal Retentive
>Legion Checklist at:
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mgrabois/lsh.htm
>
>John's list goes into a lot more detail than mine; I just list issue numbers
>in the "major" or "minor" appearances sections.

And you dare to call yourself Anal Retentive! Shame, shame!

All hail his new Anal Retentiveness, John / Outpost 2 ! :-)

Sean
LLL !

Outpost 2

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

<<And you dare to call yourself Anal Retentive! Shame, shame!>>

<<All hail his new Anal Retentiveness, John / Outpost 2 ! :-)>>

Believe me, anyone (like Michael) who has a list which includes pretzel
cans (!!) deserves that title more than me. :-)