HCC High Concept Challenge #11

Andrew Burton

Jul 8, 2010, 10:43:32 PM7/8/10
Since I'm low on idea juice, I'm going to with an old standby of mine:

DEATH TRAPS!

How complex can a death trap be? How simple can it be? Can you make a
death trap out of ideas? Philosophy? People?

Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM on July 27th. Voting will open
the 28th, close on the 31st, and a winner will be announced that day.

Good luck!

--
Andrew Burton
tugly...@aol.com

Phantasm

Jul 9, 2010, 1:54:59 PM7/9/10
On Jul 8, 10:43 pm, Andrew Burton <tuglyrai...@aol.com> wrote:
> Since I'm low on idea juice, I'm going to with an old standby of mine:
>
> DEATH TRAPS!
>
> How complex can a death trap be?  How simple can it be?  Can you make a
> death trap out of ideas?  Philosophy?  People?
>
> Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM on July 27th.  Voting will open
> the 28th, close on the 31st, and a winner will be announced that day.
>
> Good luck!

Holy sardines, Batman!

I guess it's time to break out the old 1960s Batman television series,
and apply things to Silver Arrow. Up 'till now, I've tossed out about
ten different false starts on #3. This might work.

Dave Van Domelen

Jul 9, 2010, 3:42:08 PM7/9/10
It's probably a sign of where my head's at lately that my first several
story ideas devolved into essays on the taxonomy of deathtraps before I set
word one to keyboard. :) (I've identified two main classes of deathtrap, and
for one of the classes three distinct reasons for using them.) But I'm
mulling over one story idea now that will serve a narrative purpose in ASH
and not step on Andy's balliwick.

Dave Van Domelen, still might write the taxonomy in addition to the
story.