CONTEST: High Concept #6 - Mad Libbed Concept

Dave Van Domelen

Jan 18, 2010, 1:42:02 AM1/18/10
Scott got me the sentence and Saxon filled in the blanks (I'll leave it
as an exercise for the reader to figure out which words were in the blanks),
so here we have it!

"When the Earth becomes infested with hardwired aliens, one Earthling
and his/her chocolate respond by swimming."

Something tells me the results will make the "Cthulhu has star hero"
story look normal. Saxon and Scott can work out between them who will
actually collect the votes and when the deadline will be.

Dave Van Domelen, may actually have an idea or two already,
frighteningly....

Andrew Perron

Jan 18, 2010, 8:38:14 AM1/18/10
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 06:42:02 +0000 (UTC), Dave Van Domelen wrote:

> Scott got me the sentence and Saxon filled in the blanks (I'll leave it
> as an exercise for the reader to figure out which words were in the blanks),
> so here we have it!
>
> "When the Earth becomes infested with hardwired aliens, one Earthling
> and his/her chocolate respond by swimming."

Oooooh. There are several ways this could go.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hardwired, eh...

Scott Eiler

Jan 18, 2010, 8:55:59 AM1/18/10
On Jan 18, 12:42 am, dvan...@eyrie.org (Dave Van Domelen) wrote:
> Scott got me the sentence and Saxon filled in the blanks (I'll leave it
> as an exercise for the reader to figure out which words were in the blanks),
> so here we have it!
>
> "When the Earth becomes infested with hardwired aliens, one Earthling
> and his/her chocolate respond by swimming."
>
> Something tells me the results will make the "Cthulhu has star hero"
> story look normal. Saxon and Scott can work out between them who will
> actually collect the votes and when the deadline will be.

Saxon's kindly offered to adjudicate the contest, so he'll be
announcing a deadline in the 3 - 4 week range.

> Dave Van Domelen, may actually have an idea or two already,
> frighteningly....

Me too. I'll probably even write something. However, I'll admit I had
enough control over the concept that I should excuse myself from the
balloting.

Saxon Brenton

Jan 18, 2010, 4:48:48 PM1/18/10

On Sunday 17 Jan 2010 Dvandom wrote:

> "When the Earth becomes infested with hardwired aliens, one Earthling
> and his/her chocolate respond by swimming."

As one of the three people who know just by looking: Scott's sentence looks

perfectly adequate, and it's my fill-in words that have driven the concept with

a sharp'n'pointy stick to being almost a non-sequitor.

That said, it could have been worse. I gathered a selection of words during the

day and picked three that were conceptually unrelated. The first noun I wrote

down was 'earth'.

---
Saxon Brenton
Papa Smurf! When the Smurf becomes smurfed with smurfwired smurfs, one

Smurf and her smurf respond by smurfing.

Search for properties that match your lifestyle! Start searching NOW!
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/

Scott Eiler

Jan 19, 2010, 1:33:00 PM1/19/10
On Jan 18, 3:48 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 17 Jan 2010 Dvandom wrote:
>
> > "When the Earth becomes infested with hardwired aliens, one Earthling
> > and his/her chocolate respond by swimming."
>
> As one of the three people who know just by looking: Scott's sentence looks
> perfectly adequate, and it's my fill-in words that have driven the concept with
> a sharp'n'pointy stick to being almost a non-sequitor.
>
> That said, it could have been worse. I gathered a selection of words during the
> day and picked three that were conceptually unrelated. The first noun I wrote
> down was 'earth'.

Could have been worse indeed. If I'd done things differently, our
heroes would have had hardwired chocolate for breakfast before their
morning swim.