[LNH] Golden Man: Year One #1

1 view

TIFFER003

Jun 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/22/97

Imagine, right after Golden Man: Life And Death, BOOK I: The Secret
Orgin of Golden Man, and the subsequent defeat of Tarnish, that GM's power
levels went down considerably, not leaving him completly powerless, but
only so that his Golden affect powers were lowered to just people being
affected, how they act, and such. For example, Golden Age villains never
were threee- dimensional, and most people would help out a hero, where
women who were law- biding citizens were never more than housewives. This
is the era in which GM's first, inexperienced year, takes place. A year,
reduced to low power levels, lived as a detective, of sorts.....

Y Y EEEE Golden Man AA RRRR
Y Y E A A R
Y Y EEEE AAAAA RRRRR
Y E A A R
Y EEEE A A R
O N N EEEE
O O N N N E
O O N N N EEEE
O O N N N E
O N NNNN EEEE

Tom Russell

# 1

Golden Man thanked John Saliva Irons somenly for the good dinner.
"It was the least I could do, man.[See Golden Man: Life And Death, BOOK
ONE: The Secret Origin of Golden Man, Chapter Five-- Ed.] So, you got a
name ?"
"Um.... errr..." he looked frantically around. He had, in all the
commotion, forgot about Grypton and his true name[see the entire BOOK ONE
of Golden Man: Life And Death.- Ed's brother, Bob.] "Um, Bob."
"Bob? Bob what?"
"Um...." He looked around again, trying to jog his memory. "Bob Ed
Brother, the ... third."
"Well, Bob, it was mighty nice having you here. Do you have a place
to live?"
"Um, no."
"Well, I think the neighborly thing to do would be to give you my
dad's old office. He used to be a detective, solving crimes and all manner
of things, and it has two bedrooms. Big place."
"Sure."
"And, what do you do?"
"I'm a crime- solver myself," he said, acknowledging the capture
of Tarnish. [I'm not going to say it again--- hey! Golden Man was reading
the footnotes!--- Ed.]
"Then you'll fit in perfectly."
"You've been very kind, sir."
"Most people are, these days. Like the Golden Rule coming around in
some kind of Golden Force."

Bob, as he came to be called, started shop the next day. Nothing
happened. Suddenly, as he was about to go to sleep, a classy(Notice after
the CL) dame strolled in. She was wearing a trenchcoat. "So you're a
detective."
"Um, yes," he said, straightening his tie, and unknowingly using his
Golden Powers to stop his hormones.
"My name's Manxland Ann. People call me Manxie."
To avert his eyes, Golden Man selected a newspaper and started
reading:

MANXIE STRIKES AGAIN!

Net. Tropolis-- Last night, the instigate. Upon the use of
force to stop
acclaimed cat burglaress, her actions, she will and can
take drastic
known only as Manxie, measures, though probaly not
resulting
stole several hundred dollars in the death of another
person.
worth of jewels from the Fine Says Mr. Freud for the
Net.Tropolis
Jewelry Shop, just two blocks Police department, "We beleive
that this
west of the new LNH Head- person has developed an
unhealthy
quarters. Carrying a two- obbsession with cats, their
treatment as
tail chain- like weapon, equals, and their
care/benifit." Local
she is not considered gossip indicates that
Manxie has stolen
dangerous by officials from facilities
suspected of being ran by
providing that one doesn't the mob boss called
Exodus Moses.

Golden Man looked up from the paper. "You! You're the cat burgaless!"
Manxie opened her hood. "It was for the felines," she said
sorrowfully.
"It doesn't make any difference! You did something wrong!"
"Look, Bob, listen t'me, here. There is a homocidal maniac called The
Jester. He's going to steal some illeagal weapons tonight at the docks...
Be there, if you want."
She then left.

The docks. The Jester's men were directed with pin- point accuracy.
Little did he notice, that a figure was sneaking on him. Golden Man seized
a weapon, unseen in the dark, before the Jester could. Suddenly, several
lights chimed on. "FREEZE!"
The Jester turned around, smacking GM to the ground and the weapon to
his hands. "It's play time!" He let fire. Golden Man tried tripping him,
but that only sent the fire upwards, hitting the chopper full of sleeping
gas pellets. The pellets dropped, knocking out most of the police men.
Golden Man saw Manxie slip thru their cars. The police recovered, the
Jester and Manxie both gone, and the commisionner, Thorrawt, sorely
angery.
"I'm sorry," said GM, in costume.
"You messed up everything, Golden Man. We had already captured the
Jester earlier. We forced him to be the bait for Manxie. But thru your
bungling, he got the weapons, blew off his handcuffs, got away, and Manxie
got our entire file on who she is! We don't have a second copy, or look at
it! It was from a unamoiusess source, whom we beleive to be Exodus Moses,
the crime boss, but now we can't pin anything on him! You've ruined all
our fallguys, you stupid vigilante!"
"So.... I didn't do good?"
"No!" Thorrawt retorted. "And leave the work to the police!"
Golden Man headed to his office, a bit downhearted.

Notes: A manx is a tailess cat.

Next: Day Three of Golden Man's first year on Earth! GM, who must prove
himself to Thorrawt, goes after Manxie, who is after the crime family of
Exodus Moses, getting them both in deep!

Everybody but Golden Man is mine, Tom Russell.