Amazon picks "Let the Great World Spin" as best book of 2009

chronicle

Nov 2, 2009, 10:32:15 AM11/2/09
(Amazon.com) - this year the top books fell into place with an almost
eerie agreement, led by our #1 choice, the closest we've ever come to
a truly unanimous pick at the top since I've been here. The Colum
McCann fans among us were clamoring for a copy of "Let the Great World
Spin" (Amazon.com: http://xrl.us/GreatWorldSpin ) when it was first
announced, and as soon as copies arrived they passed through our
offices like wildfire. Weirdo literary types, pop culture junkies, you
name it --everybody found something to love in McCann's lyrical story
of ten intricately connected lives in 1970s New York, set against the
backdrop of Philippe Petit's audacious tightrope walk between the Twin
Towers (Wikipedia: http://xrl.us/Petit ). We hope you'll agree..

The rest of the Top 10: http://xrl.us/MoreTop10

chronicle

Nov 2, 2009, 11:53:46 AM11/2/09