New review of Small Gods by Terry Pratchett

Gabriel

Oct 2, 2009, 1:19:25 AM10/2/09
I just wanted to let everyone know I've posted a new review, Small
Gods. One of my favorite Pratchett stories, I wanted to share. Once
again, any feedback and comments are appreciated. http://hubpages.com/hub/Small-Gods

Excerpt:
Welcome back once more to the world of Terry Pratchett's Discworld.
We've reached lucky number 13, Small Gods, the third independent novel
in the series, and even though I rarely think of it, one of my
favorites. It tells the story of a young man, raised in unquestioning
devotion to his religion, who gets to meet his god, and finds out what
faith is all about.

Brutha was raised by his grandmother, a very strict and devout Omnian,
who did all she could to beat her very clear ideas about her god, Om,
into the young man. Now Brutha would be the first to admit he's not
very bright, though many people would no doubt beat him to it, but he
does have a good memory. A very good memory. A perfect memory. He
can't make connections between things very well, but once he's seen
it, he never forgets. So it's probably a mixed blessing when Om
appears before him.