Now full confession

Eric Scerri

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98

OK its taken a few days but I think I'm beginning to get the hang of
this group.

So far we have

wannabee academics,
retired academics,
complte cranks,
high school dropouts,
raving loonies,

what no bored housewives?

But in all fairness to the high school dropout. He at least detected to
true error which Scientific American made on my behalf. THE mistake in
the article is where I apparently lay the blame on our (present)
inability to solve the many-body Schrodinger equation. What I should
have said was that even within the orbital approximation there has not
yet been a deductive justification of the order of shell filling. Were
it a slightly more scholarly journal I would have cited Lowdin's paper.

In fact all this was spotted weeks ago by several PROFESSIONAL
physicists who either got in touch with me or wrote to the journal
directly. There will be one such letter as well as a response from me
in a forthcoming issue, probably two months from now. In addition all
the international editions which appear in French, Italian, Spanish,
German, Japanese, Arabic, Chinese and god knows what else have all been
alerted in time.

So all your combined amateur efforts have been in vain but very
entertaining.
I thank you all very much for giving me so much of your not so valuable
time.

It has also been a very interesting for me to "hit the sreets" by
joining this group. Some of the street fighting strategies which I will
no doubt acquire will surely be of great service in my work.

Eric Scerri

Susan Young

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
Eric Scerri wrote:

> OK its taken a few days but I think I'm beginning to get the hang of
> this group.
>
> So far we have
>
> wannabee academics,
> retired academics,
> complte cranks,
> high school dropouts,
> raving loonies,
>
> what no bored housewives?

I believe I currently own the rights to that there cliche on this here ng.
(I'm willing to share.) I don't remember ever being bored, though.

ObSong: "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead", Warren Zevon

Meg Worley

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98

Rajappa writes:
>And this makes it different from other newsgroups how?

And it makes it bad how?

Not to mention, which is Eric?

Rave away,

meg

--
m...@steam.stanford.edu Comparatively Literate

Alan R. Light

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
Eric Scerri <scra...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>OK its taken a few days but I think I'm beginning to get the hang of
>this group.
>

>So far we have
>
>wannabee academics,
>retired academics,
>complte cranks,
>high school dropouts,
>raving loonies,
>
>what no bored housewives?

Ah, but in addition to yourself, whom you have described well enough,
considering the abilities you have displayed, there are also other posters
to this newsgroup.

They include:

Businessmen (some with doctorates)
Well known writers and theorists
Genuine Academics (some a little strange, but most are competent)
Librarians
Scientists and Researchers
Engineers
and myself, among others. The common thread is we like books --
that doesn't mean we all choose a book and then discuss it.
Chances are half the group wouldn't want to read that particular book,
and other have already read it, or are too busy with another book
to do so immediately. Thus, the discussion often includes books,
but hardly exclusively. If you have a book-related question, however,
somebody on the group can almost certainly help you. Well, maybe not you.

Alan
--
alight@ / http://users.vnet.net/alight \
vnet. / Free etexts @ http://www.ipl.org \

Michael Kagalenko

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
Alan R. Light (ali...@katie.vnet.net) wrote in article <70dvcb$t1f$1...@katie.vnet.net>

You forgot accordion players.

Anatoly Vorobey

Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 11:19:35 -0800,
Eric Scerri <scra...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>OK its taken a few days but I think I'm beginning to get the hang of
>this group.
>

>So far we have
>
>wannabee academics,
>retired academics,
>complte cranks,
>high school dropouts,
>raving loonies,
>
>what no bored housewives?

You are clueless. You have zero understanding of the purpose
and character of this newsgroup, you cannot avoid resorting
to incredibly stupid ad hominems, you cannot even formulate your
own opinion consistently, and you couldn't argue your way out of
an *open* paper bag.

Please go away. If you don't, strange and terrible things will happen
to you. Sophia Barkat will write a verse about you and rhyme your
family name (ideas, anyone?). Paschal will tell you that she likes you.
Kagalenko will write thirty-seven one-liners following up your posts.
Jim Collier will ask you to name any books you read lately.
If you value whatever in you that passes for sanity, get out while
you still can, and be VERY careful not to look back on your way out.

*Sheesh*.

--
Anatoly Vorobey,
mel...@pobox.com http://pobox.com/~mellon/

paschal

Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98

On 18 Oct 1998, Alan R. Light wrote:

> Eric Scerri <scra...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >OK its taken a few days but I think I'm beginning to get the hang of
> >this group.
> >

> >So far we have
> >
> >wannabee academics,
> >retired academics,
> >complte cranks,
> >high school dropouts,
> >raving loonies,
> >
> >what no bored housewives?
>

> Ah, but in addition to yourself, whom you have described well enough,
> considering the abilities you have displayed, there are also other posters
> to this newsgroup.
>
> They include:
>
> Businessmen (some with doctorates)
> Well known writers and theorists
> Genuine Academics (some a little strange, but most are competent)
> Librarians
> Scientists and Researchers
> Engineers
> and myself, among others. The common thread is we like books --
> that doesn't mean we all choose a book and then discuss it.
> Chances are half the group wouldn't want to read that particular book,
> and other have already read it, or are too busy with another book
> to do so immediately. Thus, the discussion often includes books,
> but hardly exclusively. If you have a book-related question, however,
> somebody on the group can almost certainly help you. Well, maybe not you.

(I'm not sure he's really interested in asking questions...)

But, Gee: where do *I* fit? I'm NONE of those listed things!

I usually feel like the shaggy, stray mutt who showed up at the back door
one night; and who, due to the kindness of the collective r.a.b. heart, is
allowed to sleep in the garage.

But I do love books. Boom-Boom told me long ago that loving books was
enough. :-P

-P.

Ken MacIver

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:27:44 -0700, o...@damned.spam (Larisa) wrote:

>Eric Scerri says...

[snip of idiot savant stuff, ending with]

>: what no bored housewives?
>
>Doesn't Sophy qualify?

Stone cold.

SubGenius

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98

Chris Krolczyk

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
o...@damned.spam (Larisa) writes:

>x-no-archive:yes

>Eric Scerri says...

>: what no bored housewives?

>Doesn't Sophy qualify?

He wrote "bored housewives", not "housewiving bores".

--
Chris Krolczyk
krol...@mcs.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/3048

Sanjiva Prasad

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
paschal:

> I usually feel like the shaggy, stray mutt who showed up at the back door
> one night; and who, due to the kindness of the collective r.a.b. heart, is
> allowed to sleep in the garage.

Paschal, you're a *cat*. You're in the garage since we are all tired of
having to get up to let you out ever so often.

> But I do love books. Boom-Boom told me long ago that loving books was
> enough. :-P

So what is your act? You curl up with a few pages between the covers?
And then...?

-S.

tejas

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98

It's a litter box gambit. Probably of the mentholated/deodorized
variety.

ObHow-To-Book: KITTY TORTURE by DS Phantom & Bosco da Gama
--
TBSa...@richmond.infi.net (also te...@infi.net)
'Do the boogie woogie in the South American way'

Francis Muir

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
tejas:

> Sanjiva Prasad:

> > paschal:
> >
> > > I usually feel like the shaggy, stray mutt who showed up at the
> > > back door one night; and who, due to the kindness of the
> > > collective r.a.b. heart, is allowed to sleep in the garage.
> >
> > Paschal, you're a *cat*. You're in the garage since we are all tired
> > of having to get up to let you out ever so often.
> >
> > > But I do love books. Boom-Boom told me long ago that loving
> > > books wasenough. :
> >
> > So what is your act? You curl up with a few pages between the
> > covers? And then...?
>
> It's a litter box gambit. Probably of the mentholated/deodorized
> variety.

If it clumps, she will use it.

Uche Ogbuji

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
Anatoly Vorobey:

>Please go away. If you don't, strange and terrible things will happen
>to you. Sophia Barkat will write a verse about you and rhyme your

>family name (ideas, anyone?)....

Hey! Why didna _I_ get my family-name rhymed? I've been in line for
this procedure for years. Sucks when nouveaux RABbes cut in line.

--
Uche Ogbuji
uche....@fourthought.com

Gary Lee Stonum

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98

Uche Ogbuji wrote in message ...

>Anatoly Vorobey:
>
>>Please go away. If you don't, strange and terrible things
will happen
>>to you. Sophia Barkat will write a verse about you and
rhyme your
>>family name (ideas, anyone?)....
>
>Hey! Why didna _I_ get my family-name rhymed? I've been
in line for
>this procedure for years. Sucks when nouveaux RABbes cut
in line.

Yeah, but the true prize would be getting yourself cast in
the Grandpa Francis movie, now apparently into preproduction
on that other thread.

Sorry, I don't have an actor for your part, but (age and
ethnicity notwithstanding), I'd vote Joe Pesci for Mike
Godwin. The real question is who does Steve Buscemi play,
unless we give him everyone who
crossposts in alt.postmodern.

Gary
(who can only be played by Martin Mull, then left on the
cutting room floor)

--
=== Gary Lee Stonum ===
http://www.cwru.edu/artsci/engl/faculty/stonum.html

Francis Muir

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
Gary Lee Stonum:

> Yeah, but the true prize would be getting yourself cast in
> the Grandpa Francis movie, now apparently into preproduction
> on that other thread.
>
> Sorry, I don't have an actor for your part, but (age and
> ethnicity notwithstanding), I'd vote Joe Pesci for Mike
> Godwin. The real question is who does Steve Buscemi play,
> unless we give him everyone who
> crossposts in alt.postmodern.
>
> Gary (who can only be played by Martin Mull, then left on the
> cutting room floor)

Direction by Heather "Heathen" Henderson, but only if she
wears those jodhpurs (notice spelling please), but who will
be Best Boy? Chief Grip?

Francis

m...@ptyx.com

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
"Gary Lee Stonum" <gx...@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
>Uche Ogbuji wrote in message ...
>>Anatoly Vorobey:

>>>Please go away. If you don't, strange and terrible things will happen
>>>to you. Sophia Barkat will write a verse about you and rhyme your
>>>family name (ideas, anyone?)....

>>Hey! Why didna _I_ get my family-name rhymed? I've been in line for
>>this procedure for years. Sucks when nouveaux RABbes cut in line.

>Yeah, but the true prize would be getting yourself cast in

>the Grandpa Francis movie, now apparently into preproduction
>on that other thread.
>
>Sorry, I don't have an actor for your part, but (age and
>ethnicity notwithstanding), I'd vote Joe Pesci for Mike
>Godwin. The real question is who does Steve Buscemi play,
>unless we give him everyone who
>crossposts in alt.postmodern.
>
>Gary
>(who can only be played by Martin Mull, then left on the
>cutting room floor)

Francis Muir -- Ian McKellen
John McCarthy -- Rod Steiger
Joan Shields -- Mia Farrow
Richard Harter -- Gene Hackman
Meg Worley -- Lili Taylor
Mike Morris -- Oliver Platt
Matthew Wiener -- Joe Pesci
Silke-Maria Weineck -- Marilyn Chambers
Michael Sean Rooney -- Thomas Jay Ryan
Mike Godwin -- Philip Seymour Hoffman
Philip Nikolayev -- Sergei Bodrov, Jr.
Ron Hardin -- John Cleese
T.H. Chance -- Jack Nicholson
Mario Taboada -- Daniel Auteuil
Ted Samsel -- Tom Waits
Lew Mammel, Jr. -- Bill Murray
Sayan Bhattacharyya -- Ben Stiller
Mikhail Zeleny -- Jean Reno
Tal Kubo -- Roberto Benigni
Fiona Webster -- Kathy Bates
Michael Kagalenko -- Denis Leary
Paul Johnson -- Peter Weller
David Swanson -- Pee-Wee Herman
Noel Smith -- Chris Elliot
Uche Ogbuji -- Geoffrey Rush
Jorn Barger -- Cheech Martin
William Grosso -- Jon Lovitz
Sophia Barkat -- Parker Posey
Eric Scerri -- Brad Dourif

Cordially -- Mikhail Zel...@math.ucla.edu * M...@ptyx.com ** www.ptyx.com
God: "Sum id quod sum." ** 7576 Willow Glen Road, Los Angeles, CA 90046
Descartes: "Cogito ergo sum." * 323.876.8234 (fon) * 323.876.8054 (fax)
Popeye: "Sum id quod sum et id totum est quod sum." **** www.alonzo.org
since 2.26.1958 ** itinerant assault philosopher ** will think for food

Alan R. Light

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

How come I always get left out of these lists? Do I not make
a big enough impression on this newsgroup? Should I start being
more aggressive and less reasonable? And what about that second column --
I don't think I've seen *one* of those names around here.

Apparently I've been outclassed by a bunch of lurkers. Thanks a lot.

Susan Young

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Alan R. Light wrote:

<snip of interesting but necessarily incomplete list>

> How come I always get left out of these lists? Do I not make
> a big enough impression on this newsgroup? Should I start being
> more aggressive and less reasonable? And what about that second column --
> I don't think I've seen *one* of those names around here.
>
> Apparently I've been outclassed by a bunch of lurkers. Thanks a lot.

Join the club, son. Loftus and Latane aren't on there either, for starters.
Poor Loftus, he'll be disappointed.

Other frequent & infrequent posters not mentioned: Maureen Scobie, Bob Teeter
and his loverly wife, (not to mention Ari) Evelyn Leeper, Jeff Inman, Susan
Otto, paschal, Sanjiva, Raghu Seshadri, Dorai Sitaram, Dene Bebbington, Chris
Krolczyk, even moggin, for God's sake! (or not, whichever he prefers), Bruce
MacGuffin, CHQ Sorsby, Charlotte Blackmer, Gerry Quinn, Michael Carley, Ken
MacIver, Paul Ilechko, Jeff del Col, Don Tuite, Marcy Thompson.....me.....<g>

You can't get much less inclusive than leaving out the faq maintainer and the webmaster.

Susan

ObBook: The Alex. Quartet, Justine (Durrell liked to list names too)

Susan Young

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
<snip of Alan's plaint & my reply>

Bob Gore and Boom-boom aren't on it either.

S.

Paul Ilechko

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
On 23 Oct 1998 07:34:26 -0400, ali...@katie.vnet.net (Alan R. Light)
wrote:

>How come I always get left out of these lists? Do I not make
>a big enough impression on this newsgroup? Should I start being
>more aggressive and less reasonable? And what about that second column --
>I don't think I've seen *one* of those names around here.

>Apparently I've been outclassed by a bunch of lurkers. Thanks a lot.

Hey, me too. Tell you what - you can be Robert Redford if I can be
Paul Newman ;-)

***************

Paul Ilechko
http://www.transarc.com/~pilechko/homepage.htm

tejas

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Paul Ilechko wrote:

> On 23 Oct 1998 07:34:26 -0400, ali...@katie.vnet.net (Alan R. Light)
> wrote:
>

> >How come I always get left out of these lists? Do I not make
> >a big enough impression on this newsgroup? Should I start being
> >more aggressive and less reasonable? And what about that second column --
> >I don't think I've seen *one* of those names around here.
>
> >Apparently I've been outclassed by a bunch of lurkers. Thanks a lot.
>
> Hey, me too. Tell you what - you can be Robert Redford if I can be
> Paul Newman ;-)

I'm much older than Tom Waites. It's either Rip Torn, Wilford Brimley,
Walter Huston or Brian Dennehey. My brother is either Harry Dean Stanton
or Marty Feldman.

ObBiog: MY WICKED, WICKED WAYS by Errol Flynn

Paul Ilechko

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:25:09 -0400, tejas <tbsa...@richmond.infi.net>
wrote:

>I'm much older than Tom Waites.

That maybe so, but I can imagine you playing dirty water on a
Swordfishtrombone ..

Paul.

Meg Worley

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Teodito cavills:

>I'm much older than Tom Waites. It's either Rip Torn, Wilford Brimley,
>Walter Huston or Brian Dennehey. My brother is either Harry Dean Stanton
>or Marty Feldman.

Not by much, you aren't, amigo. Dec. 7, 1949 is his bd --
you were still a diaper-loader then, I'm a-guessin'.

ObBook: Merimee's *Carmen*, which was made into a film
with Tom Waits, I shit you not.

Rage away,

Joan Marie Shields

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

<m...@ptyx.com> wrote:
>Francis Muir -- Ian McKellen
>John McCarthy -- Rod Steiger
>Joan Shields -- Mia Farrow

I think that Mia Farrow would be better as Paschal - Joan Cusack would
be a better choice for me

Alan Light - Steven Buscami
Marcy Williams - Jeanene Garafelo
Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson
Joe Green - Marlon Brando in a dream sequence
Loftus - Kevin Spacey
Latane - Kevin Spacey
- he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)
Chris Krolczyk - John Cusack

I'm sure there are more but my mind is stuck right now,

yours in wet fishes and Sam Jackson can play a Spanish anarchist - can
there please be a Spanish anarchist? Please?

joan
--
Joan Shields jshi...@uci.edu http://www.ags.uci.edu/~jshields
University of California - Irvine School of Social Ecology

Don Tuite

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

Nor the absent Joe Green or John Wodylo.

But Cheech *Martin*?

Don

tejas

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Joan Marie Shields wrote:

> Alan Light - Steven Buscami
> Marcy Williams - Jeanene Garafelo
> Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson
> Joe Green - Marlon Brando in a dream sequence
> Loftus - Kevin Spacey
> Latane - Kevin Spacey
> - he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
> might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)

Nah, Dennis Hopper should play both of them.

> Chris Krolczyk - John Cusack
>
> I'm sure there are more but my mind is stuck right now,
>
> yours in wet fishes and Sam Jackson can play a Spanish anarchist - can
> there please be a Spanish anarchist? Please?

Only if Roberto Begnino plays his sidekick.

Robert Teeter

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Joan Marie Shields (jshi...@rigel.oac.uci.edu) wrote:

: Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson

I was just asked about him. Now I know why.

: Loftus - Kevin Spacey

: Latane - Kevin Spacey
: - he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
: might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)

Somebody was confusing these two Davids. That person should
read the thread on the morality of war.

--
Bob Teeter (rte...@netcom.com) | http://www.wco.com/~rteeter/
"Like all those possessing a library, Aurelian was aware that he

Susan Young

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

Indeed.

More roles-yet-to-be-cast:

Larisa Migachov
Irina Bondarenko
Paul Lanier
SubGenius
Robot Veg
Joann Zimmerman
Phyllis Chamberlain
Michael Wade

Casting choices:

Susan Otto--Diane Keaton
Myself--Meryl Streep (no matter what Andy says, I'm not Anne Bancroft)
Claudia Sorsby--Daria
SubGenius--Harvey Keitel
Paul Ilechko--Ralph Fiennes
Alan Light--Matthew Broderick
Jeff Inman--Chuck Norris
Michael Wade--Graham Chapman
Dene Bebbington--a better-behaved Hugh Grant

Susan

m...@ptyx.com

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
to ku...@math.brown.edu
jshi...@rigel.oac.uci.edu (Joan Marie Shields ) wrote:
><m...@ptyx.com> wrote:

>>Francis Muir -- Ian McKellen
>>John McCarthy -- Rod Steiger
>>Joan Shields -- Mia Farrow

>I think that Mia Farrow would be better as Paschal - Joan Cusack would
>be a better choice for me

In your own movie, by all means. In this one, Paschal will be played
by Annie Sprinkle.

>Alan Light - Steven Buscami

>Marcy Williams - Jeanene Garafelo

>Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson

>Joe Green - Marlon Brando in a dream sequence

No.

Alan J. Light -- Vincent Gallo
Marcy Thompson -- Michelle Pfeiffer
Bob Teeter -- John Malkovich
Joe Green -- Tommy Lee Jones
Jonh Wojdylo -- Samuel L. Jackson
Gene Ward Smith -- Steven Buscemi
Michael Siemon -- Lily Tomlin
Tushar Samant -- Al Pacino
Michael Abalovich -- Jeff Goldblum
Robert Vienneau -- Griffin Dunne
Anatoly Vorobey -- David Arquette
Torkel Franzen -- Erland Josephson

Marlon Brando will play the moderator, in a dream sequence.

>Loftus - Kevin Spacey
>Latane - Kevin Spacey
> - he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
> might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)

No way.

David Loftus -- Lyle Lovett
David Latane -- Nathan Lane

>Chris Krolczyk - John Cusack

Paul Ilechko -- Robert Downey, Jr.
Irina Bondarenko -- Julianne Moore

Susan Young -- Louise Lasser
Maureen Scobie -- Glenn Close
Jeffrey Del Col -- William H. Macy
Evelyn Leeper -- Oprah Winfrey
Jeff Inman -- Chris Tucker
Susan Otto -- Madeleine Stowe
Sanjiva Prasad -- Chris Penn
Raghu Seshadri -- Sean Penn
Dene Bebbington -- Michael Palin
Moggin -- Gary Coleman
Bruce MacGuffin -- Jeff Bridges
Claudia HQ Sorsby -- Jennifer Jason Leigh
Gerry Quinn -- Aidan Quinn
Michael Carley -- Kevin Spacey
Ken MacIver -- Walter Matthau
Don Tuite -- Donald Sutherland

>I'm sure there are more but my mind is stuck right now,
>
>yours in wet fishes and Sam Jackson can play a Spanish anarchist - can
>there please be a Spanish anarchist? Please?

See above.

Dorai Sitaram

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
In article <3630D2B0...@ionet.net>,

Susan Young <you...@ionet.net> wrote:
>Don Tuite wrote:
>>
>> Susan Young wrote:
>> >
>> > Bob Gore and Boom-boom aren't on it either.
>>
>> Nor the absent Joe Green or John Wodylo.

John Wojdylo -- John Malkovich

--d

David J. Loftus

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

: Joan Marie Shields wrote:

: > Alan Light - Steven Buscami

: > Marcy Williams - Jeanene Garafelo
: > Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson
: > Joe Green - Marlon Brando in a dream sequence

: > Loftus - Kevin Spacey

: > Latane - Kevin Spacey
: > - he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
: > might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)

: Nah, Dennis Hopper should play both of them.

I like Dennis Hopper. But the roles he plays are nothing like what I
am. If I come across that way in this newsgroup, well ... that's
interesting.

Spacey could probably play me because Spacey can play just about
anything, but there's no physical resemblance.

David Loftus

P.S. You can sure tell this is a literary newsgroup by how many actors'
names are misspelled.

Paul Ilechko

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 13:02:08 -0600, Susan Young <you...@ionet.net>
wrote:

>More roles-yet-to-be-cast:

>Irina Bondarenko
How about Christina Ricci ?

>Casting choices:

>Paul Ilechko--Ralph Fiennes

It's obvious we've never met ;-)

I was once accused of resembling Edward Fox, though he might dispute
it.

Dorai Sitaram

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
In article <70qmrj$155$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <m...@ptyx.com> wrote:
>Sanjiva Prasad -- Chris Penn
>Raghu Seshadri -- Sean Penn

Really? Rather:

Sanjiva Prasad -- Jeremy Irons
Raghu Seshadri -- Leonard Nimoy

And while we're at it:

Mina Kumar -- Shelley Long
Rajappa Iyer -- Ted Danson

Paul Ilechko

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:53:23 GMT, m...@ptyx.com wrote:

>In your own movie, by all means. In this one, Paschal will be played
>by Annie Sprinkle.

I had thought of Oprah Winfrey in whiteface for Paschal

Jim Hartley

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Alan R. Light (ali...@katie.vnet.net) wrote:
> >Francis Muir -- Ian McKellen
> >John McCarthy -- Rod Steiger
> >Joan Shields -- Mia Farrow
[...]

> >Sophia Barkat -- Parker Posey
> >Eric Scerri -- Brad Dourif
[...]

and so on [That's English for u.s.w.]

So, what does it mean when one hasn't even heard of most of the actors
listed in this and all the subsequent posts?

My personal favorite explanation is that y'all watch too much TV. Go read
a book or something.

The Mandatory Book Reference: Simon, _The Sciences of the Artificial_

--
Jim Hartley
jhar...@mtholyoke.edu

David J. Loftus

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Paul Ilechko (pile...@NOSPAM.transarc.com) wrote:

: On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:53:23 GMT, m...@ptyx.com wrote:

: >In your own movie, by all means. In this one, Paschal will be played
: >by Annie Sprinkle.

: I had thought of Oprah Winfrey in whiteface for Paschal

Both are reasonable, although I like the idea of Annie Sprinkle as more
kinky.

The problem is, we know Sprinkle enjoys sex, not to mention sex
performance, but we only know that P. TALKS about liking it, and I'd be
willing to bet she's not into sex performance.

Sprinkle is ultimately too natural to play Paschal.

David Loftus

Paul Ilechko

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
>>Matthew Wiener -- Joe Pesci
OK. Or maybe Robert Englund ?

>>Silke-Maria Weineck -- Marilyn Chambers

Winona Ryder ?

>>Philip Nikolayev -- Sergei Bodrov, Jr.

Jerzy Radziwilowicz ?

>>Ron Hardin -- John Cleese

Bernard Hill ?

>>T.H. Chance -- Jack Nicholson

Donald Pleasence ?

>>Sayan Bhattacharyya -- Ben Stiller

Saeed Jaffrey ?

>>Mikhail Zeleny -- Jean Reno

Gordon Jackson ?

>>Fiona Webster -- Kathy Bates

Hope Davis ?

Gore Bob

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Susan Young wrote:

> <snip of Alan's plaint & my reply>
>

> Bob Gore and Boom-boom aren't on it either.

Um. This is not a problem, so far as I'm concerned. And how would
you cast the incomparable Boom-boom O'Toole? *Could* it be done? (I
suppose Judy Davis could at least be expected to get the accent right, and
maybe Wendy Hughes might do, in a pinch).
If it helps, Ted divulged that he pictured me as Henry Fonda (he
didn't specify, but I assumed he meant the Henry Fonda of Grapes of Wrath.
He may, of course, have been referring to the Henry Fonda of On Golden
Pond). He also visualized Jeff as the pre-pubescent Ronnie Howard.
Needless to say, we both managed to disappoint him.

Bob Gore

Gore Bob

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, tejas wrote:

> Paul Ilechko wrote:
> >
> > On 23 Oct 1998 07:34:26 -0400, ali...@katie.vnet.net (Alan R. Light)
> > wrote:
> >

> > >How come I always get left out of these lists? Do I not make
> > >a big enough impression on this newsgroup? Should I start being
> > >more aggressive and less reasonable? And what about that second column --
> > >I don't think I've seen *one* of those names around here.
> >
> > >Apparently I've been outclassed by a bunch of lurkers. Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Hey, me too. Tell you what - you can be Robert Redford if I can be
> > Paul Newman ;-)
>

> I'm much older than Tom Waites. It's either Rip Torn, Wilford Brimley,
> Walter Huston or Brian Dennehey. My brother is either Harry Dean Stanton
> or Marty Feldman.
>

> ObBiog: MY WICKED, WICKED WAYS by Errol Flynn

Gerard Depardieu could do it, but I had in mind someone crustier-
like Walter Brennan, let's say, except I'm afraid he's dead.

Bob Gore

Obreallyreallyreallybadtvshowfrommyyouth:The Real McCoys

Larisa Migachyov

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
8.3A3...@kvo.com> <3630D2B0...@ionet.net>:
Susan Young wrote:
:
:More roles-yet-to-be-cast:
:
:Larisa Migachov

Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one. I don't think I
look like any of the actresses I've seen. But does this have to be a
movie? Can't we do an opera instead? I think that rab is very operatic
in nature. :)

--
Larisa Migachyov * Quant'e bella giovinezza
Biomechanical Engineering * Che si fugge tuttavia!

maureen scobie

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
m...@ptyx.com wrote:

> Maureen Scobie -- Glenn Close

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
And foolish notion.

Marianne Faithful, save me from Glenn!

I want the deep, ruined voice.

Record: _Broken English_

M.

Michael Kagalenko

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Paul Ilechko (pile...@NOSPAM.transarc.com) wrote in article <3630e7fc...@newshost.transarc.com>
]>>Silke-Maria Weineck -- Marilyn Chambers
]Winona Ryder ?

Because both are overweight and overrated ?

tejas

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Paul Ilechko wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:53:23 GMT, m...@ptyx.com wrote:
>
> >In your own movie, by all means. In this one, Paschal will be played
> >by Annie Sprinkle.
>
> I had thought of Oprah Winfrey in whiteface for Paschal

I nearly spewed beer over the keyboard.

Three marks.

Michael Kagalenko

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Larisa Migachyov (l...@leland.Stanford.EDU) wrote in article <70qu02$9nc$4...@nntp.Stanford.EDU>
]8.3A3...@kvo.com> <3630D2B0...@ionet.net>:

]Susan Young wrote:
]:
]:More roles-yet-to-be-cast:
]:
]:Larisa Migachov
]
]Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one. I don't think I
]look like any of the actresses I've seen.

RuPaul.

]But does this have to be a

paschal

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

On 23 Oct 1998, Joan Marie Shields wrote:

> I think that Mia Farrow would be better as Paschal - Joan Cusack would
> be a better choice for me

Nah; I'm a green-eyed brunette, who has never had much interest in having
kids.

My buddy says Sandra Bullock, but only because some people have thought
I look a little like her, and he thinks so too.

Personally, I want to be played by Cissy Spacek, or a young Judy Garland.

-P., who, on first encountering r.a.b., wrote up a list much like this. I
thought Francis was a young Peter Graves, back then; and Silke an old
Shirley Winters. I thought Ted Samsel was a red-headed guy with a lot of
freckles, and Richard Harter sorta like Sean Connery. The only person
here I initially envisioned anything like himself, was Prof. McCarthy....

> >Richard Harter -- Gene Hackman
> >Meg Worley -- Lili Taylor
> >Mike Morris -- Oliver Platt

> >Matthew Wiener -- Joe Pesci

> >Silke-Maria Weineck -- Marilyn Chambers

> >Michael Sean Rooney -- Thomas Jay Ryan
> >Mike Godwin -- Philip Seymour Hoffman

> >Philip Nikolayev -- Sergei Bodrov, Jr.

> >Ron Hardin -- John Cleese

> >T.H. Chance -- Jack Nicholson

> >Mario Taboada -- Daniel Auteuil
> >Ted Samsel -- Tom Waits
> >Lew Mammel, Jr. -- Bill Murray

> >Sayan Bhattacharyya -- Ben Stiller

> >Mikhail Zeleny -- Jean Reno

> >Tal Kubo -- Roberto Benigni

> >Fiona Webster -- Kathy Bates

> >Michael Kagalenko -- Denis Leary
> >Paul Johnson -- Peter Weller
> >David Swanson -- Pee-Wee Herman
> >Noel Smith -- Chris Elliot
> >Uche Ogbuji -- Geoffrey Rush
> >Jorn Barger -- Cheech Martin
> >William Grosso -- Jon Lovitz

> >Sophia Barkat -- Parker Posey
> >Eric Scerri -- Brad Dourif
>

> Alan Light - Steven Buscami
> Marcy Williams - Jeanene Garafelo
> Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson
> Joe Green - Marlon Brando in a dream sequence
> Loftus - Kevin Spacey
> Latane - Kevin Spacey
> - he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
> might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)

> Chris Krolczyk - John Cusack
>

> I'm sure there are more but my mind is stuck right now,
>

> yours in wet fishes and Sam Jackson can play a Spanish anarchist - can
> there please be a Spanish anarchist? Please?

tejas

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Gore Bob wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Susan Young wrote:
>
> > <snip of Alan's plaint & my reply>
> >
> > Bob Gore and Boom-boom aren't on it either.
>
> Um. This is not a problem, so far as I'm concerned. And how would
> you cast the incomparable Boom-boom O'Toole? *Could* it be done? (I
> suppose Judy Davis could at least be expected to get the accent right, and
> maybe Wendy Hughes might do, in a pinch).
> If it helps, Ted divulged that he pictured me as Henry Fonda (he
> didn't specify, but I assumed he meant the Henry Fonda of Grapes of Wrath.

It was the YOUNG ABE LINCOLN (or ABE LINCOLN IN ILLINOIS).

> He may, of course, have been referring to the Henry Fonda of On Golden
> Pond). He also visualized Jeff as the pre-pubescent Ronnie Howard.
> Needless to say, we both managed to disappoint him.

Indeed. Jeff could be played by Woody Harrelson in wirerimmed glasses.

ObFineFlickJustSeen: The re-edited TOUCH OF EVIL. by Orson Welles.

paschal

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Sanjiva Prasad wrote:

> Paschal, you're a *cat*.

Meeeeeeeoooowwwwwww.

In addition to the Travis McGee stories, for which he's most well-known,
John D. MacDonald wrote a great little book about cats, _The House
Guests_.

-P.

Mina Kumar

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Dorai Sitaram wrote:

> Mina Kumar -- Shelley Long

Enna kuppai sollindirukkeil. Na vanthu Shelley Long-mathri illavai
illai. Rekha circa her marraige to Vinod Mehra is more like it. Though
I'd prefer Raakhee c. her first marraige.

--
Mina Kumar
http://www.concentric.net/~Minak

Michael S. Morris

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Friday, the 23rd of October, 1998

Who in the hell is Oliver Platt? I always figured
on Sean Connery, but Harrison Ford will do.

Mike Morris
(msmo...@netdirect.net)

Susan Young

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
Larisa Migachyov wrote:

> Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one. I don't think I

> look like any of the actresses I've seen. But does this have to be a

> movie? Can't we do an opera instead?

There are no rules.

> I think that rab is very operatic
> in nature. :)

I attended a performance of Lucia di Lammermuir last Saturday. I think rab
could do a creditable job of interpreting it: feuds, factions, paranormal
phenomena, a madwoman, surly relatives, political upheaval, religious
quarrels, psychosexual torment--you're right, rab has it all :-)

Susan

(sorry I left the y out of Migachyov)

j...@ncgr.org

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
you...@ionet.net wrote:

> Casting choices:

> Jeff Inman--Chuck Norris

Thanks for the thought (I think), but I'm guessing David Carradine
as Quai Chang Kane would be a closer match. He'd have to buzz
his head, grow a goatee, and wear glasses, though.

Jeff

Michael Sean Rooney

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98

m...@ptyx.com wrote in article <70pea1$s6r$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> Michael Sean Rooney -- Thomas Jay Ryan

A propos for my electronic persona, I suppose --
though I'd nix any dialogue written by Hal Hartley.

However, in reality, I am Takeshi Kitano.

> Mike Godwin -- Philip Seymour Hoffman

> Eric Scerri -- Brad Dourif

> Moggin -- Gary Coleman

These are highly amusing.

Cordially,

M.

Larisa Migachyov

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
Michael Kagalenko wrote:
:Larisa Migachyov (l...@leland.Stanford.EDU) wrote in article <70qu02$9nc$4...@nntp.Stanford.EDU>
:]8.3A3...@kvo.com> <3630D2B0...@ionet.net>:
:]Susan Young wrote:
:]:
:]:More roles-yet-to-be-cast:
:]:
:]:Larisa Migachov
:]
:]Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one. I don't think I

:]look like any of the actresses I've seen.
:
:RuPaul.
:
<laughing uncontrollably>

m...@ptyx.com

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98

See http://us.imdb.com/Name?Platt,+Oliver.

> I always figured
> on Sean Connery, but Harrison Ford will do.

Keep talking, and I'll change your casting to Danny de Vito.

Cordially -- Mikhail Zel...@math.ucla.edu * M...@ptyx.com ** www.ptyx.com
God: "Sum id quod sum." ** 7576 Willow Glen Road, Los Angeles, CA 90046
Descartes: "Cogito ergo sum." * 323.876.8234 (fon) * 323.876.8054 (fax)
Popeye: "Sum id quod sum et id totum est quod sum." **** www.alonzo.org
since 2.26.1958 ** itinerant assault philosopher ** will think for food

Alan R. Light

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
David J. Loftus <dl...@netcom.com> wrote:
>tejas (tbsa...@richmond.infi.net) wrote:
>
>: Joan Marie Shields wrote:
>
>: > Alan Light - Steven Buscami

>: > Marcy Williams - Jeanene Garafelo
>: > Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson
>: > Joe Green - Marlon Brando in a dream sequence
>: > Loftus - Kevin Spacey
>: > Latane - Kevin Spacey
>: > - he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
>: > might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)
>
>: Nah, Dennis Hopper should play both of them.
>
>I like Dennis Hopper. But the roles he plays are nothing like what I
>am. If I come across that way in this newsgroup, well ... that's
>interesting.
>
>P.S. You can sure tell this is a literary newsgroup by how many actors'
>names are misspelled.

Ah! the second column is the names of actors! that explains it! ;-)

Now I just have to find out who Steven Buscami is.

I was told once that I resembled a football player named Joe Montana,
I think it was, and elsewhen that I resembled the tennis player
that married Brooke Shields (can't recall his name), but I don't believe it.

I actually most closely resemble Gary Coleman, except for being white,
skinny, bearded, and tall, with straighter hair and a big nose.

Alan
--
alight@ / http://users.vnet.net/alight \
vnet. / Free etexts @ http://www.ipl.org \
net / and http://www.cs.cmu.edu/books.html \

m...@ptyx.com

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
to z...@ptyx.com
Michael Sean Rooney wrote:
>m...@ptyx.com wrote:

>>Michael Sean Rooney -- Thomas Jay Ryan

>A propos for my electronic persona, I suppose --
>though I'd nix any dialogue written by Hal Hartley.
>
>However, in reality, I am Takeshi Kitano.

Without wishing to question your mastery of chopsticks, this is a bad
fit for your youthful mien. To wit, if I cast Takeshi Kitano in your
part, I would have to exercise my first self-casting choice of Tatsuya
Nakadai, over a quarter century of our age difference notwithstanding.
Clearly, that would be "problematic". So how about the chronologically
appropriate Masakazu Tamura as per Lone Wolf and Cub: The Final Conflict,
a.k.a. A Handful of Sand?

>>Mike Godwin -- Philip Seymour Hoffman
>>Eric Scerri -- Brad Dourif
>>Moggin -- Gary Coleman

>These are highly amusing.

Jim Hartley -- Dylan Baker
Gore Bob -- Steve Martin
Mina Kumar -- Fairuza Balk
Jim Collier -- Marilyn Vos Savant
Boom-Boom O'Toole -- Lara Flynn Boyle
Larisa Migachyov -- Charlotte Gainsbourg
Michael Wade -- Richard E. Grant
Jeffrey Davis -- Fred Ward
Marek Lugowski -- Boy George
G*rd*n Fitch -- Jim Broadbent
Richard A. Schulman -- John Vernon
Dylan Bryan-Dolman -- Jude Law
Victor Yodaiken -- Chow Yun Fat

And who could forget the walk-on by Gong Li as the ephemeral Erin Zhu?

tejas

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
Alan R. Light wrote:

> Now I just have to find out who Steven Buscami is.

The skinny hit-goon in FARGO

> I was told once that I resembled a football player named Joe Montana,
> I think it was, and elsewhen that I resembled the tennis player
> that married Brooke Shields (can't recall his name), but I don't believe it.
>
> I actually most closely resemble Gary Coleman, except for being white,
> skinny, bearded, and tall, with straighter hair and a big nose.

Back before goatees were popular and I had one, I was mistaken for
folksinger John Prine. The guy who wrote YOUR FLAG DECAL WON"T GET
YOU INTO HEAVEN ANY MORE. Neither of us were drunk at the time. And
once, before he got big, I got backstage by claiming to be Willie
Nelson, probably due to the fact that the Francophone geologist I
was with was in hotpants and halter top. She doesn't wear that much
anymore since she became a Sc**nt*l*g*ts.

ObBook: TEXAS RISING by D.S. Phantom

Francis Muir

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
mz:

> And who could forget the walk-on by Gong Li as the ephemeral
> Erin Zhu?

And who but Mikhail could forget the proper meanings of ephemeral?
Also, who gets to play the dog?

Susan Young

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
m...@ptyx.com wrote:

> Susan Young -- Louise Lasser

No, if I have to be someone from Mary Hartman Mary Hartman I want to be Mary
Kay Place--I look more like her, I certainly act more like her, and she's a
Tulsa homegirl.

S.

Dorai Sitaram

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
In article <3630F6...@concentric.net>,

Mina Kumar <mi...@concentric.net> wrote:
>Dorai Sitaram wrote:
>
>> Mina Kumar -- Shelley Long
>
>Enna kuppai sollindirukkeil. Na vanthu Shelley Long-mathri illavai
>illai. Rekha circa her marraige to Vinod Mehra is more like it. Though
>I'd prefer Raakhee c. her first marraige.

Oh this isn't about looks -- I am sure you're far more
fetching than Long. I just couldn't turn down an
obvious 2-fer for you and the Ted Danson character
going aargh over your erudition. Here's hoping that
your plonking of each other ceases some day.

--d

paschal

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, tejas wrote:

> Paul Ilechko wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:53:23 GMT, m...@ptyx.com wrote:
> >
> > >In your own movie, by all means. In this one, Paschal will be played
> > >by Annie Sprinkle.
> >
> > I had thought of Oprah Winfrey in whiteface for Paschal
>
> I nearly spewed beer over the keyboard.
>
> Three marks.

Well, I've only seen Oprah a few times, and don't know much about her or
understand why this is "funny". But she's always seemed to be a smart,
strong lady who is working hard at things that matter to her; so I'll
take it as a compliment.

But if I'm going to be played by a black woman, I want Whoopi. She's my
favorite commedienne, and I admire the fact that she lives her life
*exactly* her own way, no matter what anyone says or thinks about her.

-P.

Joan Marie Shields

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98

Joan Shields wrote:
>> Alan Light - Steven Buscami
>> Marcy Williams - Jeanene Garafelo
>> Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson
>> Joe Green - Marlon Brando in a dream sequence
>> Loftus - Kevin Spacey
>> Latane - Kevin Spacey
>> - he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
>> might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)

>Nah, Dennis Hopper should play both of them.

Now, that would be scarey - or is that the point? :)

>> yours in wet fishes and Sam Jackson can play a Spanish anarchist - can
>> there please be a Spanish anarchist? Please?

>Only if Roberto Begnino plays his sidekick.

No, that wouldn't be right. His sidekick has to be Bulgarian - that's
very very improtant. It wouldn't work otherwise.

ObBook: Four Hands - Paco Ignacio Taibo II

yours in wet fishes and I adore the Davids in much the same way I have
a fondness for Spanish anarchists,

Joan Marie Shields

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
Alan R. Light <ali...@katie.vnet.net> wrote:
>>: > Alan Light - Steven Buscami

[...]

>Ah! the second column is the names of actors! that explains it! ;-)

>Now I just have to find out who Steven Buscami is.

Go out and rent "Fargo" - and don't worry about the ending :)

yours in wet fishes and he also did another movie, I think it might
have been something for HBO - can't recall the name right now but
I did enjoy the parts of it I saw,

Ken MacIver

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
On 23 Oct 1998 20:24:08 GMT, jhar...@mtholyoke.edu (Jim Hartley)
wrote:

>Alan R. Light (ali...@katie.vnet.net) wrote:
>> >Francis Muir -- Ian McKellen
>> >John McCarthy -- Rod Steiger
>> >Joan Shields -- Mia Farrow
>[...]

>> >Sophia Barkat -- Parker Posey

>> >Eric Scerri -- Brad Dourif

>[...]
>
>and so on [That's English for u.s.w.]
>
>So, what does it mean when one hasn't even heard of most of the actors
>listed in this and all the subsequent posts?

For me, it meant I'm no movie buff. At least I've heard of Walter
Matthau, "my" assigned actor. And, since I am a big, old, rumpled
character, that's fine by me, even if Walter is a quarter of a century
older than me. Until I quit smoking more than twelve years ago, I
have asked for the Bogie of Rick's Cafe or maybe Captain Harry of To
Have and Have Not.

Ken

Lewis Mammel

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
Alan R. Light wrote:

> I was told once that I resembled a football player named Joe Montana,
> I think it was, and elsewhen that I resembled the tennis player
> that married Brooke Shields (can't recall his name), but I don't believe it.

That'd be Andre Agassi.

> I actually most closely resemble Gary Coleman, except for being white,
> skinny, bearded, and tall, with straighter hair and a big nose.

Chris Elliot !!

Lew Mammel, Jr.

Michael Zeleny

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
to Francis Muir
Francis Muir <fra...@stanford.edu> wrote:

Fido, my prescriptive grammarian nanny, you don't see Erin around
these parts much anymore, do you? Although Gong Li is superannuated
by a decade and not fetching enough by half, one makes do with the
material at hand. Speaking of which, the dogs get to play the dogs.

Cordially -- Mikhail Zel...@math.ucla.edu * M...@ptyx.com ** www.ptyx.com
God: "Sum id quod sum." ** 7576 Willow Glen Road, Los Angeles, CA 90046

Descartes: "Cogito ergo sum." * 213.876.8234 (fon) * 213.876.8054 (fax)

Popeye: "Sum id quod sum et id totum est quod sum." **** www.alonzo.org

established on 2.26.1958 ** itinerant philosopher * will think for food

Jim Collier

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
Joan Marie Shields wrote:

> Alan R. Light <ali...@katie.vnet.net> wrote:
> >>: > Alan Light - Steven Buscami
>
> [...]
>
> >Ah! the second column is the names of actors! that explains it! ;-)
>
> >Now I just have to find out who Steven Buscami is.
>
> Go out and rent "Fargo" - and don't worry about the ending :)

The ending was a gas. The post office bought the sheriff's husband's
stamp design. (It had earlier been rejected? I've forgotten.) He
had pretty weighty matters on his mind. That was quite a tongue-
lashing she gave to Buscami's partner-in-crime. I counted three or
four "hecks" and "darns" and I thought she was on the verge of using
even stronger language.

No, wait. THE ending was at a motel in Bismarck...

Jim

Puss in Boots

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
Ted:

> Once, before he got big, I got backstage by claiming to be Willie

> Nelson, probably due to the fact that the Francophone geologist I
> was with was in hotpants and halter top. She doesn't wear that much
> anymore since she became a Sc**nt*l*g*ts.

It don't seem she could wear much less.

-- Moggin

Eric Scerri

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98

Well, well, I get a part in the movie without even trying even after
just stumbling across rab.

What an honour!

Maybe I will stay after all folks.

I have just been to a conference all about science wars. Now I'm really
fed up with the issue.
People could not believe that I had been cast as a pomo scientist.

Maybe I should now go back to annoying people on rab. I'm sure you have
all missed my input and are looking for further stimuli for group
self-analysis such as this incredible bunch of one liners on friday and
saturday.

Eric Scerri

j...@ncgr.org

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
you...@ionet.net wrote:
> Larisa Migachyov wrote:

> > I think that rab is very operatic
> > in nature. :)
>
> I attended a performance of Lucia di Lammermuir last Saturday. I think rab
> could do a creditable job of interpreting it: feuds, factions, paranormal
> phenomena, a madwoman, surly relatives, political upheaval, religious
> quarrels, psychosexual torment--you're right, rab has it all :-)

Mark Twain cliamed that he didn't enjoy opera much. It always reminded
him of the night the orphanage burned down.

Larisa Migachyov

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>:
Incidentally, who is Charlotte Gainsbourg?

Michael Zeleny

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
to l...@leland.stanford.edu

Michael Zeleny

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Paul Ilechko <pile...@NOSPAM.transarc.com> wrote:

>>>Matthew Wiener -- Joe Pesci
>OK. Or maybe Robert Englund ?

Too tall. We need a Napoleon figure.

>>>Silke-Maria Weineck -- Marilyn Chambers
>Winona Ryder ?

Too slutty. We need an Ivory Girl.

>>>Philip Nikolayev -- Sergei Bodrov, Jr.
>Jerzy Radziwilowicz ?

Way too old.

>>>Ron Hardin -- John Cleese
>Bernard Hill ?

Gets drowned by three women. A definite maybe.

>>>T.H. Chance -- Jack Nicholson
>Donald Pleasence ?

No longer available.

>>>Sayan Bhattacharyya -- Ben Stiller
>Saeed Jaffrey ?

Too conservative.

>>>Mikhail Zeleny -- Jean Reno
>Gordon Jackson ?

Are you just trolling for your part being filled by Linda Hunt?

>>>Fiona Webster -- Kathy Bates
>Hope Davis ?

Needs more meat on her bones.

maureen scobie

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Eric Scerri wrote:
> Maybe I should now go back to annoying people on rab. I'm sure you have
> all missed my input and are looking for further stimuli for group
> self-analysis such as this incredible bunch of one liners on friday and
> saturday.
>
> Eric Scerri
Play by the rules (sliding)! Mention a book (preferably one you have
read) which you can recommend that others (some) read. You don't want a
resurrected Clifton Webb starring as Scerri.

Book for Sunday: Lewis Hyde, _Trickster Makes This World: Mischief,
Myth, and Art_ (1998)

Maureen

maureen scobie

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Larisa Migachyov wrote:

> 1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>:
>
> Incidentally, who is Charlotte Gainsbourg?
>
> --
> Larisa Migachyov * Quant'e bella giovinezza
> Biomechanical Engineering * Che si fugge tuttavia!
> Stanford University * Chi vuol esser lieto, sia;
> http://www.stanford.edu/~lvm * Di doman non c'e certezza.

English actress who made her films in France. Tall, slim, beautiful,
wild. Married as a teenager (I believe) to the now-dead Serge G. (French
singer?) I could be totally wrong. Memory is fleeting.

Maureen

Book for Sunday: Marguerite Duras, _Les petits chevaux de
Tarquinia_(1953)

sayan bhattacharyya

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
Joan Marie Shields <jshi...@taurus.oac.uci.edu> wrote:

>>Now I just have to find out who Steven Buscami is.
>
>yours in wet fishes and he also did another movie, I think it might
>have been something for HBO - can't recall the name right now but
>I did enjoy the parts of it I saw,

He did a movie called Trees Lounge (I think he directed it, as well).
This may be the movie you're thinking of. By the way, I think he's
Buscemi. not Buscami.

David E Latane

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Michael Zeleny wrote:

> Larisa Migachyov <l...@leland.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
>
> >Incidentally, who is Charlotte Gainsbourg?
>

> Principally, http://us.imdb.com/Name?Gainsbourg,+Charlotte,

I looked there. She apparently starred in a version of Jane Eyre for
which the following was the complete "plot summary."

Jane Eyre is an orphan who was raised by her aunt until she came to
Thornfield Hall as governess to the young ward of Edward Rochester.
But Jane is attracted by the intelligent and energetic Sir Rochester,
a man of almost twice her age. But just when Sir Rochester seems to
pay attention to her, he invites the beautiful and wealthy Blanche
Ingram to stay at his house.

That's it. Aside from the fact that Jane is raised at school and "Sir
Rochester" doesn't exist, were there any other deviations from the novel
of the same name?

D. Latane

Susan Young

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
maureen scobie wrote:

> Larisa Migachyov wrote:

> > Incidentally, who is Charlotte Gainsbourg?

> English actress who made her films in France. Tall, slim, beautiful,

> wild. Married as a teenager (I believe) to the now-dead Serge G. (French
> singer?) I could be totally wrong. Memory is fleeting.

You're thinking of Jane Birkin. Charlotte is the daughter of Jane B. and Serge Gainsbourg.

ObSong: "Je t'aime"

Susan

maureen scobie

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
You are right, Susan. I sit here corrected. I must get some more
up-to-date cultural references.

Maureen

Tom Stoppard's _Dogg's Hamlet, Cahoot's Macbeth_

Michael Zeleny

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
to Charlotte L. Blackmer
Charlotte L. Blackmer <c...@rahul.net> wrote:
><m...@ptyx.com> wrote:
>>"Gary Lee Stonum" <gx...@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

>>>Yeah, but the true prize would be getting yourself cast in
>>>the Grandpa Francis movie, now apparently into preproduction
>>>on that other thread.
>>>
>>>Sorry, I don't have an actor for your part, but (age and
>>>ethnicity notwithstanding), I'd vote Joe Pesci for Mike
>>>Godwin. The real question is who does Steve Buscemi play,
>>>unless we give him everyone who
>>>crossposts in alt.postmodern.
>>>
>>>Gary
>>>(who can only be played by Martin Mull, then left on the
>>>cutting room floor)

>[Snip, snip...speaking of cutting-room floor, most of the post has gone
>there]

>>Meg Worley -- Lili Taylor
>.
>.
>.

>>Mike Godwin -- Philip Seymour Hoffman

>Since these two rabbistae are the only two I've met in RL (had dinner with
>one other but she didn't Make The List), would some kind soul point me towards
>a film or two in which I can see these actors? I'm not very up on movies.

For Meg Worley's proxy, check out Abel Ferrara's _The Addiction_, the
ultimate account of graduate school alimentation. At this time, Lili
Taylor can be seen in Stanley Tucci's _The Impostors_, whereas Philip
Seymour Hoffman is to be found as Scotty sucking up to, and hitting on
Mark Wahlberg's Dirk Diggler in Paul Thomas Anderson's _Boogie Nights_,
and, definitively, making obscene phone calls whilst choking his chicken
as hapless Allen in Todd Solondz' sublime _Happiness_, now playing at
your friendly neighborhood artsy-fartsy multiplex.

>I'm thinking Emma Thompson for Our Meg. 'Course, I wouldn't mind having
>Emma Thompson play me but I am definitely a bit player (along the lines of
>"Woman at Restaurant") in this epic. Maybe Frances McDormand would do a
>cameo...

OK, you are Emma Thompson. Just don't say fuckity-fuck, pretty please.

>>Michael Kagalenko -- Denis Leary

>Oooh, a musical. This has possibilities.
>

>CLB, practicing her scales
>Charlotte L. Blackmer http://www.rahul.net/clb
>Berkeley Farm and Pleasure Palace (under construction)
>Junk (esp. commercial) email review rates: $250 US ea

Charlotte L. Blackmer

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
In article <70pea1$s6r$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <m...@ptyx.com> wrote:
>"Gary Lee Stonum" <gx...@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

>>Yeah, but the true prize would be getting yourself cast in
>>the Grandpa Francis movie, now apparently into preproduction
>>on that other thread.
>>
>>Sorry, I don't have an actor for your part, but (age and
>>ethnicity notwithstanding), I'd vote Joe Pesci for Mike
>>Godwin. The real question is who does Steve Buscemi play,
>>unless we give him everyone who
>>crossposts in alt.postmodern.

>>Gary
>>(who can only be played by Martin Mull, then left on the
>>cutting room floor)

[Snip, snip...speaking of cutting-room floor, most of the post has gone
there]

>Meg Worley -- Lili Taylor
.
.
.
>Mike Godwin -- Philip Seymour Hoffman

Since these two rabbistae are the only two I've met in RL (had dinner with
one other but she didn't Make The List), would some kind soul point me towards
a film or two in which I can see these actors? I'm not very up on movies.

I'm thinking Emma Thompson for Our Meg. 'Course, I wouldn't mind having

Emma Thompson play me but I am definitely a bit player (along the lines of
"Woman at Restaurant") in this epic. Maybe Frances McDormand would do a
cameo...

Irina Bondarenko

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
m...@ptyx.com wrote:

> Irina Bondarenko -- Julianne Moore

You wonderful sweet man! Of course, waay too good to me.
But I'm not complaining.
--
-Irina.

Joan Marie Shields

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98

Alan asked:

sayan bhattacharyya <bhat...@skynet.eecs.umich.edu> wrote:
>He did a movie called Trees Lounge (I think he directed it, as well).
>This may be the movie you're thinking of. By the way, I think he's
>Buscemi. not Buscami.

That's it. Thanks.

As for the spelling - I'm lucky I got that close :)

ObMovie: Reservoir Dogs - an ok remake of "City on Fire" directed by
Ringo Lam and starring Chow Yun Fat (the coolest man in the world)
and Danny Lee - Steven Buscemi was in RD as well.

yours in wet fishes and this space for rent,

Joan Marie Shields

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Robert Teeter <rte...@netcom.com> wrote:
Joan Shields (jshi...@rigel.oac.uci.edu) wrote:
>: Bob Teeter - Lance Hendrickson

> I was just asked about him. Now I know why.

Lucky guess on my part though I was going more by your personality
on-line and I've heard from a friend that Hendrickson is a pleasent
fellow and a gentleman.

>: Loftus - Kevin Spacey

>: Latane - Kevin Spacey
>: - he could play both with his eyes closed, which, come to think of it,
>: might be a good way to go about it with these two :):):):):)

> Somebody was confusing these two Davids. That person should
>read the thread on the morality of war.

Well, I missed that thread but I've caught bits of the Paul and his
letter thread - I stand by my suggestion :). Call it my warped sense
of humor :)

yours in wet fishes and wet kisses,

Irina Bondarenko

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Larisa Migachyov wrote:

> Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one. I don't think I
> look like any of the actresses I've seen. But does this have to be a
> movie? Can't we do an opera instead? I think that rab is very operatic
> in nature. :)

A great idea! Dibs on Ruth Ann Swenson singing me.

obSong: "Why Can't I be you"
--
-Irina.

Joan Marie Shields

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Larisa Migachyov wrote:
>> I think that rab is very operatic
>> in nature. :)

Susan Young <you...@ionet.net> wrote:
>I attended a performance of Lucia di Lammermuir last Saturday. I think rab
>could do a creditable job of interpreting it: feuds, factions, paranormal
>phenomena, a madwoman, surly relatives, political upheaval, religious
>quarrels, psychosexual torment--you're right, rab has it all :-)

An opera would be good idea though I was thinking more along the lines
of a movie like "The Party" (Peter Sellers). An ensemble piece -
perhaps a large rabfest with a variety of stories all going on at once.

Ted and Tom Waites can do the score.

Halfway through the movie we could have nane and alt.postmodernism, in
a quasi-military/terrorist theme, crash the party.

ObBook: anything by Martha Stewart or Miss Manners - what would we
serve at this party?

yours in wet fishes and the Godwin and Zelanzy duel thread could be
an interesting way to move the movie forward. They go through a
series of weapons...

Irina Bondarenko

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Paul Ilechko wrote:

> >Irina Bondarenko
> How about Christina Ricci ?

I have some years on her, but who cares. Of course, she'll
have to duke it out with Julianne Moore. Ha ha.

> >Casting choices:
>
> >Paul Ilechko--Ralph Fiennes
>
> It's obvious we've never met ;-)
>
> I was once accused of resembling Edward Fox, though he might dispute
> it.

Much too old. I picture Emilio Estevez.
--
-Irina.

David J. Loftus

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98

Points of information.

Charlotte Blackmer asked about Lili Taylor, who until this year had
developed a pretty weird and unattractive screen image, what with
starring "I Shot Andy Warhol," among others.

Someone else asked about Oliver Platt, and it just so happens he appears
in Stanley Tucci's delightful new farce WITH Lili Taylor in an amazingly
sweet ingenue role AND with Steve Buscemi, whose startling turn at the
microphone I mentioned on another thread.

Buscemi, as has been noted by others, has specialized in creepy losers,
from Reservoir Dogs to Fargo. He can also be seen in _Things to Do in
Denver When You're Dead_, an unsuccessful and fairly violent feature that
has its moments.

Regarding Platt, he is probably best known as a sleazy attorney in ...
oh hell, that stupid Adrian Lyne flick in which Demi Moore agrees with
her husband Woody Harrelson to sleep with Robert Redford for a million
dollars, and as the manic, coke-sniffing campaign manager in _Bulworth_,
but he's done stuff with more reach. I really liked his star turn in
_Funny Bones_, the strange film about stand-up comedy in Blackpool, with
Jerry Lewis in a supporting role of surprising depth. The first thing I
ever saw him in was a fairly small supporting role as the protagonist's
FBI partner in _Married to the Mob_.

David Loftus

Irina Bondarenko

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Joan Marie Shields wrote:

> An opera would be good idea though I was thinking more along the lines
> of a movie like "The Party" (Peter Sellers). An ensemble piece -
> perhaps a large rabfest with a variety of stories all going on at once.
>
> Ted and Tom Waites can do the score.
>
> Halfway through the movie we could have nane and alt.postmodernism, in
> a quasi-military/terrorist theme, crash the party.
>
> ObBook: anything by Martha Stewart or Miss Manners - what would we
> serve at this party?
>
> yours in wet fishes and the Godwin and Zelanzy duel thread could be
> an interesting way to move the movie forward. They go through a
> series of weapons...

I'm picturing Woody Allen's "Love and Death" -- when Woody's
character is challenged to a duel by the Count. Woody says
"If a man said that to me, I'd break his neck" to which the
count replies "I am a man." Woody: "Well, I mean a much
shorter man." And then there's the famous "Have your
seconds call my seconds" "Then my seconds could call your
thirds..."
--
-Irina.

Irina Bondarenko

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Rajappa Iyer wrote:

> Irina Bondarenko <iri...@DELETEatt.com> writes:
>
> > Larisa Migachyov wrote:
>
> > > Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one. I don't think I
> > > look like any of the actresses I've seen. But does this have to be a
> > > movie? Can't we do an opera instead? I think that rab is very operatic
> > > in nature. :)
>
> > A great idea!
>
> Seconded.

> > Dibs on Ruth Ann Swenson singing me.
>
> Interesting choice. In colaratura or tessitura?

Coloratura. But however she feels like would be fine w/me.

> I see that Swenson is going to be performing at the Met this season in
> what is considered her best role---the lead in ``Lucia di
> Lammermoor.'' Looking forward to seeing and comparing her performance
> with her rendition of Liu in ``Turandot'' last season---in fact, IMHO,
> the only bright light in an otherwise mediocre performance.

I saw/heard her Gilda 2 years ago. That was and remains the
best performance I've ever been to. Now I have to see
Lucia.
--
-Irina.

Sophia Barkat

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98

In the movie titled "Grandpa Francis", I'm supposed to be played by Parker
Posey...... :-(

me no like...

--
she's nothing like me...hehehehehehe.....;-)

Sophy

Paul Ilechko

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:08:44 GMT, dl...@netcom.com (David J. Loftus)
wrote:

>Buscemi, as has been noted by others, has specialized in creepy losers,
>from Reservoir Dogs to Fargo. He can also be seen in _Things to Do in
>Denver When You're Dead_, an unsuccessful and fairly violent feature that
>has its moments.

He also played the hapless Donny in the recent Big Lebowski, where his
sole raison d'etre seemed to be to provide John Goodman with an
endless stream of opportunities to make fun of him. And to set-up a
visual gag after his death, involving his ashes and a strong wind ...

***************

Paul Ilechko
http://www.transarc.com/~pilechko/homepage.htm

Larisa Migachyov

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Irina Bondarenko wrote:

:Larisa Migachyov wrote:
:>
:>
:> Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one. I don't think I
:> look like any of the actresses I've seen. But does this have to be a
:> movie? Can't we do an opera instead? I think that rab is very operatic
:> in nature. :)
:>
:A great idea! Dibs on Ruth Ann Swenson singing me.

All right, if I get Cecilia Bartoli. :)

Larisa Migachyov

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98

:> Larisa Migachyov wrote:
:
[...]

I just saw her in "Manon" at the SF Opera; she was incredible, and perfect
for the role.

Francis Muir

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Larisa Migachyov:

> Irina Bondarenko:
> :

> : Larisa Migachyov wrote:
> : >
> : > Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one.
> : > I don't think I look like any of the actresses I've seen. But
> : > does this have to be a movie? Can't we do an opera instead?
> : > I think that rab is very operatic in nature. :)
> :>
> : A great idea! Dibs on Ruth Ann Swenson singing me.

> All right, if I get Cecilia Bartoli. :)

If and only if you can cook pasta as well as Bartoli, and if you can, then
perhaps you should host the next RABfest, a pasta bash, what with the
weather cooling off. For those who care about these things, Sigona's,
who have just opened a branch of their Fruit & Veg market in the Stanford
Shopping Center, sell a very decent freshly made spaghettini. Hoever,
their madeleines are quite mediocre.

Francis

Robert Teeter

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Joan Marie Shields (jshi...@rigel.oac.uci.edu) wrote:

: An opera would be good idea though I was thinking more along the lines
: of a movie like "The Party" (Peter Sellers). An ensemble piece -
: perhaps a large rabfest with a variety of stories all going on at once.

Or one of those talky, yet fun movies where nothing much happens
but you don't care. Like _Smoke_ or a Jim Jarmusch movie. Maybe Lou
Reed could play Moggin? Harvey Keitel could play Zeleny.

: Ted and Tom Waites can do the score.

There'd have to be a good score.

--
Bob Teeter (rte...@netcom.com) | http://www.wco.com/~rteeter/
"Like all those possessing a library, Aurelian was aware that he
was guilty of not knowing his in its entirety."
-- Borges, "The Theologians"

tejas

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Irina Bondarenko wrote:

> Joan Marie Shields wrote:
> >
> > An opera would be good idea though I was thinking more along the lines
> > of a movie like "The Party" (Peter Sellers). An ensemble piece -
> > perhaps a large rabfest with a variety of stories all going on at once.
> >
> > Ted and Tom Waites can do the score.
> >
> > Halfway through the movie we could have nane and alt.postmodernism, in
> > a quasi-military/terrorist theme, crash the party.
> >
> > ObBook: anything by Martha Stewart or Miss Manners - what would we
> > serve at this party?
> >
> > yours in wet fishes and the Godwin and Zelanzy duel thread could be
> > an interesting way to move the movie forward. They go through a
> > series of weapons...
> >

> I'm picturing Woody Allen's "Love and Death" -- when Woody's
> character is challenged to a duel by the Count. Woody says
> "If a man said that to me, I'd break his neck" to which the
> count replies "I am a man." Woody: "Well, I mean a much
> shorter man." And then there's the famous "Have your
> seconds call my seconds" "Then my seconds could call your
> thirds..."

Why not a modern day THE DUELISTS (Ripley Scott's first flick with
H Keitel & Keith Carradine from a Joseph Conrad(?) story) replete with
high-tech pagers & stuff with a slam dunk version of telephone tag?

"No way! I'm in Bawlmer for Bouchercon.."

"How about after the trade show in Duesseldorf?"

ObFlick: IT'S A MAD MAD MAD WORLD....

--
TBSa...@richmond.infi.net (also te...@infi.net)
'Do the boogie woogie in the South American way'
Hank Snow THE RHUMBA BOOGIE

maureen scobie

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98

So-- what are the chances of a pasta bash or a madeleine dipping
sometime between November 20 and November 22 in the foggy city and
suburbs south?

Potential traveller needs to know.

Cheers,
Maureen

P.S. _A Song of Stone_ is not a book to joke about. Akin to being hit by
a truck. A "terrible beauty."

Larisa Migachyov

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
Francis Muir wrote:
:Larisa Migachyov:
:>
:> Irina Bondarenko:
:> :
:> : Larisa Migachyov wrote:
:> : >
:> : > Hmm. I'd have to give some serious thought to this one.
:> : > I don't think I look like any of the actresses I've seen. But
:> : > does this have to be a movie? Can't we do an opera instead?
:> : > I think that rab is very operatic in nature. :)
:> :>
:> : A great idea! Dibs on Ruth Ann Swenson singing me.
:>
:> All right, if I get Cecilia Bartoli. :)
:
:If and only if you can cook pasta as well as Bartoli, and if you can, then
:perhaps you should host the next RABfest, a pasta bash, what with the
:weather cooling off. For those who care about these things, Sigona's,
:who have just opened a branch of their Fruit & Veg market in the Stanford
:Shopping Center, sell a very decent freshly made spaghettini. Hoever,
:their madeleines are quite mediocre.

Hmm. A pasta bash does sound interesting; I love Italian food. :)
Unfortunately, my dorm room is not big enough for a gathering; however, if
someone else volunteers to host it, I will gladly bring pasta, tiramisu
and Bartoli CD's. :)

It is loading more messages.