Fort Myers/Naples FL

palast...@gmail.com

May 16, 2007, 10:12:20 AM5/16/07
Has anyone had much experience with tattoo artists in the Fort Myers/
Naples or the Tampa area? Anyone you recommend or would suggest to
stay away from? I know nothing about who's good around here - most of
the people I've heard of have been in Miami or St. Augustine. I'm
thinking white-ink contrasts because I might be pale enough for the
white, or something done in the Japanese style, so if you know of
anyone in the areas who specializes in those that would be a nice
extra.

Also, I'm new. I don't know that I'll post much, but if I have any
questions, the internet experts might be helpful.

i'll teach you to turn away.

May 16, 2007, 2:04:35 PM5/16/07
palast...@gmail.com wrote:
pgc> Has anyone had much experience with tattoo artists in the Fort Myers/
pgc> Naples or the Tampa area? Anyone you recommend or would suggest to

http://compunction.org/tattoos.html

i list mostly on the other coast, but they're worth the drive.

lish "we don't even care
cr...@got.net whether or not we care." -ma
43.9% / 30 RANA 128 / 70

Curt

May 16, 2007, 8:35:21 PM5/16/07
i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
[...]

> http://compunction.org/tattoos.html
>
> i list mostly on the other coast,
> but they're worth the drive.

Likewise the URL is certainly worth the visit, however after noticing
the broken (or perhaps down for yadayada) links in the Pennsylania
section, I clicked eight other links. Six worked while two did not,
fwiw.

--
Curt

Razor Buzz

May 28, 2007, 1:43:21 PM5/28/07
On Wed, 16 May 2007 07:12:20 -0700, palastinalied wrote:

> Has anyone had much experience with tattoo artists in the Fort Myers/
> Naples or the Tampa area? Anyone you recommend or would suggest to stay
> away from? I know nothing about who's good around here - most of the

"Satan" (Rick) at Pleasures of the Flesh is an incredible artist, I would
highly recommend him. Gentle touch, light stroke, amazing ink work.

Needful Things and Pleasures of the Flesh are owned by the same guy, and
he only hires the best.

If you're up for the drive though, shoot up 27 and then take I-4 to
Orlando and visit Chrome Lotus at the corner of Dean and 50 near UCF.
Brian and Tara are the owners and both do absolutely phenomenal work. I
have only had straight black-work done by Brian, but seeing his work and
talking to other customers there, everything is great. He's a bit
restricted when it comes to find detail in small pieces, but can do fine-
line work without getting blurred edges. If you're looking for an artist
that doesn't 'require' a black outline before beginning the piece, he's
your guy. He does some really amazing work that fades the edges of the
tattoo out into your skin for an interesting fading effect.

Good luck!

-Greg

--
-=Doubt is not the opposite of faith, it is one element of it.=-

simplify3 (Kenneth Udut)

Jun 7, 2007, 10:21:51 AM6/7/07
All of my nieces and my brother-in-law have had either piercings or
bodywork done in both Naples and Fort Myers.

I believe there are a couple of places in East Naples - Bayshore area.
Not sure where the ones in Fort Myers are - I believe in the South
side.

I'll have to ask - they used to talk about it a lot, but the only
names of shops I remember are from Jersey days a long time ago.

Ken
http://free.naplesplus.us - Collier County's ONLY social networkins/
new/jokes/recipes/debate server.

Kavin...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2007, 9:40:19 PM6/7/07
On Jun 7, 10:21 am, "simplify3 (Kenneth Udut)" <simpli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> All of my nieces and my brother-in-law have had either piercings or
> bodywork done in both Naples and Fort Myers.
>
> I believe there are a couple of places in East Naples - Bayshore area.
> Not sure where the ones in Fort Myers are - I believe in the South
> side.
>
> I'll have to ask - they used to talk about it a lot, but the only
> names of shops I remember are from Jersey days a long time ago.

So why the fuck are you posting?

Kavin

Curt

Jun 8, 2007, 7:12:31 PM6/8/07
Kavin Taylor wrote:

> Kenneth Udut wrote:
>
> > All of my nieces and my brother-in-law
> > have had either piercings or bodywork
> > done in both Naples and Fort Myers.
>
> > I believe there are a couple of places in
> > East Naples - Bayshore area.
> > Not sure where the ones in Fort Myers
> > are - I believe in the South side.
>
> > I'll have to ask - they used to talk about
> > it a lot, but the only names of shops I
> > remember are from Jersey days a long
> > time ago.
>
> So why the [expletive deleted] are you posting?

Because you're an idiot? Oh, wait, that was rude. Accurate, at least
at times (like your reply to Udut's post for example), but still rude.
My bad. Hey, look! A "bad" just for you, Kavvy. I know how important
that word is.

For you.

Anyway, Udut's reply answers your question quite neatly if only you'd
read his post rather than seemingly reacting without a moment's
thought.

Why is Udut posting?

Hmmm.

a) "All of my nieces and my brother-in-law have had either piercings

or bodywork done in both Naples and Fort Myers."

So there's a familial and geographical connection he thought he'd
share with the OP and any other RAB patrons inclined to read.

b) "I believe there are a couple of places in East Naples - Bayshore
area."

Well, looky there. He's offering the OP some additional relevant
information. Who'dathunkit?

c) "Not sure where the ones in Fort Myers are - I believe in the South
side."

Gee, he's attempting to steer the OP in the right direction again.

d) "I'll have to ask -"

Don't quote me on this, but that miiiiight look like an indication to
the OP that Udut plans on actually asking a relative in-the-know and
then following-up. Dunno. Sounds hopeful though. Ymmv.

e) "they used to talk about it"

Pssst, Kavvy, ya think "it" refers to, oh, I don't know, Fort Myers
and Naples or those "couple of places in East Naples"? And maybe the
aforementioned "they" refers to Udut's nieces and brother-in-law.

f) "a lot, but the only names of shops I remember are from Jersey days
a long time ago."

But perhaps his nieces and brother-in-law would remember and, yeah, he
could relay that info to the OP via RAB or by email.

So, why do YOU think he's posting? Perhaps a better question is why
did YOU post?

--
Curt

simplify3 (Kenneth Udut)

Jun 14, 2007, 11:25:08 PM6/14/07
Thank you, Curt.

Usenet hasn't changed even a wee bit. You've got the flamers, then the
analyzers.

I still don't have an answer about the piercing spots though. Haven't
seen my pierce-happy niece in a bit but while my answer may end up
being late, it will show up here someday!

Ken Udut (the Udut! - I like that!)
http://free.naplesplus.us - I'll have to put a piercing spot on the
site when I find out.

Kavin...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2007, 11:31:32 PM6/14/07
On Jun 14, 11:25 pm, "simplify3 (Kenneth Udut)" <simpli...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thank you, Curt.

Yeah, Cool.

The OP asked about tattoos.

You post with piercers and "bodyart."

Curt licked your balls and you think you've been helpful.

You haven't been, and I doubt you ever will be.

Just like Curt.

Kavin

Curt

Jun 15, 2007, 6:58:52 AM6/15/07
simplify3 (Kenneth Udut) wrote:

> Thank you, Curt.

You're welcome.

> Usenet hasn't changed even
> a wee bit.

Cool. ;o)

> You've got the flamers, then the
> analyzers.

God bless us, every one!

> I still don't have an answer about
> the piercing spots though. Haven't
> seen my pierce-happy niece in a
> bit but while my answer may end up
> being late, it will show up here
> someday!
>
> Ken Udut (the Udut! - I like that!)
> http://free.naplesplus.us - I'll have
> to put a piercing spot on the site
> when I find out.

Looking forward to it.

--
Curt

palast...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2007, 8:35:53 AM8/1/07
Oh hey, this got good after I left, lol... except for the people
having a flamefight.
I keep hearing good things about Pleasures of the Flesh (it's on 41
and College Parkway, I go near it on my way to community college).
Went over to one place on Bonita Beach Road b/c I had some time to
kill - can't remember the name, but it's in a strip with a lot of
Spanish stores - and was not impressed by either the clientele or the
portfolio of the lone guy working that day, so was like "nuh-uh".
What should I look for as definite no-nos for a shop besides just "bad
vibes"?

Kavin...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2007, 10:12:57 AM8/1/07
On Aug 1, 8:35 am, palastinal...@gmail.com wrote:

pgm> What should I look for as definite no-nos for a shop besides just
"bad
pgm> vibes"?

Let's hop to it RAB. Pal. might come back in another 2 1/2 months
looking for a response.

Times a wastin'.

Kavin