Delurk

1 view

Wez

Mar 26, 2004, 5:56:52 PM3/26/04
G'day all,

Just thought I'd finally step out of the shadows after hanging around for a
while.

A little bit about me:

I am 32 and I live in sunny Queensland, Australia. I have been a fan of
bodyart for as long as I can remember, but my major inspiration occurred
when at about 17 I read the RE/search book "Modern Primitives". It put a
lot of things into perspective for me. Since then I have been collecting
tattoos and piercings. Early on I made a couple of errors with selection of
designs and artists but they can and probably will be eventually covered up.
Since moving to Queensland (from Tasmania) I have found a great artist in
Matt Cunnington at Westside Tattoo.

My current project is a biomechanical type piece on my left shoulder that
finances willing will have a major session done in the next month or so.

If you are interested you can see my tattoos here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~richzone

--
Wez

delete DIRTYROTTENSPAM before replying

i'll teach you to turn away.

Mar 26, 2004, 6:39:27 PM3/26/04
Wez <downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com> wrote:
W> A little bit about me:
W> If you are interested you can see my tattoos here:
W> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~richzone

very competent work. but what the hell's on your belly? ovaries?

ps, learn to start a new thread for your posts; you posted your
delurk in the middle of a different conversation.

lish "you say you can see
cr...@got.net the frost on my breath." -nmn
39.3% / 30 RANA 125 / 68

anonsoc

Mar 26, 2004, 7:54:45 PM3/26/04

"Wez" <downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

really nice there, colors and lines look superb.

RAY PEARSON

Mar 26, 2004, 8:10:04 PM3/26/04

"Wez" <downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
> If you are interested you can see my tattoos here:
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~richzone

very decent, I am impresses by the colorpack on the left
arm, there are a couple of line breaks , but that is easily
touched up. Welcome to the new OZ

Curt

Mar 26, 2004, 8:36:57 PM3/26/04
Wez <downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>G'day all,
>
>Just thought I'd finally step out of the shadows <snip>
>http://members.optusnet.com.au/~richzone

Welcome. Your right sleeve is rockin'. I love the negative flames
especially. Grab a RABbit tail, ears, carrot juice, and/or a barstool
and enjoy the show.

--
Curt
http://iam.bmezine.com/?curt

Richard Hunter

Mar 26, 2004, 11:36:30 PM3/26/04
On 26 Mar 2004 23:39:27 GMT, cr...@got.net (i'll teach you to
turn away.) coughed and sputtered, and managed to choke out these
words:

>Wez <downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>W> A little bit about me:
>W> If you are interested you can see my tattoos here:
>W> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~richzone
>
> very competent work. but what the hell's on your belly? ovaries?

they look like anchors t'me.

the first sleeve is really pretty. can i lick it?

david
--
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/derbarbier/
(ebay sales)

Lara

Mar 27, 2004, 2:31:49 AM3/27/04
i'll teach you to turn away. <cr...@got.net> wrote:

> ps, learn to start a new thread for your posts; you posted your
> delurk in the middle of a different conversation.

I don't see a References: header in his post. Is your newsreader
threading by Subject line?

Lara

Nina Baltes

Mar 27, 2004, 4:12:23 AM3/27/04
Wez wrote:

> If you are interested you can see my tattoos here:
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~richzone

Whoa, nice arm designs. I love the reds.

Nina
--
C'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot.
Louis Pasteur

N Jill Marsh

Mar 27, 2004, 7:39:49 AM3/27/04
away.)wrote:

>Wez <downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>W> A little bit about me:
>W> If you are interested you can see my tattoos here:
>W> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~richzone

I like your, uh, pony boy art. And the rest.

> very competent work. but what the hell's on your belly? ovaries?

I think they are those glass barometer things that went all bondage
after a lost weekend in Cooktown. ;-D

Are these your Westside people: http://www.westsidetattoo.com.au ?

--
nj"celtic squid of life"m

"He was laughing when he said it,with a big
tumbler of dandelion wine in his hand."

i'll teach you to turn away.

Mar 27, 2004, 7:58:47 AM3/27/04
Lara <{nospam}@waawa.cx> wrote:

L> i'll teach you to turn away. <cr...@got.net> wrote:
>> ps, learn to start a new thread for your posts; you posted your
>> delurk in the middle of a different conversation.
L> I don't see a References: header in his post. Is your newsreader
L> threading by Subject line?

it's coming up differently now - in a different thread that
still isn't original. apparently this tin has some bugs; i hereby
rescind my original comment.

lish "it's been written with love
cr...@got.net & it's been sealed with a kick." -jc

Patrick Warnement

Mar 27, 2004, 10:16:35 AM3/27/04

"Richard Hunter" <returnt...@ddressunknown.com> wrote >

> they look like anchors t'me.

I thought they were sacred hearts chained together. We're seeing them from
a side/front view. But I agree with someone else, the right sleeve is very
beautiful.

Patrick
http://Patrick.bmezine.com

Wez

Mar 27, 2004, 4:49:20 PM3/27/04
>very competent work. but what the hell's on your belly? ovaries?

Thankyou, lol, no they are hearts. a friend gave my wife and I this
picture for our wedding so we both got the design as tattoos as our wedding
present to each other

>ps, learn to start a new thread for your posts; you posted your
delurk in the middle of a different conversation

sorry about that, I don't now how that happened, I posted as a new post and
it turned up in here.(outlook express, does that explain anything?). Won't
happen again(I hope).

Wez

Mar 27, 2004, 4:52:32 PM3/27/04
>the first sleeve is really pretty. can i lick it?

No you may not, my wife gets that job

Lori St.Leone

Mar 27, 2004, 4:48:08 PM3/27/04

"Wez" sallied forth and announced:

> G'day all,
>
> Just thought I'd finally step out of the shadows after hanging around for
> while.

<snippage>

> Since moving to Queensland (from Tasmania) I have found a great artist in
> Matt Cunnington at Westside Tattoo.

<s'more snippage>

Welcome aboard, Wes, I'm only new myself! I can't say enough good things
about Westside Tattoo (and Matt's a legend in his own right), Caleb's
started working on my right sleeve in a marathon (well, for me)
seven-and-a-half-hour sitting last month when I was down QLD way. I'm
looking forward to my trip down in June to get the background worked on
extensively! I have pics on my IAM page (http://spikesandstuds.bmezine.com),
but I believe you have to be a member to see the full galleries. I'm a
piercer up in Darwin, NT, by the way, and yes, I happily travel across the
country to get my work done by decent artists - we have plenty of "Dr.
Slick"-style hacks in the Top End, but that's defnitely NOT what I'm after
for my tattoos. ;)

Hope to hear more from you soon!

--
Lori St.Leone
http://www.voguebodypiercing.com <-- I work there

Wez

Mar 27, 2004, 5:07:16 PM3/27/04
>I don't see a References: header in his post. Is your newsreader
threading by Subject line?

Ummmmm.... I dont know. I think it threads by date. My computer knowledge
is fairly limited so I dont know what went wrong. It frustrates the hell
out of me.

Wez

Mar 27, 2004, 5:16:43 PM3/27/04
>I like your, uh, pony boy art. And the rest.

My friend Patrick did the pony boy art as a t-shirt design for the band I
played drums in. He also did the hearts piece and designed my left arm. He
is very talented.(and I can't draw to save my life)

>I think they are those glass barometer things that went all bondage
after a lost weekend in Cooktown. ;-D

lol, so you know northern Queensland, nice place Cooktown, bit rough but
nice

>Are these your Westside people: http://www.westsidetattoo.com.au ?

Yes, Matt is doing all my work now and Judd did my stomach. Link (now at
Allstar Tattoo, Indooroopilly) did the original negative flames

--
Wez

delete DIRTYROTTENSPAM before replyinges

Wez

Mar 27, 2004, 5:29:33 PM3/27/04
>very decent, I am impresses by the colorpack on the left
>arm, there are a couple of line breaks , but that is easily
>touched up. Welcome to the new OZ

Thanks, I seem to have a lot of trouble with my skin and solid colours, for
some reason they do not take well and it takes 3 or 4 sessions to get them
solid. I dont know why. My tattooist says that he has never had so much
trouble with solid colours on anyone. My elbow hates me for it.

I take it I'm not in Kansas any more.

Wez

Mar 27, 2004, 5:47:06 PM3/27/04
>Whoa, nice arm designs. I love the reds

Thankyou, after the discussions on reactions to red ink I am a bit worried
that I might have a reaction one day. But I am barely allergic to anything
so heres hoping.

Wez

Mar 27, 2004, 5:49:48 PM3/27/04
>Welcome. Your right sleeve is rockin'. I love the negative flames
>especially. Grab a RABbit tail, ears, carrot juice, and/or a barstool
>and enjoy the show.

Yes the past few days have been quite interesting.

I'll have a bourbon and carrot juice thanks.

RAY PEARSON

Mar 27, 2004, 7:10:51 PM3/27/04

> I'll have a bourbon and carrot juice thanks.

Now THAT'S fucking disgusting. I'm an alcoholic, and would
drink anything isopropyl, aftershave, sterno, you name it ,,
But I would have never drunk, that mixture, even drunks have
their standards.

Wez

Mar 27, 2004, 7:56:54 PM3/27/04
>Now THAT'S fucking disgusting. I'm an alcoholic, and would
>drink anything isopropyl, aftershave, sterno, you name it ,,
>But I would have never drunk, that mixture, even drunks have
>their standards.

Its the choice for healthy drunks.

Actually I've never tried it and I dont plan on trying it, Bourbon and Cola
is my thing.

N Jill Marsh

Mar 27, 2004, 8:40:02 PM3/27/04
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:16:43 +1000, "Wez"
<downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com>wrote:

njm:

>>I like your, uh, pony boy art. And the rest.
>
>My friend Patrick did the pony boy art as a t-shirt design for the band I
>played drums in.

I think it's adorable.

> He also did the hearts piece and designed my left arm. He
>is very talented.(and I can't draw to save my life)

The left arm is the not-red one, correct? I liked the eye. Over what
time period did you get all the ink?

>>I think they are those glass barometer things that went all bondage
>>after a lost weekend in Cooktown. ;-D
>
>lol, so you know northern Queensland, nice place Cooktown, bit rough but
>nice

It was the only drinking hole in Queensland I could come up with on
short notice - so I don't know much about Queensland as I'm certain
there's hundreds of them.

The hearts are intriguing, and a neat wedding tattoo. Are your wife's
the same or a variation?

Your original post inserted itself into mid-thread on my newsreader as
well, and then it showed up again where it should have. Did you start
a fresh thread rather than follow-up but with a Subject line change
when you originally posted it? I don't know all that much about
Outlook Express, but someone here should be able to give you help with
that (if it happens again) as well as turn on your attributions.

As for concerns about red reaction, it was always quite rare and it is
much less common now that mercury is not used in ink formulations.
(Usually, I recently came across an abstract that found a tattoo shop
in the UK using red ink containing mercuric sulphide.) Reactions to
other colours have been described, but they are extremely uncommon.

I wonder how often poor technique (in application or healing) has been
explained away using a "red reaction" as an excuse.

--
nj"why the boy's ALLERGIC!!!!"m

"The vibrations kiss the ships that pass..."

anonsoc

Mar 27, 2004, 9:57:02 PM3/27/04

"Wez" <downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Well, nothing you can do about it now :)

Few had reations to red ink years ago, and since changes 25+ years ago even
fewer have it now, and they are not as severe.

Richard Hunter

Mar 27, 2004, 8:50:49 PM3/27/04
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:52:32 +1000, "Wez"
<downhumanizedD...@hotmail.com> coughed and sputtered,

and managed to choke out these words:

>>the first sleeve is really pretty. can i lick it?

>No you may not, my wife gets that job

ah well. my tongue's not that long, anyway.

Wez

Mar 28, 2004, 6:30:23 PM3/28/04
>The left arm is the not-red one, correct? I liked the eye. Over what
>time period did you get all the ink?

correct, I started the left arm for my 30th birthday about 2 1/2 years ago
and took about 9 months to complete.

the negative flames were originally done in 99 and I had the rest of it done
during 2003

>The hearts are intriguing, and a neat wedding tattoo. Are your wife's
>the same or a variation?

My wife tattoo is exactly the same but on her lower back. We wanted
something that symbolised our love without getting each others names on each
other.