Ranma's Timeslip, Part 2

christian gadeken

Nov 19, 1992, 3:43:31 PM11/19/92

Ranma 1/2 - Actor in the Mirror

Part 2
{Author's note:Ranma's favorite phrase for Akane, "Kawaikune-"
literally translates as "not cute." Some people have translated
it as 'obnoxious' as a colloquialism. I have picked the latter.}

[Angle on a rocky ledge. Ranma and Akane are sprawled
on the ground, Ranma still holding the onion and mirror.
Akane sits up and looks around in confusion.]

Akane:[going over to Ranma and shaking him.] Hey! Wake
up! What's going on here and where are we?

Ranma:[opens his eyes.] Huh? [sits up and glares at
Akane.] Idiot! I told you to get away, if you had, you
wouldn't be- [looks around] here...

[Ranma jumps up and walks over to the rim of the ledge.
He peers down for a moment, then a grin spreads over his
face.]

Ranma:All RIGHT!! I did it! I'm here... [pause] But
*when* am I? If this is really just before we got here,
we should be...

Akane:[who's been watching this with increasing impatience.]
What are you babbling about?! Where are we!?

Ranma:Be quiet a second. [walks to the other side of the
ledge and peers down.] Bingo!! [over his shoulder] Akane,
take a look.

[She comes over and looks down. Below the ledge is a winding
mountain road. In the distance, two figures can be seen
approaching through the thinning morning mist. As they get
closer, we see that they are-

Akane:[stunned] Uncle Saotome and- and YOU!? What's going
on here?

Ranma:Take a look over the other side.

[Akane walks across the ledge and peers down. Through the
mist, we see a valley filled with small pools. Bamboo
poles rise into the air at intervals across the valley.]

Akane:This... This is Jusenkyo? You used Happosai's magic
mirror to travel back in time...

Ranma:And now, I'm going to keep those two idiots from
getting themselves cursed! [turns to jump down from the
ledge.]

Akane:How?

Ranma:Ummm... um.

Akane:How would you react if another you appeared and started
ordering you around?

Ranma:Punch his face, most likely... Ummm, I guess I'll have
to get tricky...

[Cut to an angle on the road to Jusenkyo. Ranma and Genma are
walking along it, arguing as usual.]

Genma:I tell you it's just a little farther!

Ranma:You've been saying that *all day*! And how do we
know this place is still open for training, since you
can't read the description in that Chinese book?

Genma:If it's not open, we'll just use the equipment they
left behind. Be a man, Ranma! Won't you do anything for
the sake of your art?

Ranma:Anything except die of exhaustion! Why don't we-

[Ranma breaks off as two figures appear in the road ahead.
Akane and Ranma-chan are standing with heads down, wearing
very strange outfits.]

Ranma-chan:[Sonorous voice] We are the good witches of the
mountains...

Akane:And we have come to warn you that unless you turn back
now...

Ranma-chan:A terrible fate will befall you both!

[Ranma and Genma stare at each other a moment.]

Genma:Ummm... Aren't you both a little young to be witches?

Ranma-chan:[Raising her head and glaring] How young do you
think we are, boy?

Genma:Eh??! [stares in shock]

Ranma:Hmmmph. I don't see any reason to turn back. [Moves
to go around the girls]

Akane:[stepping in front of him] I swear, by the art we both
practice...

Ranma-chan:If you enter Jusenkyo, your life will take an awful path!

Ranma:Che! I don't know what this place is like, but now
I'm curious. C'mon, Dad. [vaults over the girls' heads]

Ranma-chan:Grrrrr! [catches up with Ranma and grabs him by
the ponytail.] *Listen* you, if you don't turn back now,
you'll regret it for the rest of your life!

Ranma:[pulling free] I could never believe an obnoxious
girl like you...

Ranma-chan:What did you say?

Ranma:[pulling out his cheeks with his fingers] Bleeaaahplplpl,
You're so obnoxious, I bet you became a witch 'cause no boy
would go out with you!

Ranma-chan:Why, you...

Ranma:Heheh, you're even less cute when you're mad-

Ranma-chan:JERK!! [lunges at Ranma]

Ranma:Whoa!

Ranma-chan[punching or kicking with each shout] Hah! Hatah!
Hah-Hah-Hah! Yah! Yah!

[Ranma dodges her blows with difficulty until one kick
knocks him into a boulder by the side of the road]

Ranma:Ungh! [looks up at Ranma-chan] Heheh, was that
supposed to hurt, kid?

Ranma-chan:[losing her temper completely] Why, you-
KACHUU-TENSHIN-AMAGURIKEN!!!!

[Ranma-chan's hands blur into a hailstorm of punches
Ranma has no way of blocking. In moments, he's out cold.]

Ranma-chan:Watch it next time before you tell someone she's
obnoxious!

Akane:[coming up next to her] Really, Ranma, it's the absolute
worst thing you can call a girl.

Ranma-chan:Yeah, abso- [breaks off and gives Akane a
suspicious look]

Akane:[big smile] Heheh.

Ranma-chan:[whirling on Genma] Are you going to go home now,
or do you want the same!?

Genma:[chickening out] Aaah, I think we've trained enough
here in China. Maybe...

Ranma-chan:It's time you told him about the Tendous.

[Genma and Akane both look startled.]

Genma:How did you-

Ranma-chan:GET MOVING!!

Genma:Aaah! Yes, yes... [picks up Ranma and dashes back down
the road]

[Ranma-chan stands looking after them a moment, breathing hard.
Then she grins.]

Ranma-chan:Awright! We did it!

Akane:Then how come you're still a girl?

Ranma-chan:Aah, it should fix when we get back to the future...
[pulls out onion and mirror] Ready?

[Akane grabs the onion and scrubs Ranma-chan's eye vigorously.]

Ranma:Aaagh! [Pulls back and glares at Akane as a tear falls
on the mirror] Take us home!

[A moment later there are no Ranmas near Jusenkyo....]

T S U Z U K U . . .

--
C h r i s t i a n G a d e k e n

Yakumo: "But I really did destroy a monster in Hong Kong!
Saru : "Ahem, ahem"
Yakumo: "Saru, do you believe me?"
Saru : "Where's my Hong Kong souvenir?"

Jamal Hassan - KOR Addict

Nov 23, 1992, 8:51:20 PM11/23/92
Could someone e-mail me part 1 of the Ranma Timeslip story. The
original article expired over the weekend on my newsserver.

Doomo arigato
:w
--
hass...@dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu (Jamal Hassan) -- member of Anime-X of Atlanta
!akaB !akaB !akaB...!akab on amnaR -- uodneT enakA