TP-What to Prepare For[4 of 18][FanFic]

Twister

Feb 23, 1995, 8:33:11 PM2/23/95

Chapter Four
------------

After receiving instructions from the landlord on how to find the
place and going there, Twister paused at the entrance to what would be
his new home for a while. Finding that the door was open, he entered
with a grand flourish.
"What ho, new roommate! What be thy reaction to mine presence in our
new abode?" Twister grinned as he looked around the apartment. *Nice place.*
The person seated at a newly-installed computer system on a desk by
the wall turned around with a surprised look. He wasn't bad looking with
black hair, brown eyes, and for a computer user he actually looked fairly
fit. Also, he was little shorter than Twister and looked friendly. At the
moment he was wearing blue jeans along with a black T-shirt that had an
Eastern-looking dragon on the back.
Luckily, the apartment was already furnished. Or perhaps
not...since Nabiki likely thought that Twister didn't want to look for such
things yet. The desk and computer had to be his roommate's and was situated
by the wall, to the left of the door, beside a TV and mini-stereo system
that were also likely his. The apartment's furniture consisted of a
couch against the wall opposite the TV and stereo, a padded chair just
to the right of the door, and a small table with a set of chairs visible
behind a divider to the kitchen. A bedroom door was right beside the couch
while another was in the middle of the open hallway, opposite of the
kitchen, with the bathroom being at the end of the hallway on the same wall.
A window was visible on the far wall and the place likely had windows in
the two bedrooms and bathroom for sunlight to fill the apartment.
Nothing was on the walls and some empty grocery bags suggested that
Twister's new roommate had already done some shopping to put something in
the kitchen.
"Well, that girl _told_ me 'I'd know him when he comes'." Twister's
new roommate looked amused now.
"Gah! She knows me too well." Twister sighed sorrowfully. "There goes
my dramatic entrance. Ah, well. The name's Twister. And you?"
"No last name?" Twister shrugged. "Hm. I'm Yasuro Fujita."
Twister looked at the system Yasuro was sitting at. "Nice system.
What is it? 386? 486?"
"Nope!" Yasuro grinned, "New Pentium chip processor with 32 Megabytes
RAM."
Arching an eyebrow, Twister replied, "Yowzers. Power to burn. What
the heck are you using it for?"
Grinning sheepishly, Yasuro said, "Well...do you know Doom II?"
Twister looked incredulous. "Ya! All you really need is a 386 with
8 Meg for THAT game! Trying for virtual reality? Talk about overkill."
Yasuro sighed. "True, but it's an addictive game and I wanted to see
it on this system." He rubbed the back of his head. "It's...uh...sightly
too fast right now." He looked up at Twister. "You bring a system?"
"Nope. I may have to lease something soon though, unless you mind me
using yours."
"Not at all. Don't mind me sometimes though. I can get a little...um
...absorbed in what I'm doing." He waved his hand. "Come on in. It's _your_
place too." He pointed at the door beside the couch. "I took the other
bedroom so that one's yours."
"Thank yew." Twister lifted his stuff easily and walked in. He paused
as he spied a rack of books on another wall. "Ah. Something else for me to
drool over," he chuckled.
Yasuro turned back from the computer to see what Twister was talking
about. "Looking at my book collection? Go ahead and read them if you
want. I've read them several times already." He turned back to face the
computer again.
"A man after my own heart." Twister happily said as he entered
his new room.
*Nice guy,* Yasuro thought to himself. *I guess I got a good choice
of roommates from what I hear elsewhere. Sure is muscular for someone in
computers though.* He wondered at the deep blue 'special' clothes Twister
had been wearing. *Where did he get those clothes? Looked good, wherever he
got it.*
Someone knocked on the door that Twister had left open. Yasuro
looked away from his computer again, and smiled at what he saw.
Leaning casually on the door frame was a dark-haired, somewhat lean
young man with a grin on his face. He too wore jeans, but wore a nice
plaid shirt with a brown jacket worn overtop.
"Discovered all the other perverts in this town yet, Morio?"
"Hey! You may be a friend of mine, but that's getting a little rude!"
Morio grinned, "Besides, I've only found half so far."
Yasuro sighed wearily and gave it up as a bad job, "Well, try not to
do _too_ much havoc here, ok?"
"I'll keep it to a minimum...until I know the ropes around here."
Twister poked his head around a door. "Bungee or jumping? Who may you
be?"
Morio looked at Twister, then Yasuro, "This is your roommate?"
Yasuro nodded. "I like him already." He turned back to Twister. "Hi. My name's
Morio, I'm a friend of your new buddy here and I also live down the hall
with _my_ old buddy." He sighed. "If they allowed three people in a room here
then _this_ fellow," Morio pointed at Yasuro, "would have been with us."
Twister chuckled. "I guess I got very lucky."
"Depends on what you call 'luck'," Morio grinned. "If you don't mind
the 'stone sentinel' sitting here some of the time, then that's it.
"Hey!" Yasuro looked a little indignant at the comment. "It's better
than being banned from the pool because _someone_ poured a fabric dissolver
into the filter system and waited outside with a camera."
Morio made a face. "Yeah. That _did_ kinda give it away."
Looking a little confused, Twister wondered out loud, "'Fabric
dissolver'?"
Yasuro sighed, "My friend here has a penchant for trying to
obtain photographic momentos of private female body parts and articles
containing them."
"Oh, just _say_ it, Yasuro! I'm not ashamed of it." He grinned at
Twister. "What your roommate is trying to say, and so delicately too, is
that I'm a hentai, and proud of it because I do it in clever and sneaky
ways. I don't go and be obvious about it, but I do it. With some
sophistication as well." Morio looked at his watch. "Hmm... I have to run.
I'll drop by occasionally. Places to go, people to see. Female preferably!"
Morio walked out and closed the door behind him.
"Hm. Now there's an...interesting personality." Twister mused.
"Yes, he certainly is, but he's a nice guy usually. He only gets in
trouble when he gets caught, which is rare." Yasuro sighed and looked at
_his_ watch. "I have some things to do too. Settle in while I'm gone. I likely
won't be back for hours." He turned off the system and got up. "I'll show you
the computer later as I'm sure you'll be busy enough getting accustomed
right now."
"Roger, wilco. I'm sure that you're right that I'll be busy if
I'm right and so on, and so on....," Twister grinned.
Yasuro left smiling and shaking his head in amusement.
As Twister watched the door close, he chuckled, *Hm. looks like things
are going to be interesting around here. At least Morio doesn't look half as
bad a hentai as Happousei.* He walked back to his new room. *Now...let's
try to do some things thought out before we start here. Nabiki left _me_
with the money from the dragons because I could better hide it even
though she wanted to keep it around her.* He smiled at the thought. *Ah,
well. Better find a place to put it and make a spell or two to guard
it.* Twister spied a storage trunk in a corner of his room. *Perfect! I
can put other things as well as clothes in there too. I'd better make a
few more magical changeable clothes too, later, and make the styles
different this time. The fact that both forms of _this_ pair look
similar is _bad_ now that I think about it.*
Twister thought about it for a moment and then nodded. *Good for
now. Better get started...*

A few hours later, Yasuro returned. In no particular hurry he
unlocked the door to the apartment now shared and opened it .
The sudden movement he heard inside as he opened the door
startled him. "Twister? You here?" He called out.
No response, but he heard the bathroom door suddenly close.
"Twister?" Getting a little concerned now, Yasuro cautiously went in
the direction of the bathroom as he heard water running. He heard
another sound behind the bathroom door as he reached his destination.
He opened the door to the bathroom.
What he saw confused him a bit. Twister was there, but his head was
soaking wet and water was dripping down his clothes.
Twister looked nervous. "Uh...hi. Um...sorry I didn't say anything."
"What are you doing?" Yasuro said as he watched Twister shut off the
hot water in the sink.
"Ahhh...I was just going to try some...styling gel! Yeah, that's it!
I've never used it before so I thought I'd give it a try. You need to get
your hair wet first." He still appeared a little nervous to Yasuro's eyes.
He let it drop. "Ok. I was just worried there for a minute. I thought
someone had broken in."
"Nope. Just me crashing around." Twister smiled now, relieved.
Yasuro left to go back onto his computer. *What was he doing, I
wonder? Never saw anything like _that_ before.* He shook his head. *I
guess my new roommate had to have a _few_ quirks. Wait a minute!* Yasuro's
eyes widened. *His clothes weren't even _wet_ and yet it looked as if he
had just doused himself standing up. How did he do _that_?*
His new roommate was starting to arouse his curiosity.

Twister let out a relieved sigh after Yasuro left.
*Whoo! That was close! I don't know if I want him to know about me
yet, or at all. I just met him and that's not enough time.* Twister dried his
hair as he thought. *I needed to be female to do the spells, but I forgot all
about Yasuro. Good thing I finished in time and heard him unlocking the
door.*
His stomach growled.
*Oh, jeez. I can't believe I used _that_ much energy. Then again, I
haven't eaten that much lately since making the dragons, and I _did_ use a
fair bit of power to protect my stuff. Ah, well.* Twister walked towards
the kitchen. *I wonder if Yasuro stocked up a reasonable larder?* Looking
through the kitchen signaled the affirmative. *Yup. He's packed it
full so I'll make up something to eat. Guess I'll shop next time. Ice
cream, donuts, etc.... Yaright.* He chuckled and started making something
for the both of them.
*Hope he likes it...*

An hour later, Yasuro finally had his awareness diverted from the
computer by a most delicious smell. *What the heck is Twister making?* He
got up, stretched, and went towards the kitchen.
What he saw amazed him.
The table was all set with a full meal, ready to eat.
"Ah, good! I guess I don't have to drag you from your computer."
Twister grinned. "I figured, since you had stocked up the kitchen, that
I might as well use it. I'll shop next time." He waved a hand at the
table. "Sit! Dig in! I know _I_ am." Twister sat down and started getting
stuff for himself.
Stunned, Yasuro sat down and stared at the food. "This smells
delicious! How did you know how to make it all? I smells like something my mom
made once on a special occasion."
Twister was still gathering his bounty. "Really? The place I stayed
at always had something like this. The person _there_ was a great cook I'll
tell you. I decided to watch her for a while and she didn't mind. I just
happen to have a perfect memory so making what she did is a snap." He grinned.
Getting out of his stunned state, Yasuro started to get his own food.
"You have a perfect memory? Must be nice." He had to chuckle, "The other
guys down the hall must be smelling this and wondering where it's coming
from."
Twister laughed at that. "We'll know they know where if they start
knocking on the door."
"You sure made a bunch though."
"I need a _lot_ of food sometimes. I have a funny metabolism and it
seems like I will never become truly full. Sometimes I don't need to eat at all.
Depends if I exert myself." He shrugged.
"Well, I'm all for it if you make stuff like..." Yasuro waved his
hand at the food before them.
Twister just chuckled and ate.

Darren Steffler a.k.a "Twister"- mail at <umst...@cc.umanitoba.ca>