PART 3: Ranma 1/2. . . .After All this Time. . .!? [FanFic]

William Baird

Aug 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/24/95

PART 3: Ranma 1/2. . . .After All this Time. . .!?
by Will Baird
wba...@nmsu.edu

I goofed some in the first one. P-chan didn't get kicked out the
window, the dates for the years for the drown Panda and young girl
were also incorrect. Anyone with questions or comments please write.
I've had a little feed back, but not much. This is part three of the
series. Don't worry, it's an ongoing series, and not going to stop quite
yet.
-Will

Disclaimer: All Characters are trade marked by RUniko Takashi. (I'd
not want to steal from teh Muse). I am meerly borrwing them.

************Part 3:*********************************************************

(We see Happosai standing on the side of a mountain, trying very hard
to look impressive and stand in a heroic pose as the sun sets...well, as
much of one as a hentai of his caliber can attain...)

Happosai (face in the camera): WHO ARE YOU CALLING
HENTAI???????? (returns to his original pose)

(The demon arrives, lashes it's tail, kneels, and bows...it's forehead
mockingly touching the ground.)

Happosai (not noticing due to facing the opposite direction):
Has the task been done?

Demon (head still touching the ground): Yes, master. It has been
done. Saotome has met his fate......

Happosai (nodding to himself, still staring out over the mountainside):
Good. That will teach my heirs to my school whether or not to
challenge their master. (turning and sees the demon with it's head
touching the ground; an angry, but mocking tone enters his voice) I
have one last task for you, demon.....

Demon (rising): And who says that the 'demon' will perform one
last task, hentai.....

Happosai (pissed as ...well, you get the idea): I AM NOT A
HENTAI! YOU WILL OBEY ME, DEMON!

Demon (laughing a malicious, terrible laugh): You didn't read about the
curse of the wishing demon did you, old hentai......prepare to meet the
fate that all who use me meet....whatever is wished for on their
enemies, happens to them......Prepare to die, hentai.

Happosai (furious beyond all belief): I AM NOT A HENTAI!!!!!!!!!

(Dr. Tofu's place. Dr. Tofu is working away with a patient. An elderly
individual that seems to have back problems. He is using his techniques
to solve the problem when he hears a knock at the door.)

Dr. Tofu (continuing yet speaking): I'll be out in a minute.....I am
with a patient. If you are in need of care, please, speak with Mr.
Saotome first and he can arrange for it. (finishes with the point healing
techniques and let's the patient up.) See. All done. None the worse
for wear. Please come back at the time arranged. Even though I am
sure that it will be healed shortly, but I would like to check up on you
as a precautionary measure.

Older man (feeling much better, sounding quite grateful): Arigato,
Dr. Tofu. I'll be sure to come back. After all, it IS my back that needs
the work....not someone else's.....

(They exit through the door and find there isn't a single other person in
sight. Thinking that it is odd, Dr. Tofu looks around).

Dr. Tofu (concerned): Mr. Saotome? Mrs. Nakai? Anybody here?
(taking a martial arts stance) Mr. Hituru, you better go.

Mr. Hituru (worried): Hai! (runs out the front door)

(Tofu stalks around the clinic looking for people....creatures (he'd learn
to expect the odd things since the Saotome's had come to Nerima.
He'd also had an increase in the amount of business from young
individuals too....primarily Akane and Ranma....especially Ranma. Dr.
Tofu finds nothing wrong and when he returns to the waiting room he
finds......)

Dr. Tofu (glasses fog): KASUMI! What an amazing
coincidence to run into you here of all places!

Kasumi (giggling): Oh, Dr. Tofu!

(jump to Ukyou. She's whipping out okinomiyaki faster than a
speeding....ummm...spatula! no wait, that doesn't quite work since
that's what she's using.....oh well, we'll have to settle with the time old
cliche......a departmental secretary!)

Ukyou (thinking): That customer acted awfully weird...Ranchan did
warn me though. He DID attempt to go after my hair (smiles and runs
a hand through her hair...pointing out that he DID NOT get it....) as
Ranchan said. He wasn't happy when the food that I gave him wasn't
okinomiyaki thought, either....bumping into Shampoo ought to teach
me not to daydream like that. Funny though that the whole school got
an invitation to Kunou's dad's recently announced wedding....amusing
to say the least....poor woman will be bald all the time....(aloud)
Okinomiyaki coming up! (an okinomiyaki flies across the room to a
plate for a student)

(something moves in the background; we can't tell what)

(Ukyou looks up at the time and she sees that it's close to closing. She
smiles. She had a special dinner planned for a particular male this
night. She wonders about him and hopes he is well. Nothing quite
mattered to her so much as Ranchan...well, save, maybe cooking.....)

(it moved again. We still can't tell what it was)

(She continues her cooking and finishes it up. Time has passed. It's
now past closing time and all the patrons have left. That something
though...it's still there...)

Ukyou (to herself): Ahhhh....Ranchan (saying it almost blissfully). I
cannot wait until we are married.

(that something flinches)

Ukyou (cooking again, but not for just anyone....for herself and
Ranma): I'll be able to cook for you my Ranchan like no other
woman. Not that Chinese-bimbo. Not that kawaikune
tomboy....who'd want to cook like her anyways? Unless they were
going to be a professional spy and assassin that is.....

(that something has moved closer to Ukyou. it's starting to resolve
into shape now....but we can't tell exactly what it is. It IS inside the
restaurant though.)

(Ukyou finishes the dinner and wraps it up. She is preparing to leave
when the something jumps out and surprises her. It's a table.....She
drops the dinner in surprise and almost catches it before it hits the
ground. It does hit the ground and be ruined though.)

(voice from inside the table): Ukyou!!!! Will you date with me!

Ukyou (voice furious): Tsubasa! DIE!!!! (she flips the table on
its back and throws it out the back door into the alley) EAT THIS!
(she throws the ruined food after him too) Oh Ranchan....your dinner!

(the phone rings)

Ukyou (grabbing it and answering): Ucchan's! Ukyou Kounji
speaking. (voice incredulous) Akane? (voice horrified) RANCHAN!
NO!

(cut to Happosai; he's fighting the demon. It's an unforgiving battle.
Happy is severely hurt and is bleeding badly. The demon is harmed but
not fatally so. No quarter is given. None asked.)

Happosai (not tired according to his voice, but harmed badly still): I'll
not be losing to the likes of you, Wishing Demon! I swear it by the
blood of my ancestors!

emon (smiling mockingly): May your blood mingle with your
ancestors' soon, Happosai......(sneering) Master......

(the whole mountainside is laid waste. fortunately, there are none there
to be harmed. Only the two. The natural, supernatural, and the
unnaturally perverted.)

(cut to Dr. Tofu's. Kasumi is kneeling in a very traditional kimono with
a meal set out before her. To Dr. Tofu it looks suspiciously familiar he
recognizes the Mukozuke, and a few other dishes before he fogs too
much to think straight )

Dr. Tofu (fights the fog down): Kasumi? What's this? I don't
think I under...(loses his control and fogs over) MY! That looks
delicious! (reaches out and takes Betty's arm and starts chewing) a
little tough, dontcha think?

Kasumi (giggling): You're so silly.....(stands up and walks over to
him) Sit down. (Dr. Tofu nearly leaps through the ceiling at her touch.
She holds him down though and escorts him to the mat. She sits him
down and sits opposite him.) Now. Shall we begin? (she bows)

(cut to Ukyou running through Tokyo to a destination. She's running
quite hard and looks like she's terrified. Something is obviously wrong
and she seems like she feels as though if she could get to it she could
fix the problem.)

Ukyou (screaming and smashing cars, bikes, whatever, or whoever get
in her way with her giant spatula): RAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCHHHHHHANNN!!!

(she keeps running faster and faster, harder and harder. Where she's
running to we're not sure.....until we see a hospital.....)

(cut to Happosai. He's hurt. badly. The demon is in much worse
shape though. It's oozing out its horrid hide. He's bleeding from
gashes in his chest, arms, and throat.)

Happosai (weary sounding and obviously in pain): I have avoided this
to date. I will avoid it no longer. It is what I learned as a lad....(he
drops to his puny, withered knees)

(the demon grins and moves closer preparing for a kill)

Demon (viciously): Time to die old man.....old hentai....Your fate
calls....(mockingly) yes, prepare as you had as a lad, old fart....(gnashes
it's viciously shaped razor fangs together)

Happosai (gives an honest Buddhist prayer(?!?!!?!?!) and stands):
Come demon. Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than
a mountain. I await my fate (looking calm and placid)

(is this our Happosai!?)

Demon (circles closer and lunges): DDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(claws grotesquely shaped spring out from the hands of the beast as it lunges
forward. Just before the monster is upon Happosai, he moves....with
speed never seen by our heroes before...well, save Ranma's punches...)

Happosai (sneering): You think I'm some devoute fool? Come and get
me fiend! Twere I devoute, I would not have freed you.....

Demon (snarling and recovering from being pushed over so easily): Old
fool....(lunging again)

Happosai (whipping something vast, satiny, and red out from under his
shirt): ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE! (a massive kai blast comes from
Happosai's hands and lashes out to take the demon in the chest and
face......we notice that the red, satiny and huge thing is a bra. One of a
kind, the largest ever made for a living woman....it took Happosai a full
ten year quest before he was able to achieve the conquest of swiping
it....but it was obviously well worth it...)

(the demon stopped and dropped to its knees its forward momentum
canceled out. It stands barely, but Happosai drops to the ground,
obviously spent...)

Happosai (exhausted and obviously knowing he's going to die): You should not be
living.....

Demon (harmed badly...charred and blackened): Who said I was
living? (smiles wickedly) No. It is not enough that I kill you as I
am......(morphs into a woman scantily clad in lingerie) (sweet voiced)
Now.....DIE HAPPOSAI!!!!!!!!! (a talonned hand lashes out)

(Happosai sees two wicked fingers race for his eyes and things grow
dark and cold).

(cut to Kasumi and Dr. Tofu. We see that they have completed their
meal. A very important and special meal. Kasumi has cleared away the
dishes and has place before her the items for the tea ceremony. Going
through the meal with Dr. Tofu wasn't easy, due to his fogging
out/going crazy...but now. Things are serious. He's no longer fogging
up. His face is hard and very serious....)

Dr. Tofu (looking at Kasumi who is blushing): Is this what you
want? (nods to the ceremonial tea items)

Kasumi (blushing harder, but persisting): Hai! (giggles a little)

Dr. Tofu (still not letting up): Why didn't you say something sooner?

Kasumi (serious now too): Dr. Tofu. . .I thought that I could wait
for you to come to realize that we shared something. Then I realized
after a talk with Nodoka-san (Dr. Tofu looks a little confused and
worried), Ranma's mother...she's quite nice once she had how her
honor resided explained to her by Akane....that life is short. That life
needs to be cherished and cared for....that the things that are important
need to be actively pursued....not just hoped for and patiently waited
for....(blushing hard)

Dr. Tofu (nodding): Hai! Alright, Kasumi, shall we?

(Kasumi reaches for her utensils...the love between Dr. Tofu and
Kasumi is quite apparent as they look participate in their engagement...)

(cut to Ukyou as she rushes in the emergency room doors. People are
careening about in seemingly mad and chaotic patterns. Those who
have been knifed or have attempted suicide are bleeding and screaming
as they are wheeled to and fro trying to get to the ER
technicians....Ukyou looks lost and unable to find anybody or anything
until she hears Akane's familiar voice)

Akane (screaming): YOU'RE GOING TO TREAT HIM AND TREAT HIM NOW! IF I HAVE
TO TEAR EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU APART TO ENSURE HE LIVES I WILL!

(Ukyou darts over to scene and joins Akane. Akane is wielding her
mallet and is glowing with a raging battle aura unlike any Ukyou has
seen...even from Ranchan!)

Ukyou (voice cold): You will treat him, and now....or there will be
many others to treat VERY shortly...(menace in her eyes as she
unlimbers the massive spat on her back)

(The doctor looks terrified and nods. Another doctor has called
security though and as Ranma is moved into the operating room by an
anxious nurse. The security forces arrive...)

Guard (cold voice): Put down your weapons....both of you
ladies.....now. We don't want a fight. Not here. Not with you.

Akane (furious with rage): NO! I *WILL* NOT! YOU
BASTARDS MADE US WAIT - - -MADE MY RANMA WAIT!- - -
WHILE HE'S DYING! (Ukyou blinks at that, but let's it ride.....the
time isn't now for fighting over Ranchan...he needed them to make sure
these bastards cared for him...)

Guard (a little unsure now, but voice still cold): Miss. Just drop
the ...uhh...mallet. and you, lady, the spatula....

Akane and Ukyou (together and harder than stone): NO!

Ukyou (hard): We don't want a fight here....

Akane: ...but we'll make sure our Ranma (they both blink as do the guards) ...

Ukyou and Akane: ...is properly treated. (they look at each other
for a moment and size each other up and nod....they could
compromise...this once.....over this....they loved Ranma......they could
share him for the moment...)

Guard (definitely unsure of himself): Uhhhh.....

Another guard (trying to make a point): Uhhhh....sir...ummm....it
might be a bad thing to try to take 'em here. . .with the patients and
all....not to mention they might just...uhh...win? And beat our asses?

(the motion of the ER swirls around them.....the cries of pain, the swirl
of rushing people.....the sheer numbers of people....it impresses us as
the guard, the head guard, stops to think in a dramatic way.)

Guard (nodding): Right. So long as you put up your weapons and
keep out of the way, we'll leave you two without taking you into
custody......we will leave a guard with you though to make sure that
you stay out of trouble....

(Ukyou looks to Akane. Akane nods.)

Ukyou (nodding too): That is acceptable.

(The guards melt back save one. He takes up station watching them
from a distance after the head guard has talked to him. He doesn't
speak or listen to the girls...just watches...)

Ukyou (turning to Akane): Now. What happened? Have you called
your parents? Wha...?

Akane (watching the guard and the door through which they took
Ranma with a steady intentsity): I chased after that chinese-
bimbo...I was SO *SICK* of her glomping on to Ranma I couldn't take
it anymore. She got wet and became the cat. She lead me out into the
street where Ranma, who followed us the whole time, and I got stuck
the pavement. She wasn't conscience at all....(smirks) We
encountered Asuza while waiting for the ambulance....I gave the
unconscience cat to her....she's now Jeane Lynnette....Ranma saved
Shampoo and I from a car, but was stuck himself and was hit by a
semi.....not full on, but hit badly.....He was unconcious when I dragged
him out of traffic.....I know it was stupid to move
him...but...I...I....I...couldn't leave him out there to be run over or
worse.....

Ukyou (nodding): You did fine....now, did you call home and tell
them where you are and what happened?

Akane (starting to freak out...she's fighting back shock):
No....No....I haven't. (eyes unfocussed) I just thought to call
you first...you're a friend if a pain in the ass over Ranma with this
engagement stuff....I'd better call....(SMACK) (Akane looks
stunned...Ukyou just slapped her!) WHY YOU BIT-

(guard starts to get worried....what if they go at each other??????)

Ukyou (defensively): HEY! STOP IT! You were going into shock.
We can put aside our differences for Ranchan, can't we? For once?
We have to think of him ...HE'S in THERE now....he needs us and not
us fighting.....he needs us coherent and not jabbing at each other and
bickering...alright?

(Akane her eyes smoldering nods reluctantly...)

Ukyou (looking apologetic): Its alright. I'm sorry, but we can't have
his two 'legimate' fiancees fighting and trying to kill each other....or
even loose it...alright? (not waiting for Akane to answer)
Good.....now. Go call. . .I'll watch over Ranchan....

(cut to Dr Tofu's clinic.....as Kasumi and Dr Tofu have completed the
ceremony and bend over...in a nontraditional manner and kiss...for the
first time....)

Kasumi (coming out of the kiss...): Oh my!

(cut to the Tendo Dojo.....everyone has just finished eating...Nodoka is
looking concerned....presumably about Ranma and Akane, et al, who
seem to be missing. They had left for school that morning but hadn't
been heard from since...for that matter where was Kasumi? It isn't like
her to be late....)

Nodoka (a little bit of concern penetrating her voice):
Soun...have you seen Ranma, Akane, or Kasumi today since
they left this morning? Or you Genma?

Genma (shaking his head a little worriedly too): No, shade of my
heart...I have not....

Soun (concerned): What if....what if my daughter and your son are
dead?????? Our lines will never be joined.... WWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Nodoka (rolling her eyes): Oh, shuttup, Soun.....your bawling
doesn't help matters at all.....

(phone rings, Nabiki answers it)

Nabiki (to the phone): Tendo Residence.....Oh? Oh! OH! (slams
down the phone and turns to everyone else) It's amazing! Well, even
shocking.....Kasumi and Tofu are ENGAGED!

(everybody face faults ....save Nodoka)

Nodoka (smiling to herself and comments meant only for her ears): I
knew she had it in her.

(Soun stares in shock at first)

Soun (warming up to the dea): My daughter....Kasumi.....is
ENGAGED! (dances around the room) Genma-kun! We shall have a
double wedding! My two daughters married on the same day! (laughs
almost manaically) all we need to do is get Nabiki engaged! (he stops
and peers at Nabiki pondering)

Nabiki (at first pleased) (to herself): Good. Doctor bills taken care of.
(catching what her dad said and his look at her) NO WAY! NOT ME!
You're NOT going to pawn me off like Akane ......

Genma (smiling); We could always arrange it with Ryouga....

(Nabiki looks shocked...as does Nodoka....Genma NEVER shows that much
insight...)

Soun (starts): ....

Nodoka (cutting in): No. We will NOT do that, WILL we.....Soun?

Soun (gulping, thinking of Nodoka's katana): uhhh...no.

Nodoka (nodding): Good. (smiles) Two weddings will be enough
as is......it'll probably be more than we can afford in any case
anyways....

(phone rings)

Nabiki (getting it again): AKANE! (everyone turns and looks)
OH. MY GAWD! (slams down the phone & turns to the rest of the
crew) It's Ranma...he's been in an accident! He's in the emergency
room now...being operated on....

Soun (bawling already): MY SON-IN-LAW!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Genma-panda (signs): My son?!?!?!

Nodoka (shocked looking; doing a Kasumi): Oh my.....

(Everyone bursts out talking at once. Everyone is trying to find out
more about what happened. Nabiki at first holds her own in anwering
at a rate that she can keep up with what she knows...which is little. She
primarily answers 'I don't know', which satisifies little and causes mroe
questions to be asked and at an ever increasing rate...finally she gives a
final effort to push them away. She succeeds ....momentarily. The tidal
wave of people demanding her attention and information rush her once
more....overwhelming her).

(cut to the hospital. Akane and Ukyou are standing outside the door of
the operating room where Ranma was taken. Whenever someone
walks towards the doors that not a doctor or nurse...they glare at
them menacingly. )

Ukyou (turning to Akane slightly after scaring off a lost visitor): Akane.....

Akane (looking worried and ehr vocie starined): Yes, Ukyou?

Ukyou (looking strained too and not sure how to say what she wants to....):

Akane (looking surprised): Yes? What is it?

Ukyou (determined): Akane....do....(inhales deeply) do you ....(looks
frustrated and yet determined...) Akane. Do you love Ranma?

Akane (uncomfortable): I ummm.....uhhh...

Ukyou (serious; very serious): It's important Akane...one of us
is going to marry him. We're both engaged to him and if you don t
love him you ought to stand aside. (Akane looks shocked and mad,
Ukyou presses on) it's that I love him and want to take care of
him....you being here shows you care, but do you care like I do? It's
important...especially now that Ranma is hurt....when he recov...(she
can't finish)

Akane (a little taken back; hugs Ukyou): He'll be okay. I promise.
He'll come out of this better than ever.....(holds her)

(Akane stands there hugging Ukyou and comforting her. After a bit,
Ukyou's tears dry and she pushes away).

Ukyou (edgy): I need to know. Do you love Ranma?

Akane (frustrated): I.....ummm...uhh....Ukyou. Why do you need to know?

Ukyou (grim): I've been watching the two of you recently. You've
been happier than before, yet you guys fight just as often. You are a bit
violent about things and Ranma a bit unfeeling too...for me....I need to
know....do you or do you not love Ranma.

Akane (looking determined herself): Ranma and I have grown closer
than before....we've had some very good times together recently (flash
back to the lunch....the games of pinch tag....and more).....

Ukyou (pressing on): That's not what I asked...

Akane (sighing): I .....I d....

(the doors slam open from inside and a hospital bed with Ranma on it is
wheeled out.....they only just dodge out of the way. Looking at each
other briefly they follow quickly after

He's wheeled into another room. The nurses attach sensors to him to
monitor his heart rate, blood pressure, and more. He's bandaged alot.
The sheets are pulled up around and tucked under his arms. He's
motionless....the nurses watch him for a time and leave....aparently to
get something or something of that nature. Ukyou and akane slip in
and each stand on separate side sof the bed)

Akane (looking down at him): He'll be alright.....I hope....

Ukyou (nodding with tears in her eyes): I...I am sure of it....he's
gotten worse from Ryouga....

Akane (is brave and runs a hand through his hair....adeptly avoiding any
bandages): I know he will. (tears starting to form)
Ukyou.....(Ukyou looks at her. Akane isn't looking at her though). I
do love him....very much (she looks up and smiles). I hope we can
work something out....

Ukyou (runs a hand through his hair too, looking down at him): .....

Akane (looking up): Ukyou?

Ukyou (takign Akane's hand): I'm sure we things will work out
one way or another, Akane. (looks up again at her) We'll find a way
somehow.....

(cut to the gang as they pour through the front door of the hospital
emergency room....casualities are being taken to the public just from
the rampant avallanche of our characters)

Everyone (speaking at once): Where's my Ranma-sa----my son! -- Oh
my!-- grrrmph!--MY SON-IN-lAW!!! (cryign noises) PEOPLE!
PEOPLE!--SHAMP--

Nurse (shouting): SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(dead quiet save for the rescue workers picking up the newly injured)

Nurse (starightening her hair and uniform; starined vocie): Now.
May I help you?

(We see her get get blasted again with the wind from everyone
demanding to know where Ranma is....She gets blown across the room
from behind her desk and into the wall. *BOOM* This time Nabiki is
the one that shuts them up).

Nabiki (annoyed): PEOPLE! PLEASE! Ki-blasting the nurse
won't solve anything.....so SHUT UP! (walks over to the dazzled
nurse; helps her up; brushing off her uniform) Now, now...see? No
harm done....(steadying the poor woman; the rest of the gang is worse
than a goat with an itch for wanting to voice-blast her again with
questions) Now. May I ask after a patient that you should have here?
(nodding to her and the nurse) of course.....I'd like to inquire after
Ranma Saotome if I may....

Nurse (nodding a little uncertain): I.....I....I can check.

Nabiki (smiling imperiosly): Good....that will work.

Nurse (checking her books): Ah! Him! The one where the guards
nearly shot two young women claiming that their his fiancees.....there
as a delay and they demanded he be treated immediately.....they won
out....Ranma Saotome...room 117-A. The two young women have
passes and I assume are with him.

Nabiki (nodding) Arigato. (turning to the rest of the gang....who are
twicthing badly from holding in their anxiety and questions...) See?
Got the answer right quick. Now. Shall we go see Ranma? (starts for
the elevator)

Nurse (grabbing her and blocking the way): AHEM! Only one person
other than the two young women thatare up there may go up at a
time.....rules are rules.....(obviously recovered)

(everyone looks at each other....and a riot nearly starts)

(cut to Ranma's room....Ukyou and Akane are standing next to
Ranma's bed and talking. They are remincing over things Ranma has
done.)

Ukyou (voice steady, but worried): ...then there was time he faced
Kodachi in the ring....(smiles, if weakly) He did show he cared enough
to take her on.....

Akane (smiling slightly and nodding): Hai. He can be very sweet at
times, but he can be so insensitive too.....it's a weird mix for a fiance....
but all Ranma.....What about us? What are we going to do, Ukyou?
Something has to happen between us....friends? Are we going to share
him? (jealousy creeps in her voice there) Or are we going to have to
duel over him?

Ukyou (shaking ehr head): I don't know. I DO know that we are
going to have to settle the OTHER fiancees of his first. I DO like what
ou did to Shampoo. With any luck she'll be stuck there and that way
until after Ranma is married....to one of us....as for Kodachi.....

Akane (nodding grimly): We'll take care of her.....

Doctor (clears his throat): Ahem. Excuse me? Are you two this
young man's......fiancees? Like the report says?

Akane and Ukyou (together): Hai!

Doctor (nodding and smiling slightly): A very lucky young
man.....in many ways....(the doctor launches into a detailed medical
explanation of everything that was broken, injured, and damaged...the
two young women get lost quickly and can't make heads nor tails of
what he said....it does sound horrible to the extreme....Ukyou and
Akane are clutching at each other by the time the doctor is done) Okay?

Akane (worried; barely able to get the courage to ask); Will....
(falters)

Ukyou (picks it up): ....he.....(falters)

Doctor (raising an eyebrow): Live? It is logical. (smiles) He
should....he's built like a freight train and seems to have a natural ability
to heal very quickly....The hard part is telling whether or not he'll come
out of that coma he's in....

(cut to Nodoka wandering the halls looking for the room holding her
son...)

Nodoka (thinking): He's alright....just a scratch.....why can't I find
the blasted room? I'm not a Hibiki!

(cut to the waiting room and the gang twicthing like they're covered in
ants....)

Kodachi (muttering to herself): My Ranma-sama! How could
his have possibily have happened to you? You are so great in the ways
of martial arts....how could you have been merely hit by a semi?

Kunou (overhearing and cutting in): He deserved it, the honorless
cretin.....Fate hath declared it. Low and Saotome was brought low...tis
for his treatment of Akane and the Pig Tailed Girl.....

Ryouga (cutting in angrily); You stupid oaf! No one deserves
this....not even Ranma. He may not treat Akane the best, but he sure
wouldn't actually wish this on ANYONE.....

Kunou (dismissive tone); I trifle not with commoners such as
yourself....be gone with thine simplistic opinions of matters....

Kodachi (wrapping him with the ribbon and flinging him out the door):
That....was enough of that...AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Nabiki (almost...praying?): Please, Lord, if Ranma must marry
Kodachi according to the fates....let him die....I ask not of myself...well,
alright. I ask almost foremost as myself, but Kodachi as an in-law is
horrifying and if he sticks around at all I'll go insane! Let him alright
though, otherwise, dear lord....he's not too bad of a barbarian
otherwise....

Soun (bawling): My Son-in-law!!!!!! WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genma (growling noises): 'Son will be okay. He is a great martial
artist.'

(cut to Dr. Tofu and Kasumi almost skipping...hand in hand....to the
Tendo Dojo. They find the front locked and Kasumi opens it...they are
too much in love to notice that this is not normal....They walk inside
and find no one.....)

Kasumi (grinning almost evilly); Now, now....it's not SAFE to
have a groom alone with the bride before the wedding! And it's not
right either...(winks)

Dr. Tofu (giggling slightly, nervously): Uh huh....(laughs) I
totally agree....I do have to wonder where everyone is....

(they wander into the kitchen and find a note above the stove and
another one on the door of the fridge....it seems that they weren't told
because they had been gone from Dr. Tofu's clinic by the Nabiki had
finished explaining to the gang about what Akane had said....)

Kasumi (after reading note): Oh My!

(cut to Nodoka. She has found the room. She is watching Ukyou and
Akane. She smiles at them before remembering her son is what they
are standing there over....)

Nodoka (worried): Akane...?

Akane (turning): Nodoka-san? (runs over to her and hugs her
tight) I....I....tried to get him as soon as possible....he's hurt and badly.
They say he is in a coma and they don't know when he ll come out. .
.(turning to Ukyou) Nodoka-san...this is Ukyou.....she s Ranma s other
fiancee....she helped me...

Nodoka (nodding): Genma mentioned this.....(bows to Ukyou) I am
glad to meet you. I wish I could have under other circumstances
though. It seems my son is most fortunate to have two fiancees that
care so much for him.....

Ukyou (bowing in return): Arigato, Nodoka-san.

Nodoka (turning to Ranma): Come, the two of you, tell me what the
doctor said....

(cut to Asuza and Shampoo-cat at Asuza's home. Shampoo-cat is in a
cage....with a half dozen other 'cute' animals. She s obviously not a
happy camper.)

Azusa (walking up): Oh! Jeane Lynnette! (swings open the cage and
scoops out Shampoo faster than Shampoo can move out away; cuddles
her horribly) I'm gonna love ya, and squeeze ya....

Shampoo-cat (thinking): Gah. Shampoo must escape.....

Azusa (looks away for a second; gets distracted and sees something
cuter): Claude! My Claude! Come to me!!!!! (drops Shampoo-cat
and she scampers away)

(We see Shampoo-cat go through hell to escape Asuza's household.
Alligators in a moat outside; an electrical fence, etc.)

Shampoo-cat: Akane will pay!

(a week has past and Shampoo-cat has returned to the Nekohaten. Her
grandmother douses her in hot water and listens to Shampoo's tale.
She is most displeased and sets Shampoo to work as punishment.
Shampoo still has enough time that at night she steals away to watch
the hospital room from outside that Ranma is in. (Akane and Ukyou
had her banned from visiting) She is watching this night and ignores all
else to exclusion.)

Shampoo (lamenting): Oh Ranma. Get well so can take Shampoo to
date.....

(a shadow moves up behind Shampoo)

Shampoo (lamenting still and obviously to all else): Hurry Ranma get
better.

Shadow (voice female): Are you watching my Ranma-sama?

Shampoo (jumps into defensive position): Who you?

Shadow (standing idling): Come now, Shampoo. We are not
enemies in this....I have been banned from seeing my Ranma-sama.....I
think we can make an accommodation to dispose of Tendo and Kounji....

(fades to black)

(We see Akane and Ukyou becoming greater and greater friends. They
eat lunch together, spend all their time together, and work on
homework together....Akane picks up waiting at the Ucchan. Ukyou
attempts to teach the art of making okinamiyaki to Akane. Akane
picks up the nickname for Ukyou that Ranma uses, Ucchan, and Ukyou
starts calling Akane, Acchan...two weeks have past. Akane and Ukyou
have been going to the hospital daily for Ranma and spending what
time they can with him....even though he's out cold)

(We cut to Ukyou and Akane leaving Furinkan High after school is out.
They are slowly walking and talking together. Obvious to everyone
else. Worry has aged them.)

Ukyou (talking to keep from being 'alone' with her worries):
Same plan tonight, Acchan?

Akane (nodding): Hai, Ucchan!

(a shadow....then another appears in front of them...they stop)

Kodachi (growling): You will renounce your claims to my Ranma- sama....

(the second shadow speaks)

Shadow: And no tricks. Shampoo no like what Akane did to her.
Was hell! Little girl dress up Shampoo and call her cute! Bah! Now
you two die!

(Ukyou and Akane look at each other and sigh...they unlimber their
weapons...)

Ukyou (to Akane): After you....

Akane (bowing back): No....I insist....after you....

Ukyou (smiling grimly and bowing): Arigato.....HI-YA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (she
springs into action and swings her spat such that it appears that she s
going to sweep out Kodachi's legs when in fact she reverses the
downward motion and splats her against a tree. Akane attacks
Shampoo and a dust cloud raises up obscuring everything).

(The dust settles. We see two bloody smashed pulps on the grown and
two shadows walking away)

Shadow 1 (to Shadow 2); You'd think they'd learn....

Shadow 2 (nodding): I know....everyday for the last two
weeks....they're as bad as Kunou for Ranchan.....

(We see that Akane has been going every day to the hospital after
school. She's been diligent and caring for Ranma. She comes and tells
him of things that have happened at school and at home even though he
probably can't understand or hear what she is saying....After closing
time at Ucchan's, Ukyou comes and takes over for her. This becomes
the routine.)

(One day, Akane and Ukyou decide to switch. Akane comes in the
evening after doing her homework while Ukyou, who wanted a break
from working at Ucchan's, went that afternoon. We see Akane walking
down the hall towards Ranma's room...)

Akane (thinking): It's been a nearly a month.....Ranma...(sighs)
why did you have to come after me? Why couldn t you have stayed
where you were.....I'd rather I'd been hit than you....(she looks around
and realizes she's walked past the door. She shakes her head and
smiles while walking back to the door). (outloud) Ucchan? You here?
(no answer)

(Akane sees Ukyou asleep in a chair next to the bed.. Her hand is
holding Ranma's)

Akane (thinking): Poor girl....I understand though. (quick flash of
jealousy at the hand) I wish she'd not hold....(shakes her head) It's
Ucchan....not Shampoo or Kodachi! (she walks over to Ukyou and
smiles. She gentled wakes her.) (whispering) Ucchan! Ucchan! Wake up!

Ukyou (waking up): Ranchan????? (looks excited and deflates when
she sees it's Akane) Oh. Hi. I'm sorry. I was dreaming about
Ranchan.

Akane (smiles and nodding): Okay (nodding) I dream of him
too...frequently. (changing the subject, winking) My turn with him.
You need to get home and get some sleep and food.

Ukyou (nodding): Hai! (sighs and extracts her hand...she fondly
rubs Ranma's hair. She sits and stares at him for a moment) Alright.
(stands suddenly) I better get now if I am going to at all.

Akane (nodding): I'll see you tomorrow morning at school....Alright?

Ukyou (nodding): Hai! (hugs Akane) I'll see you later, Acchan.
Take good care of Ranchan for me....(leaves)

Akane (looking after Ukyou; to herself): I would trade our
friendship and my health, Ucchan, to see Ranchan better...

(Akane settles down. She gives her ceremonial kiss to the forehead of
Ranma...something she does every time see comes and settles down.
She takes his hand and begins to read some of the news from the paper
that she brought. She tells him of Nodoka's pregnancy and how he's
going to have a sibling. A boy Nodoka thinks. She also tells of the
fight Ryouga and Kunou got into over her and how they beat each
other into the ground. She tells of everything she can think of her
thoughts, her feelings, etc. Of her friendship with Ukyou as well. Of
the fight between her and Kodachi. She eventually runs out of things
to say and settles down. She reads to him her class assignment of one
of the classics. Eventually, she sits and simply watches him. Finally,
she falls asleep.)

Akane (wakening): .....uh. huh? (looks around confused) What
time is it...(scrunches her eyebrows together)(yawns). Geez. It's late.
I better get home for some DECENT sleep before school. (looks at
Ranma) Oh, Ranchan...silly how I picked that up from Ucchan , huh?
Well, I better go. (she collects her stuff and puts it in her bookbag) I
love you, Ranchan....my fiance. Come back to us.....(she bends to kiss
him on the forehead again, pauses briefly and runs a hand through his
hair. She smiles and then kisses his forehead).

Ranma (blinking his eyes open): Akane?

Akane (eyes as wide as saucers): Ranchan? (she pulls back)

Ranma (smiling through his scabbed lips; speaking softly): Hi,
(obviously with a lot of love) you kawaikune tomboy...

Akane (tears in her eyes): Hentai......

(fade to black)

(end part 3....to be continued)

Will Baird InterNet: wba...@nmsu.edu chpw...@arriba.nm.org
student.teacher.friend.enemy.lover.knight in shining armour.knight with
mud in face.questioner.physicist/astronomer in training.married yet
single.woman hater.woman lover.entrepeuer and much, much more.....