Ranma 1/2 - Ace of Hearts Part 1 [Fanfic]

Condor1556

Dec 1, 1994, 9:10:11 PM12/1/94

Authored by S. JAMES, Condo...@aol.com
The Ace of Hearts
A Ranma 1/2 Fanfic
Using the characters of the esteemed Rumiko Takahashi

(Part 1)
(A sunny, seemingly wonderful day in Tokyo. Soun, Genma, Ranma,

Akane, and Nabiki are eating breakfast. Kasumi is in the kitchen.)

Akane: Oh no! We're going to be late to school again!

Ranma: (munch, munch) So we'll run, as usual.

Soun: You two should go on a date tonight. You have my permission.

Akane: Dad!

Ranma: Why would I go on a date with that. . .

Nabiki, Soun, Genma: . . . uncute tomboy.

Ranma: Hey! I wasn't going to say that, hmm. . . I was going to say. . .

uhhhh

Akane: (fuming) What were you going to say?!

Ranma: Well. . . er. . .hmm. . .

Akane: (taking out a mallet from nowhere) You. . .

Nabiki, Soun, Genma: . . . pervert.

Akane: (suspending the mallet over Ranma's head) Huh?

Nabiki: Really, you two are rather predictable.

Akane & Ranma: Really? (Akane forgets about the mallet and drops it,

right on Ranma's head)

Akane: Oh, no! (Ranma groans and falls unconscious.) Looks like I'll

have to visit Dr. Tofu.

Soun & Genma: The perfect couple!

Akane: (angry) What are you two talking about? (somewhat calm)

Nabiki, can you help me bring Ranma to Dr. Tofu's?

Nabiki: Sorry, got to go to school. (Leaves)

Akane: Dad? Mr. Saotome?

Soun: Um. . . I have students coming.

Genma: Hmm. . . ooh, I think Kasumi is baking cookies! (runs off)

Akane: Hmph. Fine, I'll carry him myself, but first I'll transform him.

(gets a bucket of cold water and splashes it on Ranma. Instant Ranma-

chan.)

(Akane leaves with Ranma-chan, and Genma and Soun are chuckling)

Genma & Soun: Ha ha ha!

Genma: Tendo, this is such a great opportunity! Ranma will be in

Akane's arms the entire trip!

Soun: I know! Ha ha ha!

(Akane is dragging :-) Ranma-chan to Dr. Tofu's office. Ranma-chan is

groggily becoming conscious.)

Ranma-chan: Ow! What are you doing!

Akane: I'm taking you to Dr. Tofu's. We're here.

Ranma-chan: I can walk by myself. . . ow! My head! (They walk in to

Dr. Tofu's office.)

Dr. Tofu: I'll be right there.

(Akane splashes Ranma-chan with hot water, restoring Ranma to his

male self.)

Dr. Tofu: Hello, you two. Hmm. . . Ranma, that's a nasty bump on your

head. Akane's work?

Akane: Well. . . er. . .

Dr. Tofu: I'm just kidding. (Touching Ranma's head in various places)

Well, that bump will heal in no time. What's this? Looks like you've

been roughed up a bit. You've got plenty of scratches and abrasions.

Akane, can you fetch a cup of tea for Ranma?

Akane: Sure. (hurries out)

Ranma: (muttering in a low voice) That uncute tomboy.

Dr. Tofu: Akane is really a very nice girl, Ranma.

Ranma: Maybe, but I wouldn't mind if she just disappeared.

Dr. Tofu: You don't mean that. (winks) You'll see, one day.

Ranma: Hmph.

(Akane comes back with a cup of tea. Ranma gulps down the tea.)

Akane: I made the tea myself.

Ranma: What! Ack! Help, I'm dying!!!

(Ranma starts turning blue, then purple, as well as becoming limp and

unconscious. Akane looks shocked.)

Dr. Tofu: I think Ranma will have to stay a little while.

(After a few hours, Ranma and Akane finally exit Dr. Tofu's clinic.

School is over, and some of Ranma and Akane's classmates are walking

around.)

Akane's friend: Hey, Akane! Where were you all day? There was a new

student introduced today!

Akane: I was at Dr. Tofu's. Who's the new student?

Akane's friend: I don't know, but he's soooo dreamy! He's always

carrying around some playing cards, for some reason. He flashed an Ace

of Hearts at me!

Akane: Hmm. . . . .

(Meanwhile, Ranma sees Ukyou.)

Ranma: Hey, Ucchan!

Ukyou: Ran-chan, where have you been? You didn't come by the

okonomiyaki stand for lunch. But I brought a specially-made
okonomiyaki just for you. (gives Ranma an okonomiyaki)

Ranma: Sorry, I was at the doctor. (munch, munch) Anything new?

Ukyou: Hmm. . . well, there was a new student, but I only got a glimpse

of him. (sees a suspicious "STOP" sign) Hmm. . .

Ranma: Well, see you tomorrow, Ucchan.

Ukyou: (whipping out her giant spatula and scooping up the "STOP"

sign, sending it flying through the air) Tsubasa. . . oh, see ya tomorrow,

Ran-chan.

(Ranma and Akane are returning to the Tendo Dojo, silently. A cyclist is

seen approaching in the distance.)

Akane: I. . . I'm. . .

Shampoo: Nihao! (Shampoo flies off her bike and lands on Ranma,

sending them both on the ground.) How Ranma feel today? Ranma take

Shampoo on date?

Ranma: No, I. . . er. . . hmm. . . have a date with Akane! (Akane looks

shocked.)

Shampoo: Why Ranma have date with Akane? Shampoo much, much,

much better date! Pleease Ranma?

Ranma: No, (sounding uncomfortable) I have a date with Akane. If

you'll excuse me. . . I have to go. (Ranma gets up.)

Ryoga: Ranma! I heard you! I will not let you get near Akane! (Tries

to jump kick Ranma, who sidesteps and lets Ryoga fly past)

Ranma: Ryoga? Where did you come from, P-. . .

Ryoga: Shut up! Shiki hakoda!

(Ranma dodges the ki-blast and follows up with his own ki-blast, which

Ryoga neatly dodges. Ryoga lunges with his bamboo umbrella, taking

several swipes and catching Ranma off-guard. Just as Ryoga prepares to

land a major blow. . .)

Akane: Stop you two! Ryoga, please stop.

Ryoga: Whaa. . . sorry Akane (Shampoo lands a blow on Ryoga's chin,

sending him flying.)

Shampoo: Ryoga no hurt Ranma now. Ranma, you okay?

(Ranma is wiping his brow, feeling lucky that Ryoga was stopped by

Akane. He nods to Shampoo)

Shampoo: Shampoo get Ryoga. No worry, Ranma. (Shampoo cycles in

the direction that Ryoga was sent flying.)

Ranma: Phew, thanks Akane. What were you going to say before

Shampoo came?

Akane: Oh, nothing. Do you really want to go on a date with me?

Ranma: No, of course not. I only said that to get Shampoo off my back.

Like I said before, why would I want to go on a date with an. . .

Akane: (fuming) Why you. . . (pulls out that omnipresent mallet and

lands another blow on Ranma)

(Ranma falls flat on his face, quivering uncontrollably. Akane realizes

what she has done.)

Akane: Not again! Ugh, I'll have to take him to Dr. Tofu's again!

(It is the next day. Ranma and Akane go to school. Ranma seems

remarkably well, considering the events of the past day. When they

reach Furinkan High School, there is a crowd of boys surrounding two

people. One of them is Tatewaki Kunou, while the other is a handsome,

muscular man wearing a suit with a flowing black cape covered with

hearts. They are in fighting stances. Nabiki is the only visible female
at
the scene, accepting money from some men. She seems to be gambling

on the outcome of the fight.)

Kunou: I am the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High (lightning crackles in

the background), Tatewaki Kunou. I am the master practitioner of

kendo. You are a mere heathen wretch who shall be humbled by my

consummate skill.

Cape Man: I am known as the Ace of Hearts, master of the Everything-

School of Martial Arts, but you will call me Master.

Kunou: We shall see about that. Prepare to die, foolish infidel!

(Kunou charges with a flurry of swings with his bokken, but the Ace of

Hearts casually dodges all of his swings. With a single kick, the Ace

cracks the bokken, which falls on the ground useless.)

Kunou: Luckily, I carry a spare. Tis best to be prepared for all

occasions. You shall not be so fortunate this time.

(Kunou again charges, and again he finds his bokken splintered. The

Ace jumps up into the air, and lands abruptly on Kunou. After a series of

rapid hand chops, he sends Kunou flying.)

Ace: Speeding Spade Attack! (A sea of spades, similar to those found

on playing cards, flies at Kunou, sending Kunou up into the air and out

of sight.) Another easy victory.

(The crowd murmurs, while some yell in disgust for betting on Kunou.

Nabiki has a malicious grin, knowing Kunou's incompetence, and

therefore betting on the Ace of Hearts. Akane and Ranma seem

stunned.)

Akane: So this must be the new student.

Ranma: Whoa! That guy is good, not as good as me, but not bad either.

Akane: I think he could give you quite a challenge.

Ranma: Naah. . . I could beat up Kunou just as easily, I think.

(The Ace of Hearts walks up to Ranma and Akane.)

Ace: You must be the beautiful Akane Tendo (hands her a playing card,

which turns out to be the Ace of Hearts). And you must be Ranma

Saotome, the so-called school champion.

Ranma: What do you mean, "so-called champion"? Nobody can beat

me!

Ace: Oh really? We shall see, we shall see. Good bye for now. (He

leaves.)

(After receiving the card, Akane got a cloudy look in her eyes, her eyes

being transfixed to the card. Ranma waves in front of her eyes, but can't

get her attention.)

Ranma: Akane. Akane! Hey, Akane!

Akane: Oh, sorry. I guess I was daydreaming. That Ace of Hearts is

such a great guy.

Ranma: Huh, Akane? Are you okay?

Akane: Of course I'm okay, you dimwit. Let's go in before we're late.

Ranma: Hmm. . .

(The morning classes pass in an uneventful manner. It is now lunchtime.

Ranma sees the Ace of Hearts leaving from Ukyou's okonomiyaki stand.)

Ranma: Ucchan! How are you doing?

Ukyou: (seeming to come back to reality) Oh. . . hi, Ran-chan! Have

you met the Ace of Hearts? He is such a nice guy! He even gave me a

playing card, the Ace of Hearts to be specific!

Ranma: I don't trust that Ace of Hearts character.

Ukyou: Hmm? Did you say something? Sorry, I wasn't paying
attention.

Ranma: (suspiciously) Right. I'll be back later.

Ranma's classmate: Hey, Ranma! Did you see that Ace of Hearts? He

can fight, and he's got every girl in the school wrapped around his
finger.
You've got to do something, Ranma.

Ranma: It's nothing. The girls are just being friendly and his fighting
is
not so hot. (thinking) What's going on? First Akane, then Ukyou, now

the rest. What's with those stupid cards? It's probably nothing, but I
still
gotta be careful. What's that guy got that makes him so likable to the

girls? Hmm. . .

(Ranma and Akane are walking home from school. Akane is silent and

seems not to be paying attention.)

Ranma: Akane, what's wrong with you?

Akane: Huh?

Ranma: I said, what's wrong with you?

Akane: What do you mean what's wrong with me? Is this another one of

your "uncute tomboy" jokes? (fuming)

Ranma: (quickly) No, no that's not what I meant. Since the Ace of

Hearts gave you that stupid playing card, you've been in another world.

Akane: That's strange, I was just thinking about the Ace of Hearts. I

wonder what his real name is. . .

Ranma: (yelling) Who cares what his name is? I thought you hated

boys!

Akane: Well, I don't hate the Ace of Hearts. . . (sudden revelation)

Ranma, are you jealous?

Ranma: (defensively) No, of course not. Why would I be jealous? After

all, you are uncute, unsexy. . . hey are you listening?

Akane: Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying attention. What did you say?

Ranma: Oh, nothing. (splash) Argh! (someone was dumping water out

into the street and splashed Ranma, turning him into Ranma-chan)

Akane: Ha ha!

Ranma-chan: Hmph. Nothing a hot shower won't fix.

(As if on cue, the Ace of Hearts comes bounding out from nowhere.

Ranma-chan adopts a fighting pose, and Akane just stands still and

seems to be hazy.)

Ace: Now, here is a beauty I have not yet met. I am the Ace of Hearts

(bows grandly), master of the Everything-School of Martial Arts.

Ranma-chan: Who are you calling a beauty? (tries to jumpkick the Ace)

Ace: (throws an Ace of Hearts at Ranma-chan and simply stands in the

same place, as if expecting something to happen) You won't attack me.

Ranma-chan: (hits the Ace in the chest) Wanna bet on that?

Ace: (stunned but seemingly not hurt by Ranma's blow) What! That's

weird. . . it should have worked. Lovely one, aren't you charmed by

me?

Ranma-chan: (angry) I'm a guy! Why would I be charmed by you?!

(tries to jumpkick the Ace again)

Ace: (dodges the kick) What are you talking about? You're a girl.

Ranma-chan: No, I'm not.

Ace: Yes, you are.

Ranma-chan: Am not!

Ace: Are too!

Ranma-chan: Am not!

Ace: Are not!

Ranma-chan: Am too! Oh wait. . . am not!

Ace: Hah! You are a very strange girl. . . (Kunou comes running onto

the scene)

Kunou: Leave my pig-tailed goddess alone, you vile wretch, or I shall

tear you asunder. (charges and falls down from the Ace's kick to his face)

Oof.

Ace: Why bother trying? Farewell, fair one. (disappears in a cloud of

dust)

Ranma-chan: (pocketing the thrown playing card) Hey Akane, did you

see that? The Ace of Hearts just came by!

Akane: Huh? What are you talking about? He was here?

Ranma-chan: Something's wrong. . .(to himself) There must be
something strange in this playing card.

(Akane and Ranma-chan return to the Tendo Dojo. Soun and the panda

are playing shogi, while Kasumi is in the kitchen, and Nabiki is in her

room. Kasumi walks in.)

Kasumi: Hello, you two. Anything happen at school today?

Ranma-chan: No, nothing.

Akane: Well, we met a new student today. He has a wonderful
personality.

Kasumi: That's odd. A very nice boy came over today. He said that he

goes to the same school as you two. He did seem a little strange though.

For some reason he gave me a playing card, the Ace of Hearts, and tried

to give one to Nabiki, but Nabiki wanted 5000 yen for it, so he didn't
give
it to her.

Ranma-chan: Hmm. . . can I have your card, Kasumi?

Kasumi: I guess so, here it is. (hands Ranma her Ace of Hearts)

Ranma-chan: Akane, I'll need yours too. (Akane gives Ranma her Ace of

Hearts) I'll take a hot bath.

(Ranma is sitting in the bath, thinking.)

Ranma: (thinking) Hmph. Now I have three cards. But what do I do

with them? Maybe I'll let Cologne examine them. That old ghoul seems

to know everything.

(It is the next morning. Soun is crying uncontrollably. Genma and

Ranma rush to Soun's side.)

Soun: (tears streaming down his face) They're gone, they're all gone!

Waah! Kasumi! Akane! Waah!

Genma: Who's going to cook for us? Waah!

(Happosai comes in, gasping and crying.)

Happosai: Where are all of the pretty ladies? Waah! (sniff, sniff) Ahh,

Ranma, you'll still here! (tries to splash Ranma with water, but Ranma

ducks and it hits Genma)

Genma-panda: Growf.

Nabiki: (enters) Hello, people. I'm still here.

Happosai: Oh, my darling Nabiki! (jumps toward Nabiki but is blocked

by Ranma's foot which sends Happosai across the room)

Ranma: Akane. . . this has got to be the work of the Ace of Hearts! I

knew it! Nabiki was the only one who didn't get a card. I've got to go
the Nekohanten.

Genma-panda: (holds up a sign that says <I'm hungry, let's go.>)

(Ranma, Genma, Soun, Happosai, and Nabiki go to the Nekohanten.

Ryoga and Mousse are there as well. Cologne is there, but Shampoo is

nowhere in sight.)

Mousse: What have you done with Shampoo, you ghoul!

Cologne: (sending Mousse into the wall with her staff) She simply

disappeared.

Ryoga: I was wandering at night, and I saw a bunch of girls walking

around, but I didn't pay attention to where they were going. I think I
saw
Akane and Ukyou, but I wasn't sure.

Ranma: I think I know what happened. (places the cards on the floor)

This is the handiwork of the Ace of Hearts, master of the Everything-

School of Martial Arts.

Happosai: Everything-School of Martial Arts? Hmm. . .

Cologne: (picks up the cards) I believe Ranma may be correct. I can see

some magical residue on these cards. Yes, magic is at work.

Ranma: That explains why Akane and the others were acting so weird.

Happosai: Everything-School of Martial Arts? Oh yes, now I remember.

It's a strange school with dangerous martial artists. The school itself

moves around, and it never stays in the same place. The master probably

took so many women, so then he could turn them into slaves. There's

something else I forgot. . .

Ranma: (angered) I'm going after them. Who's with me!

Happosai, Mousse, Ryoga, Soun, and Cologne: (yelling) We
are!

Ranma: Hey, pop! Why didn't you respond!

Genma: Son, I've been thinking. It seems to me that we've been in this
sort of situation before. It seems to me that we're constantly in this
sort
of situation.

Mousse: What's your point?

Genma: How about we do nothing, absolutely nothing?

Ryoga: Huh?

Genma: Let's try something new! Let's just wait (getting excited) and
see what happens!

Ranma: What kind of idea is that, dad! We can't just let that bastard
Ace of Hearts do whatever he wants with the girls! We're going and
that's final!

Nabiki: What are you going to do?

Ranma: We're going to find this school and free all of the girls!

Nabiki: Happosai said that this school moves around, right? How do you

know where this school is?

Ranma: Hmm. . .hadn't thought about that.
(End Part 1)