Ranma 1/2 - Ace of Hearts Part 2 [Fanfic]

Condor1556

Dec 1, 1994, 9:11:01 PM12/1/94

Authored by S. JAMES, Condo...@aol.com
The Ace of Hearts
A Ranma 1/2 Fanfic
Using the characters of the esteemed Rumiko Takahashi

(Part2)
(Kunou enters by slamming the door open, but then the door bounces

back and hits Kunou back out.)

Kunou: (enters through slicing a hole in the wall) I knew that would

work better. My dear sister, Kodachi, has been taken away by that

maleficent Ace of Hearts. I shall assist you in your endeavor, for only I

know the location of this school.

Ryoga: How do you know, Kunou?

Kunou: Tis quite lucid for my perspicacious intellect. (pulls out a map

of Tokyo and points to a certain location)

Nabiki: Kunou baby, that's next to your house.

Kunou: I know that, woman! My mansion is so colossal, everything is

in close proximity to it.

Nabiki: Oh, please, you really are pathetic.

Kunou: If you were not of a defenseless member of the female gender, I

would strike you down with a single blow, but since you are, I shall give

you clemency.

Nabiki: (sarcastically) Whatever you say, Kunou baby.

Ranma: Let's go!!! (shouts from the others)

Kunou: I shall grace you with my magnificent presence, and permit the

use of my expansive residence as a base of operations.

(The entire group moves to the Kunou mansion to plan their assault on

the Everything-School of Martial Arts. Kunou is wearing a soldier's

uniform and discussing possible attack plans.)

Ranma: Since when have we planned anything? Let's just go and pound

the Ace of Hearts into the ground!

Kunou: You uncouth barbarian, that is not the way to fight. We must

prepare and prepare well, and I shall command the assault.

Mousse: Says who? You're not going to give me orders! (starts

attacking Ryoga)

Ryoga: I'm not Kunou!

Kunou: You and your tricks are no match for my superiority (tries to hit

Mousse but misses and hits Ryoga, sending him flying into the wall)

Ryoga: That's it! Shiki hakoda! (the ki-blast misses Kunou but flies

into Ranma)

Nabiki: People, people, calm down! Uh oh. . . (a foot sends Happosai

across the room), better get out of here.

Happosai: I've had it! (pulls out several Happodaikurins and throws

them on the ground)

(A huge explosion occurs in Kunou's house, which is not badly charred,

but still standing.)

Kunou: Argggh!!! My majestic habitation has been damaged!!!

(The others merely fall down on the ground, very tired. It is the next

day, and everyone looks remarkably refreshed. They have decided to just

attack the school and see what happens. They take their first good look

at the institution, which looks like a magnificent palace with a courtyard

in front. The entire group is there, except Nabiki, who chose to stay at

the Kunou mansion.)

Mousse: It looks harmless.

Ranma: Let's go!!!!!!!

(They charge onto the courtyard, expecting a fight. They are not

disappointed. Three boys come out to meet them, armed with weapons

that are too large and heavy for them to use.)

Kunou: These adversaries are obviously inferior, and I choose not to

fight such unworthy foes.

Ranma: This is easy, let's just run past them.

(As they are running, it starts to rain.)

Ranma-chan: What! Not now!

(Mousse has turned into a duck and Genma has transformed into a

panda. Ryoga remains unchanged, due to the fact that he is holding his

umbrella over his head. Meanwhile, the three little boys turn into

towering, powerful men who now seem to be quite able to wield

their weapons.)

Ranma-chan: What happened! It's got to be. . . Jusenkyou!!!

(Meanwhile, a shadow approaches Cologne and throws an Ace of Hearts

at her. She is instantly encaptured and follows the shadow's beckon.

Soun tries to attack with a jumpkick, but he is instantly knocked

unconscious by a ki-blast from the first enemy.)

Three Men: We are the Three Towers, and we shall thrash you!!!

Kunou: We shall see about that. Fools speak words that have no

substance. Feel the anguish from my bokken!!! (surprisingly, Kunou

catches one of the Three Towers off guard and sends him flying towards

the palace) Now, we know who is superior, for I have now soundly

defeated my adversary. Such trifling battles I al. . . (Kunou is bashed
by
the other two Towers and sent sprawling.)

(The battle ensues. Ranma, Genma-panda, Ryoga, and Happosai face off

against the remaining two Towers. Ryoga's fighting ability is hindered

by his umbrella, which eventually gets knocked away, transforming him

into P-chan. The panda whips out a sign and repeatedly hits one of the

Towers, while Happosai is watching.)

Ranma: Tenshin amaguriken!!! (He nails one of the Towers with 483

punches, sending it crashing down.)

(Meanwhile, Happosai becomes huge and dispatches the remaining

tower. However, Soun, Cologne, and Kunou are nowhere in sight. They

return to Kunou's mansion to get some hot water and cold water and put

some in Ryoga's backpack in case of an emergency. It has stopped

raining, and they return to the Everything Martial Arts Dojo, except this

time they do not see those three guys. They enter the palace and see a

large room.)

Ranma: (sees a dusty photo lying in cobwebs under a table) Hmm. . .

what's this? Looks like a photo of some nerdy, short kid. (pockets the

photo)

Voice: Hello, welcome to the Everything-School of Martial Arts. I am

the Jack of Diamonds and I'm here to entertain you. (A man dressed in

noble garb, but with a jester's hat, comes down from a compartment in

the ceiling.)

Ranma: We're looking for the Ace of Hearts.

Jack: Well, you'll have to get through me first, and trust me, it won't
be
easy. But first. . . (The Jack of Diamonds hits the floor and a bunch of

panels open up. Ryoga, Mousse, Genma, and Happosai fall through, but

Ranma jumps up and avoids being sent plummeting. The panels close

up.)

Ranma: Ha! You'll have to do better than that!

Jack: Hmm. . . well, actually I can't. That was my best trick. I can't
do
much else.

Ranma: Huh? Are you serious? Well, then I'll be going to the next

room then.

Jack: . . . wait, I can't let you!

Ranma: (mocking) How are you going to stop me?

Jack: I guess I can't. Forget it.

(Ranma goes into the next room, leaving the Jack of Diamonds sulking.

He goes in and finds himself in a room with a woman dressed in royal

garb, but with a large clover-like club.)

Woman: I am the Queen of Clubs, and you cannot defeat me.

Ranma: I'm not here to waste time. (impatiently) Just let me past, okay!

Queen: Such insolence! Do you think that I am as pathetic as the Jack

of Diamonds? Ha! Clover Club Attack! (clover-shaped bolts of ki-

energy smashes into Ranma, sending him flying into the wall)

Ranma: You want a fight, you've got one! (He dodges the ki-bolts and

moves closer to the Queen of Clubs.)

Queen: Ha! (She takes her massive clover-shaped club and smashes it

into Ranma's side, sending him sprawling to the ground. Ranma

unleashes his own bolt of ki-energy, grazing the Queen, who now starts

throwing clubs of all sorts at Ranma, who dodges them all. (Suddenly,

Happosai comes crashing through the wall.)

Happosai: Pretty lady!!! (Happosai jumps and clings to the Queen of

Clubs.)

Queen: Get off me, you pervert!

(Ranma takes advantage of this distraction to go to the next room, where

he sees an elderly man with a great spear.)

Man: I am the great and magnificent King of Spades. Here, your

progress shall be stopped and you shall go no further.

Ranma: How many more are there?

King: Just me, and then the Ace of Hearts. However, don't think ahead,

because you won't pass me. (He takes his spear and throws it, as it

somehow grows in length at an alarming rate, missing Ranma for a hair.

The spear crashes into the wall behind Ranma.)

Ranma: Ha! Is this your feeble attack! (He tries to splinter the spear

with all of his might. He is unsuccessful) Oww!!! What is this made out

of?

King: This is the end. (He throws many more spears, which slam into

the wall behind Ranma, and Ranma is running out of room to dodge the

spears, and suddenly, there is no more room. A bolt of mega-ki energy

starts to form in the King's hands.)

Ranma: Is this it? Is it all over?

(Suddenly, several bandannas come flying in the room followed by

Ryoga. Genma and Soun also enter, accompanied by Kunou and
Mousse. By now, the King of Spades has stopped forming his megabolt

and is now just staring at the angry-looking group which seems ready to

demolish him.)

King: Uh oh. . .

(Kunou, Genma, Soun, and Mousse converge on the King, and at the

end, the King is tied up and seems very injured. However, in the mass

confusion Mousse has knocked out Genma and Soun and Kunou has
knocked himself out. The group recovers and proceeds down a large

hallway. They see two large double doors.)

Kunou: Heroes go where cowards dare not tread. Move aside, for I,

Tatewaki Kunou, shall make my grand entrance! (Kunou takes a mighty

swing with his bokken, only to have it splinter on the door.) Tis but a

trifling setback, for no barrier can guard against the wrath of Tatewaki

Kunou! (Kunou unleashes a mighty kick against the double doors, but

they do not budge, and Kunou is holding his foot and howling in pain.)

Oww!!!!!!!!

Ryoga: Hmm. . . (turns the doorknobs and pushes open the doors). . .

that was easy.

(They enter a dark room, and as soon as they enter, the double doors

close behind them.)

Voice: Ha ha ha! I can't believe you made it this far. Behold, it is I,

master of the Everything-School of Martial Arts, the Ace of Hearts.

(The room is suddenly illuminated by various torches to reveal a circular

room with a large pit in the middle. Suspended over the huge pit are

numerous cages, containing Akane, Shampoo, Ukyou, Kasumi, Kodachi,

and others. Standing at one side of the pit is the Ace of Hearts.)

Soun: Kasumi! Akane!

Kunou: Akane! Kodachi!

Mousse: Shampoo!

Ryoga: Akane!

Ranma: Shampoo! Ucchan! Akane. . .

(Happosai suddenly enters.)

Happosai: Kasumi! Akane! Shampoo! Ukyou! All of you! You don't

know how much I've missed your. . . (Genma and Soun boot him into the

side of the room)

Ace of Hearts: Well, well, well. . . wouldn't it be a shame if they all

plummeted to their deaths.

Ryoga: I'll save you, Akane! (He jumps toward the Ace of Hearts in a

blind fury, throwing bandannas.) Shiki hakoda! (The Ace of Hearts

dodges the bandannas, but takes the full blow of the ki-blast and seems

dazed but not seriously injured.)

Ace: Such troublesome pests. (He throws energy bolts at Ryoga, who

blocks some of them with his umbrella. However, some get through and

send Ryoga flying across the room.)

Mousse: Can you deal with the master of hidden weapons? (Mousse

throws egg bombs at the Ace of Hearts, which he blocks with his cape.)

Take this! (All of Mousse's weapons come flying out of his sleeve and he

charges, attacking with hundreds of different weapons. The Ace is

slightly fazed, but with an effortless punch, he knocks off Mousse's

glasses and sends him in the direction of a pillar to attack. Mousse

eventually slumps in exhaustion.)

Genma and Soun: Hiyahhh! (They try to jumpkick the Ace of Hearts,

who simply brushes them aside with a staff that was concealed in his

cape.)

Kunou: We yet have a battle to complete, vile one. The course of

revenge is never sated and always present. True defeat is only suffered

by those that lack the will to fight! (takes out yet another bokken and

charges the Ace of Hearts. Expectedly, the Ace of Hearts breaks his

bokken and sends him flying with a mighty punch.)

Ranma: Kunou never learns. That's it, Ace of Hearts, just you and me

now!

Ace: Fine, I do not care, for after this fight, only I shall be standing.

Ranma: Oh yeah? (Ranma approaches the Ace of Hearts!) Tenshin

amaguriken!

(The Ace of Hearts tries, but cannot block all of Ranma's blows. He is

sent sprawling by Ranma's furious attack.)

Ranma: Now look who's on the ground! I've got you now!

Ace: (getting up disgusted) Never! Speeding Spade Attack!

(The familiar flurry of spades approaches Ranma, who cannot block

them, but does eliminate some with a ki-blast. Even though, several

spades reach him and cause intense damage.)

Ace: Ha ha ha! (He lashes out with his staff, sending Ranma flying into

a wall.) Hmm. . .maybe I'll let someone fall into the pit. Ahh. . .
maybe
this Akane Tendo. . .

Ranma: (Ranma staggers up) Akane. . . (with a burst of energy, Ranma

leaps up toward Akane's cage)

(Ranma grabs hold of the cage, containing an entranced Akane. With a

mighty thrust, he rips off the cage from its ceiling foundation and lands

on one side of the pit, placing the cage down safely.)

Ranma: No more fooling around! This is it! (Ranma approaches the

Ace of Hearts) Hiriyu shotenha! (Ranma's special attack sends the Ace

of Spades flying upwards, and the Ace lands on the ground hard.) Yes!

(laughing tiredly) I've defeated you!

Ace: (getting up, a bit more dazed than usual, but reasonably all right)

Not quite. Looks like I will have to destroy you. Four Suit Attack!!!

(the symbols of all four suits in a card deck come flying at Ranma, who is

caught unawares.)

(Ranma takes the full force of the suits and seems now barely able to

move.)

Ranma: This has got to be the end. . . what's this? Might as well try to

use it as a weapon. Boy, am I getting desperate. (Ranma feels something

in his pocket and throws it at the Ace of Hearts.)

(The thrown object is the photo of the nerdy boy. It lands at the feet of

the Ace of Hearts whose facial expression changes from jovial to

embarrassed. He grabs the photo and looks at it with horror.)

Ace of Hearts: Where did you get this? Argghh!!! (He turns pale and

faints.)

Ranma: What's with that photo. . .wait, I've got an idea. If his minions

fell in Jusenkyou, maybe he did too. Maybe that photo is a photo of his

cursed form. I've got to get some cold water from Ryoga's backpack.

(staggers over to Ryoga and grabs the containers of water)

(Ranma splashes the cold water on the Ace of Hearts who wakes up,

stunned.)

Ace: What's this? Water! Is this how you expect to defeat me! (he

remains unchanged)

Ranma: That's odd. . . wait a second. . . (Ranma splashes the hot water

on the Ace of Hearts.)

(The Ace of Hearts undergoes a massive transformation. His clothes are

suddenly way too big as he is transformed into a nerdy looking boy, who

in person, looks a lot like Hikaru Gosunkugi. Meanwhile, the girls in the

cages no longer are under a trance, but they are all sleeping.)

Ranma: Hikaru Gosunkugi!?!? All this time, it was Gosunkugi?!?!

Ace: I don't know what you're talking about. My name isn't Hikaru

Gosunkugi, it's Hikaru Yamata.

Ranma: Phew, for a second there, I thought, well. . . you know. You fell

in Jusenkyou, didn't you?

Yamata: Yeah, I did. Considering that you can easily defeat me in my

true form, I might as well accept defeat graciously. And, I guess you're

entitled to hear some answers too.

Ranma: Yep, a believe an explanation is in order.

Yamata: Well, it all began a while ago. . . (flashback)

(A nerdy kid, Hikaru Yamata, is shown in a school somewhere in Japan.

There are numerous scenes of him being rejected by girls over and over

again. Then, his class goes on a field trip to China, where they visited

the Accursed Springs of Jusenkyou. There, Yamata goes astray and falls

into a pool. He emerges from the pool as the familiar Ace of Hearts,

suddenly becoming a powerful, magic-wielding, male paragon. The

class had left without him, and he does not know where to go. After

much wandering, he reaches the Everything-School of Martial Arts.

Using his new-found talents, he was able to defeat the King of Spades,

who was then the master of the dojo. He then became the master.)

Yamata: So that's how it went. I took over the school, and I began to

dread and even fear my true self. One of my special abilities is to give
girl an Ace of Hearts and make her fall in love with me. This enables me

to beckon that girl whenever I want. I didn't want to hurt anyone, I
guess
I just wanted to take revenge on every rejection I felt and wanted to

capture ever girl I could. However, there was that one red-haired girl

who I couldn't quite get, for some reason. . .

Ranma: First of all, you're really pathetic. Second, I understand your

situation, even though I don't approve of what you do. I want you to stop

doing this nasty trick of yours and never return. Also, I want you to
take
everyone down and make sure that no one is under your love trance. Got

it?

Yamata: Yeah, yeah, okay. But, you have to promise not to tell about

my true form to anyone.

Ranma: Don't worry. As long as you keep your word, I'll keep mine.

Yamata: That's no problem. After all, I am honorable, if nothing else.

Now, if you'll splash some cold water on me, I'll get to work.

Ranma: Here you go. (splashes Yamata and he transforms)

Ace: It's good to see that you care for someone so deeply.

(Before Ranma can respond to the Ace of Hearts's final remark, Ranma

suddenly finds himself being lifted. Thinking himself betrayed, he

struggles, but he is only being transported out of the dojo, just like the

captives and the rest of Ranma's group. The dojo disappears in a puff of

smoke.)

(It is the next day in the Tendo Dojo. Everything seems back to normal.

Everyone gets up late, feeling quite tired, but they all gather around the

table, eating breakfast.)

Akane: Ranma, how did you defeat the Ace of Hearts?

Ranma: It was quite a battle, and I thought that I was going to lose, but

then I thought of you, Akane.

Akane: Really?

Ranma: I figured that if I lost, then that Ace of Hearts might have had

you cook for him. I couldn't let that happen, not even to an enemy.

(Ranma does not notice a table being lifted) No, eating your cooking

would be much too inhumane, so I. . .

Akane: Ranma, I hate you!!! (Ranma gets slammed over the head with

the table)

THE END

Note from the author:
Well, here it is, my first fanfic attempt. After reading volumes of Ranma

fanfic, I figured it would be fun to write some fanfic of my own. To be

honest, it was quite enjoyable, and I would encourage others to do so as

well. It is easy enough to read fanfic, but how hard is it to write it?
In
order to answer this question, I had to write a fanfic of my own. The

hardest part was coming up with the idea for the story. Frustrated with

my earlier ideas, I just lied down on my bed, listening to the Robotech

soundtrack. I reached into my pocket and to my surprise, there was

something that I had put in it earlier. The object was, can you guess?
It
was an Ace of Hearts. After that, everything else fell into place. The

instant joy of revelation is a feeling that no one should miss.

As for the story itself, I tried to keep it consistent with the Takahashi-

universe. If there are any discrepancies, I would appreciate it if
someone
told me about them. I know that the plot may be a recycled one, but hey.

. . give me a break. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Ranma 1/2 is

limited to fanfic, synopses, dubbed videos, and some translated manga. I

have to say that Kunou is my favorite character, and I definitely enjoyed

writing out his part. In the near future, I will probably attempt to
write a
fanfic centered around him. My knowledge of some of the other
characters, such as Ukyou and Kodachi, is also limited, so they really did

not play significant roles. Any information about them would also be

appreciated.

As a final note, I originally planned to not make this story consistent

with the Takahashi-style. Honestly, I have always hoped that Akane

would not end up with Ranma. I don't know why, but I simply dislike

Akane :-(. I would prefer it if Ranma ended up with Ukyou, or even
Shampoo. Maybe I'll get the courage to write a fanfic where Akane

and Ranma get irreconcilable differences, and then I'll infuriate the

purists :-). But until then, I think that I'll stick with the pattern.

If you compliment this work, I'll keep writing. If you criticize this
work,
I'll keep writing. Any sort of comments, positive or negative, would be

appreciated. I've got another fanfic, entitled "It's all about pride. .
." and
also "Ranma, is that you. . .?" The latter may not have been released as

you're reading this, because it's currently in its editing stages. E-mail

me at Condo...@aol.com. Thanks! :-)

Later,
S. JAMES
Condo...@aol.com