[FLUFF] THE OFFICIAL TEAMS LIST

1 view

Bill Martin

Jan 1, 2008, 9:32:17 AM1/1/08
Okay. Before I post the challenges, here is the official team lists as
I saw them. If you're not on the list, and you're sure you posted a
team, then e-mail me and you can still be an official team. Otherwise,
you can compete in omake status.

Rob Kelk - Team Lovely But Dangerous

Yomiko Readman, R.O.D. the TV
Chisame Hasegawa, Negima manga
Sakura Kinomoto, Card Captor Sakura

All 3 challenges

-----

Gerardo Campos - Team Xalsin

Clef, Magic Knight Rayearth OVA
Tochiro, Captain Harlock/Arcadia of My Youth
Dai, Dragon Quest: Dai no daibouken

All 3 challenges

-----

star...@yahoo.com

Team "He's a clown too???"

Leon Oswald, Mia Gillem, and Anna Heart, Kaleido Star

Easy Challenge only

Team "Madwoman, Idol, and Protege"

May Wong, Layla Hamilton, and Rosetta Passel, Kaleido Star

Medium Challenge only

Team "Wing and a Prayer"

Sora Naegino, Ken Robbins, and Yuri Killian, Kaleido Star

Hard Challenge only

-----

Sea Wasp

Team Returning Champions (a.k.a The Munchkins)

Son Goku, DBZ
Kaos, Yoroiden Samurai Troopers
Locke, Locke the Superman

Omake team, all 3 challenges

Team Technomagic

Bulma Briefs, DBZ
Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist
Honey Kisaragi, Cutey Honey

Real team, all 3 Challenges

Team Hard Masters

Kame-Senin, DBZ
Isumi Curtis, Fullmetal Alchemist
Marin Aquilla, Saint Seiya

Omake team, all 3 challenges

-----

Aria, her team

Mireille, .hack//Dusk
Kami Haruko, Air TV
Dominic Sorel, Eureka Seven

Easy challenge only

----

Dot Warner

Team Manly Pink

Dan Hibiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Kirby, Super Smash Brothers Melee
Luigi, Luigi's Mansion

Easy challenge officially, medium and hard omake.

Team Unfair Advantage

Seta Soujirou, Rurouni Kenshin
Solid Snake, Metal Gear: Sons of Liberty
Zhuge Liang, Dynasty Warriors

Medium challenge officially, easy and hard omake

Team Pyrrhic Victory

Alexander Anderson, Hellsing
Legato Bluesummers, Trigun
Xelloss, Slayers Try

Hard challenge officially, easy and medium omake

-----

Gabriel Pelletier - Team "We Like Guns"

Sosuke Sagara, Full Metal Panic
Teana Lanster, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
Seras Victoria, Hellsing

Easy challenge only

-----

MadPanda

Team Think Pink

Kurumi, Steel Andgel Kurumi
Princess Glenda, Petit Princess Yucie
Sumomo, Chobits

Easy challenge only

Team Perky Power

Naruto Uzumaki, Naruto
Yohko Mano, Devil Hunter Yohko
Batou's Tachikoma, Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig

Medium challenge only

Team Panda's Angels

Ryoko Hibiki, Tenchi Muyo
Sailor Pluto, Sailor Moon
KOS-MOS, Xenosaga: The Animation

Hard challenge only

-----

afedakendragon

Team "Cute girl, mecha, and a cute girl-mecha"

Haruka Amami & Prometheus-1:Imber, Idolmaster Xenoglossia
Master Sergeant Karen Sonomiya, ???

All 3 challenges

Team Dojikko!

Mizunashi Akari - Aria the Animation
Ellis - El Cazador de la Bruja
Kashiwara Sora - Sketchbook: Full Colors

Easy and maybe Medium challenges, omake.

-----

Aje RavenStar - Team Bubba

Little Poverty/Tama (a.k.a. Binbougami), Kami-Chu!
Seiji Sawamura, Midori Days
Z-001, Roujin-Z

All 3 challenges

-----

Freezer - Team Cute 'n' Spunky!

Pan, DB GT
Skuld, Ah! My Goddess
Sakura Kinomoto, Cardcaptor Sakura

-----

Bill Martin, Team "Deadly Redheads, Take 3"

Genie, Rune Soldier Louie
Miss Yukari (a.k.a. Inspector Widget), Nerima Daikon Brothers
Nami, One Piece

Medium challenge only

-----

Antonio E. Gonzales - Team Teen/Youth

Bulma Briefs - DBZ
Miroku - Inuyasha
Lina Inverse - Slayers

-----

Richard Hudson

Ami Mizuno - Sailor Moon
Sora Nageno - Kaledio Star
Kino - Kino's Journey

Easy Challenge only

Steel Angel Saki Steel Angel Kurumi
Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Loki - Ragnarock Detective Loki

Medium Challenge only

Doremon - Doremon
Ichigo Kurosagi - Bleach
Cutey Honey - Cutey Honey

Hard challenge only

-----

Okay. That's all I've seen so far.

Gabriel Pelletier

Jan 7, 2008, 5:56:54 PM1/7/08
> Gabriel Pelletier - Team "We Like Guns"
>
> Sosuke Sagara, Full Metal Panic
> Teana Lanster, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
> Seras Victoria, Hellsing
>
> Easy challenge only

> Easy Challenge - This year, the planners behind last year’s New Year
> Con
> have beefed up security, but at the expense of the entertainment
> budget. The troupe they planned to bring in for the debut of the LAAM
> (the Live-Action Anime Musical) was more than they could afford, and
> since it’s been hyped that it will be the first LAAM at NYC, you and
> your teammates have been requested to fill in. You may choose to do
> any
> anime that isn’t already a musical (which is the majority of them).

Great to see I'm officially there. I'm quite sorry about the late reply,
I've been away from home for the holidays and only managed to learn the
challenge today at noon.

Although it manages to completely circumvent the varied skills I tried
to get for the challenge, I have managed to find a fairly good anime to
'live-act'.

However, I need a bit of time to download a torrent of a few episodes
(both to refresh my memory and serve as inspiration) and actually write
it. Would that delay, on top of the one that has already occured be
acceptable, or should I consider myself to have already failed?

Bill Martin

Jan 8, 2008, 8:45:13 AM1/8/08
On 2008-01-07 16:56:54 -0600, Gabriel Pelletier
<gabriel....@axion.ca> said:

No problem, take your time. Extensions are granted when asked for.
Besides, based on the last 2 years of challenges, even if the official
deadline passes, I won't consider the unofficial deadline passed until
there's been no fics posted for at least a week.

Bill Martin

Jan 9, 2008, 3:20:05 PM1/9/08
On 2008-01-01 08:32:17 -0600, Bill Martin <bill_r...@hotmail.com> said:

First off, going to snip out some teams, based on the fact I've already
seen their fics, and will comment on the rest.

> Rob Kelk - Team Lovely But Dangerous
>
> Yomiko Readman, R.O.D. the TV
> Chisame Hasegawa, Negima manga
> Sakura Kinomoto, Card Captor Sakura
>
> All 3 challenges

Well, still waiting on the Hard Challenge. I don't foresee a full win,
but it's not a guarantee.

> Gerardo Campos - Team Xalsin
>
> Clef, Magic Knight Rayearth OVA
> Tochiro, Captain Harlock/Arcadia of My Youth
> Dai, Dragon Quest: Dai no daibouken
>
> All 3 challenges

Wow... um... no-showed so far, would definitely be a team that I'm not
too familiar with, and wouldn't mind seeing how they attempt the stuff.

> Sea Wasp
>
> Team Returning Champions (a.k.a The Munchkins)
>
> Son Goku, DBZ
> Kaos, Yoroiden Samurai Troopers
> Locke, Locke the Superman
>
> Omake team, all 3 challenges
>
> Team Technomagic
>
> Bulma Briefs, DBZ
> Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist
> Honey Kisaragi, Cutey Honey
>
> Real team, all 3 Challenges
>
> Team Hard Masters
>
> Kame-Senin, DBZ
> Isumi Curtis, Fullmetal Alchemist
> Marin Aquilla, Saint Seiya
>
> Omake team, all 3 challenges

3 teams. First off, the munchkins. The musical might be fun to watch
Goku mess up. The LotL would be no challenge to them, and as long as
they don't accidentally get infected, a full win, thanks to Locke's
powers. Now the Technomagics, the musical would be a piece of cake
(Sometimes, I'm a broadway star...), the LotL would be workable, so
long as they can survive long enough to find a matrix table that can
affect time windows, and the plague would be where they really shine.
Now the Masters team, I'm not familiar enough with Isumi and Marin, so
I won't comment on that.

> Aria, her team
>
> Mireille, .hack//Dusk
> Kami Haruko, Air TV
> Dominic Sorel, Eureka Seven
>
> Easy challenge only

No word yet on this one, hope I didn't scare off this Challenge virgin...

> Gabriel Pelletier - Team "We Like Guns"
>
> Sosuke Sagara, Full Metal Panic
> Teana Lanster, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
> Seras Victoria, Hellsing
>
> Easy challenge only

Awaiting this one...

> MadPanda

> Team Perky Power
>
> Naruto Uzumaki, Naruto
> Yohko Mano, Devil Hunter Yohko
> Batou's Tachikoma, Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig
>
> Medium challenge only

> Team Panda's Angels
>
> Ryoko Hibiki, Tenchi Muyo
> Sailor Pluto, Sailor Moon
> KOS-MOS, Xenosaga: The Animation
>
> Hard challenge only

Definitely waiting on both of these.

> afedakendragon

> Team Dojikko!
>
> Mizunashi Akari - Aria the Animation
> Ellis - El Cazador de la Bruja
> Kashiwara Sora - Sketchbook: Full Colors
>
> Easy and maybe Medium challenges, omake.

Still waiting on the Easy omake, but no rush...

> Freezer - Team Cute 'n' Spunky!
>
> Pan, DB GT
> Skuld, Ah! My Goddess
> Sakura Kinomoto, Cardcaptor Sakura

D'oh forgot to write down that Freezer was going for all 3 challenges...

Still, shouldn't be too hard, just needs to put finger to keyboard...

> Bill Martin, Team "Deadly Redheads, Take 3"
>
> Genie, Rune Soldier Louie
> Miss Yukari (a.k.a. Inspector Widget), Nerima Daikon Brothers
> Nami, One Piece
>
> Medium challenge only

This omake is coming up A.S.A.P.

> Antonio E. Gonzales - Team Teen/Youth
>
> Bulma Briefs - DBZ
> Miroku - Inuyasha
> Lina Inverse - Slayers

*sigh* Another one I forgot to write down all 3 again...

Lina would recognize the easy challenge, as she, Amelia, and Gourry did
something similar, sans the singing, the LotL would be a breeze, and
only in the Hard challenge do we find any real degree of difficulty.

> Richard Hudson
>
> Ami Mizuno - Sailor Moon
> Sora Nageno - Kaledio Star
> Kino - Kino's Journey
>
> Easy Challenge only
>
> Steel Angel Saki Steel Angel Kurumi
> Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
> Loki - Ragnarock Detective Loki
>
> Medium Challenge only
>

> Doremon - Doremon
> Ichigo Kurosagi - Bleach
> Cutey Honey - Cutey Honey
>
> Hard challenge only

I stand awaiting these...

Rob Kelk

Jan 9, 2008, 4:39:26 PM1/9/08
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:20:05 -0600, Bill Martin
<bill_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2008-01-01 08:32:17 -0600, Bill Martin <bill_r...@hotmail.com> said:
>
>First off, going to snip out some teams, based on the fact I've already
>seen their fics, and will comment on the rest.
>
>> Rob Kelk - Team Lovely But Dangerous
>>
>> Yomiko Readman, R.O.D. the TV
>> Chisame Hasegawa, Negima manga
>> Sakura Kinomoto, Card Captor Sakura
>>
>> All 3 challenges
>
>Well, still waiting on the Hard Challenge. I don't foresee a full win,
>but it's not a guarantee.

Sorry, I've been ill the last few days and not up to anything more than
a quick quip or two... Fingers crossed, I hope to have the Hard
Challenge finished before the weekend.

(And I don't forsee a full win, either...)

<snip>

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> e-mail: s/deadspam/gmail/
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

Gabriel Pelletier

Jan 13, 2008, 1:52:05 PM1/13/08
>> Gabriel Pelletier - Team "We Like Guns"
>>
>> Sosuke Sagara, Full Metal Panic
>> Teana Lanster, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
>> Seras Victoria, Hellsing
>>
>> Easy challenge only
>
> Awaiting this one...

There it is.

*****

Well, there I was, sitting in front of an odd electronic device and the
clock on the wall behind, glancing from one to the other and wondering
if the challenge would really occur as advertised.

I mean, sure, I’d read quite a few testimonies, and entertained the
thought of entering as well many time, but a part of me doubted it was
possible for anime characters to suddenly enter the... real world I
guess. My real world at least.

I glanced at the clock and stifled a yawn. Nope, the clock hadn’t
suddenly jumped to midnight, though it was getting closer. I should
probably have slept, but my mind kept swirling with a mental war between
rationality and my gut feeling that something WAS going to happen.

A beep startled my attention back to the device and I saw that it had
lit up. A glance confirmed that it was now midnight and it was with a
bit of trepidation that I stood up.

With an odd noise, I’d say a mix between a bloop and a loud rush of air,
my small apartment suddenly got more crowded.

My mind had barely the time to recognise the three new additions to my
abode before Sousuke, Teana and Seras jumped away from myself and each
other, pulling out their respective weapons as they dove for cover.

Three pairs of eyes then snapped to me when it became apparent that I
was not going to do the same and I hurriedly lifted my hands to a non
threatening ‘half up’ position and hurriedly shouted, “I can explain!”

I took a moment to compose myself and hurriedly blurted out, “I’m taking
part in a challenge. I had to designate a team of three people from
another universe to accomplish a task and the three of you are those
I’ve chosen. Once the task is done, the three of you will be sent back
home to wherever and whenever you were before you got here.”

The three looked at me with apparent disbelief and I chose to attempt to
prove my claim. I pointed to Teana, “Teana Lanster is a mage.”

My hand turned to Seras, “Seras Victoria is a vampire.”

I then indicated Sousuke, “Sousuke Sagara is an Arm Slave pilot.”

I then swung my arm to indicate all of them, “All three of you are
something that exists only in your respective universes, but not in each
other’s, or mine for that matter.”

***

It took more convincing before they, Sousuke in particular, stopped
being too openly distrustful to ‘work’ with me. Seras was the first,
probably helped by the fact that neither of the others seemed to believe
my claims that she was a vampire, which meant that it was likely that
neither of them could cause her any lasting harm.

With her help, I eventually managed to get the others to put their
weapons away and talk with each other. Luckily, I had been right in
thinking that all three of them could speak English when I had chosen
them and so there was no language barrier to complicate things.

Sousuke was the most disbelieving of the three regarding my claims, but
the other two could demonstrate the truth of my statements regarding
them fairly easily. Once it was proven that at least most of my
statements were true, Sousuke seemed to decide to trust me for the time
being.

He was quick to question me regarding the challenge, and I realised that
I had no idea of what it was yet. I looked in the challenge device’s
direction and noticed an envelope propped against the side of it.

I looked within it and found plane tickets and a letter. After reading
the latter, I groaned in dismay and handed it to a visibly curious
Seras. There I was, having carefully picket a team that could fight,
sneak and brute force through very varied challenges, and I ended up
with one that neatly avoided everything anyone in the team could easily do.

I sat there, pondering the puzzle before me for quite a while. The main
problem I could see for the team was that we had no good male actors. I
could play minor roles, but anything beyond that was beyond me. And
Sousuke? He could probably easily remember any text you gave him, but he
would probably not be able to put much emotion in his role.

Really, the only kind of role I could see for him was a character that
is pretty much always emotionless. And it was that thought that allowed
me to find what I decided was probably the best role. I glanced at Seras
and Teana, and winced a bit. I really wasn’t sure that either of them
would be great for their roles, but I could think of nothing else.

I stood up and looked at the three, “Has any of you ever heard of Excel
Saga?”

***

According to the letter, I had two weeks before the musical. Seras and
Teana both agreed that it was not enough for any kind of rehearsed
performance beyond the basics and we all decided that we had no choice
but to improvise.

I quickly downloaded the anime series and left the three future actors
to get better acquainted with their roles while I began the ordeal of
actually writing the plot. It swiftly became apparent that I would not
be able to convincingly follow the anime’s plot for any length of time.
So I decided to satirize the manga to anime conversion by intentionally
differing from the source material.

The result was pretty much guaranteed to get a lot of criticism, but I’d
at least have fun writing it. Teana quickly improvised herself
proofreader, often spotting inaccuracies and excessive conflicts with
the source material that completely escaped me.

And finally, after much work, we had what I considered a fairly good
plot for musical, but no actual music. I contacted the con’s planners
and, for lack of a better word, strong-armed them into providing the
costumes, equipment and someone with a musical ear to help us.

“If I can’t pull it off, you’re the ones who are going to look
stupid.” worked surprisingly well.

The actual flight went fairly well. I was terrified when I learnt that
Sousuke intended to bring his weapons along, but he took care of the
problem himself and, to be perfectly honest, I’m not sure I want to know
how he managed it.

***

With a lot of brainstorming with pretty much everyone I could recruit,
Seras managed to make a few fairly good and, more importantly, simple
songs and, with a lot of practice, Seras, Teana and Sousuke learnt them.
Sousuke’s deadpanned rendition of Il Palazzo’s long list of hobbies, for
example, was very amusing.

***

(Author Note: Most of the following dialogue is inspired by the Quack
Experimental Anime FanSub. Sorry about this.)

“The world is corrupt.” Sousuke deadpanned, “Manga books and Anime,
which are circulated in exceedingly large quantities across the world
are now being converted to Live-Action Anime Musicals. The world that
ACROSS will build has no need of such things! Therefore, in anticipation
of that day, those who create this material must be liquidated. This is
you first target.”

I showed myself behind the fake monitor dominating the wall.

Seras gleefully shouted, “Woohoo! Liquidate! I, Excel, your humble
servant, if it is your command, will blindingly liquidate this horrible
person and all others be they author, musician or actors! This I swear
as your always faithful servant Excel, through fire, water and wind, as
an officer of ACROSS and a young maiden in love with Il Palazzo-Sama, I
shall succeed.”

Teana indicated that she agreed with most of what Seras said by nodding
and dying.

***

Not everyone agreed, but most people liked the musical, although many
mentioned that the plot was just an obviously mangled rehashing of bits
and pieces of several of the first episodes. For the most part, it was
declared that the actors’ performance was very good, and many people
mentioned that whoever played Il Palazzo never slipped out of character.

That evening, the three dimensionally displaced people and I got
together for a quick goodbye and, at midnight, they vanished.

*****

Author Notes: Well, I’ve spent a few days re-reading the whole fic
several times and I can’t find any more obvious errors. But damn, most
of the time spent writing this has been spent with me having an idea in
my head but being unable to write it down in a satisfactory way.

I’m just not able to feel satisfied with the result, I’m not sure why.
Actually, I do, I read enough to know what good writing looks like and
this is not it.

Oh well, I had fun writing it at least and the challenge of finding
something that that team could do was amusing.

Bill Martin

Jan 13, 2008, 3:00:20 PM1/13/08
On 2008-01-13 12:52:05 -0600, Gabriel Pelletier
<gabriel....@axion.ca> said:

And surprisingly, you did what I thought was highly improbable. While
you may not be satisfied with it, I most assuredly am. Above average
fic for its length, and you most certainly pass. Congratulations.

Rob Kelk

Jan 13, 2008, 5:22:21 PM1/13/08
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:52:05 -0500, Gabriel Pelletier
<gabriel....@axion.ca> wrote:

<snip>

>I’m just not able to feel satisfied with the result, I’m not sure why.
>Actually, I do, I read enough to know what good writing looks like and
>this is not it.

I liked it, and I'm difficult to please when it comes to fanfic.

(Then again, I never thought my early works were any good, either. You
might just be suffering from new-writer anxiety, which will go away
after you write a few more stories.)

>Oh well, I had fun writing it at least and the challenge of finding
>something that that team could do was amusing.

And I had fun reading it. Thanks!

Gabriel Pelletier

Jan 13, 2008, 9:53:06 PM1/13/08
> And surprisingly, you did what I thought was highly improbable. While
> you may not be satisfied with it, I most assuredly am. Above average
> fic for its length, and you most certainly pass. Congratulations.

*blinks*

Wow, it's that good?

*grins*

Cool.

star...@yahoo.com

Jan 14, 2008, 2:57:52 PM1/14/08
Agreed. You took the LAST team that might be able to do that and you
convinced them to work together and get it off the ground. Nice work.

Mike