[Announce] Shoujocon! Call for participants!

Nora

Jul 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/11/99
Hi, all! After the great chat we had on Friday night, lots of basic
plans
were laid with regard to Shoujocon. For those of you who were following
the discussion on the AMLA and weren't able to join the chat, you might
want to go and take a look at the summary of the plans on the site
Katchan's put together. Feel free to discuss any parts of it on the
AMLA
or via email; none of this is set in stone yet. The site is at:

http://home.golden.net/~katchan/shoujocon/shoujocon.html

This is also a call for volunteers. Those of you who were involved in
the
chat have already received an invitation to join the Shoujocon Planning
Committee's ML on Onelist. For any others who are seriously interested
in
participating in the planning and execution of Shoujocon, feel free to
join
this ML by going to Onelist at www.onelist.com and doing a search for
"shoujocon." The list is open to anyone, although joining requires
moderator approval, to reduce the possibility of spamming. We're aiming
for doing this in May of 2000, so we need to swiftly get our collective
asses in gear! It's going to be a small con, but we want it to be a
*quality* one as well, so we've got lots to do.

Thanks for those who've offered ideas/brainstorming to date. Now it's
time
to get to work. =)

Nora
--